Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OLD DD (Daily Deal) Rotation: Start 13 April - End 14 June

Comments

• Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited May 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    ::whiny voice:: I was at WORK! Who came up with this must-have-a-job-to-pay-bills-thing anyway! Thanks for missing me! Now if we could only find necle... :wink:

As well as paying bills you need money to buy simpoints. :D As for necle she'll show up again eventually, maybe when we start a new rotation.

Joins chant for a new rotation and a super sale this weekend for Memorial Day, even though here it's just a normal day and my understanding of Memorial Day comes from watching revenge.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,009 Member
    edited May 2013
    Joins chant for a new rotation and a super sale this weekend for Memorial Day, even though here it's just a normal day and my understanding of Memorial Day comes from watching revenge.
    Revenge is one of the only tv shows I would stop DD stalking for. I don't know Memorial Day; we just celebrated Victoria Day or as some call it, the May long weekend.
    lol. This is my first rotation that I actually stalked the DD. What a ride! I was frustrated with my phone enough to throw it against the wall, but I didn't. Thanks again me1620.
    Phew! Glad you didn't throw your phone. It would costs lots of simpoints to replace it. :-)
    Is it normal for a DD list this long to rotate all the way through for the third time?
    This is the longest list by far. I think the longest list before was about 250 items (maybe 280.) The norm for a rotation is that there is no norm. We are at the mercy of the Sim Gurus.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Mayve_LaSalleMayve_LaSalle Posts: 37 New Member
    edited May 2013
    lol. This is my first rotation that I actually stalked the DD. What a ride! I was frustrated with my phone enough to throw it against the wall, but I didn't. Thanks again me1620.
    Phew! Glad you didn't throw your phone. It would costs lots of simpoints to replace it. :-)
    Is it normal for a DD list this long to rotate all the way through for the third time?
    This is the longest list by far. I think the longest list before was about 250 items (maybe 280.) The norm for a rotation is that there is no norm. We are at the mercy of the Sim Gurus.

[/quote]

lol. I know and believe me I do not want to spend the simpoints to replace my phone. I'd rather spend my simpoints on Dragon Valley and Island Paradise. :)

I just hope the Gurus are merciful and give us a shorter rotation with the stuff folks missed that they really wanted.

Good night all. Got to get some shut eye so I'll be ready for work tomorrow, this gal's gotta earn her simpoints. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather spend my simpoints on Dragon Valley and Island Paradise. :)
    Just so you don't buy lots of simpoints intending to use them for Dragon Valley or Island Paradise, you can't use simpoints to buy them.

Goodnight. I have to work tomorrow but I am a night owl.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    SVTonySVTony Posts: 243 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I missed the greenhouse for the umpteenth time because as usual it comes in the middle of the night for me (I live in the UK). I woke up seconds before it came up on the DD but amid all the excitement I was trying to log in with the password for a different website :roll: and by the time I remembered the right one, the greenhouse was gone! :evil:

This is getting really annoying, now I'll have to wait months until it comes on DD again or there is a sale that is actually a good one.
  • Options
    PakaJynxPakaJynx Posts: 285 Member
    edited May 2013
    :shock: I . . . got gifted the Greenhouse. Is the system supposed to send messages for that? It didn't. I just happened to check my wishlist and noticed the lack of a Buy Now button. Holy cats! What a way to start the morning! Squee!

Thank you again, luvalphvle! :D
  • Options
    melissam311554melissam311554 Posts: 824 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'll let you know if the Greenhouse is worth it once I get a chance to play with it! I mostly wanted the station and the roof pieces (which you can't get separately). Venue is pretty but wasn't willing to spend almost $20 on it.

Seconded (although it was more like £7.50 vs. £3.75 for me thanks to exchange rates and the higher points bundle). I wanted some of the clothing as well as the greenhouse bit itself, the premium items were a good bonus and should help me grow things. I dunno if I'll be able to check it out that much this afternoon/tonight but I'll do my best to post something here about it when I do.
    SVTony wrote:
    I missed the greenhouse for the umpteenth time because as usual it comes in the middle of the night for me (I live in the UK). I woke up seconds before it came up on the DD but amid all the excitement I was trying to log in with the password for a different website :roll: and by the time I remembered the right one, the greenhouse was gone! :evil:

This is getting really annoying, now I'll have to wait months until it comes on DD again or there is a sale that is actually a good one.

:( I barely slept last night because of the darn greenhouse -- I was paranoid something was going to sell out quickly so I was waking up and checking my laptop every thirty minutes or so, setting multiple alarms (I only needed the one though). By the time it got to 2:10 I got out of bed and camped in front of my laptop, waiting for the time to tick down. I've got a full day of work (so no real ability to test out the greenhouse) and I think I'm going to be paying for my sleepless night this evening.
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited May 2013
    PakaJynx wrote:
    :shock: I . . . got gifted the Greenhouse. Is the system supposed to send messages for that? It didn't. I just happened to check my wishlist and noticed the lack of a Buy Now button. Holy cats! What a way to start the morning! Squee!

Thank you again, luvalphvle! :D
    You're welcome!! :D. I know it's frustrating to stalk the DD and miss the stuff you really want!
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited May 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    Before it made it through to the end, a set (I forget which one, but the old list can be referenced) popped up with a 6 hour time limit, but was only up for a few seconds or a minute or two before the Greenhouse popped up for 950 SimPoints and that was the beginning of THIS list.

The horrible, deceiving, EVIL Outdoor Tiki Set that made me miss the Greenhouse that first time, loose all that sleep, and become a crazy, DD obsessed person... ::grumbles::

BUT it also caused me to find this thread so everything turned out well in the end! :mrgreen:

Edit: I am, however, going to need Daily Deals Anonymous eventually...

"Hi, my name is Meg and I have an addiction." :roll:
    Oh yes! :lol:

That was a strange night. I was putting of going to bed (late, as usual!) when I noticed a new DD, The Serenity Retreat, quickly followed by the Tiki Outdoor Party for six hours. Well, no one had started a new DD thread, so I was setting this one up when the Tiki set suddenly disappeared and there was the Greenhouse at half price! :shock:

Stop right there! Luckily simpoints in the account so I snapped it up right there. Thankfully it was totally unexpected so the deal was up long enough for me to snag it.

And then this amazing, extraordinary, list started; bringing so many awesome DD stalkers together for the ride!
    SVTony wrote:

:( I barely slept last night because of the darn greenhouse -- I was paranoid something was going to sell out quickly so I was waking up and checking my laptop every thirty minutes or so, setting multiple alarms (I only needed the one though). By the time it got to 2:10 I got out of bed and camped in front of my laptop, waiting for the time to tick down. I've got a full day of work (so no real ability to test out the greenhouse) and I think I'm going to be paying for my sleepless night this evening.

So sorry for you SVTony, we all feel your pain and frustration. :cry:

melissam311554, that was me a couple of week ago when the Gothique Library came up at something past 3am! Thankfully the market was only (only! :shock: ) 1am! Congrats on a successful hunt! :D

For litabelaqua:
    And, finally, just in case you didn't see my message on your wall - and I know this is a bit late :( - litabelaqua, thank you for the gift it was so very kind and generous of you. And, yes, my Sims are loving it :-)

• Options
    edited May 2013
    The life of a true DD stalker. I hope you are not a zombie at work today because of no sleep. Enjoy trying out the Greenhouse later and I hope you don't fall asleep while playing. (I do that all the time and wake up hours later slumped over at the computer.)

• Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited May 2013
    On the brightside of this 3rd rotation, I was able to grab the only item from the safari living set that I want. But now I am ready for a new rotation :lol:
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    TinaG1947TinaG1947 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited May 2013
    Congrats Liz! :mrgreen: I am so ready for a new list as well. Hopefully we will get one soon.
  • Options
    melissam311554melissam311554 Posts: 824 Member
    edited May 2013
    ajaxpost wrote:
    melissam311554, that was me a couple of week ago when the Gothique Library came up at something past 3am! Thankfully the market was only (only! :shock: ) 1am! Congrats on a successful hunt! :D

Oh yes, I can definitely imagine that. There were a few things I wanted that I needed to get up in the early hours of the morning for (the marketplace, the may 2011 complilation set, and goes without saying the greenhouse).

What made me nervous was the sheer uncertainty -- we didn't know if the greenhouse would pop up again or if we'd start a new rotation. I would have been a bit disappointed about getting up at 2AM if I saw we'd gone onto a new rotation and it wasn't an item I wanted.
    Me1620 wrote:
    The life of a true DD stalker. I hope you are not a zombie at work today because of no sleep. Enjoy trying out the Greenhouse later and I hope you don't fall asleep while playing. (I do that all the time and wake up hours later slumped over at the computer.)

:lol: I've not been too bad so far, but I can feel it kicking in now, twelve hours later. Thankfully I work from home so no one can see how tired I am at work.
    On the brightside of this 3rd rotation, I was able to grab the only item from the safari living set that I want. But now I am ready for a new rotation :lol:

If this rotation continues (IF, not saying I want it to) I might be able to nab some items I missed previously. The majority of them were single items that I was not waking up in the middle of the night for, not for a 30 point discount, but I'm hoping that the Sun Surf & Sand (Sleep) will reappear sometime soon -- I missed that first go-around and it was removed the second time.

Of course, I'm also now going through and debating if some items on the list I really want -- in my legacy the two oldest girls are going to be heading to Starlight Shores to pursue their dreams. The Seeing Stars set might be up in a couple of hours, but I'm going "do I really want it?". (Edit: The answer is no)
  • Options
    PakaJynxPakaJynx Posts: 285 Member
    edited May 2013
    luvalphvle wrote:
    You're welcome!! :D. I know it's frustrating to stalk the DD and miss the stuff you really want!
    Indeed, it is. I didn't believe my eyes at first and then squealed like a madwoman. I can't thank you enough. Is there anything I can do for you?
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited May 2013
    Off topic, but does anyone know why my signature is not appearing?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited May 2013
    PakaJynx wrote:
    luvalphvle wrote:
    Indeed, it is. I didn't believe my eyes at first and then squealed like a madwoman. I can't thank you enough. Is there anything I can do for you?
    Nope! Just enjoy it! :) The Greenhouse really is one of the better venues!
  • Options
    SiricitSiricit Posts: 190 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh my, i just realized that I actually want something that's coming up soon if this rotation will continue.. That's annoying, since i really want a new one ._.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Off topic, but does anyone know why my signature is not appearing?

No, but you will likely need to tell more about your signature before anyone can help you, like if it is a picture or just text, etc. I don't have one myself yet, but it is because I've been too lazy to bother...lol
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited May 2013
    Boo*ty heel teen sold out 2 mins early
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I wish everything would sell out early and a new list would start. I am so tired of this one! :shock: lol

I am gearing up to watch the live broadcast about DV in a few minutes. I am definitely interested in that world! :mrgreen: I cannot ask questions cause I don't tweet, but I will enjoy kicking back and watching! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No matter what I type in my signature, nothing shows up on my posts. I'm not trying any images or anything. Even just simple "test" does not appear. I used to have one - one of those MissingStudios images that no longer work, and that appeared just fine. Deleted that when they were no longer available, now I just want some simple text. Dunno what I'm missing.

Wow ok, nevermind. Apparently you have to check "Append Signature" on every post. That's so dumb!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep, I see it now! :mrgreen: But when I click your link, it takes me to someone else's simpage and not your street market.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Fixed! In all my cutting a pasting I cut off the last two numbers of the page id - whoops!!! Haha! Now if I could just figure out how to change font size and color. I used to know all this stuff... or maybe it was just easier in the original sims forums.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Fixed! In all my cutting a pasting I cut off the last two numbers of the page id - whoops!!! Haha! Now if I could just figure out how to change font size and color. I used to know all this stuff... or maybe it was just easier in the original sims forums.

Cool! Very nice redesign, by the way! I rec'd it and will likely download it too. Also commented on your page in case you missed it. :wink:

*sigh* Am content to be back inside this thread where all is happy, content, and quietly calm. :P
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited May 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:

*sigh* Am content to be back inside this thread where all is happy, content, and quietly calm. :P

I think it is too calm here! We need a new rotation!!

WE WANT A NEW ROTATION!!!! GIVE US A NEW ROTATION!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    WznfzGr.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top