Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OLD DD (Daily Deal) Rotation: Start 13 April - End 14 June

Comments

• Options
    wagsgirl1977wagsgirl1977 Posts: 65 Member
    edited May 2013
    Finally got the Greenhouse....sold out in a minute or so!
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,009 Member
    edited May 2013
    Now it is time to chant to the store team, "New list, new list. We want different items!"
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    dmontgo12dmontgo12 Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    Is this unusual for them to be doing a second rotation?
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is actually the third rotation. It's not unusual; this list was just unusually long.

I'll let you know if the Greenhouse is worth it once I get a chance to play with it! I mostly wanted the station and the roof pieces (which you can't get separately). Venue is pretty but wasn't willing to spend almost $20 on it.
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited May 2013
    I feel like I won the lottery.
    Finally got the greenhouse :D Yaaah!
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Dicey10057Dicey10057 Posts: 71 Member
    edited May 2013
    [/quote]Me1620 said: Now it is time to chant to the store team, "New list, new list. We want different items!"

I'm with you on that chant, Me!
  • Options
    PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    I want to express my enormous gratitude to this thread so I could stay up (it's 03:35 am local time). I've been waiting for some sort of sale on the Greenhouse a LONG time now! So glad I made it in time :D Will happily drift off to a book and bed now before a day off work just playing and looking forward to the DV-chat! :mrgreen:
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I missed it again. :cry: My phone's internet browser was uncooperative and made me miss it completely. By the time I got to my laptop it was all over.

I feel your pain. I've been out of simpoints before and by the time I get more deals are over. I never trust my ipod or anything anymore, if I'm serious about something I have my computer nearby. I hope you're able to do that in the future- don't trust the phone!! If it cheers you up, there's a really good chance that Memorial Day sales will rock, and a really good chance the greenhouse will be up during them - probably for cheaper than this DD rotation!!! Cuz that's the way EA rolls... I've seen holiday sales with major sets at 70% off or more. Best of luck! I missed the greenhouse about 4 times on different sales and can't believe I clicked fast enough this time! Now for the chicken coop and movie screen, which I'd rather have separately... lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Now for the chicken coop and movie screen, which I'd rather have separately... lol.
    Check buy mode in the game. I bought the chicken coop the day the set came out.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I keep forgetting to look there. I click shop mode in game but didn't know until recently that it's different than buy mode! I heard something about those being available in game separately. I'll check it out, because I don't really care for the rest of the set.
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's repeating again??

Bummer. :(
  • Options
    TinaG1947TinaG1947 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited May 2013
    I missed it again. :cry: My phone's internet browser was uncooperative and made me miss it completely. By the time I got to my laptop it was all over. For those of you who do have it is it really worth getting? I'm considering just buying it next week when dragon valley comes out but I'm no longer sure I want the greenhouse or just the quick grow station.

The Greenhouse is an awesome venue and totally worth having as a community lot! I was lucky enough to grab it the first time this list began its rotation, but at the cost of losing MANY hours of sleep watching nearly every deal as it passed by! :shock: I did not want to pay full price for it, so I feel it was worth all the lost sleep waiting for this deal. I don't know about the home lot aspects of it though because people have complaints of not being able to plant directly in the ground without getting the 'unfinished room' moodlet, etc.

I don't know about the PC involved, but you can buy the roof pieces and windows from the in game store. Hopefully they will put it on sale again soon or something.

My condolences to all who missed it again. :( *hugs* But I am SO READY for a NEW DD list already! This one is too long to repeat a third time...ack!

I am hoping a new list will start by Friday because, if you do the math, you will see that this list began on a Friday and the first rotation also started on a Friday. Since this is Memorial Day weekend in the US, maybe that means we are due for a new list as well as some other awesome sales. We can only hope! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    PakaJynxPakaJynx Posts: 285 Member
    edited May 2013
    I . . . didn't wake up in time. :(
    Oh, well. Back to waiting. And bed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I keep forgetting to look there. I click shop mode in game but didn't know until recently that it's different than buy mode! I heard something about those being available in game separately. I'll check it out, because I don't really care for the rest of the set.
    Look for the chicken coop in any of these places
      Sort by Room->Study->Hobbies and Skills
      Sort by Room->Kids’ Room->Pet Essentials
      Sort by Room->Outdoors->Outdoor Activities
      Sort by Function->Entertainment->Hobbies & Skills
      Sort by Function->Entertainment->Miscellaneous Entertainment
      Sort by Function->Pet Essentials->Miscellaneous
    Since I own it, I don't know if it is still being offered.

I just found Large as Life Movie Screen and it is 300 sp. You can find it
      Sort by Room->Living Room->TVs
      Sort by Function->Electronics->TVs

• Options
    edited May 2013
    You are awesome! Thank you!!!
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited May 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    The Greenhouse is an awesome venue and totally worth having as a community lot! I was lucky enough to grab it the first time this list began its rotation, but at the cost of losing MANY hours of sleep watching nearly every deal as it passed by! :shock: I did not want to pay full price for it, so I feel it was worth all the lost sleep waiting for this deal. I don't know about the home lot aspects of it though because people have complaints of not being able to plant directly in the ground without getting the 'unfinished room' moodlet, etc.

My condolences to all who missed it again. :( *hugs* But I am SO READY for a NEW DD list already! This one is too long to repeat a third time...ack!

I am hoping a new list will start by Friday because, if you do the math, you will that this list began on a Friday and the first rotation also started on a Friday. Since this is Memorial Day weekend in the US, maybe that means we are due for a new list as well as some other awesome sales. We can only hope! :mrgreen:

Man, I missed all the excitement! I was driving home from work, hoping I'd get here in time to see how fast it went. Oh well, it's fun to read all the posts!

I am extremely happy for everyone who was able to grab the Greenhouse this time around and extremely unhappy for all those who missed it and that it's ANOTHER rotation! :( Tina, I am with you, I hope Memorial Day is what they are waiting for!

::chants "new list, new list" with everyone:: :lol:
  • Options
    Dicey10057Dicey10057 Posts: 71 Member
    edited May 2013
    I was wondering where you were, Meg!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Dicey10057 wrote:
    I was wondering where you were, Meg!

::whiny voice:: I was at WORK! Who came up with this must-have-a-job-to-pay-bills-thing anyway!

Thanks for missing me! Now if we could only find necle... :wink:
  • Options
    TinaG1947TinaG1947 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited May 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    TinaG1947 wrote:

I am hoping a new list will start by Friday because, if you do the math, you will see that this list began on a Friday and the first rotation also started on a Friday. Since this is Memorial Day weekend in the US, maybe that means we are due for a new list as well as some other awesome sales. We can only hope! :mrgreen:

Man, I missed all the excitement! I was driving home from work, hoping I'd get here in time to see how fast it went. Oh well, it's fun to read all the posts!

I am extremely happy for everyone who was able to grab the Greenhouse this time around and extremely unhappy for all those who missed it and that it's ANOTHER rotation! :( Tina, I am with you, I hope Memorial Day is what they are waiting for!

::chants "new list, new list" with everyone:: :lol:

*chants with Meg* :lol:

Well, I was watching the previous list, which was way shorter than this one, but I didn't start watching until it had started its second round. I missed the Greenhouse on that one (and now I'm glad I did because it was more at 1300 SimPoints). Then the list started a third time, but was being strange and skipping things, etc. Before it made it through to the end, a set (I forget which one, but the old list can be referenced) popped up with a 6 hour time limit, but was only up for a few seconds or a minute or two before the Greenhouse popped up for 950 SimPoints and that was the beginning of THIS list.

Of course then, no one was expecting it, so it was up about ten minutes before being sold out...lol. I had gone away for just a few minutes and missed that transition, so I know how all who missed it...again...feel. :cry: I really do hope some good deals are in store for us all over the weekend!

*goes back into the chant* New list! New list! New... :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh No. It is number 3. Rotation continues.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    Before it made it through to the end, a set (I forget which one, but the old list can be referenced) popped up with a 6 hour time limit, but was only up for a few seconds or a minute or two before the Greenhouse popped up for 950 SimPoints and that was the beginning of THIS list.

The horrible, deceiving, EVIL Outdoor Tiki Set that made me miss the Greenhouse that first time, loose all that sleep, and become a crazy, DD obsessed person... ::grumbles::

BUT it also caused me to find this thread so everything turned out well in the end! :mrgreen:

Edit: I am, however, going to need Daily Deals Anonymous eventually...

"Hi, my name is Meg and I have an addiction." :roll:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hi Agstah. I am glad you found the DD spreadsheet helpful. Please see the post I put on your My Page wall.

• Options
    Mayve_LaSalleMayve_LaSalle Posts: 37 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank you all for the advice and a special thank you to Me1620 for the spreadsheet and the extra special thing she did for me today. You are truly an angel. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @Mayve_LaSalle I felt your disappointment when I read your post. It takes a DD stalker to understand another.

• Options
    Mayve_LaSalleMayve_LaSalle Posts: 37 New Member
    edited May 2013
    lol. This is my first rotation that I actually stalked the DD. What a ride!
    I was frustrated with my phone enough to throw it against the wall, but I didn't. Thanks again me1620.

Is it normal for a DD list this long to rotate all the way through for the third time?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top