Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OLD DD (Daily Deal) Rotation: Start 13 April - End 14 June

Comments

• Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited May 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    Well, you know how you can make things different colors, etc with the color wheel? Maybe you can pick different patterns from the list in game and replace the ones you don't like with them. I haven't gone in CAS to see if that is possible yet.

Oh yeah, no unfortunately you can't do that. You can change colors/patterns of the material underneath the candy design but the design is stuck on top. I'm going to Google this real quick and see if anybody else smarter than me managed to figure it out. There are some very resourceful people in this community who, if it can be done, they have usually already done it! :D
  • Options
    TinaG1947TinaG1947 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited May 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    Well, you know how you can make things different colors, etc with the color wheel? Maybe you can pick different patterns from the list in game and replace the ones you don't like with them. I haven't gone in CAS to see if that is possible yet.

Oh yeah, no unfortunately you can't do that. You can change colors/patterns of the material underneath the candy design but the design is stuck on top. I'm going to Google this real quick and see if anybody else smarter than me managed to figure it out. There are some very resourceful people in this community who, if it can be done, they have usually already done it! :D

Ah, well that bites! :lol: There are most certainly some talented modders out there who, I am sure, are able to recolor that stuff, but of course it would then have to be put back into the game as CC, I would imagine. Bummer they 'force' the average simmer into not being able to use different patterns, but I guess they figure if you don't want the 'sweet treats' you wouldn't buy it anyway.

They don't know me very well because I like to do my best to 'complete' my collections! :-o :lol: Good luck, Meg! I am going to go stretch out now and most likely miss the item I was gunning for in the process. :wink:
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,009 Member
    edited May 2013
    Google tutorials for meshing. Not sure if the forum rules allow me to name the site but it has been around for a long time.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I am with you on completing my collection. Eventually I will have everything, I just wish it could all be used in any theme. Thanks for the input Tina, have a good night!

Meshing huh? I will look into that Me, I wasn't sure what to look for. Thank you! 8)

Edit: Okay so I looked into the mesh tutorials and... it is WWWAAAYYY over my head! I guess I'll just stick with what I have. LOL!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have watched some tutorials on more advanced building and creating but never had the patience to follow up with trying it on my own.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited May 2013
    *Waiting for the 2nd repeat..
    It's tomorrow morning for me :)
  • Options
    PakaJynxPakaJynx Posts: 285 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ohhh, I hope some things sell out early. I really don't want to have to be up at 3am to catch the Greenhouse (if it gets there again). The hubby thinks I'm crazy enough as it is. Midnight would be better. *nodnodnod*
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So Tina... are you awake still or did you manage to wake up to grab the pants? :D

I got involved in playing the game... :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    So Tina... are you awake still or did you manage to wake up to grab the pants? :D
    Hu
    I got involved in playing the game... :wink:

LOL, you did figure out I wanted! Alas, I did not wake to grab those pants. I missed it by about 1.5 hours.

Now here I sit sipping my coffee, head hung down in sorrow and shame. *sniff* hehe ;)
  • Options
    Dicey10057Dicey10057 Posts: 71 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello fellow stalkers - today's the big day. Hopefully it'll go at least as far as the GH, but if not, then hopefully that will be one of the Memorial Day sale items.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh my gosh! A wonderful simmer to whom I have never spoken or met, gifted me those pants! :mrgreen: Now I can stop crying (lol) in my coffee and hold my head up high again. :lol:

It is so funny how such a small, but thoughtful gesture, can make someone's day. Thanks so much, ObviouSecret, for making me smile this morning! *big hug*
    Dicey10057 wrote:
    Hello fellow stalkers - today's the big day. Hopefully it'll go at least as far as the GH, but if not, then hopefully that will be one of the Memorial Day sale items.

Hello Dicey! I hope this rotatation gets back around to the Greenhouse and all who missed before get it this time and that there are MANY awesome sales and DD items this weekend! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Dicey10057Dicey10057 Posts: 71 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, yes, yes!!! to what Tina says and hugs to you Tina. You're a mainstay of this thread :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just a heads up to those of you waiting for the next big venue to come up on the rotation. I am not able to update the spreadsheet too often today. So, please watch the DD page to see the actual time of the deals. You never know what the store team has planned.

Right now deals are changing at 25 after the hour.

• Options
    ObviouSecretObviouSecret Posts: 233 Member
    edited May 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    Oh my gosh! A wonderful simmer to whom I have never spoken or met, gifted me those pants! :mrgreen: Now I can stop crying (lol) in my coffee and hold my head up high again. :lol:

It is so funny how such a small, but thoughtful gesture, can make someone's day. Thanks so much, ObviouSecret, for making me smile this morning! *big hug*

When stalkers come out of hiding... er... Lurkers. When lurkers come out of hiding! lol

I'm glad it made you smile! And thank you very much for my own gift! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    Hello Dicey! I hope this rotatation gets back around to the Greenhouse and all who missed before get it this time and that there are MANY awesome sales and DD items this weekend! :mrgreen:
    If the Greenhouse sells as fast as it did when it came up at the beginning of this round, it will sell out in about a minute. Rather than having a limited number that sell out so fast, I think it would be nice if the item was offered for 5 minutes with no limit. Then, at that point, the limited number could come into effect. This would allow for simmers watching at the turn of the deal who have slow internet connections or slower browser refresh rates to have an opportunity to get that deal.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:

Awww yay!! Glad you got it Tina! And thanks ObviouSecret, you are an awesome person for helping Tina! Great way to start someone's day off.

TinaG1947 wrote:
    Dicey10057 wrote:

I'll second. I have to be at work until 9PM tonight and then back at work at 6AM so I'll have just enough time to watch what happens with the end of this repeat before I have to head straight to sleep! :wink:

For Memorial Day, I hope they puts everyone's WL on sale! :mrgreen: :shock: :D

• Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope a new rotation starts up today! I love being surprised by each deal. I also love that they were so short. More deals per day!
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited May 2013
    luvalphvle wrote:
    I hope a new rotation starts up today! I love being surprised by each deal. I also love that they were so short. More deals per day!

yes I agree. after the Greenhouse appears I hope it goes straight into a new list. I want to spend my points!!
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:

When stalkers come out of hiding... er... Lurkers. When lurkers come out of hiding! lol

I'm glad it made you smile! And thank you very much for my own gift! :mrgreen:

Haha... made you come out! :mrgreen: It is great to see you and you are very welcome!

Awww Dicey, what a sweet thing to say. :oops: Thank you! *hugs*

Awesome idea, Me! I do wish they'd leave it up long enough for more people to get it this time. A big thanks goes out to you for the spreadsheet and helping everyone keep track of the deals. It is a very kind and selfless thing to do and we all are very grateful! :-)

Also agree with the idea of a new list starting after that because I am wanting to spend my SimPoints too! *pouts and stomps foot* :lol:

Oh what the heck? *big group hugs all around* :lol:
  • Options
    PakaJynxPakaJynx Posts: 285 Member
    edited May 2013
    Me1620 wrote:
    If the Greenhouse sells as fast as it did when it came up at the beginning of this round, it will sell out in about a minute.
    Oh, for the love of pants, no. A minute? That's even worse than the market going in two. I don't know if I can be that fast while sleepy (assuming my internet is fast enough). Maybe I shouldn't bother, but I really want that stupid greenhouse!
    Rather than having a limited number that sell out so fast, I think it would be nice if the item was offered for 5 minutes with no limit. Then, at that point, the limited number could come into effect. This would allow for simmers watching at the turn of the deal who have slow internet connections or slower browser refresh rates to have an opportunity to get that deal.
    This, this, a thousand times this.
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if the silly bunny toothbrush holder will appear, and again for 2 hours... I kind of hope they skip it. :lol:
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    melissam311554melissam311554 Posts: 824 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm kinda hoping the two hours for the rabbit toothbrush was an error and they'll rectify it to be one hour for this rotation -- I'm getting so paranoid about missing the greenhouse that I'm wondering if I should risk sleep deprevation, but then what'll happen if it doesn't appear...
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, two hours seems like a lot. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OMG IT'S NOT SKIPPED!!! ARG THE BUNNY!!! (actually it's kinda cute but really... strangest DD ever.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey luvalphvle - your sig works, I'm looking at your houses :). Love! Do you use any CC (I mean other than EA stuff).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top