Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OLD DD (Daily Deal) Rotation: Start 13 April - End 14 June

Comments

• Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank goodness I checked this morning! The set I've been waiting for was supposed to come up in 3 hours. Instead it's coming up in 15 minutes!! :shock:
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,009 Member
    edited May 2013
    Blythelyre wrote:
    Thank goodness I checked this morning! The set I've been waiting for was supposed to come up in 3 hours. Instead it's coming up in 15 minutes!! :shock:
    I am glad you were able to get your deal.

The spreadsheet can be helpful but must be used with caution and by checking this thread and the Daily Deal page. Over the last several hours a deal was skipped, which was expected, and some deals ran for less time due to selling out or, in one case, the timer glitching.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited May 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    Thought I'd share a milestone I just hit today! First time getting this with any of my families:
    nv8oc1.png

Though my sims have been married longer than a year (not sure if I can change that somehow) and have teenagers, this is the first time I've seen an anniversary message. I'm going to throw a party for them and say it's like their sixteenth wedding anniversary or something. Here's to the next 50! :wink:

First: so funny, I married Ella and Sebastian in HS too! I suppose who didn't? Lol.
    Second: My understanding is that if your sims were married before Seasons was installed you don't get the anniversary messages. They may have patched it, so maybe they are now popping up but with the wrong number of years? I haven't recently played a couple that was married before Seasons. Also, for my newer couples, I have gotten the message every "year" - but after the first year I think it just said "It's X and Xs anniversary! Hard to believe another year has passed. X and X should celebrate!" Or something like that. Haven't gotten to 7 or 10 yet, maybe it specifies then.
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    TinaG1947TinaG1947 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited May 2013
    That timer difference in different browsers is so strange! Hmmm, I wonder if that is what causes some simmers to miss out on certain deals that sell out very quickly, even though they are sitting there watching it tick down? :?

Wow Meg, any time you can get a SP or set, etc for two dollars is a good day! Congrats on that. :mrgreen:

@Blythelyre... I am happy you checked in here in time to grab the deal you wanted. :-)

As for me, there is one thing I somehow missed the first time, a single item that doesn't belong to a set, that I hope to grab this time around. I don't know why I didn't notice it before. Then I am REALLY hoping the Greenhouse comes around one more time for those who missed it and then we get some 'shiny new' items from which to choose! :P :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    Hey, do those sunflowers really scare away zombies or something? I cannot STAND those stupid zombies and I thought there was a way of turning them off like the rest of the supernatural creatures (which I really don't mind too much), but I saw options for all except the stupid zombies. :roll: Of course I guess never allowing the moon to become full would do the trick, but I really don't want to do that.

I set my moon to never full (I hate the green cast anyway) but I still got a zombie once. Only once so far, so it definitely helps. He may have been zombified another way too, some alchemist or witch in my world I don't know about. I have to play with full moon when I play my fairy family though :(.

My sims all have the moodlet manager device (lifetime happiness reward)and I have them "cure" the zombies. Or, you can "resetsim" - it gets them off your lot (probably changes them back too but since they're not on my lot anymore I don't know lol!).

"testingcheatsenabled true" and then shift+click on the mailbox, choose "Supernatural Population Control" and remove zombies: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/576033.page. I've done this and it doesn't seem to be permanent but it might help. I think "resetsim" is your fastest bet if you don't want to take precious time from your sims and don't want to use mods.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just so you all know, I bet they'll have crazy deals for Memorial Day. So even if the Greenhouse comes back around, I'll probably get it and then it will be even cheaper this weekend. :roll: Lol! Ah well. Maybe some of the other sets on my wishlist or *gasp!* venues or worlds will have great deals. Greenhouse currently coming at 9 EST tomorrow - hope my baby is asleep by then!!
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited May 2013
    Just so you all know, I bet they'll have crazy deals for Memorial Day.

Greenhouse currently coming at 9 EST tomorrow - hope my baby is asleep by then!!
    Wow, yep, only a day and a half away from completing this rotation! :shock:

Never thought it would go all the way through ... well, if you don't count the skipped deals! :lol:

If EA do have a Memorial day sale I hope they don't exclude the rest of the world like they have with the free sponsored simpoints promo (yes, I am still annoyed by that!)

• Options
    melissam311554melissam311554 Posts: 824 Member
    edited May 2013
    Someone's said last Friday's deals may have accidentally been the Memorial Day deals, just leaked early (which might explain some things) -- were there Memorial Day deals last year, does anyone know?

I'd hope that the sale is worldwide as there's nothing stopping other countries buying things, just because it's a US holiday. It is a bank holiday in the UK that day so I'd have the day off to play with new things if they did have a sale *hint hint :P*
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    Hey, do those sunflowers really scare away zombies or something? I cannot STAND those stupid zombies and I thought there was a way of turning them off like the rest of the supernatural creatures (which I really don't mind too much), but I saw options for all except the stupid zombies. :roll: Of course I guess never allowing the moon to become full would do the trick, but I really don't want to do that.

I set my moon to never full (I hate the green cast anyway) but I still got a zombie once. Only once so far, so it definitely helps. He may have been zombified another way too, some alchemist or witch in my world I don't know about. I have to play with full moon when I play my fairy family though :(.

My sims all have the moodlet manager device (lifetime happiness reward)and I have them "cure" the zombies. Or, you can "resetsim" - it gets them off your lot (probably changes them back too but since they're not on my lot anymore I don't know lol!).

"testingcheatsenabled true" and then shift+click on the mailbox, choose "Supernatural Population Control" and remove zombies: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/576033.page. I've done this and it doesn't seem to be permanent but it might help. I think "resetsim" is your fastest bet if you don't want to take precious time from your sims and don't want to use mods.

Hey, thanks for the info and suggestions! :mrgreen: I will most definitely give one or all of them a try the next time a full moon rolls around. I really hate the idea of turning off that feature completely just to avoid zombies. One really stupid thing I have seen is the 'zombie attack'. All they do is make scary noises, etc, which didn't seem to bother my sim at all...lol.

I don't mind them so much if I don't have a garden on my lot, but it is so stupid to me why they feel the need to start destroying my plants. :roll: The only interaction I have seen on them is 'Ask to Pose', which also seems silly to me and makes me feel zombies are pretty pointless in the scheme of things.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'd hope that the sale is worldwide as there's nothing stopping other countries buying things, just because it's a US holiday. It is a bank holiday in the UK that day so I'd have the day off to play with new things if they did have a sale *hint hint :P*
    To be honest, I think most, if not all, of the major Store and Origin sales have been pretty much world-wide although they often change the name of the promotion and sometimes the range of items on sale.

So I expect the next 'super sale' - whatever they call it - will also be global. :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I hope they have a world-wide 'super sale' as well as start a brand new DD list with LOTS of awesome suprises on it! :mrgreen: It would also be cool if they'd put some things (at least as a one-time event) on the list which haven't been released for individual sale as of yet. *hint,hint* :wink:

If they don't do that, the least they could do is have some super sales on some of the worlds which contain items that are not available for individual sale yet. I know it would send me over the moon, as well as quite a number of other simmers! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited May 2013
    ajaxpost wrote:
    Just so you all know, I bet they'll have crazy deals for Memorial Day.

Greenhouse currently coming at 9 EST tomorrow - hope my baby is asleep by then!!
    Wow, yep, only a day and a half away from completing this rotation! :shock:

Never thought it would go all the way through ... well, if you don't count the skipped deals! :lol:

If EA do have a Memorial day sale I hope they don't exclude the rest of the world like they have with the free sponsored simpoints promo (yes, I am still annoyed by that!)

Since you are annoyed I shall try not to mention it anymore (or take screenshots that show it, sorry!). I do hope they do some super sales this weekend for Memorial Day, it'll give me an excuse (as if I need one?) to buy more SPs! :wink:

I am also curious if anyone remembers what they did last year? And also would the sales be all weekend or just on Memorial Day? I'm going to Disney for 24 hours on Friday and I work a double on Sunday so I'm hoping they either run all weekend or just on Monday... :mrgreen:

::chants name of world I've been wanting forever (but not gonna say it so I don't jinx it!!)::
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    LOL@Meg! *chants my world/content in silence with Meg* :lol:

I sent ajaxpost a small token from his WL once when he said the 'unmentionable' thing annoyed him. Hopefully, at least, it made him smile just a little. :wink::lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    I sent ajaxpost a small token from his WL once when he said the 'unmentionable' thing annoyed him. Hopefully, at least, it made him smile just a little. :wink::lol:
    Indeed you did, it was a lovely gesture and I hope you saw my thank you on your wall - if not, thank you it did indeed brighten my day :-)
    Meg1626 wrote:
    Since you are annoyed I shall try not to mention it anymore (or take screenshots that show it, sorry!).
    No, no, don't worry about it at all! I don't begrudge anyone taking advantage of a good offer - especially if you have to sit through adverts for McDonalds!! :roll:

It's EA, once again, failing to understand both how the Internet works and how to reward their loyal customers that aggravates me ... and I am easily aggravated! :lol:

• Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited May 2013
    ooooo i hope there is a huge sale and it includes the al fresco market, i'm off work friday as well so hopefully it starts then!
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    melissam311554melissam311554 Posts: 824 Member
    edited May 2013
    Garland sold out with about 9 minutes left, deals starting at 58 minutes past the hour.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ajaxpost wrote:
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    Indeed you did, it was a lovely gesture and I hope you saw my thank you on your wall - if not, thank you it did indeed brighten my day :-)

Actually I missed it somehow because I don't visit my page often enough, I think. :oops: It most likely got buried by all the other posts/memories, etc that are always showing on my page from everyone when I do finally see my page...lol!

I am glad to know I brightened your day a bit! :mrgreen: Now I think I am having double vision or something. :shock:

When I went to go view my purchase history a bit ago, EVERYTHING in there was showing TWICE! :-o :lol: At least one thing was showing four times in a row. It makes me wonder WTH they are doing to this site lately? I think they are paying less attention to running this place properly while they are working on the new world, EP, The Sims 4, etc these days. :roll:

That being said, I am still hoping for a massive, awesome sale/DD selection over the weekend! *hoping, praying, and chanting* :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    Actually I missed it somehow because I don't visit my page often enough, I think. :oops: It most likely got buried by all the other posts/memories, etc
    I know, I'm the same, it really isn't a "goto" kind of page is it - especially when there's always something more exciting/interesting going on here! :D
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    When I went to go view my purchase history a bit ago, EVERYTHING in there was showing TWICE! :-o :lol: At least one thing was showing four times in a row. It makes me wonder WTH they are doing to this site lately? I think they are paying less attention to running this place properly while they are working on the new world, EP, The Sims 4, etc these days. :roll:

That being said, I am still hoping for a massive, awesome sale/DD selection over the weekend! *hoping, praying, and chanting* :lol:
    I think the multiple entries in the purchase history might be more a browser than a Store issue. When I purchased the Market I suddenly found everything multiplied in my history. I logged out, closed and restarted my browser (Firefox) and it all went back to normal :-)

It's a bank holiday week-end coming up here in the UK too so this would seem an ideal time for a super sale, oh yes! :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The rather pretty Formally Yours Party Dress deal #430 sold out quickly so deals now start at about 25 minutes past the hour :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yay! I am hoping a few more things sell out early too because I want a single item I missed before, but it isn't worth waking up in the middle of the night or way early in the morning just to save 25 cents. :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Aggghhhh... still trying to decide how to go about getting the thing I want. Things are selling just quick enough to make the time for my thing even worse for me. :roll:

I just have the bestest of luck! :lol:

Ah yeah, thanks for the info, ajaxpost! I logged out and then logged in again and now I am not seeing double anymore. :wink::lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    Aggghhhh... still trying to decide how to go about getting the thing I want. Things are selling just quick enough to make the time for my thing even worse for me. :roll:

Pretty sure I know which item you want and I wouldn't mind grabbing it either, but I don't really want to wake up at 3AM to get it :(

Since Thursday may start a new rotation and I'll be losing sleep again I may just skip it.

I don't suppose anyone knows how to redo sim clothes do they? I wouldn't mind having most of the Katy Perry stuff without candy all over it. :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    TinaG1947 wrote:

Pretty sure I know which item you want and I wouldn't mind grabbing it either, but I don't really want to wake up at 3AM to get it :(

Since Thursday may start a new rotation and I'll be losing sleep again I may just skip it.

I don't suppose anyone knows how to redo sim clothes do they? I wouldn't mind having most of the Katy Perry stuff without candy all over it. :roll: :lol:

LOL.. I bought that SP too, but haven't really had a good look at it yet. Can the patterns not be replaced with different ones?

Also know what you mean about the sleep. I need to grab all of that I can right now! :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    LOL.. I bought that SP too, but haven't really had a good look at it yet. Can the patterns not be replaced with different ones?

No idea I've never looked into that part of the sims so I wouldn't even know where to start unless you do it in S3PE. I can open up my computer, replace memory, hard drives, etc., but I don't know the mechanics of code. :shock:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    TinaG1947 wrote:

No idea I've never looked into that part of the sims so I wouldn't even know where to start unless you do it in S3PE. I can open up my computer, replace memory, hard drives, etc., but I don't know the mechanics of code. :shock:

Well, you know how you can make things different colors, etc with the color wheel? Maybe you can pick different patterns from the list in game and replace the ones you don't like with them. I haven't gone in CAS to see if that is possible yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top