Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

a crusade to stop the strays, a kind request to the simgurus who create updates for our games

Comments

• Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited April 2013
    I sign this!
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited April 2013
    Signed! For me the more player choice in how to use the games we paid for the better.

I'm still bitter that I have to SimPort in order to get some of the Showtime content I PAID to own! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • Options
    matashjmamatashjma Posts: 41 Member
    edited April 2013
    A bump for a button. To quote ZooProfessor3 "For me the more player choice in how to use the games we paid for the better.". All about choices.The more we have the more we can enjoy the game.
  • Options
    oiswiseoiswise Posts: 482 Member
    edited April 2013
    As an animal lover I wholeheartedly support your petition. I offer this solution so you can share it with others. Hit 'shift+ctrl c', type 'cheatsenabled true', right click on the animal, select 'edit sim in creat a sim', give the animal a 1st and last name, click ok. Go back to the game, hit shift+ctrl c, in the blue line type 'resetsim firstname lastname' hit enter. This should reset the animal somewhere else in your world. Not the best solution, but it will leave them free.

GENIUS
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Signed! For me the more player choice in how to use the games we paid for the better.

I'm still bitter that I have to SimPort in order to get some of the Showtime content I PAID to own! :mrgreen:

IKR? LOL don't get me started on the simporting!

Choices are good! I love being able to customize to how I want to play.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2013
    oiswise wrote:

I'm sorry, I'm completely off topic but oiswise, I like you avvi! And there is a Mod to unlock the showtime simport rewards. I was annoyed by that too as I really wanted the items but logging in while playing would often crash my game, making simport unusable. The mod is over at Mod the Sims if you want to search for it. :D
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited April 2013
    I totally agree with you. There should be a button to turn the strays off, they get annoying and sometimes create bugs.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    oiswise wrote:

I'm sorry, I'm completely off topic but oiswise, I like you avvi! And there is a Mod to unlock the showtime simport rewards. I was annoyed by that too as I really wanted the items but logging in while playing would often crash my game, making simport unusable. The mod is over at Mod the Sims if you want to search for it. :D

8) Thanks I'll go more in depth on your page.

If you want strays to become an OPTION versus a given, don't forget to sign.

Hugs to any and all who want or need one. O
  • Options
    edited April 2013

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    guanahanii83guanahanii83 Posts: 352 Member
    edited April 2013
    I agree. Add me to this, although I'd like to suggest a slight change. How about sliders instead of a button? I'd like sliders to determine how many strays, wild horses, unicorns, zombies, etc. there are for each game save (none, rare, uncommon, common....or something to that affect)...oh, and one for dating requests too. I had all of my sims delete their dating profiles, but they still get endless calls/letters/gifts. My sim even had her marriage end in one of my games because her brother got jealous and enraged when she kissed her husband, and she had a cheater reputation and everything. It basically ruined that game for me. Stalker neighbors who can't take a hint are one thing, but siblings dating each other...that one got to me. Strays are okay too, but there seem to be so many of them, and they can create lag, make messes, etc. and there's no way to adopt them all and put them up for adoption because they just keep spawning. So it'd be nice to be able to determine how many strays spawn per game...but for all the many strays and wild horses that do spawn, I have yet to find a single unicorn. Zombies can be fun too, especially when you catch them singing karaoke or doing other random normal undead things...but for some games/stories, they really get in the way and can get quite out of hand. So, yeah, more options for what is and isn't in our games (per save file) would be great.
  • Options
    guanahanii83guanahanii83 Posts: 352 Member
    edited April 2013
    Wow, come on, guys. I've been reading the posts here, and this is getting way out of hand. What does it matter if they get upset about the strays? My kids get upset over them too. Heck, when I'm playing Minecraft, I have to make sure they're not in the room when I have to kill the animals/villagers, or they'll start crying. I have an affinity for animals too, although the pixel animals don't upset me (much) (anymore). *shifts eyes side to side* I mean, I admit that it kind of tugs at my heart whenever I adopt a wild horse, and his/her mood is way down because he misses his mom, but how can you not melt at the look on their faces in their icon? (Btw I do see animals all the time that when I adopt them, they are hungry/tired or some other need is not met, and they have low moods from being strays or missing their mama or something like that, and there are sims...including kids...that pass out from exhaustion or are starving, so she is not "lying" about that. How annoying is it when you're trying to complete an opportunity, and the person is passed out and unresponsive, and your spaghetti is about to spoil?) My reason for wanting an option, though, is because they can create a lag and tend to get out of control. That does not, however, invalidate anyone else's opinions/feelings. Wanting it because they are saddened by the suffering of the animals does not affect me in any way, nor should it affect anyone else...certainly not to the point of verbally attacking them. Also, I can pretty much attest to grandmothergamer and Vanessa being two different people because they are both on my friends list as well, and I get the popups of their conversations all the time while I'm playing, and they are too quick for it to be one person, switching accounts, not to mention that would be incredibly creepy. lol Anyway, my point is, lighten up. Quit attacking each other over something so silly and focus on the point of this thread...having more options in the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    guanahanii83 Thank you....having more options in the game...I agree.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited April 2013
    Wow, come on, guys. I've been reading the posts here, and this is getting way out of hand. What does it matter if they get upset about the strays? My kids get upset over them too. Heck, when I'm playing Minecraft, I have to make sure they're not in the room when I have to kill the animals/villagers, or they'll start crying. I have an affinity for animals too, although the pixel animals don't upset me (much) (anymore). *shifts eyes side to side* I mean, I admit that it kind of tugs at my heart whenever I adopt a wild horse, and his/her mood is way down because he misses his mom, but how can you not melt at the look on their faces in their icon? (Btw I do see animals all the time that when I adopt them, they are hungry/tired or some other need is not met, and they have low moods from being strays or missing their mama or something like that, and there are sims...including kids...that pass out from exhaustion or are starving, so she is not "lying" about that. How annoying is it when you're trying to complete an opportunity, and the person is passed out and unresponsive, and your spaghetti is about to spoil?) My reason for wanting an option, though, is because they can create a lag and tend to get out of control. That does not, however, invalidate anyone else's opinions/feelings. Wanting it because they are saddened by the suffering of the animals does not affect me in any way, nor should it affect anyone else...certainly not to the point of verbally attacking them. Also, I can pretty much attest to grandmothergamer and Vanessa being two different people because they are both on my friends list as well, and I get the popups of their conversations all the time while I'm playing, and they are too quick for it to be one person, switching accounts, not to mention that would be incredibly creepy. lol Anyway, my point is, lighten up. Quit attacking each other over something so silly and focus on the point of this thread...having more options in the game.

Why is the reason so important? Go take a look at the babies in Sims 3. Those resulted from the devs not only implementing an idea, but the reasoning behind why the idea should be implemented.

It may seem silly that the reasoning behind why to support something is such of a problem... but we've got evidence in Sims 3 that the devs will implement that reasoning, thus making something silly into something dangerous for the players and something that could easily ruin Sims 4.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    a choice for each player to have strays or not. A button would be nice to implement the choice.
  • Options
    VanessaVennerVanessaVenner Posts: 347 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank you to everyone who signed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    :D
  • Options
    oSKRILEXooSKRILEXo Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Add me to the voters roll ^_^
  • Options
    dawnrobdawnrob Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited May 2013
    little bump :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    oSKRILEXo Thank you for your vote.
    Been added to the voters roll.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    :mrgreen: off topic but LOVE your avi Vanessa.

yay choice!

Add you name to the list if you would like strays to be something you can turn off if you so choose.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    matashjma wrote:
    a choice for each player to have strays or not. A button would be nice to implement the choice.

:D Nicely put.

• Options
    edited May 2013

8) Grandmothergamer 8) started her holding post with this:

Good morning darlings!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/667722.page#10597751
    Don't forget the request to turn off strays. Choice is King right?

• Options
    elsievdmelsievdm Posts: 588 Member
    edited May 2013

Bump :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    :mrgreen: Thanx Oiswise. Hugs. And thank you to all for keeping this thread going.