Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

a crusade to stop the strays, a kind request to the simgurus who create updates for our games

A great big thank you to the simguru who not only read this forum post but also moved it to the correct thread(my edit)

1) I am not sure if this is the right place to put my request into.If it needs to be moved...kindly move to the right spot. Thank you.

2) I am doing this on behalf of all the tiny stray animals who do not have a voice in the game. Putting Pets and Seasons together have left quite a few tiny stray animals stuck in the snow...on doorsteps... in fences...and as a result a lag in gameplay and a sad search for the tiny animals that are stuck.And I know of at least two simmers who have uninstalled pets as a result of both the sadness to see tiny animals stuck and hungry and the lag caused in their game. Not fun to play that way anymore. Much to heartsore.

3) Could someone please update to give us a 'button' to turn off strays esp for those who have seasons.The option to turn off strays would be highly appreciated by quite a few simmers I have spoken to.

4) a quote from a friend:

Grandmothergamer

Vanessa has said she will try to make a post in the Forums asking for a button to turn off strays.
I beg that if she does, any friend or anyone with goodwill towards me will please sign the petition?
I can't be the only one who will have more pleasure from Pets if we had the choice not to have the stays in game?
I am sure, that most of you, tried the rescue of all the strays and horses? I sure did only to discover that they spawned endlessly, and all the rescued horses, once you had got them all, were still there anyway.
I miss my wild life and my wild horses running on the beach. I can deal with the stupid glitches that have them getting stuck in houses, on swimming pools, through walls etc.
What I can't deal with is the stray little ones

5) Thank you very kindly for reading.

6) names of people who agree:
VanessaVenner
Grandmothergamer
Dawnrob
Odiedodi
Debbie1003
Matashjma
Chainzz
Allspice 1232
Catitude4
Oiswise
Mcrudd
Jenieusa
TeamCullen
Sharonxyz
SimMommy05
Evil_One
Elsievdm
Queenie08
SelahGio
Zoey95
Mosneakers
Lissykin
SheDemon
Valandis
Bmashland
Thelessy
SrtaRamirez
ArikaB
EuanSim
ZooProfessor3
ShaneyBoy
guanahanii83
oSKRILEXo
xpeachgirlx
BakingNerd
BreeMiles
MeaganJo
rsedorothy
LoreleyLee
Cinderellimouse
priscapup
moefy
Love2cook123
VassiliM
LuvtehGeeks
fancthatqt
TanyaRubirose
doldragirl
Vlaxitov
RubyStar92
Landerlady12
ddutoit
readster43
The_Mad_Princess
Tojax
BreeMiles
Cyberqueen13
Liam-St-John
UncleSamArmy
readreadreadread
TnT_Terry
HollownessDevour
chellexmarie
sharonxxplayer
PrincessLala14
MinDtriKz
Svineprutter
jimmysnan
PsychoChick966
ciane
jcp011c2
JACKIEMALEK2
cassandrastryffe
IndigoJo
SimplySimazing
Jojo777
cassandrastryffe
coreyjeannoahpat
chopin27
CSIMSIE
mrlabean
TadOlson
elanorbreton
duyguugudur
Rflong7
EswenRaedself
tallcoolone
RDUBRUIN
CelestiAliCat
TheFairyBug
Faith05201
NoahPat22
TnT_Terry
mcsnjb
Angel_D0109
missy2311
CSIMSIE
SeriphinaFyie
Jessabeans
alyssaluvscookie
GreenCats
MizoreYukii
Msrednotdead
PuddinsPet
brivenes
Charicharn
AudreyFld
MeaganJo
duyguugudur
alstromeria
LiandaVanZyl
Majestyk
TheCookieKC
bethp62
Faith05201
Idontrcall

Comments

• Options
    dawnrobdawnrob Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited April 2013
    I have signed sweetie , and will post your link on my page *hugs* It makes me sad to see all the strays :(

• Options
    VanessaVennerVanessaVenner Posts: 347 Member
    edited April 2013
    THanks for joining Dawn. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    Debbie1003Debbie1003 Posts: 94 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I Agree
  • Options
    Debbie1003Debbie1003 Posts: 94 New Member
    edited April 2013
    1) I am not sure if this is the right place to put my request into.If it needs to be moved...kindly move to the right spot. Thank you.
    2) I am doing this on behalf of all the tiny stray animals who do not have a voice in the game. Putting Pets and Seasons together have left quite a few tiny stray animals stuck in the snow...on doorsteps... in fences...and as a result a lag in gameplay and a sad search for the tiny animals that are stuck.And I know of at least two simmers who have uninstalled pets as a result of both the sadness to see tiny animals stuck and hungry and the lag caused in their game. Not fun to play that way anymore. Much to heartsore.
    3) Could someone please update to give us a 'button' to turn off strays esp for those who have seasons.The option to turn off strays would be highly appreciated by quite a few simmers I have spoken to.
    4) a quote from a friend:

Grandmothergamer

Vanessa has said she will try to make a post in the Forums asking for a button to turn off strays.
    I beg that if she does, any friend or anyone with goodwill towards me will please sign the petition?
    I can't be the only one who will have more pleasure from Pets if we had the choice not to have the stays in game?
    I am sure, that most of you, tried the rescue of all the strays and horses? I sure did only to discover that they spawned endlessly, and all the rescued horses, once you had got them all, were still there anyway.
    I miss my wild life and my wild horses running on the beach. I can deal with the stupid glitches that have them getting stuck in houses, on swimming pools, through walls etc.
    What I can't deal with is the stray little ones

5) Thank you very kindly for reading.
    6) names of people who agree: VanessaVenner
    Grandmothergamer
    Dawnrob
    Odiedodi
    Debbie1003
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    THanks for joining Debbie1003. Much appreciated and your name is added.
  • Options
    matashjmamatashjma Posts: 41 Member
    edited April 2013
    I agree and sign me up. I shall also put this link on my page .
  • Options
    ChainzzChainzz Posts: 207 Member
    edited April 2013
    I totally agree.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Much appreciated to both matashjma and Chainzz.Your names have been added and we can only hope for the best in this crusade to have more control over the strays in our games
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bump..
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited April 2013
    Yes please, signed. This needs to be added.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    catitude4catitude4 Posts: 102 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I agree. I can't stand animal suffering even if they're pixels.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Just called round with Tea and Cakes *hugs*

3665873045_d471695421.jpg

and a little bump
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited April 2013
    Okay, before I sign, let me say something: Your reasons behind wanting this are completely illogical, and frankly too silly to be taken seriously.

Suffering in this game? Given the amount of depicted human suffering in this game and how it's treated as humor, campaigning to fix problems involving stray animals that EA intentionally made immune to the effects of weather and outright said as much verges almost on a sociopathic disregard for human life, and definitely shows a complete misunderstanding of how the game works.

At the same time, your attempt to pull at heartstrings to get people to sign comes across badly once one remembers the facts of how the game is programmed, even more so that you are sociopathically using sympathy for the suffering of real animals to try to get an option added to a game for animals that are not even exposed to the suffering you're campaigning against in the first place. And, worse, you've fooled several people into thinking your reasons are anything close to legitimate.

Now, I support the addition of a button to remove strays... but not for the reasons you use. I support it because they can be annoying, especially when they can get in the way of a sim you're trying to get in a house before they die due to temperature extremes. And because some people don't want them in-game at all. Not to remove some non-existent suffering from animals that aren't even real in the first place.
  • Options
    Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    edited April 2013
    Okay, before I sign, let me say something: Your reasons behind wanting this are completely illogical, and frankly too silly to be taken seriously.

Suffering in this game? Given the amount of depicted human suffering in this game and how it's treated as humor, campaigning to fix problems involving stray animals that EA intentionally made immune to the effects of weather and outright said as much verges almost on a sociopathic disregard for human life, and definitely shows a complete misunderstanding of how the game works.

At the same time, your attempt to pull at heartstrings to get people to sign comes across badly once one remembers the facts of how the game is programmed, even more so that you are sociopathically using sympathy for the suffering of real animals to try to get an option added to a game for animals that are not even exposed to the suffering you're campaigning against in the first place. And, worse, you've fooled several people into thinking your reasons are anything close to legitimate.

Now, I support the addition of a button to remove strays... but not for the reasons you use. I support it because they can be annoying, especially when they can get in the way of a sim you're trying to get in a house before they die due to temperature extremes. And because some people don't want them in-game at all. Not to remove some non-existent suffering from animals that aren't even real in the first place.

You just said everything I was thinking. <3
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thank you very kindly for your response to this post to both Allspice1232 and Catitude4. If I have done this posting to offend anyone I sincerely apologize.

A quote from my friend Grandmothergamer who is unable to get to the forums and as this post on the forums is on her behalf I would like to share her response with you that she gave me:

As a gamer who makes a point of playing an ethical game, I too abhor the way some players torture their dolls.

As regards the AI dealing with Npc needs, I have seen by playing the game that those needs are not met.

At no time do I become confused between the game and reality, but certainly don't find it pleasant to see Sims desperate for hygiene and hunger needs being met.

I have personally uploaded memories when I had Pets installed of strays trapped, red with hunger and desperate.

I can't count the times I had to enable cheats to click on a lot, demolish a wall, place a bottomless food bowl, in an attempt to sort out the problem.

Yes it is virtual. Yes it is not real.

That does not mean it does not impact on the enjoyment of the game.

As regards humans, I make sure there are community picnic benches on all my Rabbit holes.

Those npc's will congregate there. There is no stopping that.

At least that way, they will eat, and then hopefully go home.

I am sure that many players will attest to the fact that when invited to parties, the host is;

A. Starving

B. desperately tired.

Do you think the AI is really meeting those needs?

The coding of this game is a thing of beauty and wonder. It surprises and delights, but sometimes we do need to give it a little help.

The whole choice of what we want in a particular game would benefit from having a button to turn the strays off.

Choice, is surely all that we are asking for?

Thank you Nessa.

If you could copy the response I would be grateful.

'end of quote'
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thank you very kindly for your response to this post to both Allspice1232 and Catitude4. If I have done this posting to offend anyone I sincerely apologize.

A quote from my friend Grandmothergamer who is unable to get to the forums and as this post on the forums is on her behalf I would like to share her response with you that she gave me:

As a gamer who makes a point of playing an ethical game, I too abhor the way some players torture their dolls.

As regards the AI dealing with Npc needs, I have seen by playing the game that those needs are not met.

At no time do I become confused between the game and reality, but certainly don't find it pleasant to see Sims desperate for hygiene and hunger needs being met.

I have personally uploaded memories when I had Pets installed of strays trapped, red with hunger and desperate.

I can't count the times I had to enable cheats to click on a lot, demolish a wall, place a bottomless food bowl, in an attempt to sort out the problem.

As regards humans, I make sure there are community picnic benches on all my Rabbit holes.

I am sure that many players will attest to the fact that when invited to parties, the host is;

A. Starving

B. desperately tired.

The coding of this game is a thing of beauty and wonder. It surprises and delights, but sometimes we do need to give it a little help.

The whole choice of what we want in a particular game would benefit from having a button to turn the strays off.

Thank you Nessa.

'end of quote'

Here's a piece of advice: Don't try to manipulate a manipulator.

While your post is nice and pretty, one fact remains: Your words are empty and your argument is garbage.

You see, you state a lot of pretty things in that, but never at any point do you address the key issue: You specifically mentioned winter in your OP, and you never addressed the issue of the fact I called you out on your logic in using as being completely wrong. Instead, you sit there and state even prettier things and make up crap about strays being trapped; to be blunt, even when they glitch through the walls, they can still leave by the front door unless you locked it or specifically set up a room with no entrances. And the starving bit is a complete lie; they get the same treatment as toddlers in the game, in that the game won't actually allow them to starve to death, but will instead take steps to make certain it never happens.

As for the AI: Nice attempt to distract from being called out, but it won't work. See, you never brought up the AI in the first post, and that wasn't part of your campaign. That tells me that you're grasping at it in hopes people don't notice.

Finally, I'm going to have to say that unless you can provide some proof that Grandmothergamer exists, your comments that the reply comes from her are also lies; you see, you know her by a screenname, which means she has internet access of some sort and you met her primarily over the net. Most people who meet and get to know someone over the net tend to associate them with their screenname, even when they know that person's real name and are close friends with that person; the brain has already associated that person's identity with the screenname and a lot of people have trouble undoing that. Now, since this forum uses very old BBB code, she should be able to access it... unless she's running a Commadore 64 or older computer (which wouldn't run Sims 3 anyway) or was banned (in which case you can also get banned for passing on her messages; it's called ban evasion, and most websites frown on that).

Finally, the final sign that you made up Grandmothergamer? Your writing style and her's match perfectly, right down to syntax and sentence structure. That's incredibly, incredibly rare... to the point even most twins don't have that close a match. So, yeah, you and her are probably the same person and you're just making her up.

Like I said; don't try to manipulate a manipulator. It tends to tick them off.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited April 2013

Finally, I'm going to have to say that unless you can provide some proof that Grandmothergamer exists, your comments that the reply comes from her are also lies; you see, you know her by a screenname, which means she has internet access of some sort and you met her primarily over the net. Most people who meet and get to know someone over the net tend to associate them with their screenname, even when they know that person's real name and are close friends with that person; the brain has already associated that person's identity with the screenname and a lot of people have trouble undoing that. Now, since this forum uses very old BBB code, she should be able to access it... unless she's running a Commadore 64 or older computer (which wouldn't run Sims 3 anyway) or was banned (in which case you can also get banned for passing on her messages; it's called ban evasion, and most websites frown on that).

Finally, the final sign that you made up Grandmothergamer? Your writing style and her's match perfectly, right down to syntax and sentence structure. That's incredibly, incredibly rare... to the point even most twins don't have that close a match. So, yeah, you and her are probably the same person and you're just making her up.

She is on my friendlist http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Grandmothergamer not made up and has been around for a while :wink:

I will sign just because I am tired of the constant barking and tearing up of my newspapers. Strays are a bit of a pain in the game
  • Options
    edited April 2013

A. Starving

B. desperately tired.

Thank you Nessa.

'end of quote'

While your post is nice and pretty, one fact remains: Your words are empty and your argument is garbage.

You see, you state a lot of pretty things in that, but never at any point do you address the key issue: You specifically mentioned winter in your OP, and you never addressed the issue of the fact I called you out on your logic in using as being completely wrong. Instead, you sit there and state even prettier things and make up crap about strays being trapped; to be blunt, even when they glitch through the walls, they can still leave by the front door unless you locked it or specifically set up a room with no entrances. And the starving bit is a complete lie; they get the same treatment as toddlers in the game, in that the game won't actually allow them to starve to death, but will instead take steps to make certain it never happens.

As for the AI: Nice attempt to distract from being called out, but it won't work. See, you never brought up the AI in the first post, and that wasn't part of your campaign. That tells me that you're grasping at it in hopes people don't notice.

I would like to add my two cents worth here. I hate the strays in my game and would like the option to turn them off just like there are with vampires,etc. The option would be good.

So yes I am for the appeal to the button in our game but to attack my friend is a no-go for me. Vanessa has been my friend for ages and I know her personally. If you know anything about the exchange rate in our Country South Africa you would know that the games are extremely expensive for quite a few people.I know Vanessa and Grandmothergamer are two different people. Both very nice and helpful.
    my proof they both exist as two different people...here

screenshot_original.jpg

It would be waste of money plain and simple for one person to buy and register so many games in this country just to open up two accounts and pretend to be more than one person or whatever.And no the picture was not edited go and see for yourself.
    http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/VanessaVenner
    http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Grandmothergamer
    Next time make sure of your facts.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    mcrudd wrote:

She is on my friendlist http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Grandmothergamer not made up and has been around for a while :wink:

Ah. Okay. I'll admit I was wrong that Grandmothergamer doesn't exist.
    matashjma wrote:

A. Starving

B. desperately tired.

Thank you Nessa.

'end of quote'

I would like to add my two cents worth here. I hate the strays in my game and would like the option to turn them off just like there are with vampires,etc. The option would be good.

So yes I am for the appeal to the button in our game but to attack my friend is a no-go for me. Vanessa has been my friend for ages and I know her personally. If you know anything about the exchange rate in our Country South Africa you would know that the games are extremely expensive for quite a few people.I know Vanessa and Grandmothergamer are two different people. Both very nice and helpful.
    my proof they both exist as two different people...here

screenshot_original.jpg

It would be waste of money plain and simple for one person to buy and register so many games in this country just to open up two accounts and pretend to be more than one person or whatever.And no the picture was not edited go and see for yourself.
    http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/VanessaVenner
    http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Grandmothergamer
    Next time make sure of your facts.

I admit they are two different people.

And, yes, it would be a waste of money, but it's something similar to what I've done in the past when financially backed by another; typically, the waste of money would be used to seed both accounts with the necessary credentials to look legit. However, in all cases, those were times I was being paid to do a job; typically, not a very good job... but when you need the money, you can't necessarily turn down paying work, even if it's not pleasant.

That doesn't stop the fact that everything they've both said about strays in the game, thus far, has been complete and utter crap. Nor the fact that they're using standard manipulation techniques to try to pull people's heartstrings. To you, they may be nice and such; I don't know them, and my first introduction to both of them has been a poor attempt to manipulate people's feelings using blatant falsehoods about how the game actually works combined with appealing, on a level that is almost sociopathic, to sympathies people inherently have towards suffering animals. As a former activist myself, I have seen first-hand the kind of damage people like Vanessa and Grandmotherplayer can do to legitimate causes with their illegitimate ones, and I see those two pulling the same crap I spent half my time as an activist fighting against.

So, no, I have no reason to treat them nicely, since what they're doing is inherently vile.
  • Options
    oiswiseoiswise Posts: 482 Member
    edited April 2013
    :shock:

@ TanyaRubirose WOW. You do seem to have some issues. You say that you too would like to be able to turn off strays. Does it really matter what someone's PERSONAL reason is for requesting the option to be able to turn off strays? One of the great things about this site is that it brings a LOT of DIFFERENT types of people together. There are a lot of different playing styles out there. I don't have pets and one of the reasons for this is I hated dealing with stays in sims2.

@ VanessaVenner I am so sorry you are being attacked for trying to help GG. I am aware of her problems with not being able to get to the forums and think it was kind of you to try to help her. Please add my name to the list.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    oiswise wrote:

@ TanyaRubirose WOW. You do seem to have some issues. You say that you too would like to be able to turn off strays. Does it really matter what someone's PERSONAL reason is for requesting the option to be able to turn off strays? One of the great things about this site is that it brings a LOT of DIFFERENT types of people together. There are a lot of different playing styles out there. I don't have pets and one of the reasons for this is I hated dealing with stays in sims2.

It doesn't matter what their personal reason is as long as it stays their personal reason. That personal reason was used as an argument for why this should be implemented; then, it does matter, since the why behind how something is implemented has been shown to be just as important as the what is being implemented in the past where the devs are concerned. Often times, the why it's not been implemented yet is also important, as that tells you your chances of ever getting it implemented (cars backing out of driveways has not been implemented due to a lack of time to do the animations according to Graham, for example).

Also, the why itself is being used to drum up support from fellow players... that also makes it important, as at that point it becomes the primary reason as to why people should consider supporting it. In this case, the why amounts to falsehoods and emotional manipulation... those are definitely not honest reasons, and the tactics used do suggest the stated reasons are not the true reasons. I was willing to give a bit of the benefit of the doubt until I got that second reply... that confirmed for me that a con job was going on with the way they shifted tactics.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    oiswise wrote:

It doesn't matter what their personal reason is as long as it stays their personal reason. That personal reason was used as an argument for why this should be implemented; then, it does matter, since the why behind how something is implemented has been shown to be just as important as the what is being implemented in the past where the devs are concerned. Often times, the why it's not been implemented yet is also important, as that tells you your chances of ever getting it implemented (cars backing out of driveways has not been implemented due to a lack of time to do the animations according to Graham, for example).

Also, the why itself is being used to drum up support from fellow players... that also makes it important, as at that point it becomes the primary reason as to why people should consider supporting it. In this case, the why amounts to falsehoods and emotional manipulation... those are definitely not honest reasons, and the tactics used do suggest the stated reasons are not the true reasons. I was willing to give a bit of the benefit of the doubt until I got that second reply... that confirmed for me that a con job was going on with the way they shifted tactics.

I am not going to beat around the bush here , if you do not agree with what my sweet , kind and lovely friends are trying to do here I would kindley ask you to take your opinions and leave this thread , all they want is for EA to give us a button to press so that all simmers can or can not turn the strays off , it is upto each simmer in turn if they want to sign or not .... I ask you to please Leave
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Sorry VanessaVenner that this as happened when you was sooo kindly trying to help Grandmothergamer and the simming community as a whole ... if you want to sign please do ... if you don't agree please be kind and leave us be Thank you *hugs*

Edited for spelling mistakes :oops:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    dawnrob wrote:
    oiswise wrote:

I am not going to beat around the bush here , if you do not agree with what my sweet , kind and lovely friends are trying to do here I would kindley ask you to take your opinions and leave this thread , all they want is for EA to give us a buttion to press so that all simmers can or can not turn the strays off , it is upto each simmer in turn if they want to sign or not .... I ask you to please Leave

*points to the title of the forum*

This is Ideas and Feedback that it is currently posted in. You post an idea, you get feedback, and you can give feedback to EA (and possibly get feedback on that). That means you're not going to necessarily like what someone has to say, and sometimes they're going to tell you that you're completely wrong.

Now, you probably just guaranteed this topic will go down in flames; there's a group of people here who get very, very irate when others try to control who can and cannot post in a topic, and if they're around today they're going to jump all over your post and utterly destroy this thread. If they're not, you got lucky.

It helps to lurk a little bit and learn the social rules of individual forums before you post; otherwise, you end up creating for yourself even bigger problems.

Oh, and feel free to report my posts, if you wish. I may not have sugar coated it, but I seriously doubt I crossed any lines as far as the rules are concerned.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    dawnrob wrote:
    oiswise wrote:

I am not going to beat around the bush here , if you do not agree with what my sweet , kind and lovely friends are trying to do here I would kindley ask you to take your opinions and leave this thread , all they want is for EA to give us a buttion to press so that all simmers can or can not turn the strays off , it is upto each simmer in turn if they want to sign or not .... I ask you to please Leave

*points to the title of the forum*

This is Ideas and Feedback that it is currently posted in. You post an idea, you get feedback, and you can give feedback to EA (and possibly get feedback on that). That means you're not going to necessarily like what someone has to say, and sometimes they're going to tell you that you're completely wrong.

Now, you probably just guaranteed this topic will go down in flames; there's a group of people here who get very, very irate when others try to control who can and cannot post in a topic, and if they're around today they're going to jump all over your post and utterly destroy this thread. If they're not, you got lucky.

It helps to lurk a little bit and learn the social rules of individual forums before you post; otherwise, you end up creating for yourself even bigger problems.

Oh, and feel free to report my posts, if you wish. I may not have sugar coated it, but I seriously doubt I crossed any lines as far as the rules are concerned.

you and anyone are free to post on this topic , but to you really need to ripp into people like you have ... and as for reporting you ... I would not even think of it ....