Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

a crusade to stop the strays, a kind request to the simgurus who create updates for our games

167891012...Next

Comments

• Options
    brivenesbrivenes Posts: 588 Member
    edited February 2014
    Yes, please sign me up. :):)
  • Options
    CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hello

Totally agree please

signed

chari
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited February 2014
    Signed to help with lag caused by stuck animals. Thanks.
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'll gladly sign so please throw my name up on your list! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited February 2014
    PLS SIGNED ME UP TOO! :mrgreen:

Gosh i have seen this thread before but i lose the thread before signing up! :( I was searching like madwoman! Thanks Grandmothergamer and mcsnjb! :lol:
  • Options
    alstromeriaalstromeria Posts: 218 Member
    edited February 2014
    I agree with you!

Please add my name to your list.
  • Options
    LiandaVanZylLiandaVanZyl Posts: 155 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Please add me....
  • Options
    MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'll sign
  • Options
    TheCookieKCTheCookieKC Posts: 21 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I agree 100%
  • Options
    bethp62bethp62 Posts: 147 Member
    edited February 2014
    It would be great to have the ability to disable strays in game.

signed!
  • Options
    Faith05201Faith05201 Posts: 245 Member
    edited February 2014
    *signed*
  • Options
    VanessaVennerVanessaVenner Posts: 347 Member
    edited February 2014
    Dear Msrednotdead your name is on the list.
    graphics-thank-you-519709.gif
    Dear PuddinsPet your name is on the list.
    graphics-thank-you-411591.gif
    Dear brivenes your name is on the list.
    graphics-thank-you-817206.jpg
    Dear Charicharn your name is on the list.
    graphics-thank-you-484849.jpg
    Dear AudreyFld your name is on the list.
    graphics-thank-you-700455.gif
    Dear MeaganJo your name is on the list.
    graphics-thank-you-602266.gif
    Dear duyguugudur your name is on the list.
    graphics-thank-you-181669.gif
    Dear alstromeria your name is on the list.
    graphics-thank-you-875972.gif
    Dear LiandaVanZyl your name is on the list.
    graphics-thank-you-954697.jpg
    Dear Majestyk your name is on the list.
    graphics-thank-you-353482.gif
    Dear TheCookieKC your name is on the list.
    graphics-thank-you-488999.gif
    Dear bethp62 your name is on the list.
    graphics-thank-you-479887.gif
    Dear Faith05201 your name is on the list.
    graphics-thank-you-034862.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Dear mcsnjb your support is greatly appreciated.
    graphics-thank-you-355602.gif
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited February 2014
    I am happy to sign up for this!

Thank you very much!!

:)
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    mcsnjbmcsnjb Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited February 2014
    I am glad I could help Vanessa. :) If there is anything else I could do, just let me know. :) Lots of love and hugs. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Dear Idontrcall your name is on the list.
    graphics-thank-you-095669.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Dear mcsnjb just for you.
    picgifs-hugs-3710687.gif
  • Options
    GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited March 2014
    :mrgreen: calling in to wish everyone a fun filled weekend!
  • Options
    GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited April 2014
    :mrgreen: Good morning!

catloverplayer would like to be added to a fix for this issue please Vanessa.

I've noticed the issue of strays is a lot better, and there are far less around now, but they are still there. :(

We need this, this thing with the shelters is crazy.
    I can't see the point of them forcing the Pets on us outside of Appaloosa.

The only households out of Appaloosa really should only be our own, no other world has Sims set up for receiving pets, and they have nothing at all to attend to pet needs.

If we are going to have pets in our played household, and want more in our world, the best way to handle that would be to take a copy of a household with our chosen pets in it from Appaloosa, in their house, and set up to care for their pets.

In competing in the races, you will have noticed, that even in Appaloosa, you don't compete against the townies, it's a list of randomly created names.
    In the long time I played Appaloosa, I never saw any other household compete there.

It seems that loads of people think disabling something means it is no longer an option for their own household, and pets have a CAS/CASt option without cheating for you to change even the breed and the coat, so any pet adopted via the phone can be changed to exactly what you want them to be.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited April 2014
    oiswise wrote:
    :shock:

@ TanyaRubirose WOW. You do seem to have some issues. You say that you too would like to be able to turn off strays. Does it really matter what someone's PERSONAL reason is for requesting the option to be able to turn off strays? One of the great things about this site is that it brings a LOT of DIFFERENT types of people together. There are a lot of different playing styles out there. I don't have pets and one of the reasons for this is I hated dealing with stays in sims2.

It doesn't matter what their personal reason is as long as it stays their personal reason. That personal reason was used as an argument for why this should be implemented; then, it does matter, since the why behind how something is implemented has been shown to be just as important as the what is being implemented in the past where the devs are concerned. Often times, the why it's not been implemented yet is also important, as that tells you your chances of ever getting it implemented (cars backing out of driveways has not been implemented due to a lack of time to do the animations according to Graham, for example).

Also, the why itself is being used to drum up support from fellow players... that also makes it important, as at that point it becomes the primary reason as to why people should consider supporting it. In this case, the why amounts to falsehoods and emotional manipulation... those are definitely not honest reasons, and the tactics used do suggest the stated reasons are not the true reasons. I was willing to give a bit of the benefit of the doubt until I got that second reply... that confirmed for me that a con job was going on with the way they shifted tactics.

I totally get your point that the strays in Pets are not real, and abuse of actual animals is a sad reality, and I understand that it is very wrong to minimize this situation but I don't feel that was the op's intentions. I'm amazed at how black-hearted you assume the op to be. I also want to say just by playing a game that has scenarios simulating animal suffering exposes a player, in a virtual and limited sense, to animal abuse. I have a couple of questions for you. Would you rather that gamers be desensitized to animal anguish and lose their empathy for animal plights because of only being able to play a game where the animals represented are mistreated? You are after all suggesting that gamers ignore the simulated issues because no harm is actually being done. If gamers then learn to ignore the plight of these virtual animated creatures aren't they more likely to develop a progressively callused response to real animal suffering based on their having learned to block out instances of virtual animal abuse by playing this game? I believe people are affected by gaming if not then why do NASA, airline companies or the military have simulators to train their people on? Could it not be because they use virtual scenarios to train their people to handle real life situations? I disagree with the idea that it's impossible for simulated experiences to have any effect on gamers playing the game.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited April 2014
    By the way sign my name it makes me cringe to think of playing a game having glitches that basically simulate animal suffering. :evil:
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    ddutoitddutoit Posts: 147 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi, just passing by :)
    ❤️✿ I have a speech impediment ... my foot ✿❤️
    http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ddutoit
  • Options
    dawnrobdawnrob Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited June 2014
    Just A little Bump .... of to page 1 you go :D:D