Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MAJOR PROBLEM~ pre-ordered University cant get items

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm having this same problem...I got my limited edition and registration rewards but the code for the origin exclusive items is telling me it's an "invalid code" when I try to redeem it. Contacting customer support now, but the online chat says 70+ minutes wait and the phone support says 422 minutes. This is absurd.
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited March 2013
    I'm having this same problem...I got my limited edition and registration rewards but the code for the origin exclusive items is telling me it's an "invalid code" when I try to redeem it. Contacting customer support now, but the online chat says 70+ minutes wait and the phone support says 422 minutes. This is absurd.

The waiting times over 100 are bugged according to CS, the average waiting time should be 1 hour.

They are swamped which is why you get the high count. I know it is frustrating but they are trying to gather all calls at this time.

Let me know if you got helped.

Thanks
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited March 2013
    I got mine all sorted, including the item for the 70s, 80s, and 90s stuff thanks to chat with awesome Bhaskar.

It said it would be about 70 minutes wait time, but it didn't seem that long. I just kept busy catching up on email and stuff while I waited.
  • Options
    lilcheerbabe734lilcheerbabe734 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Hey guys sorry if someone has already said this but i was having the same problem and i got it fixed. I send a request for EA customer service to call me. (it took a while so be ready to wait near your phone and computer) I learned that I ordered the game with a different email that wasnt the one i use for my origins account. I don't know if this will help anyone but just check and see if you bought it through a different email than you use for your Origins account. They will do everything for you! They were super helpful and he also said that the mixed up emails was the main problem people where calling about!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hey guys sorry if someone has already said this but i was having the same problem and i got it fixed. I send a request for EA customer service to call me. (it took a while so be ready to wait near your phone and computer) I learned that I ordered the game with a different email that wasnt the one i use for my origins account. I don't know if this will help anyone but just check and see if you bought it through a different email than you use for your Origins account. They will do everything for you! They were super helpful and he also said that the mixed up emails was the main problem people where calling about!

Thanks for posting this!
    Indeed! make sure you are looking in the correct email account and in all folders possible for the emails.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited March 2013
    I could not use the links that came in my e-mail to redeem my codes. I got a message that the codes were invalid.

I finally went to my page/account/redeem a code and entered the codes there. It worked for both the packs and they are now showing up in my purchase history.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I could not use the links that came in my e-mail to redeem my codes. I got a message that the codes were invalid.

I finally went to my page/account/redeem a code and entered the codes there. It worked for both the packs and they are now showing up in my purchase history.

This worked for me! Still waiting to hear from CS, but now that it's working, think I'm just gonna give up....way too much hassle.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

You mean Store/myaccount correct?

Indeed, if the pages are not working, which they should, you can go to redeem a code on the store: https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html

It will ask you to log in.

thanks

• Options
    edited March 2013

Indeed, if the pages are not working, which they should, you can go to redeem a code on the store: https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html

thanks

Yeah, think this suggestion should probably be made into a sticky...talking with CS now (it was only a tiny wait when I finally fixed it, so I thought I'd help them out by telling them how I fixed the problem) and the guy I'm talking to seems rather clueless....he keeps telling me it might take time to show up in my purchase history. It's never gonna show up in purchase history if it never gets redeemed...
  • Options
    edited March 2013

thanks

Yeah, think this suggestion should probably be made into a sticky...talking with CS now (it was only a tiny wait when I finally fixed it, so I thought I'd help them out by telling them how I fixed the problem) and the guy I'm talking to seems rather clueless....he keeps telling me it might take time to show up in my purchase history. It's never gonna show up in purchase history if it never gets redeemed...

Indeed, what is also true is that sometimes depending on the size of your purchase history it does take a bit.

But of course this is when the code is actually consumed.

Thanks!
  • Options
    jeancabrerajeancabrera Posts: 150 Member
    edited March 2013
    Antonouza wrote:
    MajesticG wrote:
    Antonouza wrote:
    I didn't receive either my email for the bonus content (Origin Exclusive School Spirit Pack and Limited Edition Content Partaeus Maximus statue)...

:(

Just contact customer service live chat and they will give them to you. Make sure you have your order number with you.

I tried ... But after connecting, I get this message:
    "Thank you for contacting EA
    Please wait while we connect you to the next available advisor.
    Your approximate wait time is between 350 - 355 minutes."

350 - 355 minutes!!!!

- - -

I'll try again tomorrow ... Just wanted to share this problem ...

:(

Olá. Eu entrei no chat hoje, levou 60 minutos, mas resolveu. O atendente me deu os dois códigos e consegui os dois itens.
  • Options
    SailorgreenylizSailorgreenyliz Posts: 107 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi, I didn't read all of the posts before this but I read most of them. I also registered my game on Origin and can't access the registration rewards, and I accidentally redeemed my pre-order code there as well.

I think I was to exited when I finally got my game, the place I ordered it from is GameTree Mac and they had some technical issues yesterday so we only got it today (It's a little after 5PM on the 6th here and I got my email at 12:40PM) so I wasn't really thinking about it and as a Mac user I never really used Origin before. I have only ever pre-ordered one thing and that was Supernatural, but I had forgotten how I got the pre-order stuff and ended up putting it in the wrong place this time. I know I need to contact CS, but that can wait as it is late here.

Some other things I want to say, I registered Seasons and Showtime, but they sometimes don't show on my page. Also when I went to play the game today when it logged me in it didn't have my picture and just said "Welcome Username" and I was wounder why it did that. It has the right amount of Simpoints and when I log out and log back in with my email and password it still says Username.

Edit: The Username thing seems to be back to normal now. I had taken out the EA folder and reinstalled all my store content so that everything but the save and screenshot folders are new after I had some problems earlier in the game (gray check button when trying to move them in at uni) so I am not sure why it did that.

Edit again: Contacted customer support today and they helped me get it sorted.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Origin ID - Sailorgreenyliz
    - Sims 4 Legacy The Green Legacy
  • Options
    xxMyaxxIsxxMadxxxxMyaxxIsxxMadxx Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I pre-ordered the game and have recieved no codes for the bonus content? any advice?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    bluegayle_ wrote:
    update: I reaffirmed/reset my password and have been able to log into launcher again. However still no luck with downloading the packs. They start but then only get about 35% of the way then stop.
    I am going to try uninstalling uni and see if that helps. Wish me luck

@Russki
    Well i couldn't make myself uninstall the ep just yet as i was hoping
    a fix may come up. I tried again this morning just in case but no luck.
    Is there any way they can remove the packs from my purchase history and then send me two new codes to try? Or maybe once removed i can try the ones i have again?I don't think uninstalling the ep would help as it almost seems the problem is just with the packs.
    I can download anything else to my launcher.
    Have a good day. I am off to the workplace...

You cannot remove them from your purchase history, but you can tell CS that you need new codes cause the packs are not working.

With new codes you will see duplicates in your purchase history. So you dont need to uninstall them or remove them from there.

• Options
    joshhkuyfgkujoshhkuyfgku Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I don't understand how to do it anyone got any ideas?