Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MAJOR PROBLEM~ pre-ordered University cant get items

Comments

• Options
    HituroHituro Posts: 34
    edited March 2013
    I just tried calling EA help. "Your approximate wait time is 634 minutes." That's about 10.5 hours and they close in about 5 hours. Holy crap on a stick.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited March 2013
    bluegayle_ wrote:
    bluegayle_ wrote:
    It does register but items are not automatic.
    If this is the case, then why aren't the EPs showing up in my registered games? As everyone else has stated, I am getting the 'already registered or invalid' error. And I've still never been able to register Late Night. Nor do they show up in my registered games on this site.
    I am on my phone so may mess this up.
    I don't know the "why" I just know it gets registered whe it's
    A dd from origin. I was able to dl and install reg rewards
    Just having probs with preorder bonuses.
    Hopeful answer soon
    @dru. Lol. Maybe that's my prob Will check
    cc acct. I have ep installed also.

if the codes are still saying invalid, i would suggest getting new ones, sometimes in code batches there are bad ones.
    Let me know if you were able to get new codes and if they worked.
    thanks

@Russki
    As far as i know my codes are valid. Party pack is in my purchase history but won't download. The reg rewards downloaded into my game. Spirit pack email finally arrived but I can't keep logged into account to try the download. I can sneak in using profile to post but as soon as I try to go elsewhere i get
    anywhere else onsite I get "liamed".
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited March 2013
    Sorry for double post"

Russki I now have Spirit & Party Pack on purchase history.

However neither will download. I cannot log into my launcher.
    Tired of being told i am "not online" or my log in is invalid.

I can only on occasion actually log into this site. This has been going
    on since last evening although the launcher has done this before.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited March 2013
    UPDATE: I contacted EA's Live Chat for new codes so that I could download the registration rewards and the Party Pack. I am SOO pleased to say, that it was the best customer service session I've ever had with EA! The representative was SO helpful. She understood the problem, and fixed it so quickly! I was able to download both things, and the situation's been completely resolved. :-)
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right places or not but of the 3 e-mails I got, none of them seem to give a code for the origin bonus. You still get one even if you pre-order the physical copy right?

EDIT: Scratch that, the 'serial number' was apparently the code to use for the school spirit pack, except for some reason it didn't work for me on the first try (even when I copy & pasted). Tried the same thing just now and it finally went through.
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited March 2013
    bluegayle_ wrote:
    Sorry for double post"

Gotcha!
    Let me forward this to my team so they can take a look then.
    But yes your codes worked we need to figure out why they won't download.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    UPDATE: I contacted EA's Live Chat for new codes so that I could download the registration rewards and the Party Pack. I am SOO pleased to say, that it was the best customer service session I've ever had with EA! The representative was SO helpful. She understood the problem, and fixed it so quickly! I was able to download both things, and the situation's been completely resolved. :-)

Very happy this got solved!!
    Enjoy your items and game! :D
    :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hituro wrote:
    I just tried calling EA help. "Your approximate wait time is 634 minutes." That's about 10.5 hours and they close in about 5 hours. Holy crap on a stick.

I asked Cs about it.
    They mentioned that yes there is a waiting time, but NOT this long. Apparently the timer is bugged.

They are supporting SimCity also, so that is why they said they had a wait time aprox of 60 minutes.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    SugarRave wrote:
    I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right places or not but of the 3 e-mails I got, none of them seem to give a code for the origin bonus. You still get one even if you pre-order the physical copy right?

EDIT: Scratch that, the 'serial number' was apparently the code to use for the school spirit pack, except for some reason it didn't work for me on the first try (even when I copy & pasted). Tried the same thing just now and it finally went through.

Hmmm not entirely certain.

So, let me try to understand.

You should have gotten a 20 digit code (the serial code) this gives you the game and the option for the reward. But this code does not give you the origin exclusive. Whoever told you that, this person is wrong.

The origin exclusive should have been given as a 16 digit code on email to be redeemed in www.thesims3.com/incentive/ep9origin

Same with the limited edition, it is another 16 digit code that is redeemed on www.thesims3.com/incentive/UniversityLifeRedeem

Let me know if you have more questions.

• Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited March 2013

That's funny, after waiting about 1 hour for someone on live chat to ask for help about the code for the school spirit bonus pack, they told me they could not help me because they could not generate the codes and call the customer service phone #. I did and was told my wait time would be 722 minutes! All I want is my code for my bonus content for ordering from Origin.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    piddlesim wrote:
    I have invalid codes when I try to redeem my party pack and limited edition content.

I waited for 182 minutes with a CS live chat. They refused to generate new codes.

So what do I do now? I can't sit through another live chat. I have spina bifida and MS. I wasn't supposed to sit that long and wait through the first live chat. My spine can't handle it.

I forwarded your case, I don't know how long it will take, but I'm hoping someone contacts you soon.

thanks
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Tiki5872 wrote:

That's funny, after waiting about 1 hour for someone on live chat to ask for help about the code for the school spirit bonus pack, they told me they could not help me because they could not generate the codes and call the customer service phone #. I did and was told my wait time would be 722 minutes! All I want is my code for my bonus content for ordering from Origin.

I forwarded your case also.
    I don't know how long it would take also. Hoping they contact you soon.
  • Options
    SavanahRiversMSavanahRiversM Posts: 252 Member
    edited March 2013
    I received an email to download the game but no codes for the limited edition items.Do i need to call or email?Never had a problem with Origin before.I pre ordered over a month ago.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    bluegayle_ wrote:
    Sorry for double post"

I have checked with my QA. He did mention that he didn't reproduce this issue, but he did say that installing ep9 first then trying to download the content.
    Can you try that and see what happens?
    if you have already let me know.
  • Options
    PharseerPharseer Posts: 66 New Member
    edited March 2013
    SugarRave wrote:

You should have gotten a 20 digit code (the serial code) this gives you the game and the option for the reward. But this code does not give you the origin exclusive. Whoever told you that, this person is wrong.

The origin exclusive should have been given as a 16 digit code on email to be redeemed in www.thesims3.com/incentive/ep9origin

Same with the limited edition, it is another 16 digit code that is redeemed on www.thesims3.com/incentive/UniversityLifeRedeem

Thank you for helping us. I have the limited edition and I downloaded it through Origin. When I go to the link you provided:

It tells me my code has been redeemed already?

I only recieved one code from my retailer and I put that in, and it shows that the code has been used. I went to purchase history on my account page because this is where I got the Pets limited edition bonus for download. Nothing is showing up there. I have refreshed, waited a few hours, and logged out and back in.

Is this something you are working on or do I need to contact my retailer?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I received an email to download the game but no codes for the limited edition items.Do i need to call or email?Never had a problem with Origin before.I pre ordered over a month ago.

I would call CS whichever is best for you.
    I will try to see on Origin side what is going on.

Thanks
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited March 2013
    Tiki5872 wrote:

That's funny, after waiting about 1 hour for someone on live chat to ask for help about the code for the school spirit bonus pack, they told me they could not help me because they could not generate the codes and call the customer service phone #. I did and was told my wait time would be 722 minutes! All I want is my code for my bonus content for ordering from Origin.[/quote)

I forwarded your case also.
    I don't know how long it would take also. Hoping they contact you soon.

Thank you SimGuruRusskii! I appreciate your help! Also, thanks for being here on the forums all day with what must be a hectic day for you guys there.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    SavanahRiversMSavanahRiversM Posts: 252 Member
    edited March 2013

I would call CS whichever is best for you.
    I will try to see on Origin side what is going on.

Thanks
    Thank you :D
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've been on hold for a Live Chat representative for a while now, and I've had the counter reset twice on me while I was waiting. (IOW, it went from 5 minutes to 90 minutes twice one me.)

I don't know what's going on with EA's CS, but all I'm trying to do is find out if they can issue me my pre-order Origin DLC code that I never got in my e-mail. And, yes, I did check the Spam Folder. (I always do, since that's where a lot of my important loan e-mails seem to end up even when I tell Yahoo that it isn't spam.)
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Throw me in with the crowd that gets "code already used". Not sure what's up with that.

Edit: I got it to finally work... odd.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Pharseer wrote:
    SugarRave wrote:

Thank you for helping us. I have the limited edition and I downloaded it through Origin. When I go to the link you provided:

I only recieved one code from my retailer and I put that in, and it shows that the code has been used. I went to purchase history on my account page because this is where I got the Pets limited edition bonus for download. Nothing is showing up there. I have refreshed, waited a few hours, and logged out and back in.

Yes indeed, so you got only one code? is it the 20 digit code or a 16 digit code?
    thanks
  • Options
    PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited March 2013
    Tiki5872 wrote:

I'm sorry your problems haven't been resolved yet Tiki5872. I should clarify, I wasn't actually given any codes. The representative simply made the items I wasn't able to get, appear in my Purchase History. I explained that I had entered one of the codes in the wrong place and was unable to get the Party Pack as a result, and wasn't sure why I wasn't able to get the registration reward. She logged into my account and registered my game here, which made the registration reward appear, and I'm not sure what she did to fix the other situation with the Party Pack, but said that I should see it appear in my Purchase History (after taking a few minutes to do something). While I did wait a little while, it really wasn't very long. I know customer service is getting slammed today between the release of both University Life and SimCity, so I was patient about that.

I hope you get your items soon. I don't know quite what to suggest though.
  • Options
    MajesticGMajesticG Posts: 285 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I didn't receive either of my bonus codes for the game.
    Update: contacted Customer service and got my codes..had no issues whatsoever :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    PharseerPharseer Posts: 66 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Pharseer wrote:
    SugarRave wrote:

Yes indeed, so you got only one code? is it the 20 digit code or a 16 digit code?
    thanks

It's a 20 digit code for the limited edition.

Thank you for your help!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Pharseer wrote:
    Pharseer wrote:
    SugarRave wrote:

thanks

It's a 20 digit code for the limited edition.

Thank you for your help!

Ok, so you need to contact your retailer since they didn't give you the 16 digit code for the bonus content for limited edition.

The 20 digit code only gives you the registration rewards which is the mascot pack. but doesn't give you the extra content, for that you need a 16 digit code.

Hope this helps!

For mu curiosity, what was your retailer?
    thanks