Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MAJOR PROBLEM~ pre-ordered University cant get items

Comments

• Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited March 2013

I have not been able to register my last EP (Seasons), or this one (University Life) on thesims3.com. Both games show up on Origin. The last time, with Seasons, I spent HOURS dealing with customer service on Origin and here on LiveChat, and LiveChat said they'd be happy to register Seasons for me. They said they did, and said it shows up for them....well, y'all can look at my registered games, and it still doesn't show up. I tried to convince them that it is NOT there, but they said it was and not to worry about it. lol I'm not going through that again.
    If you registered on ts3.com you are registered, what is happening is that the image is not showing up on the my page for the game. This is just an image, but all your entitlements are there. CS should have told you this, I apologize if they didnt. So you don't need to re-register since you see your games in origin to prove it.

My engineer is trying to find out why the image doesnt show up for some people, not everyone experiences this. Have you tried logging in and out and/or clearing web cache?

Now, with Uni Life, I have tried both codes I have, the product code, and the pre-order code, for both registering, and for getting the Party Pack and Reg. reward. ...and Yes, I tried the pre-order code on the separate page for the Party Pack. For each code, in each place, I get the message that the codes have already been used. Now, that being said, at the time, last night, there was no separate page, and for the Party Pack, at least that was listed here, anyway, so I entered the code on Origin. Origin said I had successfully entered the code and unlocked the party pack.

As of today, I've not been able to see the party pack or registration reward in my Purchase History, so I'm hoping they'll show up in-game. I'm not holding my breath that they will, however, considering my Seasons game is STILL not registered, months later.

I need to ask more questions, where are you using the 20 digit code and the 16 digit codes? if you have already used them, you cannot use them again.

The registration reward does not show on the purchase history, you can download it here: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13919&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:60117&pcategoryId=12858&ppcategoryId=12490

for the party pack you should be able to see them in the purchase history if you used the code correctly.

Like I said before, you have seasons' registered, it is just the image that is not showing up, but you have everything else that gives you the registration, on the backend, you are registered.

If any Gurus are reading this, I'm hoping you guys can help us to smooth these problems out, if not now, in the future, by giving everyone who purchase the games, clear instructions on what to do where, and when, and what to do when that doesn't work.

I have explained what I could tell you, but i need the answers to questions so i can help you more =)

Let me know if what i told you works =)
    thanks
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited March 2013
    I hope this helps! I used the links provided in the email with my school spirit pack and couldn't get it to work, it said the code was invalid. So after trying for a long time I scrolled down to the bottom of the page and clicked redeem a code, entered the code from my email and it worked. I was able to dl and install it.

This is what the service rep told me to do when I couldn't redeem the pinball machine. The same thing happened this time and I was able to redeem them with redeem a code. My Page>My Account>Redeem a Code
  • Options
    twilight_aerithtwilight_aerith Posts: 653 Member
    edited March 2013
    yay glad it works for others too!
    Origin ID: Samerella
  • Options
    LadyTess37LadyTess37 Posts: 42 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Well.... I Pre-ordered from Origin and downloaded this morning. I started it up and was playing for a while. I decided to check, and like many here.... it looks like I do NOT have my special items. So I came to the Sims 3 website to check for downloadable goodies..... but it turns out that as far as the Sims3.com is concerned, I don't even HAVE University Life!?!? WT* SO!! I went back to my Origin account, pulled up my Product code and manually entered my code here to register... but it says my code is invalid!!! What the hell! :( So now I don't know what to do.
    I want what I paid for.
    The whole reason I pre-ordered was get all the extras!
    I hope someone is working on this. *fingers crossed*
    Contact Origin through their phone number at (650)628-1001, this is what I did and they had to go into my account and fix things for me. It took me 11-12 hours as it was between talking to Live Chat, who couldn't help me, talking to Amazon, who tried to help but couldn't, then finally found a phone number in one of my manuals, waited till the time they were open to talk, and thought I would share. Anyone else having issues with their content should call the number and they should be able to help you like they did me. I finally got this resolved!
  • Options
    leyna75leyna75 Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2013
    [
    leyna75 wrote:My codes are all invalid as well. I remember when I had this issue with Seasons, I was told by EA that origin automatically registers the code and then you just have to enter the codes for your items. This go round-nothing. Nothing in my purchase history and the codes are invalid. From reading other posts, people are waiting hours to speak to EA about it. I am going to wait for awhile and see if anything changes but I will not call today cause I know EVERYONE is blowing those lines up! Not that I blame them....irritating to say the least.

The autoregistering of origin only works for the 20 digit codes, the ones you get with the actual game. It doesnt do it with the 16 digit codes you get for the bonus content.

The bonus content must be redeemed following the instructions they gave you, not on origin.

Thanks
    I have finally redeemed for both party and spirit pack. Important to note that I followed all directions and that did not work. I redeemed spirit by copy and pasting into the redemption page provided in my email(which I did before but entered code manually and it did not work) Ironically when I copied and pasted the party pack, it was still invalid. I then tried manually typing it in and that worked. I'm not saying it will work for everyone but it did for me. I will say again that I followed all instructions that was provided in the email and that did not work. Now hopefully it wont crash when I play like other people have been reporting.
  • Options
    00girl100girl1 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I pre-ordered from Origin and have still been unable to download it because of traffic or something. :(
  • Options
    MistycleoMistycleo Posts: 6 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I pre-ordered sims univeristy from origin and all I get is an error code when I try to download it. I put in for origin to call me but still no phone call. The error code is 65538-1 and its says is it a download error. Please help thank you. :(
  • Options
    ashleybrooooksashleybrooooks Posts: 59 New Member
    edited March 2013
    If you're a dumbo like me and accidentally redeemed the Party Pack code in Origin instead of http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/UniversityLifeRedeem.html if you get a hold of EA they will give you a new one. I just got off of the livechat with them (yes, the wait was a bit long but with two new games launching in the same day I can't complain) they'll give you a new one.

I do think Origin/EA needs to make the process more clear. It's silly that they make it so you HAVE to redeem one of the packs on thesims3.com yet the other is redeemable through Origin even though that messes it up.

Sigh. Ah well. Have patience friends, and good luck :)
  • Options
    mikrokitty78mikrokitty78 Posts: 372 Member
    edited March 2013
    bluegayle_ wrote:
    It does register but items are not automatic.
    If this is the case, then why aren't the EPs showing up in my registered games? As everyone else has stated, I am getting the 'already registered or invalid' error. And I've still never been able to register Late Night. Nor do they show up in my registered games on this site.
    Also known as Misty, Simsl3gacies, and Margaret Pendragon
  • Options
    NaeRayNaeRay Posts: 297 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I downladed my DD last night and it didn't pop up on my page but I went ahead and registered my party and spirit pack...this morning I saw that Uni was showing up and I got my registration reward! Some of you just need to give it time and stop worrying about it because its just gonna stress you out
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited March 2013
    EA should just not do these stupid pre-order bonuses. They're completely unnecessary.

"OMG!! A new Sims 3 expansion pack! I wonder what the pre-order content bonus is!?"

Said no-one, ever.

People will pre-order a new Sims 3 game, because it's a new game. No-one holds off pre-ordering because of some low-priority content that doesn't play an integral part. It might as well be bundled in and become a feature for the game in general. EA used to that (back when EA was a good company).
  • Options
    PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited March 2013

I have not been able to register my last EP (Seasons), or this one (University Life) on thesims3.com. Both games show up on Origin. The last time, with Seasons, I spent HOURS dealing with customer service on Origin and here on LiveChat, and LiveChat said they'd be happy to register Seasons for me. They said they did, and said it shows up for them....well, y'all can look at my registered games, and it still doesn't show up. I tried to convince them that it is NOT there, but they said it was and not to worry about it. lol I'm not going through that again.
    If you registered on ts3.com you are registered, what is happening is that the image is not showing up on the my page for the game. This is just an image, but all your entitlements are there. CS should have told you this, I apologize if they didnt. So you don't need to re-register since you see your games in origin to prove it.

My engineer is trying to find out why the image doesnt show up for some people, not everyone experiences this. Have you tried logging in and out and/or clearing web cache?

Now, with Uni Life, I have tried both codes I have, the product code, and the pre-order code, for both registering, and for getting the Party Pack and Reg. reward. ...and Yes, I tried the pre-order code on the separate page for the Party Pack. For each code, in each place, I get the message that the codes have already been used. Now, that being said, at the time, last night, there was no separate page, and for the Party Pack, at least that was listed here, anyway, so I entered the code on Origin. Origin said I had successfully entered the code and unlocked the party pack.

As of today, I've not been able to see the party pack or registration reward in my Purchase History, so I'm hoping they'll show up in-game. I'm not holding my breath that they will, however, considering my Seasons game is STILL not registered, months later.

I need to ask more questions, where are you using the 20 digit code and the 16 digit codes? if you have already used them, you cannot use them again.

The registration reward does not show on the purchase history, you can download it here: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13919&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:60117&pcategoryId=12858&ppcategoryId=12490

for the party pack you should be able to see them in the purchase history if you used the code correctly.

Like I said before, you have seasons' registered, it is just the image that is not showing up, but you have everything else that gives you the registration, on the backend, you are registered.

If any Gurus are reading this, I'm hoping you guys can help us to smooth these problems out, if not now, in the future, by giving everyone who purchase the games, clear instructions on what to do where, and when, and what to do when that doesn't work.

I have explained what I could tell you, but i need the answers to questions so i can help you more =)

thanks

Thanks very much for coming to the rescue so quickly! :-D I was off checking out the game. ;) I wanted to mention, that although someone here mentioned they can see Seasons registerd on My Page, I cannot. I see that you said it's just an image, and not really a big deal, so I appreciate that, thanks very much. I tried downloading the registration reward both last night, and today, but I get a pop-up stating that I must first register the game, and then get sent to the registration page. I entered the product code there, several times now, which is a 20-digit code. I have had no success.

For the Party Pack, I've tried to enter both the 16-digit Pre-Order Code, and the 20-Digit Product Code, but neither works.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited March 2013
    bluegayle_ wrote:
    If this is the case, then why aren't the EPs showing up in my registered games? As everyone else has stated, I am getting the 'already registered or invalid' error. And I've still never been able to register Late Night. Nor do they show up in my registered games on this site.
    I am on my phone so may mess this up.
    I don't know the "why" I just know it gets registered whe it's
    A dd from origin. I was able to dl and install reg rewards
    Just having probs with preorder bonuses.
    Hopeful answer soon
    @dru. Lol. Maybe that's my prob Will check
    cc acct. I have ep installed also.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    LadyTess37 wrote:
    I pre-ordered my game of University Life on March 1st,2013 through Amazon. When it came available I put in the product key and the pre-order key into Origin's Redeem Codes.
    Well, after it downloaded I opened my game and my pre-order content is NOT there! I contacted Origin and they wouldn't help me, I contacted Amazon and they couldn't help me, so what in the sam hill am I supposed to do? How do I get my items?!?!?! I am highly upset. Amazon tried changing the code for me and when they did, it erased the pre-order code. I tried putting the item code into Sims 3 site BEFORE Amazon changed the product key already been used, SO HOW DO I GET MY FREAKIN ITEMS?!?!?! Can someone PLEASE help me??????
    I also looked in my purchase history and there is nothing new for the University Life there, so WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?

Hi there,

Actually for the amazon item, there were instructions on redeeming this item on ts3.com not origin, what happened is that origin does NOT support 16 digit code redemption, so the codes you have used it, and it was already consumed but nothing happened cause there is no way origin can work this out.

For this item, you have to redeem the codes on the url given or here: www.thesims3.com/incentive/generalredeem or the store's redeem a code page.

What you need to do is talk to CS and request another code for the amazon exclusive.
    thanks
    Hi there, SimsGuruRusskii,
    Thank you for trying to help but this is everything that took place as follows:

Actually when you order from Amazon, well at least for me, it tells me to go to Origin and redeem the codes. I put in the product code, which was fine and downloaded fine and before that I put in the pre-order code, and it said "Congratulations, you got the Spirit Pack and the Partaeus Maximus for your pre-order purchase of The Sims 3- University Life" in the little window, but when I looked in my purchase history it wasn't there. I looked in email for anything from Origin and nothing, I tried to go to the site you mentioned and it said code was already used. (I assume this was because I put it in the Redeem Code in Origin.) When I put the 16 digit code in, it never told me it was an invalid code, it actually accepted it and gave me the reply that I mentioned about with the congratulations.

Ultimately, I contacted EA and they told me to contact Amazon after waiting 3 1/2 hours to talk to someone on Live Chat, waited another 30 to 45 mins in Chat only for them to tell me to contact Amazon, after Amazon told me to contact them, so I contacted Amazon again and all they could do was issue the product key, they couldn't help me with the pre-order code. They also told me to contact EA again and see if I can talk to someone high up and finally I did on phone, but waited 4 1/2 hours to get a hold of someone and they were finally able to straighten everything out. Not only were they able to straighten everything out but they also told me that because I ordered from Amazon, that I got an Amazon exclusive pack which is called something like the Ultra Lounge Study set, which includes a Dining table, Dining chair, a bookshelf, an end table and a wall shelf. Waited a total of 11-12 hours to get all straightened out but finally got it fixed! The number I called was actually Origin/EA and talked to a Senior Adviser! So thanks to him, I got everything, checked it all and everything is where it should be. *SIGH with a BIG relief*

Thank you again!
    Hope those that are still having troubles can get theirs fixed, too.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    If you're a dumbo like me and accidentally redeemed the Party Pack code in Origin instead of http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/UniversityLifeRedeem.html if you get a hold of EA they will give you a new one. I just got off of the livechat with them (yes, the wait was a bit long but with two new games launching in the same day I can't complain) they'll give you a new one.

I do think Origin/EA needs to make the process more clear. It's silly that they make it so you HAVE to redeem one of the packs on thesims3.com yet the other is redeemable through Origin even though that messes it up.

Sigh. Ah well. Have patience friends, and good luck :)

One of my production comrades is trying to work on this in conjunction with origin, but we don't know how soon can this be done.

For now I will do a sticky about origin in general pretty soon.
    thanks
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    GommeInc wrote:
    EA should just not do these stupid pre-order bonuses. They're completely unnecessary.

"OMG!! A new Sims 3 expansion pack! I wonder what the pre-order content bonus is!?"

Said no-one, ever.

People will pre-order a new Sims 3 game, because it's a new game. No-one holds off pre-ordering because of some low-priority content that doesn't play an integral part. It might as well be bundled in and become a feature for the game in general. EA used to that (back when EA was a good company).
    The pre-order content was that Partaeus Maximus which gives various parties like Toga parties, masquerade parties, and not sure what else.
    Plus you get the school Spirit pack which is Face paint, different hair styles, a Campus Cruiser which is a Scooter, Paper Cliché which is glasses, and I am not sure what else as I have a lot of Custom Content.
    Sometimes it is an incentive for people TO pre-order the game and in my opinion I think that is awesome that they do that, as I am sure others might agree with me there, sorry that you don't, but hope you enjoy your game and Happy Simming :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    LadyTess37 wrote:
    LadyTess37 wrote:
    I pre-ordered my game of University Life on March 1st,2013 through Amazon. When it came available I put in the product key and the pre-order key into Origin's Redeem Codes.
    Well, after it downloaded I opened my game and my pre-order content is NOT there! I contacted Origin and they wouldn't help me, I contacted Amazon and they couldn't help me, so what in the sam hill am I supposed to do? How do I get my items?!?!?! I am highly upset. Amazon tried changing the code for me and when they did, it erased the pre-order code. I tried putting the item code into Sims 3 site BEFORE Amazon changed the product key already been used, SO HOW DO I GET MY FREAKIN ITEMS?!?!?! Can someone PLEASE help me??????
    I also looked in my purchase history and there is nothing new for the University Life there, so WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?

Hi there,

Actually for the amazon item, there were instructions on redeeming this item on ts3.com not origin, what happened is that origin does NOT support 16 digit code redemption, so the codes you have used it, and it was already consumed but nothing happened cause there is no way origin can work this out.

For this item, you have to redeem the codes on the url given or here: www.thesims3.com/incentive/generalredeem or the store's redeem a code page.

What you need to do is talk to CS and request another code for the amazon exclusive.
    thanks

Actually when you order from Amazon, well at least for me, it tells me to go to Origin and redeem the codes. I put in the product code, which was fine and downloaded fine and before that I put in the pre-order code, and it said "Congratulations, you got the Spirit Pack and the Partaeus Maximus for your pre-order purchase of The Sims 3- University Life" in the little window, but when I looked in my purchase history it wasn't there. I looked in email for anything from Origin and nothing, I tried to go to the site you mentioned and it said code was already used. (I assume this was because I put it in the Redeem Code in Origin.) When I put the 16 digit code in, it never told me it was an invalid code, it actually accepted it and gave me the reply that I mentioned about with the congratulations.

Ultimately, I contacted EA and they told me to contact Amazon after waiting 3 1/2 hours to talk to someone on Live Chat, waited another 30 to 45 mins in Chat only for them to tell me to contact Amazon, after Amazon told me to contact them, so I contacted Amazon again and all they could do was issue the product key, they couldn't help me with the pre-order code. They also told me to contact EA again and see if I can talk to someone high up and finally I did on phone, but waited 4 1/2 hours to get a hold of someone and they were finally able to straighten everything out. Not only were they able to straighten everything out but they also told me that because I ordered from Amazon, that I got an Amazon exclusive pack which is called something like the Ultra Lounge Study set, which includes a Dining table, Dining chair, a bookshelf, an end table and a wall shelf. Waited a total of 11-12 hours to get all straightened out but finally got it fixed! The number I called was actually Origin/EA and talked to a Senior Adviser! So thanks to him, I got everything, checked it all and everything is where it should be. *SIGH with a BIG relief*

Thank you again!

Glad it got sorted, but yes for reference, the 16 digit codes for the limited edition content or any other content, should not be redeemed in origin.
    thanks
  • Options
    edited March 2013

thanks

Thanks very much for coming to the rescue so quickly! :-D I was off checking out the game. ;) I wanted to mention, that although someone here mentioned they can see Seasons registerd on My Page, I cannot. I see that you said it's just an image, and not really a big deal, so I appreciate that, thanks very much. I tried downloading the registration reward both last night, and today, but I get a pop-up stating that I must first register the game, and then get sent to the registration page. I entered the product code there, several times now, which is a 20-digit code. I have had no success.

For the Party Pack, I've tried to enter both the 16-digit Pre-Order Code, and the 20-Digit Product Code, but neither works.

Can you try going to download the registration reward? should be ok now, I know orgin has some delays into activating the registration codes. So that might have been it =)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    bluegayle_ wrote:
    bluegayle_ wrote:
    I am on my phone so may mess this up.
    I don't know the "why" I just know it gets registered whe it's
    A dd from origin. I was able to dl and install reg rewards
    Just having probs with preorder bonuses.
    Hopeful answer soon
    @dru. Lol. Maybe that's my prob Will check
    cc acct. I have ep installed also.

if the codes are still saying invalid, i would suggest getting new ones, sometimes in code batches there are bad ones.
    Let me know if you were able to get new codes and if they worked.
    thanks
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    LadyTess37 wrote:
    LadyTess37 wrote:

Hi there,

thanks

Thank you again!

Glad it got sorted, but yes for reference, the 16 digit codes for the limited edition content or any other content, should not be redeemed in origin.
    thanks

Thank you very much as this was the first time I have ever pre-ordered a Sims 3 EP and got confused and thought I had to put in the 16 digit code in the Origin redeem code in order to show that I had gotten the limited edition of University Life, but now I know that isn't the case. Thank you so much, I will remember this in the future. Looking forward to pre-ordering Island Paradise, very excited!
  • Options
    PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited March 2013

thanks

Can you try going to download the registration reward? should be ok now, I know orgin has some delays into activating the registration codes. So that might have been it =)

I tried again SimGuruRusskii, but the same thing happens, I am told I must register the game first. When I enter the 20-digit code, I get this message, "The serial code you entered is invalid. Please enter a valid serial code and re-submit."

As far as the party pack is concerned, since I already had entered the 16-digit code on Origin, should I be asking LiveChat for a new one? According to the window on Origin last night, I successfully redeemed the code for the pack. It just never showed up anywhere, like my game or Purchase History.

I know Origin is being slammed today between TheSims 3 University Life, and SimCity, so I assum I should just give it time, as far as the registration reward is concerned.

Thank you so much for your time and help. We Simmers really do appreciate it when we know you guys are actively listening and responding to us. :-D
  • Options
    Mojokitty07Mojokitty07 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2013
    LadyTess37 wrote:

Yea I did the same thing, and no pre-order content for me either, also says the code was already used when I tried to use it on the "redeem a code" on the sims 3 website.
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have invalid codes when I try to redeem my party pack and limited edition content.

I waited for 182 minutes with a CS live chat. They refused to generate new codes.

So what do I do now? I can't sit through another live chat. I have spina bifida and MS. I wasn't supposed to sit that long and wait through the first live chat. My spine can't handle it.
  • Options
    Danielle50Danielle50 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited March 2013
    LadyTess37 wrote:
    LadyTess37 wrote:
    LadyTess37 wrote:

Hi there,

thanks

Thank you again!

thanks

Thank you very much as this was the first time I have ever pre-ordered a Sims 3 EP and got confused and thought I had to put in the 16 digit code in the Origin redeem code in order to show that I had gotten the limited edition of University Life, but now I know that isn't the case. Thank you so much, I will remember this in the future. Looking forward to pre-ordering Island Paradise, very excited!

Is there a easier way to do it because I am also having the same problem and that seems like too much work especially since I am not very fond of talking to people.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

thanks

I tried again SimGuruRusskii, but the same thing happens, I am told I must register the game first. When I enter the 20-digit code, I get this message, "The serial code you entered is invalid. Please enter a valid serial code and re-submit."

As far as the party pack is concerned, since I already had entered the 16-digit code on Origin, should I be asking LiveChat for a new one? According to the window on Origin last night, I successfully redeemed the code for the pack. It just never showed up anywhere, like my game or Purchase History.

I know Origin is being slammed today between TheSims 3 University Life, and SimCity, so I assum I should just give it time, as far as the registration reward is concerned.

Thank you so much for your time and help. We Simmers really do appreciate it when we know you guys are actively listening and responding to us. :-D

Yeah if the codes are still saying it is invalid, you need new codes.
    Sorry about that, in the meantime I have told origin to check their codes.

thanks