Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MAJOR PROBLEM~ pre-ordered University cant get items

Comments

• Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited March 2013
    Automatically registering when ordering from Origin?? Is this something new to this EP? I have always ordered my games from Origin and they have never been automatically registered, I would have to do it myself by going into "My Page". I don't have my game yet (it's currently out for delivery), I hope all these issues with registering and extra content code redemptions are taken care of soon. Looks like I am going to have to contact customer service as they have not even sent me a email with codes for the "school spirit" or "party pack" content. This is gonna be fun! :roll:
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    cdavistheriaultcdavistheriault Posts: 105 Member
    edited March 2013
    bluegayle_ wrote:
    MissyHissy wrote:
    When you buy on Origin, doesn't it automatically register it here? So the items appear in your purchase history?
    I know that doesn't help the OP, but it might for those who bought on origin.
    Correct! :thumbup:

It does register but items are not automatic.

I was able to redeem party pack code by using redeem code link at bottom of page.
    The one people are posting does not come up for me right now.

However party pack is now on my purchase history but will not download. It errors out.
    Still have not received my Spirit Pack and the code is not showing up on my invoice either although it does say I should have it.

Thank goodness my game download went reasonably painlessly.

How is one supposed to make a new user account if expansion packs are automatically registered?
  • Options
    mlewisonmlewison Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    LadyTess37 wrote:
    RainbowMom wrote:
    RainbowMom wrote:
    Just downloaded UL and I can't get mine registered on here either. :?

This is the site I went to after I put the code into Origin and it said that the code was already used, thanks though...at least SOME people are trying to help and I appreciate it. I am trying to contact EA again through Live chat AGAIN, and AGAIN I have a 3 hour wait time, which I may just call them on the phone with tech support at (650) 628-1001, but only between the hours of 8 am PST and 5 PM PST which is 9 am to 6 pm Mountain, 10am-7pm Central and 11 am - 8 pm Est

I tried this morning. Got School Spirit OK, but when I tried to use the code for Party Pack and it said the code was already used. It is also not on my Origin download page. ***? What do I do now??? :x
  • Options
    cdavistheriaultcdavistheriault Posts: 105 Member
    edited March 2013
    Sorry OP, off-topic I know. This is just the first I've heard of "automatic" registration. That could explain my "invalid serial code" message, right?!
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited March 2013
    LadyTess37 wrote:
    I pre-ordered my game of University Life on March 1st,2013 through Amazon. When it came available I put in the product key and the pre-order key into Origin's Redeem Codes.
    Well, after it downloaded I opened my game and my pre-order content is NOT there! I contacted Origin and they wouldn't help me, I contacted Amazon and they couldn't help me, so what in the sam hill am I supposed to do? How do I get my items?!?!?! I am highly upset. Amazon tried changing the code for me and when they did, it erased the pre-order code. I tried putting the item code into Sims 3 site BEFORE Amazon changed the product key already been used, SO HOW DO I GET MY FREAKIN ITEMS?!?!?! Can someone PLEASE help me??????
    I also looked in my purchase history and there is nothing new for the University Life there, so WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?

Hi there,

Actually for the amazon item, there were instructions on redeeming this item on ts3.com not origin, what happened is that origin does NOT support 16 digit code redemption, so the codes you have used it, and it was already consumed but nothing happened cause there is no way origin can work this out.

For this item, you have to redeem the codes on the url given or here: www.thesims3.com/incentive/generalredeem or the store's redeem a code page.

What you need to do is talk to CS and request another code for the amazon exclusive.
    thanks
  • Options
    DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited March 2013
    Well I am calling them right now to see if I get the snafu fixed. =/ I don't really want to be out the thing I went through Origin to even get.

So bummed.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Druscylla wrote:
    Well I am calling them right now to see if I get the snafu fixed. =/ I don't really want to be out the thing I went through Origin to even get.

I know what you mean Druscylla! I also want that extra content, especially the motor bike. Did you get your game yet?
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    Druscylla wrote:

I know what you mean Druscylla! I also want that extra content, especially the motor bike. Did you get your game yet?
    It came this morning. Still says in process on my history page...still hasn't even hit my CC LMAO Its so silly.

I think I've been on hold like my whole life it feels like. -_- zzzzzzzzz
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Let me know later if you don't get a code, I will ask CS later if they did.

But as long as you have purchased in Amazon =)

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited March 2013
    Let me know later if you don't get a code, I will ask CS later if they did.

Finally able to log into site again. I am still waiting for a code for Spirit Pack as well. I did get the Party pack, it is on my Purchase History however it errors out when i try to download.

Will check back later. Thanks for coming on here to help

Pre-Order from Origin
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    leyna75leyna75 Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2013
    My codes are all invalid as well. I remember when I had this issue with Seasons, I was told by EA that origin automatically registers the code and then you just have to enter the codes for your items. This go round-nothing. Nothing in my purchase history and the codes are invalid. From reading other posts, people are waiting hours to speak to EA about it. I am going to wait for awhile and see if anything changes but I will not call today cause I know EVERYONE is blowing those lines up! Not that I blame them....irritating to say the least.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited March 2013
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    Automatically registering when ordering from Origin?? Is this something new to this EP? I have always ordered my games from Origin and they have never been automatically registered, I would have to do it myself by going into "My Page". I don't have my game yet (it's currently out for delivery), I hope all these issues with registering and extra content code redemptions are taken care of soon. Looks like I am going to have to contact customer service as they have not even sent me a email with codes for the "school spirit" or "party pack" content. This is gonna be fun! :roll:

Origin automatically registers the DD version if that's what you ordered. But since your game is out for delivery its clear you ordered the physical disk, so you will still go to your my page and register your game there like you always have.

edit to add: your code for the party pack will be inside your game, you won't get an email for that. it's inside the game package.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Tiki5872 wrote:

Origin automatically registers the DD version if that's what you ordered. But since your game is out for delivery its clear you ordered the physical disk, so you will still go to your my page and register your game there like you always have.

edit to add: your code for the party pack will be inside your game, you won't get an email for that. it's inside the game package.

Thanks lizbethbear, I ordered a physical copy, so that explains it! :-)
    Thanks also for the info on the party pack code, that means I just need to contact customer service to get a code for the school spirit pack.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Druscylla wrote:
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    Druscylla wrote:

It came this morning. Still says in process on my history page...still hasn't even hit my CC LMAO Its so silly.

Here's hoping you don't have to wait long!
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    leyna75 wrote:
    My codes are all invalid as well. I remember when I had this issue with Seasons, I was told by EA that origin automatically registers the code and then you just have to enter the codes for your items. This go round-nothing. Nothing in my purchase history and the codes are invalid. From reading other posts, people are waiting hours to speak to EA about it. I am going to wait for awhile and see if anything changes but I will not call today cause I know EVERYONE is blowing those lines up! Not that I blame them....irritating to say the least.

The autoregistering of origin only works for the 20 digit codes, the ones you get with the actual game. It doesnt do it with the 16 digit codes you get for the bonus content.

The bonus content must be redeemed following the instructions they gave you, not on origin.

Thanks
  • Options
    twilight_aerithtwilight_aerith Posts: 653 Member
    edited March 2013
    I got the email for the school spirit pack but it says the code is invalid :(
    Origin ID: Samerella
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    Druscylla wrote:
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    Druscylla wrote:

Here's hoping you don't have to wait long!
    Been nearly 45 minutes. Started to get extremely annoyed. I wanted to get those in my game so I could start playing while downloading Sim city. :P
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have not been able to register my last EP (Seasons), or this one (University Life) on thesims3.com. Both games show up on Origin. The last time, with Seasons, I spent HOURS dealing with customer service on Origin and here on LiveChat, and LiveChat said they'd be happy to register Seasons for me. They said they did, and said it shows up for them....well, y'all can look at my registered games, and it still doesn't show up. I tried to convince them that it is NOT there, but they said it was and not to worry about it. lol I'm not going through that again.

Now, with Uni Life, I have tried both codes I have, the product code, and the pre-order code, for both registering, and for getting the Party Pack and Reg. reward. ...and Yes, I tried the pre-order code on the separate page for the Party Pack. For each code, in each place, I get the message that the codes have already been used. Now, that being said, at the time, last night, there was no separate page, and for the Party Pack, at least that was listed here, anyway, so I entered the code on Origin. Origin said I had successfully entered the code and unlocked the party pack.

As of today, I've not been able to see the party pack or registration reward in my Purchase History, so I'm hoping they'll show up in-game. I'm not holding my breath that they will, however, considering my Seasons game is STILL not registered, months later.

If any Gurus are reading this, I'm hoping you guys can help us to smooth these problems out, if not now, in the future, by giving everyone who purchase the games, clear instructions on what to do where, and when, and what to do when that doesn't work.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    SimGuruRusskii, so when someone tries to redeem the code for the extra content in the wrong spot, that consumes the code even though they don't actually get the content. So then when they try to redeem the code in the correct spot, it says the code has already been used, is this true?
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I have not been able to register my last EP (Seasons), or this one (University Life) on thesims3.com. Both games show up on Origin. The last time, with Seasons, I spent HOURS dealing with customer service on Origin and here on LiveChat, and LiveChat said they'd be happy to register Seasons for me. They said they did, and said it shows up for them....well, y'all can look at my registered games, and it still doesn't show up. I tried to convince them that it is NOT there, but they said it was and not to worry about it. lol I'm not going through that again.

Now, with Uni Life, I have tried both codes I have, the product code, and the pre-order code, for both registering, and for getting the Party Pack and Reg. reward. ...and Yes, I tried the pre-order code on the separate page for the Party Pack. For each code, in each place, I get the message that the codes have already been used. Now, that being said, at the time, last night, there was no separate page, and for the Party Pack, at least that was listed here, anyway, so I entered the code on Origin. Origin said I had successfully entered the code and unlocked the party pack.

As of today, I've not been able to see the party pack or registration reward in my Purchase History, so I'm hoping they'll show up in-game. I'm not holding my breath that they will, however, considering my Seasons game is STILL not registered, months later.

If any Gurus are reading this, I'm hoping you guys can help us to smooth these problems out, if not now, in the future, by giving everyone who purchase the games, clear instructions on what to do where, and when, and what to do when that doesn't work.

I can see Seasons registered on your My Page.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited March 2013
    Anyone speak to Origin about these issues? I cant get the school spirit pack code to work. If not, I will call in a couple of days...I can only imagine the call volume today.

I really want my scooter though :?
  • Options
    leyna75leyna75 Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2013
    Update- was able to redeem sprit pack only. I followed instructions to the email to the letter and still invalid code. I copied and pasted the code for spirit pack and was able to redeem. When I tried for the party pack-no go. I then logged out-in again went to my email and pulled up the redemption page again, copied and pasted and still no go. The only thing I did differently was to copy and paste the code because when I manually typed it in, it was in valid and my code did not have any 0 or o so there was no confusion. To sum up, there IS a problem with redeeming those codes. There is no reason to have to go through this much trouble to redeem exclusive content. I am not one to just try it one way and give up. Following the directions in the email did not help.
  • Options
    twilight_aerithtwilight_aerith Posts: 653 Member
    edited March 2013
    I hope this helps! I used the links provided in the email with my school spirit pack and couldn't get it to work, it said the code was invalid. So after trying for a long time I scrolled down to the bottom of the page and clicked redeem a code, entered the code from my email and it worked. I was able to dl and install it.
    Origin ID: Samerella
  • Options
    debsilva3debsilva3 Posts: 180 Member
    edited March 2013
    My direct download games have never automatically registered when I order from Origin even though they are supposed to. The serial number/codes emailed to me are always invalid so I have to contact customer support to obtain a new code. I never had an invalid serial number when ordering the physical copy.

Even though my game is not currently registered I was able to enter the serial numbers for the Party Pack Bundle and the School Spirit Pack, both of which do show up in my purchase history.

Been on hold now for almost an hour. Hope they get to me soon.
    Please feel free to add me on Origin. My username is mtglady
    I am also mtglady on the awesome Carl's Sims 4 Guide

If you can't talk to your cats about catnip, who will?

• Options
    edited March 2013
    So I just got off the phone with customer service...I can't have my code because apparently the order is actually still in process and they haven't taken the money from my account. But I have my game in hand. I am laughing so hard at the absurdity of this fact I don't know what to do.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif