Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MAJOR PROBLEM~ pre-ordered University cant get items

I pre-ordered my game of University Life on March 1st,2013 through Amazon. When it came available I put in the product key and the pre-order key into Origin's Redeem Codes.
Well, after it downloaded I opened my game and my pre-order content is NOT there! I contacted Origin and they wouldn't help me, I contacted Amazon and they couldn't help me, so what in the sam hill am I supposed to do? How do I get my items?!?!?! I am highly upset. Amazon tried changing the code for me and when they did, it erased the pre-order code. I tried putting the item code into Sims 3 site BEFORE Amazon changed the product key already been used, SO HOW DO I GET MY FREAKIN ITEMS?!?!?! Can someone PLEASE help me??????
I also looked in my purchase history and there is nothing new for the University Life there, so WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?

Comments

• Options
    prettypony21prettypony21 Posts: 193 Member
    edited March 2013
    I can't even play! UL was preventing my game from playing: when I uninstalled my game started working again! :evil:
  • Options
    ScreamForRavenScreamForRaven Posts: 132 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I can't get my pre-order content nor can I register the game. Same thing happened with Seasons...I'm not a happy camper..
  • Options
    LadyTess37LadyTess37 Posts: 42 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I am NOT a happy camper either, I have to wait another few hours to try and call EA on the phone and see what they can do, if anything. I am so mad I could spit nails right now.
    I waited 3 and a half hours to talk to anyone on Origin only for them to tell me they couldn't help me
  • Options
    Dianna07Dianna07 Posts: 61
    edited March 2013
    I can't even register my game :( it's a bunch of letters (no numbers), and every time I put them in I get an invalid serial code message.
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited March 2013
    If I am not mistaken, you have to register your pre-order codes on the site here and then they will show up in your purchase history. You should be able to download them from there.
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    forgiven80forgiven80 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I can't get my pre-order content nor can I register the game. Same thing happened with Seasons...I'm not a happy camper..

same here i can't register my game. says code is invalid. been waiting 2 and a half hours to speak with someone from Orgin and still says i have a 60-65 min. wait... not happy eaither.
  • Options
    AnonniemussAnonniemuss Posts: 10 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Same here. My codes don't work. Why can't Origin release games with working codes? This happened with Seasons as well. I still don't have Seasons registered to get the registration content.

I can't get the class spirit pack code to work at all. I paid for it. I should not have to go through this every time I order sometning from EAs own store.
  • Options
    RainbowMomRainbowMom Posts: 21
    edited March 2013
    Just downloaded UL and I can't get mine registered on here either. :?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Faith12368 wrote:
    If I am not mistaken, you have to register your pre-order codes on the site here and then they will show up in your purchase history. You should be able to download them from there.
    Tried that, I accidentally put the code into the Origin Redeem code and when I went to the proper place to put in the code it said invalid, code already been used
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    RainbowMom wrote:

Okay I was able to get the pre-order items just can't register my UL game on here.

I went to: http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/ep9origin to register the party pack & school spirit bundle.
  • Options
    xVeexVee Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited March 2013
    You all may want to try again since today is now the release date.

I couldn't redeem the extras yesterday because it was the 3rd which is the day before release.

Not saying it WILL work - just a suggestion.

Edit: When I typed in this link yesterday: http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/UniversityLifeRedeem, it didn't work. Today, it does. I'll be able to redeem my items when I get home this evening from work.

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    ohyeahyeah64ohyeahyeah64 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2013
    RainbowMom wrote:
    RainbowMom wrote:

Okay I was able to get the pre-order items just can't register my UL game on here.

I went to: http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/ep9origin to register the party pack & school spirit bundle.

This didn't work for me. It says my code has already been used. This is a bunch of crap. I want to play my game and I want to register my game so that I can use the premium content that I preordered it for!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    RainbowMom wrote:
    RainbowMom wrote:

This is the site I went to after I put the code into Origin and it said that the code was already used, thanks though...at least SOME people are trying to help and I appreciate it. I am trying to contact EA again through Live chat AGAIN, and AGAIN I have a 3 hour wait time, which I may just call them on the phone with tech support at (650) 628-1001, but only between the hours of 8 am PST and 5 PM PST which is 9 am to 6 pm Mountain, 10am-7pm Central and 11 am - 8 pm Est
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited March 2013
    When you buy on Origin, doesn't it automatically register it here? So the items appear in your purchase history?
    I know that doesn't help the OP, but it might for those who bought on origin.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    MissyHissy wrote:
    When you buy on Origin, doesn't it automatically register it here? So the items appear in your purchase history?

So far, my game is not registered on here and I bought it for DD through Origin. But I can put in the codes for the 2 bundles I got for pre-ordering. It seems you don't have to register the game in order to download the bundles.
  • Options
    hencoll1hencoll1 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I got my emails for each of the packs. Is the serial numbers for the Party pack and Spirit packs considered the codes? There is no other numbers or codes in my emails>
  • Options
    JoWoodardJoWoodard Posts: 6 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I preordered, and can't get ANY of the codes to work.
    Update, got the school spirit and party pack , but still not the code for the game itself
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited March 2013
    None of my codes work either. I get messages that either say it's an invalid code or it's already been used. But none of the packs show up in my purchase history.

Is the purchase history supposed to be where the items show up?
  • Options
    WizardOfRozWizardOfRoz Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2013
    Well.... I Pre-ordered from Origin and downloaded this morning. I started it up and was playing for a while. I decided to check, and like many here.... it looks like I do NOT have my special items. So I came to the Sims 3 website to check for downloadable goodies..... but it turns out that as far as the Sims3.com is concerned, I don't even HAVE University Life!?!? WT* SO!! I went back to my Origin account, pulled up my Product code and manually entered my code here to register... but it says my code is invalid!!! What the hell! :( So now I don't know what to do.
    I want what I paid for.
    The whole reason I pre-ordered was get all the extras!
    I hope someone is working on this. *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited March 2013
    xVee wrote:
    You all may want to try again since today is now the release date.

I couldn't redeem the extras yesterday because it was the 3rd which is the day before release.

Not saying it WILL work - just a suggestion.

Edit: When I typed in this link yesterday: http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/UniversityLifeRedeem, it didn't work. Today, it does. I'll be able to redeem my items when I get home this evening from work.

Happy Simming!

it says page not found 2 me
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited March 2013
    MissyHissy wrote:
    Correct! :thumbup:
  • Options
    WizardOfRozWizardOfRoz Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2013
    RainbowMom wrote:
    RainbowMom wrote:

I tried it on here and was told my code was already used?!?! :(
  • Options
    LarryadLarryad Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2013
    I didn't get my e-mail for the bonus content yet again! This is really getting annoying. I received the e-mails for the expansion pack but not the bonus content codes. It's not in my spam folder. The same thing happened with the 70s pack. That took three phone calls and nearly three hours to get straightened out. Honestly why are there so many problems with every release? This is their business for Pete's sake. I guess it just doesn't pay to preorder from EA.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited March 2013
    MissyHissy wrote:
    Correct! :thumbup:

It does register but items are not automatic.

I was able to redeem party pack code by using redeem code link at bottom of page.
    The one people are posting does not come up for me right now.

However party pack is now on my purchase history but will not download. It errors out.
    Still have not received my Spirit Pack and the code is not showing up on my invoice either although it does say I should have it.

Thank goodness my game download went reasonably painlessly.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited March 2013
    Larryad wrote:
    I didn't get my e-mail for the bonus content yet again! This is really getting annoying. I received the e-mails for the expansion pack but not the bonus content codes. It's not in my spam folder. The same thing happened with the 70s pack. That took three phone calls and nearly three hours to get straightened out. Honestly why are there so many problems with every release? This is their business for Pete's sake. I guess it just doesn't pay to preorder from EA.
    :( I don't have the email for my stuff either. Oh I don't WANT to have to deal with customer service all day :(
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif