Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• Options
    HondajdmHondajdm Posts: 13 New Member
    edited March 2013
    @crinrict I'm pretty sure I typed the names correctly and i did try resetsim but nothing would happen. It's possible something corrupted the sims, because it happens when I save and quit when they are doing actions. When I stop everyone's actions it usually doesnt happen, but it happened even after that, so I had to move my family to another town. I dont know if it's the town, Monte Vista,or what it is but I have tried everything others have told me to and the only one that worked was putting them into another town, though all my hard work vanishes. I know you're busy and all, but if you have any other ideas how to stop it, I'd appreciate it.
  • Options
    Koi19Koi19 Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @Koi19: This bug is usually due to a corrupt work outfit.

Take your Sim to the dresser and give her a new work outfit. If the Sim already has more than one, delete the extra ones instead.

Does that mean I can't have alternate outfits for my sims at all? Or is it just temporary?
  • Options
    azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi. I was wondering if this is a bug or issue. Example, when my sim is at Uni, and he grads from Uni and gets his diploma, and his done and ready to go back home. When he leaves, his inventory items (most of them that he collected while at Uni, not the ones from his home) and his diploma disappear completely. Everything is updated to latest patch. I do have mods, but they are NRass mods. Thank you.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    Koi19 wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    @Koi19: This bug is usually due to a corrupt work outfit.

Take your Sim to the dresser and give her a new work outfit. If the Sim already has more than one, delete the extra ones instead.

Does that mean I can't have alternate outfits for my sims at all? Or is it just temporary?

You can. It's usually an outfit that the system added that's corrupt (usually the default one). You just need to do those steps to fix the default outfit. You might need to redo any outfits you have done but you can save the color schemes if you made an custom ones with CaST.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Hondajdm wrote:
    @crinrict I'm pretty sure I typed the names correctly and i did try resetsim but nothing would happen. It's possible something corrupted the sims, because it happens when I save and quit when they are doing actions. When I stop everyone's actions it usually doesnt happen, but it happened even after that, so I had to move my family to another town. I dont know if it's the town, Monte Vista,or what it is but I have tried everything others have told me to and the only one that worked was putting them into another town, though all my hard work vanishes. I know you're busy and all, but if you have any other ideas how to stop it, I'd appreciate it.

Other than putting in errorTrap to see if that can solved the corruption that is probably happened, I have none.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2013
    azul662 wrote:
    Hi. I was wondering if this is a bug or issue. Example, when my sim is at Uni, and he grads from Uni and gets his diploma, and his done and ready to go back home. When he leaves, his inventory items (most of them that he collected while at Uni, not the ones from his home) and his diploma disappear completely. Everything is updated to latest patch. I do have mods, but they are NRass mods. Thank you.

Some stuff does not transfer properly, that's a bug but the diploma should not be an issue. Try removing all mods and see if the issue persists.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited March 2013
    I haven't seen this on the first page so I guess it hasn't been reported yet:

Sims with the Irresistible trait can ask anyone out on a date on the phone, including family (parents and siblings aged young adult and up). I tried this vanilla with only Store content added. My test Sim asked her father (different household) out on a date and when they met the group did indeed get the circling hearts and not the blue group outing plumbobs.

Tech details:
    All EPs up to UL, all SPs up to Master Suite, patch 1.50.56.021002, version 18.0.126.021001, patched manually using the SuperPatcher before adding University Life.
    Several Premium Content items from the Store, Store patch up-to-date
    Windows 7, 64-bit
    i7 3770 3.4 GHz, GeForce GTX 570, 8 GB RAM
    Fresh game, not using a fresh user folder, however. Caches cleraed before start-up.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    And while I'm at it:

(1) Not fixed: Twitching and spinning Sims near horses and other pets (see Seasons bug thread)

(2) Career outfits get messed up when a Sim moves in with another Sim. This is an old bug (Showtime?) and only affects the Sim that moves in or gets moved in. The original outfit is replaced with some random clothing and hair. At first I thought that this was a mod issue, but I just saw it in that vanilla game - twice, to be precise. It is reproducible.
  • Options
    thatonegirl32thatonegirl32 Posts: 130 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've just into this problem where my sim took a picture with her friend, and then that sim turned into a clone of my sim, looks wise. Her personality and name are still her own. I've had sims take pictures with their friends before without this happening, so it's new. The only mod I'm currently running with is Twallans Overwatch.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @Snapdragon: Thanks. I'll be adding that later
    I've just into this problem where my sim took a picture with her friend, and then that sim turned into a clone of my sim, looks wise. Her personality and name are still her own. I've had sims take pictures with their friends before without this happening, so it's new. The only mod I'm currently running with is Twallans Overwatch.

Remove Overwatch. I believe this to be related to the mod.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    ScienceCrazyScienceCrazy Posts: 116 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi, I have no mods or cc. When I enrolled in university all the roommates vanished. Therefore it's just my sim in the dorm. I have tried several times on different saved games. Please help.

Thanks
  • Options
    JordanForsythJordanForsyth Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Ugh. My sim came home from University and None of the phones/computers work!! ( When I click nothing happens on any of them!!) I have tried restarting twice and its still doing it!!
  • Options
    KimxSalvatoreKimxSalvatore Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I sent two sims from a family of five to university, but once I got to the campus it doesn't show the Sims I chose. Instead it's giving me the options to choose a household/create a sim/etc., like starting a new game. The entire family of five is in the library, but I don't want to send all five to University. What do I do? :( I'm afraid to click the wrong thing and lose the whole family or something.
  • Options
    ScienceCrazyScienceCrazy Posts: 116 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Nevermind it appears to have faintly fixed, thanks anyway :D
  • Options
    Fancy101Fancy101 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Another MAJOR uni bug...

So far I have had uni I have sent only one sim to uni and everything was great no problems at all, but my sim grew up, got married, had some kids. I wanted to send one of her children to uni (he is now a young adult) and I send him but the loading screen wil not load anymore after a certain point. I let it sit there for about 30min, check my computers task manager and sims was still 'running' but the game was clearly gliched and I tried to send my sim about 7x and still the same problem.
  • Options
    hallosunflowerhallosunflower Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    hi since i downloaded university life some of my community buildings in the home world have disappeared and i cant find them in edit town either my children sims cant go to school
    i have all the expansion packs and the newest patch but none of the stuff packs
    please tell me what to do
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? cc only
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods none
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)never used
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? NA
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? uni
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? existing
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? existing sim
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? ea
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? dvd
    12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? home world
  • Options
    AUWoofieAUWoofie Posts: 186 Member
    edited March 2013
    When my sims have a lecture in the university hall, that cant physically sit at the desk provides, they do the action for when they cant move. I cant edit the building because it was made by EA and it says i need a cheat.
    I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

There are about 2 chairs that are fine but other sims end up getting them so my sims has to stand up listening to the lecutre
  • Options
    Aran16296Aran16296 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2013

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Both official and unofficial CC along with few mods
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    Yes - Traveler and Tempest
    But the bugs occur also without them with clean cache
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    Yes
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    Both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    Started a new game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    New, I created them.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD version
    12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Home-World this moment

---

My bugs:

1) Whenever I send a single sim, couple or a trio to university for two terms (any major), they won't finish properly their stay. The first term goes well but the second one just ends on Wednesday and not after finals. When the clock switches to Wednesday at midnight, the pop-up of the term is over appears and my sims go home, doesn't matter where they are and what they do. They even don't receive a report card and don't have finals, they just go home instantly, and the term is not over for real.

2) Attraction system has gone crazy! All the sims are attracted to one another, boys get attracted to boys and girls to girls even without earlier same-sex romantic interactions occurred. My female sim has a roommate with her for over a term in the same room and suddenly without any interaction they got attracted to one another. Same with all of my active sims. It freaks me out!

3) Items keep breaking all the time, all the showers, toilets, sinks, computers, dishwasher and stereo get broken all the time. When I call the repairman, he repairs only one or two objects

4) Even when I lock a door for a specific sim, that sim keeps entering the room although he can't...

5) Roommates (both dorm roommates and home-world roommates) don't take care of their needs. They have their own rooms with beds assigned to them, they can access the bathroom, and I put them a mini-fridge in their own room, but they keep complaining about being hungry, exhausted and all that stuff

Hope that there will be a solution fast, University is a great EP, but it is the most glitchy expansion pack ever! EA increased the rate of releasing expansion packs and it can be seen very well, the expansion packs maybe include great content but they're poor made, and I believe that they aren't checked properly prior to the release. It really disappoints me, especially after a decade of playing The Sims series.
  • Options
    n8hawkn8hawk Posts: 172 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Okay, I have a big issue any help would be great. My main Sim has a degree in Fine Arts. I sent him back to Uni to get one in Tech. Even though he could get the degree in one term the game sent him home. Once home he had no job anymore (singer level 7) and didn't get a Tech degree. Didn't even get called to a graduation ceremony like the first time. So, I sent him back again, this time for two terms as before. Sent home again without a graduation or a degree and got his report card, but it was for Fine Arts NOT Tech. When I got home again I checked the history and it shows Fine Arts as finished and in gold and Tech as almost finished. Any help or suggestions?

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? Yes
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? Yes
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? N/A
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version? Yes
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch? both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? new
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? transfer that I created years ago.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom? EA (the one for Showtime)
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Win 7 via BootCamp on a Mac
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? I NEVER use Origin download. Always DVD.
  • Options
    devonnedevonne Posts: 5 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Since I installed university life I can't click on any sim! Whenever I click on sim (active and non-actve) nothing happenes, no interaction, no animation whatsoever. I created new fam and it's all the same.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? official and unofficial cc and mods
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods no
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? yes
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? I did played my existing one but then created new game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? transfered
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? download
  • Options
    dagny1dagny1 Posts: 45
    edited March 2013
    After Sim goes to Uni & has kids, those kids cannot go to Uni: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/657185.page
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I think I have some additional information with regard to the spicy food animation glitch:
    Before patch 1.50 there was already an animation problem when Sims ate spicy food while seated on a bar stool. The spit fire and let off steam animation seems to only exist for Sims seated in chairs, so Sims on barstools sunk into the stool in a seated position when the animation was due.
    Maybe patch 1.50 tried to fix this because Sims that I leave on their own now get up from chairs and stools before they play the animation but the animation itself still forces them into the seated position.
  • Options
    PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited March 2013
    2 new reports on another pet issue. I personally haven't tested this, but, 2 different people have said that horses can't have foals - they just have the "give birth" action over and over. The pets list on the left is flooded with blank boxes and the horse is still not giving birth to an actual foal, it's just coming up with her giving birth and naming a foal over and over and over. Has anyone else had this problem? I might have to make a test family and see. If this is indeed another issue, I wonder if dogs and cats will be affected. I rarely let pets have babies. I get enough strays at my active sims door. I always figure if I want a kitten, puppy, or a foal, that I can always adopt through the shelter (I have neighborhood adoption turned off - I started hating that - it was getting to be too many pets in the neighborhood through that).
  • Options
    JDSpencer80JDSpencer80 Posts: 38 Member
    edited March 2013
    I saved after she exits the building from graduation. then she heads home and waits for the moving van, and the same thing happens, she leaves, I get the prompt for heading home and about re-enrolling but then exits the leave action and is stuck there, can't interact with her at all. so I exit without saving and re-open the previous save and now it doesn't show my sim...this is annoying, this is the second sim that I have lost due to this. the first time, I thought it was something I did. but now ready everyone else's posts I see that it's an obvious glitch within the game and I truly hope it's fixed
  • Options
    thatonegirl32thatonegirl32 Posts: 130 Member
    edited March 2013

Remove Overwatch. I believe this to be related to the mod.[/quote]

Thanks.

But now I've run into the problem of invisible sims. It's at the point where I can't see the plumbob, but my sim is still able to talk to them.

Edit: It's started in the Uni town, I'm unsure if it's a problem in the homeworld.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top