Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• GingaNinja96GingaNinja96 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi. I pre-ordered the Sims 3 University Life, eager to begin gameplay. The first week of playing was flawless. But now, all it does is glitch, bug, and cause me problems and frustration.

Here are some of the glitches and issues I am encountering:
    1) It randomly freezes up all the time and crashes my whole computer.
    2) The game itself crashes after freezing
    3) The time gets stuck at 12:59am
    4) My sim finally received enough credit to graduate, was a level 8 rebel, and it was time to go home. But then the van never took her home from the university world and every time I hit "Go Home" she would just go to a random lot. I figured it was a bug so I "resetsim *" but then everyone disappeared. She was no longer in her avatar box, she was unplayable. I went to the main menu and the game said that the world I was playing in gad no selected family being played, but it wouldn't let me change active household.
    5) Sometimes my Sims grades slip to disgusting levels although they study and go to class everyday.
    6) One time, my game was a few seconds away from crashing, my sim was using his business presentation thing. He was at a class activity session then it started making very loud beeping and buzzing sounds. I hit pause, it still made the sounds. I unpaused, and my game crashed.
    7) Sometimes the snack bar barista refuses to give my sim what he/she ordered.
    8) Sometimes, after my sim orders something at the snack bar, he/she puts it down (for no apparent reason?) and then the barista cleans it up.
    9) Whenever my sim is making street art but gets caught, she is told she is being fined 1000 simoleons, but the money is never taken away.
    10) Whenever my sims try to woohoo on a dormitory lot, it says there is no potential lover on the lot. (But they are a couple and have full relationship status)

Keep in mind, I have no mods or custom content. Only the Sims 3 stuff and expansion packs.

Also, the "Party Pack" content does not appear in my game? I pre-ordered the game, so I got the Limited Edition that was supposed to come with the party pack. How do I download it?

I have been a Sims addict for over 8 years, and I hate that I am unable to enjoy the game due to these bugs and crashes. I have deleted cache, temporary, etc files on my computer; run several virus scans; cleaned everything out of my recycle bin and nothing helps. I just want to play the game without having to be smothered with frustration.
  • sunnshynnesunnshynne Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi, I am having an issue with my game not loading completely since I bought University. I unintalled and reinstalled twice but it will not make it past this loading screen. I've been trying to play with a vanilla game but I still get the same results. My game is patched to 1.50. 2i7llvm.jpg
  • SimGuruConnicusSimGuruConnicus Posts: 73
    edited March 2013
    1.9 sims in total (7 in my dorm) have died while playing Uni.

2.Mainly Sims from my dorm are not bathing, sleeping or eating (leading to their deaths), this is ruining my game play because my active Sims are constantly mourning and having to rebuild relationships.

3.Fires have been repeatedly breaking out in my dorm (from the stove.)

4.I have Bonehilda on my lot but she is not cleaning up all of the dishes.

5.I am also having the issue of Sims crowding up Uni. doorways.

I have no mods, never used them, I have Seasons and the patch 1.50, I am playing an existing game, they are newly made Sims, I use Windows 7 and DVD version of U.L.
    :D xx

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some more information about this issue you've been seeing, would you mind answering a few questions

1. Since you're using an existing game, if you starts a new game, does the issue still happen?
    2. Does it affect only roommates, or all NPCs in the world?
    3. Does it affect your playable Sims if you lets them run autonomously?
    4. Do the Sims just stand around doing nothing? Or are they so busy doing other things that they never attend to their needs?

Any Information you can get me will be very helpful!

• ElfCharm666ElfCharm666 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Hello,
    I have this weird problem. Since I've tried to clone myself with the ZRX-9000 Science Research Station I got this error.

She was cloning herself and when the process was almost over she flinched and stood next to the Station. And there wasn't a baby, just a blanc avatar box. After that I tried it again. Same thing happened again, so then I quit.

The next day I wanted to play again and there where two babies on my family's picture's of the saved game. So I thought it was fixed or something, but that wasn't it. I now only saw the mother and not the game screen. I could click for actions for her, do everything but her avatar box menu was nowhere. Couldn't click on any other sim (not that there was any baby I could click, çause those two wheren't anywhere."

So I switched to edit town, added an other random sim. Merged it with my family. Split the family and gave the random sim the two babies I couldn't see. And deleted those three.

That one is solved, but when I tried to adopt a child the same thing happened. Blanc avatar box, no child. The Social Worked wouldn't go away.. so I couldn't edit the town.
    So I think I have a major children problem.. and I think it will effect my adult sims as well.

I want to have a normal running game and have kids again! :(

ps. I don't have any weird mods, only stuff from the Store and some random hair downloads.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited March 2013
    Crin it's being reported the barnacle bay mailbox is missing in buydebug since installing university. I haven't checked myself but thought I'd let you know. Also it's being reported in the same thread Aurora Skies hairs are missing since installing universities.

Link to thread
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/659573.page

Quote from Idon
    OK--I was able to get into my game on this old computer. The last time I played the Sims on it was the middle of December.

The Barnacle Bay mailbox is in buydebug there, but it is not on the computer I am currently playing with ... leading me to believe somewhere (patch or University Expansion) it disappeared. So does anyone else have suggestions/ideas? Do you think re-installing Barnacle Bay on my new computer would help make the mailbox show up in buydebug?

Thanks.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @halloweenchild: I'll add to the existing issues.

What I meant was do you get a set of them when you start the Uni (say 3 or something) and then the 3 show up all the time or does it get more over time so that you end up with 20 or more (just an example) ?

@DJQ1308: Sounds like that Sim has a corruption issue. Can you try uploading the Sim to the exchange so I can download ? Post a link here when you're done.

@LadyMelda: I'll add

@ragyn: On the list. See first page for solutions

@Hamitchell: On the list. See first page for solutions

@GingaNinja96:

1. Have you tried resetting all Sims in town with the cheat resetsim * ?
    2. Please read the first page for suggestions. You might need to post in the technical part of the forum with this
    3. Here's some info on that issue although 12:59 is new time: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/02/bug-clock-stops-at-a-certain-time.html

Is it reproducible every day ? Wonder what alamrs fire at that time.

4. That has been reported. There's a thread linked on the first page. Could you post there ? Did you invite anyone to the graduation ?
    5. Does it matter which Sim ? What are their traits ? I'll add
    6. What was making the sound ? The game or your Computer ?
    7. Does the drink disappear or does nothing happen at all ?
    8. I'll add
    9. I'll add
    10. Did you try doing other interactions beforehand or just going straight to woohoo ? What object are you trying on ? Bed ? Shower ?

Info for the party pack can be found here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/09/how-to-redeem-the-limited-edition-content.html

@sunnshynne: Please answer the questions in the second post

@SimGuruConnicus: Hey thanks for coming by. Really appreciate that.

@ElfCharm666: Could you try if the same issue (adoption) happens in a new game as well. I'll add

@catloverplayer: I'll add

Need to postpone the adding some more. Need to go grocery shopping. I'll probably do the adding tomorrow evening before I leave for my long weekend. It's not a whole lot and I don't feel there are any new developments that desperately need adding.

Thanks for the reports.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• DJQ1308DJQ1308 Posts: 39 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Crinrict

I had deleted my Aurora Skies family already and then tried to play another pre-existing Sim family and it was the same. Just went in to upload that family and it seems to be ok now.

Not sure what was happening there. Maybe deleting the corrupted family fixed it? I haven't been back to Uni yet, so hopefully this problem won't crop up again when I take another family to Uni.

Thanks so much for you help. I appreciate it.

• RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited March 2013
    Major Glitch has happened, I downloaded some tattoo's from the Exchange and went to try them in game, only one of the tattoo's appeared, but I did add a EA made tattoo to one of my sims, so I saved the game and uninstalled the tattoos and now when I go into game the sims are frozen, I tried reset and moving to a new house and nothing works, and when I moved them to new house the sims disappeared!! I now own University
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • kwillagkwillag Posts: 277 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have an issue with were-wolves resetting. Now this problem has persisted since Supernatural,sorta fixed with nraas MC, but now with UL they reset upon entering the Uni town. I don't know if this also occurs with the WA towns, I have also had them reset after using the exercise machine. This issue really makes were-wolves a hassle and turns me off of playing them.
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:

Hi Crinrict

Thanks for the help of looking into that issue I had questions about, I've been looking through the forums to see if I could find any more info, I was wondering if You've seen any other fans with the similar issue (Roommates dieing a lot) or have any info about it yourself in case SmileySimolin doesn't respond for awhile. Any help you have would be spectacular!

Thanks Again :)
    edited March 2013
    @SimGuruConnicus: There's a few reports linked on the first page (Roommates don't tend to their needs). I don't have more info then what those users say. Unfortunately I'm not around this weekend but maybe if you opened a new thread here and have people answer your question could get you the info you need. I can add the link to the first page.

I haven't really seen anything along these lines at the AnswerHQ where I mostly help out these days and didn't have the time to really play myself, so I did not see this issue myself.

Answering the rest later
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• sunnshynnesunnshynne Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)I reinstalled now playing with clean game
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Not using any
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? I have both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? No
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Vista
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? download
    12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? Home-World

The game won't load no matter which world I try to play.
    edited March 2013
    @DJQ1308: As long as it's solved, I'm glad :)

@Rubysim: Did you try a factory reset ?

@kwillag: Please answer the questions in the second post

@sunnshynne: Please post in technical

blue2-rule-04l-whitevxcj.gif

Okey. Tomorrow is the last day of me doing the bug thread. I have some unexpected RL work to attend to after my long weekend so I'll be focusing on other things Sims wise as time permits.

I'll be adding the stuff that I didn't tomorrow and I might come back to read on Sunday but I feel that most bugs have been identified and now it's time to find solutions.

With the bigger issues, it's probably all coming down to mods. Twallan has already put in some fixes. Use traveler and ErrorTrap and I think most issues should be fine. I really wish EA would acknowledge those two major issues and/or tell us what we can do to help but at this point I resign on this. There's only so much I can do.

I'll see you guys around. Have as much fun as you can.

Crin out
    AHQ Tutorial

• joneilnhjoneilnh Posts: 161 New Member
    edited March 2013
    "Serial Code Issues

DO NOT GO HERE! Contact Customer Support"

Thanks . . . for nothing! :-(

"Contact Customer Support" - Yeah right! And wait 40-45 minutes for the Live Chat because that is the ONLY way that they will allow conact.

I don't know about EA employees but I HAVE A LIFE and don't have 45 minutes to waste waiting on an answer to what should not be a difficult question.

I bought the game through Origin. I plug in the serial number given to me by Origin -- the SIMS website's registration page REJECTS the serial number.

Now I understand why my adult son and his friends claim that EA has the WORST customer service reputation in the business.

• KittiezKittiez Posts: 47 Member
    edited March 2013
    This only started recently, but it's rendered my game unplayable.
    Whenever I go to Save my game, it never completes the save, and just has that spinning wheel up, for hours if I were to let it.

Thinking it was due to my multi generational household, I made a brand new game but it gave me the same problem. :( I don't have any mods installed but I do have some premium content from the store.

Windows XP
    Patch 1.50
    I have Seasons in.
    Using an EA map (one is Appaloosa, the other Twinrbook.)
    My versions are all the downloadable.
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited March 2013
    Another problem's cropped up.

Ever since getting rid of the problematic Store Content Fix mod, my game's been riddled with errors. And each time an error occurs for the Sim I am playing at the time, her grade resets and her grade bar disappears again (which is easily resolved by a quick resetsim, but you know).

My computer/game information has already been posted, but I can try to fill it out again if necessary.
  • janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi Crin,
    I just wanted to say thank you again for all that you do here. You are always so helpful and it is appreciated. Thanks again! :)
  • DJQ1308DJQ1308 Posts: 39 New Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:

Hi Crinrict

Thanks for the help of looking into that issue I had questions about, I've been looking through the forums to see if I could find any more info, I was wondering if You've seen any other fans with the similar issue (Roommates dieing a lot) or have any info about it yourself in case SmileySimolin doesn't respond for awhile. Any help you have would be spectacular!

Thanks Again :)

I had this happen in my 1st time at Uni, everyone but myself and the girl who shared my room died from starvation on the last day before I got sent home. It didn't seem to happen the 2nd or 3rd time I went to Uni however.
    edited March 2013
    joneilnh wrote:
    "Serial Code Issues

DO NOT GO HERE! Contact Customer Support"

Thanks . . . for nothing! :-(

"Contact Customer Support" - Yeah right! And wait 40-45 minutes for the Live Chat because that is the ONLY way that they will allow conact.

I don't know about EA employees but I HAVE A LIFE and don't have 45 minutes to waste waiting on an answer to what should not be a difficult question.

I bought the game through Origin. I plug in the serial number given to me by Origin -- the SIMS website's registration page REJECTS the serial number.

Now I understand why my adult son and his friends claim that EA has the WORST customer service reputation in the business.

And I don't work your EA and can't help you with this.

Invalid Serial Codes are NOT a bug with the game and that's what this thread is all about.

Oh and look, there's a sticky about registrations issues: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/656133.page
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    AHQ Tutorial

edited March 2013
    @Kittiez: Please post in technical

@mizuru007: Did you try a complete factory reset and did you see if the same errors occur in a new game (just for troubleshooting purposes.

@janvel831: Thanks hun. I know, most people do :)

@DJQ1308: Could you answer the questions, SimGuruConnicus on the page before this one ? Thanks.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @Rubysim: Did you try a factory reset ?

I am sorry I not sure what this is?? Please can you explain?? and Thank you!!!
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    edited March 2013
    Renaming of the user folder. See first page.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited March 2013
    DJQ1308 wrote:

I had this happen in my 1st time at Uni, everyone but myself and the girl who shared my room died from starvation on the last day before I got sent home. It didn't seem to happen the 2nd or 3rd time I went to Uni however.

Hi DJQ1308,

Few questions about the issue, I actually have another thread up if you wanna check it out, any info is much appreciated

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/661298.page#10490593
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Renaming of the user folder. See first page.

Thank you!!!
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
  • SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, I invited all the friends my sim had to her graduation, and the queue was too high for her to get in the building to graduate and said "time to go home! and she couldn't cancel entering the building. So I had to ResetSim which took her back to the dorm, but unable to try to go to graduate again.Had to wait another day till a message popped up, saying , "YOUR JOURNEY HAS ENDED! Time to go back home!" and click of a button I'm back in her original town :/

However she did get a Job offer in all three of the Nerd, Rebel, and Jock field, however there is nothing in her inventory that says, "I graduated" of some sort.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top