Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• ShiverGirlShiverGirl Posts: 252 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Kiss and Make Up reaction reverted my sim couple back to love interest and no matter what I do, Rebound Kiss will not work. I played Sims 3 without Twallan's mods and just some clothes CC and hair.
  • coolgirl65coolgirl65 Posts: 401 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Because EA is monitoring this, I'm putting this up, so maybe they'll fix
    it. I have no mods or downloadable content on my game.

When I start the game, at the menu and during game play the little box with my profile picture and username just says username.

It is impossible for me to play on sunset valley because, after I choose a house to move into the screen doesn't even load it just sits there.

I also can't move into any university homes because I have the same problem as I do with sunset valley; the game doesn't go into loading mode.

Please EA if you read this, fix these bugs, I payed 40 dollars for this game and I'm not exactly pleased it's not working correctly.
  • ShallaeShallae Posts: 3,166 Member
    edited April 2013
    MiyuEmi wrote:

University Life new bugs:
    - Sims walking inside the ground, thought bubbles appear just above ground level and while my sims can talk to them if they start the conversation, I can't select the other sim to change interactions.

I've had this bug since, I think Pets. So I don't believe it to be a university issue. Very annoying none-the-less though.
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited April 2013
    Shallae wrote:
    MiyuEmi wrote:

University Life new bugs:
    - Sims walking inside the ground, thought bubbles appear just above ground level and while my sims can talk to them if they start the conversation, I can't select the other sim to change interactions.

I've had this bug since, I think Pets. So I don't believe it to be a university issue. Very annoying none-the-less though.

Yeah, after I made this post, my daughter said she'd seen it before University.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • sim_gamer_333sim_gamer_333 Posts: 23 Member
    edited April 2013
    Having a BG compatibility problem. I cannot move into a dormitory because the BG does not recognize the Uni EP. All of the new items show up, but there is no description, just the price, also the meet and greets do not work either. The community lot names do not show up. I don't know if any other people are experiencing this problem, but it really limits your ability to play.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? yes
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? no, i took them out
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) yes
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? yes
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? tried both
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? tried both
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? university world, sunset valley
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. dvd
  • simmer79simmer79 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm having issues with my sim not being able to drink from the Keg. She's not pregnant, she can watch the kegstands, and she can refill the keg... She just can't drink from it .... is this a bug?
  • Candycane751Candycane751 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    my sim is stuck in the hospital. she has her child and then she pops out and has another after another. Also, for a family i made before i got university. It doesn't recognized the baby is in the family. So, babies are bringing trouble. Another thing with the family hat the mother is stuck in the hospital.i saved before she went when i replayed. i went back on later when i stopped playing without saving and now no one in the family but the mother is there.
  • SharnyaYSharnyaY Posts: 116 Member
    edited April 2013
    Is anyone else having a create a sim crash problem after updating to the university patch? All of my script mods are updated.
  • SharnyaYSharnyaY Posts: 116 Member
    edited April 2013
    my sim is stuck in the hospital. she has her child and then she pops out and has another after another. Also, for a family i made before i got university. It doesn't recognized the baby is in the family. So, babies are bringing trouble. Another thing with the family hat the mother is stuck in the hospital.i saved before she went when i replayed. i went back on later when i stopped playing without saving and now no one in the family but the mother is there.

Did you try reseting her when she is stuck in the hospital?
  • rosahegerosahege Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2013
    I've noticed saving problems after patch 1.50.

If there's snow on the ground, and I choose to save the game, the saving-screen seems to get stuck. It saves forever. The game doesn't crash or freezing, it just save in iternity, so I have to force the game to quit. Also when the game is loading/working (like when youre about to move out a sim etc) this happen.

Saving the game when theres no sow works fine. So it is the snow.

I never had this problem before the University patch.
  • AyriaMAyriaM Posts: 223 Member
    edited April 2013
    I thought there was a recent update that fixed weather within roofed in areas. Still noticing it happening with University Life venues. The video I attached is of the pool (swimming) building, and although covered, the man is using his umbrella, since it's raining outside. He's been using it throughout the game, so I don't think it's an "inappropriate" trait.

th_publicpoolunirainroof_zps0a0c55c1.jpg

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? no
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? no
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? Restored computer to factory settings, since then no mods - so it should be wiped clean.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? n/a
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? University Life & Patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50.56021017
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing family moved in via edit town
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing sim
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA: Appaloosa Plains
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7 64bit
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Download

• MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited April 2013

Are you using mods? Specifically a story progression mod or other large mod like that?
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • mkandlrmkandlr Posts: 27 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I have a problem with my UniLife pack. My sims don't gain any influence in any social group no matter what jobs/dares they do. When I check on the smartphone, nothing shows up as having been done (for example: my sim did 10 dumpster dives, but the smartphone still said zero). Also, my sims cannot use the major-specific objects. My science major can't do anything with the skeleton, the sim will get the option to study, but then shows up on another part of the screen. My sims can't use the grafitti paint kit, nor can they do anything with science machine. And lastly, my sims can't go bowling, although when you click on it, it gives you the option. Again, when they try to go bowling or play table tennis, they start and then show up in another part of the screen. Although they can play juice pong.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never used them.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? University Life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Tried Both.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Tried both ways.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? XP
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

Please answer the following questions with every bug report

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Uni-World.
  • dougas2dougas2 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm having an issue with my Sim not returning home after 2 semesters of University. He does not have enough credits to graduate yet. I saved the game before trying to return him back home. Here's what's happening: the semester finishes, the game attempts to take him back to his hometown - the load screen for the hometown starts up, the loading bar gets to 100% then the game reverts back to the University town. Once in the university town I can see his needs bar but not his picture nor his avatar. The game also loads up his Frat brothers like I can control them, but I can't. [I hope all that makes sense]

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never used them.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? University Life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? whatever the latest one is.
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing game.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New sim - had him for a while before Uni game out.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Custom.
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Uni-World and homeworld. The sim seems to be stuck in limbo between the two.

Update: Tried NRaas's error capture tool and the game crashes at startup.
    Tried editing the uni town, and more specifically the frat house with my sim. The game is acting as if no sims live in the house when I try to edit. I ended up changing the lot type to residential and now all the sims there are gone, including the one I had been controlling.

When I tried to edit the hometown from the university edit town menu, I get stuck in a loop where the hometown will try to load then kicks me back to the university town.

Any help with this would be appreciated.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited April 2013
    I've looked through every glitch reported and I haven't seen this one, apologies if I missed it. I've noticed some sims appear to have sunk below the floor and you can't see them at all, only their thought bubbles or if they're holding something (for example if a sim gets a drink at the bar you can see a glass right against the floor). They appear to still be able to move around freely and interact with objects normally. I can't click on them at all so I don't even know who they are to try and reset them and see if that works. And it's hard to know how widespread the problem is because unless I see a thought bubble they're completely invisible.

Here's a picture of one of the sims I've come across with this problem. The glass moved across the floor. Note how they were still able to use the bar as normal.
    2c8ebb9a-d41f-406f-abc2-7198356b891b_zpsec968483.jpg

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Yes both, from trusted sources.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    Yes - Twallans SP, Overwatch, Woohooer, Decensor, Relativity.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    -
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    Yes
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    I have Uni Life

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    Playing with old sims that were saved to the bin, but in a new save game.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    See above.

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA, Starlight Shores.

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Win 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    Mix of both (Uni was digital download from origin).

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Both the home world and uni world.
  • waterspirritwaterspirrit Posts: 21 Member
    edited April 2013
    My Sims will not go to work and when I try to make them it instantly disappears!!
  • ZangiryZangiry Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Not sure about its been reported, but 60 pages of bug reports was just too much to read, honestly.

Anyways, after getting back from university ALL my stocked food in fridge was gone, had over 500-1000 of each fruit/vegetable and about 100-200 fish of every type (up until Showtime)

all the hours tending garden, fishing and prowling for seeds wasted.... :(
  • ghfkghfk Posts: 152 Member
    edited April 2013
    Yeah... this just happened when I decided to bring my sims on over to the university "Meet and greet"

At first I thought there were just a few mascots..

wtfglitch3.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was wrong. It's a sims 3 alpacolypse.

wtfglitch.png

wtfglitch2.png

...I'm actually not sure if I mind this glitch. It's pretty entertaining. xD
  • PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited April 2013
    Just reporting another bug I just noticed the other evening. I've had at least two different couples get married and they received wedding gifts in the mail and I noticed with both couples that the option to write thank you notes wasn't there and I know it was there before patch 1.50 and University. Don't know if anybody else noticed this or not. Before patch 1.50, I know it was there because I had someone get married and the option to write thank you notes was there. Hope the Guru's look into this as well.
  • KestraKestra Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Just got university life, and my first sim has finished her degree. She has a job. But she cannot "go to work" - it just drops out of her queue as soon as it appears. I've even tried taking her to the building to click "go to work" from there, but it doesn't work. Any suggestions?
  • ClionaJClionaJ Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I think I have solved the problem to the returning home issues.
    I like everyone else had the problem of the moving van arriving my sim getting in only to appear back outside of it again ending up stuck in the university world. So out of frustration one day I decided to object/delete it the van just after my sim appeared back outside of it and voila the travelling home screen popped up and I was back in my home town. My guess is the attachment issue is something to do with the moving van and by deleting it while your sim is in the middle of moving, deletes the problem.
    I hope this helps everyone else because I know its been driving me crazy.
  • TheBlackRose0990TheBlackRose0990 Posts: 67 New Member
    edited May 2013
    My sims can't interact with others. They have the options that are there before you greet anyone but when I greet a sim they both jump and snap back to where they were. It has only happened recently. I can't even pic up a baby. (I'm not currently in a university world)

I did install overwatch to try and fix my family tree (my teen had randomly been disowned) I have uninstalled it since.

I have tried the game without cc and mods.
    I have tried moving my family out and into another world.
    My graphics card is good.
    My pc's memory is good.
    I'm using windows 7 (if that's important)
    I have a downloaded version of the game from origin.

I don't know what to do, I couldn't find this glitch anywhere else. Please help?
  • christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited May 2013

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Yes tons
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    I have MC, Traveler,Saver,Debug,and Overwatch
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    took them out and did a sweep with delphy's tools
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    yes
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    latest
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    exsisting
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    3 Y/a teenagers from a pre-made family.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Ea sunset Valley
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Vista
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    yes

My sims have no class schedules have removed caches and will try again just thought i'd post here but of course I come when crinrict isn't commenting anymore :?
  • Nerwen666Nerwen666 Posts: 59 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi. First I have to say that I'm sorry for my bad english, but I can't find solutions on the French Forum. Hope someone will help me here, if I am understandable. :?
    My problem : Empty UI when arriving at Uni.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? → Yes, both
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods ? → I use the MasterController, the Decencor, & some others
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? → I did
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? → I have UL
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? → I don't know how to know at which one I am.
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? → Existing ones
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? → Existing Sim
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? → EA
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? → Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? → DVD Version

I tried to send my Sims to University without my mods & my custom contents, but nothing has changed. :(
  • LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited May 2013
    Bug: My smart phone will not let me "view" photos i take. It allows me to take a photo, but when i click "view" photos the box is empty.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top