Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• Options
    jamirflydjamirflyd Posts: 40
    edited March 2013
    Hello @crinrict

My problems in game are:

1) In home world, my sims will just freeze and if I switch characters in the same household I will never be able to switch back to the frozen sim. I have even tried to use cheats to delete the sim but I can't do anything to them.

2) Also pregnant sims in the home world will NEVER give birth! The action will come up to give birth and then vanish and repeat this FOREVER! I'm thinking uni life's attempt to take out getting preggers in uni has affected the home world as well.

3) My sims are NEVER able to attend classes. There will be a some many sims trying to go to class and even if I get my sims to their class an hour early they will NEVER go in at all or go in with only 30 mins left.

4)It is practically impossible to raise my sims academic bar in uni. I will have this study for HOURS on in (using cheats) and the bar will barely change at all. :cry:

5) I planted a forbidden fruit, and when I went to go pick it my game went crazy. I believe around the time my sim went to pick it problem 1) happened.

Is EA ever going to fix these plethora of bugs/problems? I'm starting to wish I never bought this ep it has only caused trouble. :evil:

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @Ruby: Is it solved ?

@Salanti: You mean you don't have the diploma ? I think that happens if you're not attending the graduation. I would not invite anyone next time and go to the Anex early.

@jamirflyd: Are you using mods in your game ? Please answer the questions in the second post

1. Did you try to reset them ?
    2. This is an existing issue. Resetting sometimes works
    3. Have you tried getting there even earlier ?
    4. What traits does your Sim have and what major ?
    5. Was it that pregnant Sim that picked the fruit or another one ?

blue2-rule-04l-whitevxcj.gif

This concludes my work here. I will check in on Monday to see if there any more new issues that desperately need answering but I'm not answering everyone anymore.

You're of course still welcome to post and help each other. I sincerely hope someone from EA will still read and maybe even post.

Good Luck and Happy Simmin
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited March 2013
    I tried the factory reset like you suggested. In the temp new hood the lag was very little but not nearly as bad as it was before. It was not untill I put my save back in that the lag got bad again, so i'm going to try moving my sims to a new save and see how that plays out.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have a weird glitch....When my sim orders tea from the coffee shop, she pays for it and as soon as she gets it, she tosses it away, and never drinks it.:/ This doesn't need an immediate answer, though I do hope EA fixes it, as I can only order coffee and have them drink it.Teas are glitched.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Yes.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    Yes- Story Progression.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Yes & Yes.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Yes
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? Both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New Game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA- Sunlit Tides
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download from origin
  • Options
    AChrisD87AChrisD87 Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2013
    Badges not showing up in game that I have not completed in University Life and I can't save my game at all it keeps getting stuck on the SAVING icon. Have started over 5 times and same result!
  • Options
    missgothikamissgothika Posts: 40 New Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? no
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods / no
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) , took them out.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? i don't have any.
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? University life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? the current
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? existing one
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? existing sim
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? lunar lakes
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? vista
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? download

I'm in the week 9 at uni and the notification for graduation hasn't come up. i'm in an infinite loop of clases, none credits for the terms. i don't know what to do than just drop.

• Options
    DrkFry15PlaDrkFry15Pla Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    I am having an issue with the Photography Skill. So far it only has 3 categories for photo categories, Seasons, Supernatural and Generations. It keeps telling me when I take a picture of something "You have unlocked a new category" but it does not show up in the list.

-Nicole

EDIT: Also when I take a picture of something in the list of things in the category the number under how many times picture taken stays at 0.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited March 2013
    I started a new world, sorry this was before I found out about the factory reset, no problems now
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • Options
    jamirflydjamirflyd Posts: 40
    edited March 2013
    @crinrict or anyone else who can help since crinrict has gone on break lol.

Crinrict questions to my problems on page 56:

1. Did you try to reset them ? I don't think I've ever reset a sim. How does that work? Is it in testingcheatsenabled true?

2. This is an existing issue. Resetting sometimes works When did pregnancy begin doing this? I have not noticed this before I got Uni Life.

3. Have you tried getting there even earlier ? I think the earliest I ever tried getting a sim to class was 2 hours before the class started, but my sim will just stand there. Even if they have the action to go to class. I also noticed on Thursday I believe when we have those out interactive classes that my sims class and professor also could not get to class.

4. What traits does your Sim have and what major ? I have had this problem with communications and science and medicine (those are the only two majors I've tried so far.

5. Was it that pregnant Sim that picked the fruit or another one ? Yes. Though I'm try to remember if she had her baby then I got her to try and pick it or not. I think she had given birth, I tried to pick the FF and then canceled the action and all hell went loose. Now I can not save a pregnant sim to my saved families because they will never give birth.
  • Options
    HondajdmHondajdm Posts: 13 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Hiya :mrgreen:. I read your post and everything but I still dont understand something. I have two bugs: in university, i began my second term and saved and when I reloaded the game, i was back to the first term so I had to do everything all over again. And, when I save the game and come back, in like the regular town, one of my sims are like, i dont know, uncontrollable. You cant speak to them or do anything to them, you cant delete them, if you move them out with somebody, they stay suspended at your house and you cant travel or move or do anything, and when you move them into a house in edit town and try to hang out with them, they say their busy, even though they are never home, until they finally move out of town or are kicked out of their house, nowhere to be found. This happened to me twice on completely random sims. What does that mean? Is that happening to anyone else? If so, and if you fixed it, can you please tell me how to?
  • Options
    ResseResse Posts: 54 Member
    edited March 2013
    Anyone experienced any glitches with this interaction? My married sims were arguing and I made one of them kiss and make up with the other and it ended up changing their relationship status from married to romantic interest.

This happened to me before also with another save file... i just never realized until now that this interaction caused it.

Im not sure if the appearance is based on personality or not. The sim who used it was family oriented and the second time a hopeless romantic.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @Resse Actually, that kind of happened to me, the two sims were dating,and the girlfriend accused the boyfriend of cheating, they kissed and made up, and they became romantic interests. I wasn't too worried,because I could just make them go back to dating again. But, I think that its because one partner was mad at the other that when they made up,they called their relationship off and went back to the beginning. I dont know, I could be wrong, but that's what I think. Hope I helped. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hondajdm wrote:
    @Reese Actually, that kind of happened to me, the two sims were dating,and the girlfriend accused the boyfriend of cheating, they kissed and made up, and they became romantic interests. I wasn't too worried,because I could just make them go back to dating again. But, I think that its because one partner was mad at the other that when they made up,they called their relationship off and went back to the beginning. I dont know, I could be wrong, but that's what I think. Hope I helped. :mrgreen:

No this has to be a bug or else it would mention in the sims memory that they divorced.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @catloverplayer Aw okay. So, what would you do if you had this issue? It's not really ruining my game right now because it only happened once, but I dont want it to continue and become an issue later.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @jamirflyd I had the same issue, issue number 1, that happened twice to my same family for no reason. I dont think there is anything you can do with them unless you move your whole family to a new town or you move that sim out, not kick it out, thats a disaster, but like move it out using the town because using any other way to move them out would prevent any future travels and moves. Also, to answer your question for issue 1, you first enable that cheat, then you put resetsim first name last name, like for example, resetsim kasey pinkypie. I hope your other issues get fixed. I havent tried picking the Forbidden Fruit yet, but now I'm scared that may happen so... :XD:
    @crinrict For your first question, even though its not really directed at me :mrgreen: , i personally have tried resetting the frozen sims, but they just stay where they are. They dont react to anything, their eyes and head like almost never move, rarely. It's kind of creepy, lol :lol:. If you have any advice, please help! I'm kind of freaking out right now.
  • Options
    linarwinglinarwing Posts: 113 Member
    edited March 2013
    So, since this thread has already slowed down considerably, I will check back on Sunday, March 24th to see if there is anything major that needs adding but I won't answer everyone anymore. I know the time invested is shorter then in previous bug threads but I have planned this weekend (without Sims) a long while ago and I really don't feel like answering 3 days worth of new posts, especially on a weekend so I think this is a good point to wrap things up.

The bad bugs have been identified and now I will try to find infos on how we can prevent them. I am still checking in on those two other threads and see if we can find a common denominator. Also watch my blog for new info.

I just checked your BLOG to see if you had, indeed, identified what was causing the problem I had with the LTWs, periodic wants, and the UI disappearing when I changed households, which then caused even more problems. I didn't see the answer, except for a slight mention of one mod, which wasn't one that I've ever had.

I have, however, discovered what caused the problem in my own game.

I had, before, tried to identify a single mod in my game, but even when I took out my entire mods folder, the problem still happened, with no relief.

Starting yesterday, however, I got desperate and decided the time had come to completely uninstall my game (after backing up my game files, of course), and to start over. I did that, and this afternoon I began playing to test things, in a methodical way.

After installing everything EXCEPT my mods folder, my game was in perfect working order...no problems whatsoever.

After making a backup of of THAT game folder, just in case, I re-introduced my mods folder. BOOM. There was the problem once again. OK! At least then I knew that it was, indeed, one of those mods.

Like before, I removed all the mods, but this time, after the reinstall, that solved the problem once again--no more game problems.

So I began to re-introduce my few mods, one at a time. By the time I got to the last two (successfully), I realized that it MUST be the velocitygrass' No Automatic Memories mod. In my game, I have the DISABLE MEMORIES control set, so I figured that was probably what was causing the whole thing.

I reinstalled the other of the last two...no problems.

Then I added in the No Automatic Memories mod, and BOOM. There were all the problems once again. Removed it again, and the problems disappeared immediately.

Why that didn't happen when I tested all that BEFORE reinstalling, I don't know for sure. I can only assume that there was something holding in memory somewhere (even though I had removed all the caches, etc., and had removed all mods more than once), that was still causing the conflict.

I've just written a note in that mod's discussion at MTS, because velocitygrass has been having a discussion about this with some others, I discovered tonight, but he has kept saying there should be no problems.

I think the problem actually only (probably) happens when the DISABLE MEMORIES control is used...not when the other two options might be used. I didn't go so far as to check that out, because I honestly don't want ANY of the memories in my game, so I am content with just taking out the mod, now that the game itself DOES actually turn off the memories (which it still wasn't doing for me, before Uni).

I hope this will help others who have still had this problem. At long last, I now will be able to actually play Uni! Hooray!
  • Options
    TeddyJaxxMiley11TeddyJaxxMiley11 Posts: 19
    edited March 2013
    My game keep locking up and crashing also I had pre-ordered my game it was suppose to come with the scooter and it didn't come with that at all it came with the other package but the scooter never showed up ? I need help with all of these issues :shock:
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@mizuru007: Did you try a complete factory reset and did you see if the same errors occur in a new game (just for troubleshooting purposes.

Tried it and the errors still occurred. I'm definitely sure that it's because of Sims using store items/queuing store items, so I've gotten rid of all store items that can be used (decorative items cause no problems). Has there been an updated Store Fix that we know for sure doesn't cause the schedule problems like the older one did? Because if not, that's a looooot of content that I can't use anymore.

@Linarwing: I highly recommend nraas' Master Controller. There's an option available that completely stops the creation of memories, as well as deletes all created memories. Not to mention the mod is updated regularly, so you don't have to worry about complications.
  • Options
    girlygirl2799girlygirl2799 Posts: 36
    edited March 2013
    All of the sketches my sim make say "Missing Texture"
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @TeddyJaxxMiley11 Did you check your purchased content in your store account? It should be there. It also depends when you pre-ordered it. If you pre-ordered it before origin added the scooter, you wouldn't have gotten it. Also, that happens to me, if I dont save within about 30 minutes or shorter, my game wont save, it freezes and crashes.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited March 2013
    All of the sketches my sim make say "Missing Texture"

This happened to me too, I was told to delete my cache files, so I did and then it worked.

If you don't know how: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files
  • Options
    Koi19Koi19 Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    I just reinstalled Sims to my laptop. Created a family, then got UL. After one semester, my male sim could no longer go to work, as a scientist. I had him quit and get a part time job, same thing. He went through two more semesters, but still can't work. I haven't tried the non rabbit hole careers yet, ie stylist and fireman.

My female sim was at level 7 in her career, went to uni for a semester, now the same thing is happening.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @missgothika: Did you try a complete factory reset and did you delete the cache files ?

@DrkFry15Pla: Any mods ?

@jamirflyd:

1. You use the cheat resetsim firstname lastname (name of your Sim)
    3. Does your Sim have the special item for his major ?
    5. Could be connected. Try if resetting (or moving the Sim out and back in) helps with that as well.

@Hondajdm: Sounds like something corrupted the Sim. I can only think of Traveler and ErrorTrap Mods for fixing.

Are you sure you typed their names right ? Have you tried resetsim * ?

@Resse: Was there any cheating involved on either part (could have happened without you realizing it)

@linarwing: Did you update the mod ? I have my own version of the no memory mod and have no issues with it but then again, the disable memories doesn't work properly for me. It does while I'm in a game but resets when I restart the game.

@mizuru007: Yes, as far as I know it's been updated.

@Koi19: This bug is usually due to a corrupt work outfit.

Take your Sim to the dresser and give her a new work outfit. If the Sim already has more than one, delete the extra ones instead.

----

Rest should either be answered by someone else or has either a solution on the first page or is listed there or just doesn't belong here.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    AUWoofieAUWoofie Posts: 186 Member
    edited March 2013
    My sims can never finish university.

They had a 12 day term, and then it got down two 4 days and then the counter reset itself back to 12 days. This is the second time it has happen.

I actually think it has something to do with seasons. When a new season starts the university counter goes back to 12.

I've used Mods in the past back have taken them out, and i have reinstall UL
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Mitch656 wrote:
    My sims can never finish university.

They had a 12 day term, and then it got down two 4 days and then the counter reset itself back to 12 days. This is the second time it has happen.

I actually think it has something to do with seasons. When a new season starts the university counter goes back to 12.

I've used Mods in the past back have taken them out, and i have reinstall UL

This happened to be twice before too. It probably has to do with the seasons because when I changed the season for the second term, it brought me back to the first term. I think you should disable the seasons and see if that works. That's what I've done, and so far, it hasn't reset.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top