Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BRAVE NEW WORLD - CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited February 2013
    Rubysim wrote:
    @ ErnesaT, Thank you for the lovely gift!!! Please check in on the Valentine thread!!!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/625266.page

Your welcome and thank you. Will check now.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited February 2013
    ErnesaT wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    I see Nesa...

I know we got layers....

I still don't get the dividing way...

so say if this is right... please

people pick a groupe and a lot size.

the lot size determens their budget
    the group what the lot needs to represent AND for each groupe there is a winner
    you can turn in 1 lot pr. group... and in theroy they could all be bassed around the same shell.... (imagening that it is campus house remodeled by the groups)

did I get that right?

Anette, you are correct, except, it does not have to be a Uni house. It can be any house updated for a uni student. I'm updating the first page with this info. Thank sweet friend.

ok got it...

but it is to be made to be used by uni students...

it could be fun if 1 person build a house and then, entered it decorated diffrently for all groups.... I like to see that... like you will often fins an area with houses mostly alike near the uni, but inside they so difrent...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    GigidawnGigidawn Posts: 898 Member
    edited February 2013
    Count me in!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    That's very ineresting, Anette. I may "borrow" that for future contests. I just think there are too many groups to do in this contest.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Gigidawn wrote:
    Count me in!

Counted and welcome. :mrgreen:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ErnesaT wrote:
    That's very ineresting, Anette. I may "borrow" that for future contests. I just think there are too many groups to do in this contest.

borrow all you want...

I love how I can see many areas of housing where they originally where build the same, over the years the changed slightly... some painted the windowframes... got a new porch... got a garage... added to the house... but you can still see it is "the same" house as next to it....
    I allways imagen what renovations time have given the inside?
    or how do diffrent people decorate the same space....

if people enter more than ones here they could stile use the same house
    if I was to enter (don't have energy) I very likely would build 1 house, give it the basic, save to bin... and then make my entries in that... even if I made more than one entry... using the same house....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    cherryberrybloocherryberrybloo Posts: 4,293 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Who knew $30,000 could be so restrictive?! Haha! I had such a crazy spark of inspiration, I can't wait to share it.
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited February 2013
    This is a great contest idea Ernesa....I am a "maybe" for now...I have a lot going on in RL so if I have time, I will submit an entry. Thanks for hosting! :D
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hey Nesa, I would love to help sponsor, oh please can I? *jumps up and down, squealing like a little girl* :mrgreen:
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited February 2013
    Liam; Add 1500 to the sim pot 8)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited February 2013
    Nesa, I am a good judge, I think. It just takes me forever as I agonize over the points.
  • Options
    jorygomesjorygomes Posts: 2,119
    edited February 2013
    definately count me in for this!!
  • Options
    samanthajane26samanthajane26 Posts: 3,183 Member
    edited February 2013
    My game/computer is giving me real issues lately, but since the budget and lot size will keep these builds on the smaller side and lighter in content I should be able to get them to run in game. With that in mind, if you want an extra judge I can help :)

Hmmm.. on a little side note though, I won't be getting the EP when its released and I don't own all the SP's, but I do own alot of store content and all the worlds except MV. But if you need me let me know!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    in teory some judgeds could judged by picture...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Who knew $30,000 could be so restrictive?! Haha! I had such a crazy spark of inspiration, I can't wait to share it.

:lol: That it is. It's student housing, after all. I don't know too many students who can afford to splurge on housing. :P
    Sandraelle wrote:
    This is a great contest idea Ernesa....I am a "maybe" for now...I have a lot going on in RL so if I have time, I will submit an entry. Thanks for hosting!

I'll be more than happy to have you.

Hey Nesa, I would love to help sponsor, oh please can I? *jumps up and down, squealing like a little girl*

Liam; Add 1500 to the sim pot

Hello Bandcamp. You know I'm more than happy to have you. Thanks so much for the contribution. :lol:
    ciane wrote:
    Nesa, I am a good judge, I think. It just takes me forever as I agonize over the points.

I used to do that to. It goes away, after a while. :lol:
    jorygomes wrote:
    definately count me in for this!!

You've been counted. Welcome 8)
    My game/computer is giving me real issues lately, but since the budget and lot size will keep these builds on the smaller side and lighter in content I should be able to get them to run in game. With that in mind, if you want an extra judge I can help

Hmmm.. on a little side note though, I won't be getting the EP when its released and I don't own all the SP's, but I do own alot of store content and all the worlds except MV. But if you need me let me know!

you can still judge. The system will replace stuff with balloons. Just look at the pictures and you can tell what's been replaced. You don't have to have the EP either. The majority of our entries will be based on what is currently available. My end date only allows for last minute entries or people who wish to change their houses before the deadline.
    anettesb wrote:
    in teory some judgeds could judged by picture...

So true. I do it alot. Especially is it's not something major.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    samanthajane26samanthajane26 Posts: 3,183 Member
    edited February 2013
    The only thing that doesn't seem to replace is counters, no idea why. I have judged a couple of times, and the counter thing had me having to rely on pictures, its why I see the screenshots as so important! I did notice the date would allow for those who will add the EP as soon as its released, so if you don't mind that there will be a possible small reliance on screenshots to fill in bits then I'm happy to judge if you need, I have so much stuff its not really a big issue and a good imagination for when the game drops in the base game substitution :wink:
  • Options
    InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited February 2013
    Already started on my build! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @ Samanthajane ....... You'll do fine. :-)

@ Invisible Lyndz ...... wow. That was fast. What size lot, group/theme did you chose?
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ErnesaT wrote:
    @ Invisible Lyndz ...... wow. That was fast. What size lot, group/theme did you chose?

:lol: Couldn't resist!

I chose 🐸🐸🐸🐸 themed and the 30x20 lot size..
  • Options
    Angel_D0109Angel_D0109 Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi Ernesa!
    I will enter this competition for sure! Hopefully I'll be able to put in a lot for each category. :)

Thank you for hosting, and thank you so much to the generous sponsors as well. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @ InvisibleLyndz .... I can't wait to see what you choose.

@ Angel_D .... Glad to have you.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Off of page 3.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    morning how are you today?
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member
    edited February 2013

Hello ErnesaT
    Do add a Link to your contest here....
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/639388.page#1020

Of course you are not stepping on your toes. Please do not change the contest its a brilliant idea and soon as I can I will enter. :-) I look foreward to seeing your Ad on my thread.
    Hill
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ErnesaT wrote:
    The houses were either too small or strangely shaped

:lol::lol:

Oops :wink:

That's the house I've made alright... hehe!