Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BRAVE NEW WORLD - CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    tigertotstigertots Posts: 1,865 Member
    edited February 2013
    I can help judge if you still need help hun?
  • Options
    InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited February 2013
    I will probably upload mine later this evening... really quick and probably rushed but I don't think I can do anymore to it without going over budget :P
  • Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited February 2013
    May I volunteer my services as judge and if you need it custard checker
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited February 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    morning how are you today?

I'm well, thank you. How are you?
    Hello ErnesaT
    Do add a Link to your contest here....
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/639388.page#1020

Of course you are not stepping on your toes. Please do not change the contest its a brilliant idea and soon as I can I will enter. I look foreward to seeing your Ad on my thread.
    Hill

Thank you. That's very kind. I will post. I'm currently waiting for a new siggy. :D

[quote=ErnesaT wrote:
    The houses were either too small or strangely shaped

Oops
    That's the house I've made alright... hehe! [/quote]

:lol:
    tigertots wrote:
    I can help judge if you still need help hun?
    I sure can use the help. Thanks so much, Tiger.
    I will probably upload mine later this evening... really quick and probably rushed but I don't think I can do anymore to it without going over budget

Did you try using free stuff out of buyDebug? On another note, since there is still plenty of time, feel free to use the same house and choose another group.
    May I volunteer my services as judge and if you need it custard checker

Yes. You most certainly can be the Custard checking judge. :lol::lol::lol: Custard maked me nuts. I can't figure it out and my Delphy's Dashboard doesn't like me anymore.

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'me fine Nesa.. but tirred... just had a nap (3 hours) it helped... now it is 6:30 pm... gota find dinner
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    I'me fine Nesa.. but tirred... just had a nap (3 hours) it helped... now it is 6:30 pm... gota find dinner

Wow the time difference is amazing. It's only 5:00 p.m. now. I'm still at work for another hour.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    GigidawnGigidawn Posts: 898 Member
    edited February 2013
    Since we can enter more then once, here's my first build. I figured I would build a second one after Uni comes out so I can add some items from the EP to the house.

ENTRY FORM:

1. Your Name Gigidawn
    2. Lot Name Islander Uni Roomies
    3. What group type? Islanders!
    Lot Size/Price: 20x20 $29,159
    4. Description: Decorated with a beachie-ish theme. Palette: Sunshine Gold, Happy Yellow, Oceanie Green, Seafoam Green, Beach Blanket Purple. 2 Rooms - one bedroom, one study. Kitchen with dining room table and living room. Small garden and lightly landscaped on the outside. All appliances are upgraded to self cleaning - I prefer self cleaning then unbreakable.. that way when they do break, you can work on handiness skill! 20x20 lot, fully furnished for $29,159. (Oh, and this would look great in Sunlit Tides too!)

Oh.. I also tried to keep the store items SUPER light!

Edit: Oops for got the screenshots :oops: (please say you will view this in game, I have some really crappy screenshots!)
    Screenshot-70_zpsa0c4f8ea.jpg
    Screenshot-71_zpsa2b0c7a4.jpg
    Screenshot-74_zps69e37047.jpg
    Screenshot-75_zps14c96713.jpg
    Screenshot-76_zps8e5acd2b.jpg
    Screenshot-79_zpsd59c692c.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited February 2013
    I like your beach themed house for the Islanders group Gigidawn :) I like the themed names of the shades of colours that you used ! Nice design of the house.
  • Options
    GigidawnGigidawn Posts: 898 Member
    edited February 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    I like your beach themed house for the Islanders group Gigidawn :) I like the themed names of the shades of colours that you used ! Nice design of the house.

Aww Thanks! I made those names up all by myself! :wink:
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi Gigidawn I just spotted your home on the exchange and Rec'd right away, its such a lovely and sunny build with great recolours as I like the stripes :) always smart too. The stones/plants is a very nice idea (must do sometime :wink: ) and great to have some harvest for cash and snacking on.
    Hill

Edit
    spelling...not enough sleep.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hello ErnesaT, a couple question's..
    If I do a Hippies house can it be in list F? as it wont be Carnival or Circus themed. I always picture them travelling in the painted car/van so I thought nomad or is it average Joe?
    (f) nomads (gypsies/carnies)- carnivale feeling, circusy

Also I was thinking of an Eco home, what list? I was thinking average joe?
    Sorry to be a pest.
    Hill
  • Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited February 2013

Islander Uni Roomies
    by Gigidawn - Custard checked - Clean
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Are we allowed to make a compilation of images but in only five images... if that makes sense? Like a collage, so there are more photos but still only on five/six actual ... photos :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    1. Your Name InvisibleLyndz
    2. Lot Name The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Hideout
    3. Lot Size/Price30x20
    Furnished: $39,651
    Unfurnished: $15,142
    3. What group type? f) nomads (gypsies/carnies)- carnivale feeling, circusy
    4. Description

Well, what can't you do in this fantastic lot? It may look small and pokey, and it may look like someone couldn't decide what colour they wanted to paint the walls... but this is an excellent place to start out if you're one of a kind!

Included: Bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, diner, study area. Outside is where the fun really starts! Needs some quick cash? Look no further! You have gardening, bees for honey, a fruit and veg stand, painting, chess, guitar, hidden gems and rocks, wine... and much more!
    Many things upgraded! Even comes with a laptop!

It's a small abode filled with endless possibilities! :mrgreen:

Download link: Coming soon, having issues with uploading.

Photos:

Untitled-1-1_zpse66a22c4.jpg

2-4_zpscba52d3c.jpg

3-3_zpse5c3265a.jpg

4-4_zpsa5e22e60.jpg

5-3_zpsdd19902d.jpg

6-2_zpsadaf0598.jpg

*Sims, bills and paper not included.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    oh cute...

you just gave my an idea...

when uni gets out you could use a lot like yours and have it both in the uni hood and home world... and have your sim work as an ST preformer.... but go to uni when saved enough money.... imagening they travel in the carvan....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    oh cute...

you just gave my an idea...

when uni gets out you could use a lot like yours and have it both in the uni hood and home world... and have your sim work as an ST preformer.... but go to uni when saved enough money.... imagening they travel in the carvan....

Thanks! That's what I think I was going for, since they're gypsies and like to travel :lol:

It says my lot has been uploaded but I can't see it... would someone mind checking my exchange page please?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Gigidawn wrote:
    Since we can enter more then once, here's my first build. I figured I would build a second one after Uni comes out so I can add some items from the EP to the house.

Oh.. I also tried to keep the store items SUPER light!

Edit: Oops for got the screenshots (please say you will view this in game, I have some really crappy screenshots!)

You're the first complete entry. YAY!!! It's good. I just ask that you go to page one and update your entry form. I had to change it to allow for lot size and price, although you did add them. Thank you and good luck!

BTW, Store stuff is fine. I own all of it.
    Hello ErnesaT, a couple question's..
    If I do a Hippies house can it be in list F? as it wont be Carnival or Circus themed. I always picture them travelling in the painted car/van so I thought nomad or is it average Joe?
    (f) nomads (gypsies/carnies)- carnivale feeling, circusy

Also I was thinking of an Eco home, what list? I was thinking average joe?
    Sorry to be a pest.
    Hill

Hill, I updated the categories on page one to add hippies. They are not nomads nor are the average Joe. :mrgreen: I don't know how I left them out. As for your ecological sims, they would be average Joe.

Also, Please update your entry form. That was also changed on page one. Thanks.
    Islander Uni Roomies
    by Gigidawn - Custard checked - Clean

Check! Thanks.
    Are we allowed to make a compilation of images but in only five images... if that makes sense? Like a collage, so there are more photos but still only on five/six actual ... photos

Yes. You are not a pest. As long as we can see the pics, that would be great.

Don't forget to update your entry form, as it's been changed.

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    nop can't see it... you might got the uploade glitch.. so you might have to go ingame agian and retry to uploade (slightly change the name)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ErnesaT wrote:
    Don't forget to update your entry form, as it's been changed.

This is probably really obvious... but what do you mean it's been changed? Like edited? Am I not allowed to edit my post?

EDIT: Nevermind I got ya!

And I've tried uploading three times now - the first failed with an error, so I went back in game and uploaded it again. This time it went through, but is not on my my page so I did it again (slightly different name) and it went through but it's still not on the site... what do I do?
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Thanks ErnesaT for adding them. Btw today I built an Alien home for 4 on the 30x20 size plot. I am enjoying the contest already thanks.
    Hill
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @ InvisibleLyndz .... You already updated your form. Thanks.

@ Hill ..... I'm glad you're having a good time. I wanted this to be a fun contest.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited February 2013
    aricarai wrote:
    Love this idea! :mrgreen:
    Bookmarking!

:lol:

You? Entering another building competition, who would have guessed it! :twisted:

Hehe, couldn't resist.

I must admit this caught my eye too... maybe I might enter, let's see what I can come up with in my week off soon.

There's so many that suck me in! PEOPLE OF GG, STOP SUCKING ME IN! Haha! I'm still thinking about it, but I'm sure I'll spit something out :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It's okay, lil sis. You can play in our sandbox. There's plenty of room. :lol:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited February 2013
    ErnesaT wrote:
    It's okay, lil sis. You can play in our sandbox. There's plenty of room. :lol:

*throws sand* Yaaay! I'm lurking in the sandbox at the moment, but I'm sure I'll get out at some point and have a little dig into the construction zone! Mwah sistah! Have I told you lately how genius this contest is? :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    If I still can't upload my lot by the 14th, will I be able to send an attachment in an email with it in?

EDIT: Nevermind I don't know why I thought 14th, it's open until the end of March :roll: I'm sure I can work it out by then!