Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Laptop* Graphics Card Information Zone [CALLING LAPTOP SIMMERS FOR A SURVEY + LAPTOP HELP HERE]

Comments

• Options
    craziebirdcraziebird Posts: 405 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

I heard that those seeking laptop advice should stop by this thread, so I am wondering if you could help me decide on a new laptop. I have an amazing and supportive boyfriend who decided that he would like to buy me a new computer for teacher appreciation week (I teach 6th grade math :)) However, I do not know what type of computer I should get. I want to be able to run the SIMS 3 and all EPs and SPs, but I do not need to play on the highest graphics setting.

I have an HP laptop right now and it plays the game alright, although with the last 2 EPs, I have noticed an increase in lag and some (minor) performance issues - also my current machine gets really hot while I play (even with a cooling pad).

Ideally, I would love to keep a laptop, but I know that the better gaming computers are desktops for a variety of reasons. What I'm wondering is if you (or anyone else) has any suggestions of decent computers for a reasonable price?? I would love to get an HP, but am open to just about anything other than Samsung and Toshiba.
  • Options
    summermistx3summermistx3 Posts: 1,537 Member
    edited May 2013
    craziebird wrote:
    Hello,

I heard that those seeking laptop advice should stop by this thread, so I am wondering if you could help me decide on a new laptop. I have an amazing and supportive boyfriend who decided that he would like to buy me a new computer for teacher appreciation week (I teach 6th grade math :)) However, I do not know what type of computer I should get. I want to be able to run the SIMS 3 and all EPs and SPs, but I do not need to play on the highest graphics setting.

I have an HP laptop right now and it plays the game alright, although with the last 2 EPs, I have noticed an increase in lag and some (minor) performance issues - also my current machine gets really hot while I play (even with a cooling pad).

Ideally, I would love to keep a laptop, but I know that the better gaming computers are desktops for a variety of reasons. What I'm wondering is if you (or anyone else) has any suggestions of decent computers for a reasonable price?? I would love to get an HP, but am open to just about anything other than Samsung and Toshiba.
    Hey there! Happy Teacher's Appreciation Week! I'd love to help you choose a laptop, just give me a price range. I don't really like to recommend HP laptops as they love to heat up and will eventually wear out your graphics card. But with maintenance it's not that bad. While I help you search, you can also go on a hunt for one at your favorite stores by looking at my laptop checklist. If you do find something, feel free to come back and link it to me so you can get input on how well it'll work.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    SummerMistx3,

Thanks! I'm hoping to keep it under a grand, but slightly over might be possible (probably the absoolute max is $1300).

I saw this one which seems alright from what I can tell based on your checklist: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+EliteBook+15.6"+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Silver/1304924405.p?id=mp1304924405&skuId=1304924405

And I know what you mean about HPs loving to heat up! We keep the AC on while we game so my computer can stay a little cooler, lol.

What brands do you highly suggest?
  • Options
    SimolialiciousSimolialicious Posts: 16
    edited May 2013
    gugg3466 wrote:
    i know i uninstall pets i had to put all settings down it wasnt that bad actualy..settings were down reflection, tree, sims details, all of it and after 20 minutes it crashed ..i spent 3 days looking for answer on here and found it yesterday that it is my graphic card..im playing seasons with no problems almost all settings r high :) sorry i dont know how to put picture on here :(

First : Take your screenshot by pressing C while on The Sims 3 game after taking your pictures quit the game and go back to your Sims 3 Luancher.
    Second : Upload pictures to your Sims 3 Community Account click Uploads tab check the boxes that you want to send then press upload.
    Third : Go to the Sims 3 Community website, Log In your Account then go to your My Page
    Click on My Studio Tab and go to your pictures that you took screenshots in Sims 3.
    Fourth : Right click the picture you want to post on the forum select Copy Image URL
    Fifth : Go to the forum you want then click post reply. Now this takes you to the screen where you do your writing remember the picture that you had copied just a minute earlier well this is the trick to getting your picture onto the forums.
    NOTICE THE SILVER BOXES ABOVE IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE [u} {Quote] [Code]
      [Img][/img][URL] [Google] IN THAT ORDER. NOW THE SILVER BUTTON WERE GONNA USE IS THE [Img]WE WANNA CLICK ON THIS BUTTON FIRST :[/img][Img]THEN WE WANNA RIGHT CLICK THE MOUSE AND SELECT PASTE : IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE A BUNCH OF LETTERS AND NUMBERS NEXT AND THIS IS THE TRICK : RIGHT AT THE END OF THAT SENTENCE OF LETTERS AND NUMBERS CLICK THE SILVER BUTTON[/img]AGAIN. YOU SHOULD HAVE THE WORD[Img]AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SENTENCE AND AT THE END OF THE SENTENCE CLICK PREVIEW OR SUBMIT BUTTON TO SEE THE RESULTS. HOPE THIS HELPED :mrgreen:[/img][/url]
    • Options
      xocutiepiexoxocutiepiexo Posts: 228
      edited May 2013
      This thread is very helpful, thank you!
      I wondering if I could get help with choosing my new laptop?

I just can't decide. Its so hard finding the right laptop.

There is this laptop which appeals to me and i've done quite a lot of research. But I thought i would just post here for the final verdict ;)

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15r-5521/pd?oc=n...104&model_id=inspiron-15r-5521

I was just going to opt for the intel core i5 because its a bit more in my budget range, but there is the option to go for intel core i7 with all the same other specs.

Oh, I should probably mention, this laptop will be used for just internet browsing, some school work, and mainly to play the majority of sims 3 expansion packs on mostly high settings!
    • Options
      BambooEaterrrBambooEaterrr Posts: 2,831 Member
      edited May 2013
      So this is where you're always hiding, Summer! :lol: This thread is such a good idea, it's really helping me search for a new laptop (will hopefully get one soon, crossing my fingers :P) :D But.. I think I've searched so much now, that I'm confusing myself and I just can't seem to find a laptop that meets all my requirements lol (yeah.. they're quite specific - I'm very picky :lol: ). So I was wondering if anyone in here know of a great one that has all the things I want :P

- Intel i7 processor, quad core, 2,4 Ghz at least
      - 8 GB RAM, mininmum 750 GB harddrive with SSD as well (and 7200 rpm)
      - NVidia GeForce GTX660M graphics card with 2GB dedicated (or better of course ;))
      - 17"/17,3" Full HD screen (LED of course :P), with anti-glare
      - Battery that will hold at least 3-4 hours of work-time
      - Optimal cooling
      - Not a cheap plastic chassis that twists easily
      - Able to play blu-ray
      - Great sound
      - Preferably weigh no more than max 3,0 kg

So.. That's my very modest list :P I'm gonna use it to play the Sims (of course lol) - own most EP's, SP's and a lot of store stuff + have a lot of saves -, AutoCad (newest edition) and just general stuff. So it really needs to be powerful lol, I had a macbook pro before and it just crashed completely when trying to run the game, even with only a few EP's - poor thing :lol:

I found this one, it's impossible to find a review of that specific model though and the other GE70 series reviews I've read, mention a really really cheap chassis :hunf:

http://www.onyougo.com/msi-ge70-0nd-434ne-notebooks-specs_pi1979577e2

Hope I'm not asking the impossible lol, I'm kinda beginning to think I am :lol:
    • Options
      Andres53548Andres53548 Posts: 41 New Member
      edited May 2013
      Thanks so much for creating this thread!

I'm starting college next year and I'm looking to buy a laptop that I can use for my studies and also to play the Sims. I would like it to be able to run the game smoothly with all the EP's at high settings.

I've been doing some research and I'm really feeling this computer here:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-ENVY/C2Y54AV?HP-ENVY-dv6t-7300-Quad-Edition-Notebook-PC

The graphics card the computer comes with is an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, but I can customize it before buying and I'm thinking of upgrading it to the NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 635M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video memory.

I've heard great things about HP laptops and how well they run games, but I'd really love to hear what you think. Would you suggest me buying this model? Or is there another option that you feel is better? Perhaps one that offers the same at a cheaper price?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, but I'm clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff :?

Thank you!
    • Options
      edited May 2013
      Hi Summer,

I wanted to update you and let you know that my boyfriend surprised me by picking out and setting up a new computer for me yesterday. Turns out he had been doing quite a bit of research himself and really wanted to surprise me :) I'm sorry to have wasted any of your time, but I'm glad I stopped by your thread - you are very knowledgeable an thorough regarding laptops and the Sims. Your expertise is greatly appreciated!
    • Options
      edited May 2013
      craziebird wrote:
      Hi Summer,

I wanted to update you and let you know that my boyfriend surprised me by picking out and setting up a new computer for me yesterday. Turns out he had been doing quite a bit of research himself and really wanted to surprise me :) I'm sorry to have wasted any of your time, but I'm glad I stopped by your thread - you are very knowledgeable an thorough regarding laptops and the Sims. Your expertise is greatly appreciated!
      Hi craziebird! I'm really sorry for the delayed response, but I'm really glad to hear that! Congrats on your new computer :D You won't go wrong with a desktop (am I correct?), you'll always be able to upgrade and know it'll last you a long while compared to a laptop. And thank you for the kind words! :)

There is this laptop which appeals to me and i've done quite a lot of research. But I thought i would just post here for the final verdict ;)

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15r-5521/pd?oc=n...104&model_id=inspiron-15r-5521

I was just going to opt for the intel core i5 because its a bit more in my budget range, but there is the option to go for intel core i7 with all the same other specs.

Oh, I should probably mention, this laptop will be used for just internet browsing, some school work, and mainly to play the majority of sims 3 expansion packs on mostly high settings!
      Hey! Welcome back!
      I see why the laptop appears appealing but I wouldn't really recommend it to you due to the processor reaching only 2.70GHz. My laptop list prepares you for Sims 4 (months away!) so I would at least suggest a processor that goes up to 3.0GHz for Intels so you'll be on the safe side. There are i5 processors that go up to 3.1GHz-3.3GHz. Of course i7s will be able to hold more tasks at once compared to i5s but i5s aren't bad. i7s will also eat more battery just in case you're a college student and i7s have been noted to make laptops hotter when combined with gaming with a medium-high end graphics card. But they're not bad, if you can find a laptop within your budget with an i7, that's a win. Do you mind telling me your budget range? I was looking at laptops for you and just got curious.
      Post edited by Unknown User on
    • Options
      edited May 2013
      So this is where you're always hiding, Summer! :lol: This thread is such a good idea, it's really helping me search for a new laptop (will hopefully get one soon, crossing my fingers :P) :D But.. I think I've searched so much now, that I'm confusing myself and I just can't seem to find a laptop that meets all my requirements lol (yeah.. they're quite specific - I'm very picky :lol: ). So I was wondering if anyone in here know of a great one that has all the things I want :P

- NVidia GeForce GTX660M graphics card with 2GB dedicated (or better of course ;))
      - Optimal cooling
      - Able to play blu-ray
      - Great sound

So.. That's my very modest list :P I'm gonna use it to play the Sims (of course lol) - own most EP's, SP's and a lot of store stuff + have a lot of saves -, AutoCad (newest edition) and just general stuff. So it really needs to be powerful lol, I had a macbook pro before and it just crashed completely when trying to run the game, even with only a few EP's - poor thing :lol:

I found this one, it's impossible to find a review of that specific model though and the other GE70 series reviews I've read, mention a really really cheap chassis :hunf:

BUMBOO!! :D Heh, yes, this is one of my hidden headquarters. Thank you! I'm really glad its helped you! Ah your requirements put into one are too perfect! But the MSI laptop you found is great! Meets most of your requirements. Given what a beast that laptop will be, you'll most likely have around 2 hours of battery life if not less, that's completely expected. I'm sure the laptop is very pricey, if you're within some sort of budget, I feel you should cut back on some things and get a much better graphics card instead. That's the most important requirement for any sims game. I don't want you to spend loads and end up finding out you can only play medium settings on Sims 4. I suggest you look into Nvidia 675M & 680M. That will assure you'll be able to play Sims 4 on all high settings, after all it's only months away!
      If you do decide to go through with the MSI, here's some links you should look at:
      Official MSI GE70 Owners' Lounge
      - I'm sure if you have ANY concerns, even after you purchase it, they'll be able to help.
      Videos on MSI GE70 Models
      - To give you visual ideas, they're similarly built, just different specifications.
      Random Comments on a GE70 Model
      - The GE70 Owner's Lounge has hundreds of pages of posts, if it gets messy, you can view the feedback (more simpler) for this model to get some ideas on the owners' thoughts. You can actually view reviews for any GE70 model laptop, the overall built is the same.
    • Options
      knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
      edited May 2013
      I'm back...again. I might be getting one or two new expansion from Origin, and I just wanted to know if my computer will be able to run more expansion packs.
      Are getting downloaded copies safer than getting physical copies? With downloads, there won't be any virus threats or anything...
    • Options
      edited May 2013
      knh330 wrote:
      I'm back...again. I might be getting one or two new expansion from Origin, and I just wanted to know if my computer will be able to run more expansion packs.
      Are getting downloaded copies safer than getting physical copies? With downloads, there won't be any virus threats or anything...
      Lol, you're always welcome here. I support physical copies because after you register them, you'll also be able to download them through Origin as if you had only bought Digital. So it's benefits of both. I get paranoid to buy only digital because what if Origin goes bankrupt and decides to remove their server from the internet? You'd still have your physical copies to play from. I believe you'll be able to play with more expansion packs but might just have to lower a few settings. Also, I've been meaning to ask you, do you mind doing the survey on the first page for your new graphics card? It would be really helpful since nobody's done one for it yet :)
    • Options
      edited May 2013
      Thanks so much for creating this thread!

I'm starting college next year and I'm looking to buy a laptop that I can use for my studies and also to play the Sims. I would like it to be able to run the game smoothly with all the EP's at high settings.

I've been doing some research and I'm really feeling this computer here:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-ENVY/C2Y54AV?HP-ENVY-dv6t-7300-Quad-Edition-Notebook-PC

The graphics card the computer comes with is an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, but I can customize it before buying and I'm thinking of upgrading it to the NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 635M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video memory.

I've heard great things about HP laptops and how well they run games, but I'd really love to hear what you think. Would you suggest me buying this model? Or is there another option that you feel is better? Perhaps one that offers the same at a cheaper price?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, but I'm clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff :?

Thank you!
      You're very welcome! I'm not sure if you mean next year as in 2014 or this fall, but if this fall, I'll be starting college then as well :)

You are not asking me too many questions! That's exactly why I'm here to help :) First of all, I wouldn't really recommend HP for gaming because it has TERRIBLE ventillation, HPs heat up like there's no tomorrow. I own an HP, but have to maintain it really well. And I bought mine around Christmas when it went on sale.Here's the exact model I have.

Everything looks great on your laptop besides that graphics card, which is the most important to consider. I have a few recommendations with graphics cards that'll allow you to play medium-high settings with all expansion packs:
      Laptop 1
      - Intel Core i5-3230M (up to 3.2GHz)
      - 17.3"
      - 6GB RAM
      - 750GB Hard Drive
      - NVIDIA Geforce GT 730M
      - 1600 x 900 resolution
      - Up to 4 hours battery life
      - $699.99 + free shipping + no tax

Laptop 2
      - Intel Core i7-3630QM (up to 3.4GHz)
      - 15.6"
      - 6GB RAM
      - 750GB Hard Drive
      - NVIDIA Geforce GT 645M
      - Backlit keyboard
      - Up to 4 hours battery life
      - $799.99 + free shipping + no tax

Laptop 3
      - Intel Core i7-3630QM (up to 3.4GHz)
      - 15.6"
      - 6GB RAM
      - 500GB Hard dRive
      - NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M
      - Up to 4.5 hours battery life
      - $749.99 + free shipping + no tax

These laptops have a much, much better graphics card than the Nvidia 630M. The Nvidia 730M and 645M give the same performance. I suggest you read the reviews, consider the size as you'll be taking it to college, and consider the battery life.

If you choose to buy the HP laptop with the 630M, it's:
      $774.99
      $9.99 shipping
      $54.95 tax (roughly)
      $75 HP coupon code (NB4819)
      $759.68 (roughly)
    • Options
      edited May 2013
      Ahh, yes. I did mean to say that I was starting in the fall. Class of 2013 8)

And thank you so much for replying so quickly!

I looked at all three models and they all seem great. Out of all I think the third one seems to be the best fit. Great specs for a decent price. The graphics card seems amazing (I think :lol: ) and all the reviews say it's a great computer for gaming and for media.

I had a question about the ram, though. Would I be needing to upgrade the ram to 8 gigs, or will it run just as fine with the 6 gigs it comes with? Seeing as how the Sims 4 is coming out soon, I would really love to not have to worry about the game not being able to run on my new computer.

Again, thanks so much! :-)
    • Options
      edited May 2013
      Ahh, yes. I did mean to say that I was starting in the fall. Class of 2013 8)

And thank you so much for replying so quickly!

I looked at all three models and they all seem great. Out of all I think the third one seems to be the best fit. Great specs for a decent price. The graphics card seems amazing (I think :lol: ) and all the reviews say it's a great computer for gaming and for media.

I had a question about the ram, though. Would I be needing to upgrade the ram to 8 gigs, or will it run just as fine with the 6 gigs it comes with? Seeing as how the Sims 4 is coming out soon, I would really love to not have to worry about the game not being able to run on my new computer.

Again, thanks so much! :-)
      Ahah, nice to help a fellow senior, only a month left for me ^^

And yes, that's the thing. I mean, you won't crash with 6GB RAM (as long as you don't multitask like browse online while playing the game). 6GB will be sufficient with all expansion & stuff packs installed. But I do recommend by the time Sims 4 comes out, you just grab yourself another 4GB memory stick. You can even wait until an EP comes out for Sims 4. You can catch it for roughly around $30. Newegg occasionally has them on sale for less.
      I should mention, since you would have to upgrade to 8GB sooner or later, that you could get away with this laptop:
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314016
      It has the 730M graphics card, 500GB hard drive, an i5 processor that goes up to 3.2GHz (although the i7s are more advanced), 4.5 hours of battery life, and 4GB RAM (so all you would need is another 4GB to stick on, with the 6GB you'd just have an extra 2GB laying around when you upgrade to 8GB). However, the downside, the video memory is a DDR3 instead of a GDDR5, but I guess I was nitpicking since it's not that much of a big deal. So now I think you should consider that. It's pretty reasonable at $629.99. I guess in the long run the i7 would be the best choice. You won't go wrong with either! Let us know how well your new laptop is when you get it :D
    • Options
      edited May 2013
      Hmm, I actually do think going with the i7 processor would be a better choice. I'm hoping to not have to buy a new computer for a while and I'd rather get the best one possible.

I think I'll do what you suggested with the RAM. I had no idea it could be found at such a cheap price. A few years ago I bought a stick of 2 gigs for 50$. Times have definitely changed haha.

I really just want to say thank you so much for all your help. I'm hoping to be able to get the computer by the time classes start so I'll definitely let you know how it goes.

Also, here's hoping you enjoy your few remaining weeks of High School! :-)
    • Options
      edited May 2013

- Optimal cooling
      - Able to play blu-ray
      - Great sound

BUMBOO!! :D Heh, yes, this is one of my hidden headquarters. Thank you! I'm really glad its helped you! Ah your requirements put into one are too perfect! But the MSI laptop you found is great! Meets most of your requirements. Given what a beast that laptop will be, you'll most likely have around 2 hours of battery life if not less, that's completely expected. I'm sure the laptop is very pricey, if you're within some sort of budget, I feel you should cut back on some things and get a much better graphics card instead. That's the most important requirement for any sims game. I don't want you to spend loads and end up finding out you can only play medium settings on Sims 4. I suggest you look into Nvidia 675M & 680M. That will assure you'll be able to play Sims 4 on all high settings, after all it's only months away!
      If you do decide to go through with the MSI, here's some links you should look at:
      Official MSI GE70 Owners' Lounge
      - I'm sure if you have ANY concerns, even after you purchase it, they'll be able to help.
      Videos on MSI GE70 Models
      - To give you visual ideas, they're similarly built, just different specifications.
      Random Comments on a GE70 Model
      - The GE70 Owner's Lounge has hundreds of pages of posts, if it gets messy, you can view the feedback (more simpler) for this model to get some ideas on the owners' thoughts. You can actually view reviews for any GE70 model laptop, the overall built is the same.

Ooh how very secretive of you! Where you ever in an intelligence agency?!? No wait.. You have to get rid of me if you tell me right? Then what if you deny it and that'll be the secret sign that you are a secret agent :lol: Thanks so much for the links sweetie :D As far as I can read in the owner's lounge reviews, the cheap cabinet and keyboard problems would drive me crazy lol :P I've also researched some more on the autocad front and like you suggest, I think a 680M would probably be the best for me, as that program really needs a great graphics card as well.
      Yeah there is a budget lol, it has to be under 1900$ and preferably around 1500$. My problem is finding a laptop with a great graphics card that doesn't have 1 TB harddrive with only 5400rpm... :roll:
      LOL yeah I've decided that I can go without some of my requirements :P So these are the most important things:

- Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce 680M/MX
      - 8 GB RAM
      - 750 GB harddrive (7200 rpm) and I would really love to have an SSD drive as well
      - 15" or 17" screen - since I have a stationary as well, I think I can live with 15"

I can't seem to find a laptop that fits just these few requirements either though - well unless it costs 3000$ :lol:
    • Options
      edited May 2013
      Sorry I forgot to quote! I'll reply again.
    • Options
      edited May 2013

Hey! Welcome back!
      I see why the laptop appears appealing but I wouldn't really recommend it to you due to the processor reaching only 2.70GHz. My laptop list prepares you for Sims 4 (months away!) so I would at least suggest a processor that goes up to 3.0GHz for Intels so you'll be on the safe side. There are i5 processors that go up to 3.1GHz-3.3GHz. Of course i7s will be able to hold more tasks at once compared to i5s but i5s aren't bad. i7s will also eat more battery just in case you're a college student and i7s have been noted to make laptops hotter when combined with gaming with a medium-high end graphics card. But they're not bad, if you can find a laptop within your budget with an i7, that's a win. Do you mind telling me your budget range? I was looking at laptops for you and just got curious. [/quote]

Aww I see, thank you for telling me this! I noticed that but wasn't sure. I'm useless when it comes to picking a new laptop. I've never had one so I want it to be just perfect!

Yes, my budget is probably up to £600!
      It's not much to get a perfect gaming laptop, I know. But basically I would only use it for sims and some school work and internet browsing.
      If you found a laptop suggestion that would be amazing! You seem to know your stuff :P
    • Options
      edited May 2013
      Ooh how very secretive of you! Where you ever in an intelligence agency?!? No wait.. You have to get rid of me if you tell me right? Then what if you deny it and that'll be the secret sign that you are a secret agent :lol: Thanks so much for the links sweetie :D As far as I can read in the owner's lounge reviews, the cheap cabinet and keyboard problems would drive me crazy lol :P I've also researched some more on the autocad front and like you suggest, I think a 680M would probably be the best for me, as that program really needs a great graphics card as well.
      Yeah there is a budget lol, it has to be under 1900$ and preferably around 1500$. My problem is finding a laptop with a great graphics card that doesn't have 1 TB harddrive with only 5400rpm... :roll:
      LOL yeah I've decided that I can go without some of my requirements :P So these are the most important things:

- Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce 680M/MX
      - 8 GB RAM
      - 750 GB harddrive (7200 rpm) and I would really love to have an SSD drive as well
      - 15" or 17" screen - since I have a stationary as well, I think I can live with 15"

I can't seem to find a laptop that fits just these few requirements either though - well unless it costs 3000$ :lol:
      Forgive me, I'm quickly writing this with drooping eyes. I didn't want to keep you waiting, I hadn't gotten time to be on the computer long enough to do some research. You'll be ordering from Denmark, correct? Ahah, now those requirements seem more realistic! :P Before I throw more links at you, here's what I suggest, if you can't find a laptop that automatically comes with a SSD & HDD with rest of the requirements within your budget, then just purchase a laptop with a HDD that has two hard drive slots (usually it's the 1TB one :/ or hopefully you'll read reviews stating it for others), then buy a SSD separately and slap it on. If only you were in America. The other day this website had a 240GB SSD for sale for $90 which is a steal! Usually it's double the price or more. Okay, I've found some danish laptop sites with high performance laptops:
      Linky #1
      Linky #2
      My goodness, with those Danish krone price tags, they be ripping ya'll off.
      Here's an American site that sells internationally. Haven't read anything about not shipping to Denmark. These two laptops are the closest I found within your price range:
      Laptop #1
      Laptop #2
      Take a look around! I'll be continuing to search far and wide for you.
    • Options
      edited May 2013
      Aww I see, thank you for telling me this! I noticed that but wasn't sure. I'm useless when it comes to picking a new laptop. I've never had one so I want it to be just perfect!

It's not much to get a perfect gaming laptop, I know. But basically I would only use it for sims and some school work and internet browsing.
      If you found a laptop suggestion that would be amazing! You seem to know your stuff :P
      It's no problem! Here's a really nice laptop that's exactly within your budget lol:
      http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/MSI_CX61_1356341.html
      - 8 GB RAM
      - 1TB hard drive
      - NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 645M with 2GB (will play all expansion packs on all high settings)
      And yeah :) Let me tell you, finding a 645M within this budget is pretty hard. It's also free delivery.
    • Options
      edited May 2013
      Forgive me, I'm quickly writing this with drooping eyes. I didn't want to keep you waiting, I hadn't gotten time to be on the computer long enough to do some research. You'll be ordering from Denmark, correct? Ahah, now those requirements seem more realistic! :P Before I throw more links at you, here's what I suggest, if you can't find a laptop that automatically comes with a SSD & HDD with rest of the requirements within your budget, then just purchase a laptop with a HDD that has two hard drive slots (usually it's the 1TB one :/ or hopefully you'll read reviews stating it for others), then buy a SSD separately and slap it on. If only you were in America. The other day this website had a 240GB SSD for sale for $90 which is a steal! Usually it's double the price or more. Okay, I've found some danish laptop sites with high performance laptops:
      Linky #1
      Linky #2
      My goodness, with those Danish krone price tags, they be ripping ya'll off.
      Here's an American site that sells internationally. Haven't read anything about not shipping to Denmark. These two laptops are the closest I found within your price range:
      Laptop #1
      Laptop #2
      Take a look around! I'll be continuing to search far and wide for you.

Thank you so much for the links sweetie! ^^ Yeah I'll be ordering from DK and I had considered using an international company to order it from, since yes - the prices here are so ridiculously high! Prices on everything actually lol. Anyway, I dropped that idea: with toll and taxes and other unpredictable things to add to the price, it'll really quickly become way too expensive for me.. And if something happens during shipping, it's my responsibility and I'll sit there with no computer or a damaged one -.-
      1st link - I saw that site whilst searching, but unfortunately it gets too expensive for me (they've got to be kdding with wanting people to pay 100$ or so for just the OS O.O)..
      2nd link looks really good, I've found a couple of laptops that look good :)
      The other day I found this laptop: http://www.sharkgaming.dk/msi-gt70-0nd-1074ne.html
      I think it looks absolutely perfect, even the chassis (metal, not plastic :D). I just have never ever heard about that processor before? Intel Chief River i7? Reminds me of westerns :lol: I think there's a very good chance it's got the extra harddrive slot, since msi's often have two. And I remember reading something of that sort somewhere in a review... I'll just ask the store to figure that out :) Anyways, have you heard of that processor before?? :shock:
    • Options
      edited May 2013

It's no problem! Here's a really nice laptop that's exactly within your budget lol:
      http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/MSI_CX61_1356341.html
      - 8 GB RAM
      - 1TB hard drive
      - NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 645M with 2GB (will play all expansion packs on all high settings)
      And yeah :) Let me tell you, finding a 645M within this budget is pretty hard. It's also free delivery.

Thank you, I'll definitely consider that laptop! Also, I actually saw this laptop the other day:

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_V3-571G_Windows_8_Core_i7_Laptop_-_Black_NX.RZNEK.004/version.asp

What do you think?
      And I've never purchased from these sites before, are they safe and reliable?

Also the main reason I want good gameplay is on my computer just now, seasons or pets doesn't work. And it's just so laggy and horrible! So I'm reeeally looking forward to this :-)
    • Options
      invertedsiminvertedsim Posts: 151 New Member
      edited May 2013
    • Options
      ShanaJadaShanaJada Posts: 55 New Member
      edited May 2013
      Hi!
      I've been looking for a laptops for a while, and I think I've found one that's quite alright... it's a <a href="http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/refurbished-laptops/hp-envy-m6-1178sa-refurbished-15-6-laptop-black-19572011-pdt.html&quot; target="_blank">HP-ENVY m6-1178</a>, the specs are:

Intel® Core™ i5-3210M (2.5 GHz (up to 3.1 GHz with TurboBoost), 3 MB L3 Cache)
      8GB RAM
      1TB Hard Drive
      2GB dedicated AMD Radeon HD 7670M

I just wanted a final opinion on whether this laptop is good enough to play Sims on Medium-High settings, with only little/no lag. I've been playing with an Intel GMA 3100 which I've been able to put up with so far, but I'm losing my patience with the constant crashes and long waits for objects to render properly :lol:

Many thanks! :)