Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House Hunters - New Orleans French Quarter Contest! Closed for Judging!

Comments

• Options
    kjoneskjones Posts: 832 Member
    edited March 2013

:D ]
    sharonxyz wrote:
    Hope everyone is enjoying Simming and still enjoying the gorgeous New Orleans builds and families we all made...I have a world that is just those, and it's fun how much all the neighbors have in common LOL... Oddly they are all named Pamela and Eric, hmmm....
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited March 2013
    I HIGHLY recommend that anyone who did not enter but is watching this thread to REC and or DOWNLOAD the great stuff here! The first page shows that just about all passed Custard, done thoroughly by the ever talented Romagi, and all are safe, and all the builds are so varied, a New Orleans French Quarter neighborhood could be in YOUR game! YAY!!! In fact, some of the entrants built gorgeous commercial builds for the same neighborhood (HappySimmer3 and Jessabeans, for example, both have CC free studios :D)

Now if you happen to have University, thoughts come to mind...these households are all artists and would thrive as Fine Arts majors... and if you happened to get the "party pack" with Uni that has the masks, I can see improvising a Mardi Gras style celebration!! WOOT!!
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited March 2013
    sharonxyz wrote:
    I HIGHLY recommend that anyone who did not enter but is watching this thread to REC and or DOWNLOAD the great stuff here! The first page shows that just about all passed Custard, done thoroughly by the ever talented Romagi, and all are safe, and all the builds are so varied, a New Orleans French Quarter neighborhood could be in YOUR game! YAY!!! In fact, some of the entrants built gorgeous commercial builds for the same neighborhood (HappySimmer3 and Jessabeans, for example, both have CC free studios :D)

Now if you happen to have University, thoughts come to mind...these households are all artists and would thrive as Fine Arts majors... and if you happened to get the "party pack" with Uni that has the masks, I can see improvising a Mardi Gras style celebration!! WOOT!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited March 2013
    hi everyone. I so apologize for not posting lately, but have had a lot of things going on plus a lack of communication from Seascape. Just to give everyone an update. We have not heard anything from Seascape in about 2 weeks, since my last update and are trying to cover all of her contests and sponsorships. The community is in the process of pooling points for at least the majority of the original prizes offered and adding together the scores of 3 of the judges so that the winners can be announced and prizes gifted. Please be patient just a little while longer and allow us a few more days to get everything coordinated and I promise to announce winners and get prizes awarded.

Thank you to everyone who participated and who has remained patient and polite. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited March 2013
    I would like to withdraw my entry from the contest, I realize it is very late and I apologize for the time the judges have spent on my lot.

Best of luck to everyone!
  • Options
    dash3001dash3001 Posts: 639 Member
    edited March 2013
    Ivanna420 wrote:
    hi everyone. I so apologize for not posting lately, but have had a lot of things going on plus a lack of communication from Seascape. Just to give everyone an update. We have not heard anything from Seascape in about 2 weeks, since my last update and are trying to cover all of her contests and sponsorships. The community is in the process of pooling points for at least the majority of the original prizes offered and adding together the scores of 3 of the judges so that the winners can be announced and prizes gifted. Please be patient just a little while longer and allow us a few more days to get everything coordinated and I promise to announce winners and get prizes awarded.

Thank you to everyone who participated and who has remained patient and polite. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hi! I had previously discussed with Seascape about sponsoring this contest. I believe I am responsible for the 1,000 pts (Honorable Mention) and 500 points (Runner Up). I have the points and will gift whomever wins those spots. I've been checking almost daily and will be ready when those winners are announced. Thanks!
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,148 Member
    edited March 2013
    Ivanna420 wrote:

I hope all is ok with Seascape since you've not heard from her for awhile. Thanks Ivanna (and to everyone else) who has stepped up and helped out in her place. We all appreciate it, and not to worry about the time....we will all still be here. Thanks again! :D
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hello Ivanna420 :)

I feel very sorry for seascape :( I do hope she is doing well. I am sorry if some simmers are getting impatient :( Hopefully she will resolve her pc issues and return safe and sound to us shortly :) That is the important issue :)

*big hugs seascape*
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you dash for coming forward about sponsoring. I will post here as soon as the winners are figured out. I have jenn's scores and am just waiting to hear from Nik. If it's only for one category just let me know which category you will be gifting, so I can make sure the other category's winner is gifted as well.

Thank you Sandraelle and Kateoverend for your patience and understanding. We are all hoping Seascape is ok, as well. We are a little concerned or at least the ones I have spoken to are concerned due to the sudden stopping in communication. I pray daily she is ok and either just working lots of long hours or just taking a much needed and deserved break.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    kjoneskjones Posts: 832 Member
    edited March 2013
    I hope Seascape is OK. I don't participate much in these forums, but from the looks of it, she was very active here. It's worring that she has just stopped all communication. Hopefully she is just busy, and will return soon.

It's very nice of you Ivanna to step up like you have, especially with your real life so eventful right now. I hope you have a healthy, wonderful grandbaby soon!

To everyone else who has stepped in to donate to the prize pool, a big Thank You! If I win anything please keep those points, or feel free to use them towards prizes for others.
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,810 Member
    edited March 2013

Its wonderful that you Ivanna420 and other judges are doing your best for Seascape, I do hope she is well and will be back with us soon, thanks for keeping things going.
    Hill
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ivanna420 wrote:
    Thank you dash for coming forward about sponsoring. I will post here as soon as the winners are figured out. I have jenn's scores and am just waiting to hear from Nik. If it's only for one category just let me know which category you will be gifting, so I can make sure the other category's winner is gifted as well.

Thank you Sandraelle and Kateoverend for your patience and understanding. We are all hoping Seascape is ok, as well. We are a little concerned or at least the ones I have spoken to are concerned due to the sudden stopping in communication. I pray daily she is ok and either just working lots of long hours or just taking a much needed and deserved break.

Lol. I just realized we didn't discuss that. I'm going to take one for the team and cover both categories. That's 1,500 sp + 1,500 sp (House and Sim category) and 500 sp + 500 sp (House and Sim category).
  • Options
    okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited March 2013
    Thank you everyone for stepping in and helping Seascape with this. I hope she is allright and I'm sure she feels bad about not wrapping this up herself!
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hello83433 wrote:
    sharonxyz wrote:
    Hope everyone is enjoying Simming and still enjoying the gorgeous New Orleans builds and families we all made...I have a world that is just those, and it's fun how much all the neighbors have in common LOL... Oddly they are all named Pamela and Eric, hmmm.... :D

Hmmmm....... I wonder why? :hunf:
    and Seascape, hugs for you i hope you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel soon. smiley-hug001.gif

Just to let you know, Seascape and I came up with the names...an homage to the Sookie Stackhouse books and "True Blood"

I'm just super worried right now about her and I hope all is well...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hi everyone!

Actually, Dash I thank you for the offer and I will gratefully accept unless it is too much of a financial strain. I know it's not always easy to have the points. If you are really ok with it I really do appreciate it, as I was stretching things a little myself.

I have all the judges scores added up but I was at the hospital all eveing again and it's very late and I must work in the morning, I will post the winner once I get home. I won't be able to change the title if the thread, obviously, but it will be around 6 CST before I can get it done. I do have a bouncing baby granddaughter that was born at 8:01pm tonight though so it's worth being this tired. Thank you to all for the well wishes. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,810 Member
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    candyeyedsimmycandyeyedsimmy Posts: 655 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Ivanna420 wrote:
    Hi everyone!

Actually, Dash I thank you for the offer and I will gratefully accept unless it is too much of a financial strain. I know it's not always easy to have the points. If you are really ok with it I really do appreciate it, as I was stretching things a little myself.

I have all the judges scores added up but I was at the hospital all eveing again and it's very late and I must work in the morning, I will post the winner once I get home. I won't be able to change the title if the thread, obviously, but it will be around 6 CST before I can get it done. I do have a bouncing baby granddaughter that was born at 8:01pm tonight though so it's worth being this tired. Thank you to all for the well wishes. :mrgreen:

Aww congratulations Ivanna!! :) glad it all went well! So happy for you :)
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited March 2013
    Ivanna420 wrote:
    Hi everyone!

Congratulations to you and your daughter!! xxxxxxxxxx
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    springfallsspringfalls Posts: 961 Member
    edited March 2013
    Ivanna420 wrote:
    Hi everyone!

Wow! Congrats on your new addition :D That's great news!
    th?id=H.4589267985565688&pid=15.1
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited March 2013
    0651.jpg

Don't worry about us. We can wait a little longer. Go play with that new grand-baby! Hope mom and baby are doing well.
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hello again, everyone. I apologize, yet again, for all the delay in getting the winners announced and gifted. Thank you all for your patience while we got this sorted out. In Seascapes absence, a lot of very generous people have stepped up to help cover ALL the points promised as prizes. I would really appreciate it if everyone could take just a moment to thank them all. Potterphyle, Jessabeans, Candyeyedsimmy, and Dash3001 are all contributing to the prize pool for this contest. Incidentally, we also have becca_una83, Msrednotdead, blacksheba1978, Blunote00, and DangerDanger are also helping to contribute to the prize pool so that we have, as a community, managed to cover all of Seascapes contest commitments in her absence. Please take a moment to thank them as well. They are just a few of the amazing, shining stars hiding within our little community here. We are all concerned about Seascapes absence and hope she is ok and for her to return soon.

Now on to what you've all been awaiting so long to hear. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

And The Winners Are.........

For the House

1st Place - Romagi1 - Maison De Jardin
    2nd Place - GreenCats - Wedding Cake House
    3rd Place - walkingstick - La Maison de Artiste
    Honorable Mention - LoveEvil - The Sunset Star
    Runners-Up - luckyheather - Le Grand Magnolia Maison
    mcsnjb - L'Modern Warehouse

We have tie for Runner-Up , so I will cover the extra points, rather than take more time to try and break it or having it split.

For the Family

1st Place - Snowdove58 - Pamela and Eric Picasso
    2nd Place - aricarai - Eric and Pamela Miller
    3rd Place - Rheynin - Pamela and Eric Amoux
    Honarable Mention- Pallypoo - The Crete Family
    Runner-Up - HappySimmer3 - Eric and Pamela Townsend

Congrats to all the winners. This was not an easy contest to judge. Thank you to everyone who participated. You all turned in such amazing entries, houses and sims alike. As soon as we hear from the winners what they would like to do with your winnings, we will start the gifting process. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Thank you all for your congrats. Mommy and baby are all doing well. Kyra Raine weighed in at 7lbs, 2 oz. and was 20 inches long. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited March 2013
    Congratulations to the winners and to Ivanna420 for your new granddaughter!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you Jessabeans. :mrgreen: and Thank you for all you help :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ivanna420 wrote:
    Hi everyone!

Congrats on the grandbaby, first of all! Second, its no problem at all to cover those points. When the Honorable Mentions and Runners Up post their wishes, I'll be ready to strike. Now go enjoy your little precious person!
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh gosh, thank you! I never expected to win anything, even HM! :shock: I think is 500 points, if I remember correctly? Edit- Oops, meant RU!

Congratulations to all the winners, there were a lot of really wonderful lots and sims in this contest and I'm sure the judges had quite the challenge with this one.

I hope that seascape gets everything sorted soon and will be back on the forums. And last but certainly not least, congrats to Ivanna on the new grandchild! That's wonderful news!

Post edited by Unknown User on
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!