Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    shaposh2012shaposh2012 Posts: 760 Member
    edited December 2012

Online Dating
    A sim got married and I moved them out of my household and in with their new spouse, however I still get notifications from their online dating profile. The funny thing is, I never got any notifications from it when he lived in the house.

Hi EA folks who are hopefully still monitoring this thread. I quoted an earlier issue I reported because this one is similar. The sims in my household are getting love letters and mail for sims who have moved out of the household in the traditional way of calling and buying a new house and have long since died in the game. It's been many sim days and seasons since they moved out so it seems really strange to be getting so many messages/gifts for them. I'm talking groups of 50 and 20.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    No

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    NA

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    Never used them

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    NA

5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ?
    I patched then installed Seasons when it came out.

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    The latest one (1.42 I believe)

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    It was a new game I started after Seasons came out.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    Issues noted with born in game sims and townies.

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA - Moonlit Falls

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Win 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.
    All installed as digital downloads from Origin.[/quote]
  • Options
    LoxlyLoxly Posts: 152 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Loxly wrote:
    After some more experimentation, it looks like "Freaking Out" stops Fun from ever dropping below the mid-point. Even using testingcheatsenabled.

A new neurotic Sim, that has never Freaked Out before can have his Fun Meter adjusted to any point. Once they Freak Out, they can't be.

Testing was done in a new game without any CC or Mods.

Non-Neurotic Sims in the same household function normally.

Just did some more testing.

Looks like that as long as the Tranquil Moodlet is in effect, they can't drop below the mid-point in fun.

Maybe it's always been that way and I just never noticed it. Maybe it's something new.

So, guess it is still working for other non-Neurotic Sims and non-Tranquil Neurotic Sims.

:shrug:
  • Options
    Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Hmm... Seems the Festival Frequenter ticket duplication glitch can cause your inventory to start glitching out if you go over around half a billion tickets. The tickets disappeared from my inventory at that point and when I placed other items (a poisoned apple) into the inventory they zeroed out. The duplication glitched can also net you around a billion simoleons if you don't go over that glitch limit.

I think the flowers are also a bit too easy to make money from as well. The Cosmos selling for $600 is a bit overkill for a flower that is suposed to be extraordinarily rare it's a bit too common. (Not sure it is because my sim has the Gatherer trait.

Witches can't use the spin option while skating. With skating maxed my witch sim never seems to be able to meet another sim in the middle of the ring without falling on her backside.

Witches also cheat the fire insurance company. Especially when they have Magic Hands LTR. Just cast a fire spell on your lot and put it out with an extinguisher. Without the LTR you can still scam a few hundred dollars. With it you always seem to get $300,000!

Alchemy potions sell for a bit too much it seems compared to what the shop charges. I have seen some of my potions sell for over 20,000 that only sell for less than 2000 in the shop.

It seems there are too many ways to make truckloads of money without even getting a job.
  • Options
    tavoris08tavoris08 Posts: 344 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hello, i don't know if this was mentioned before. If so then i am not the only one with this problem. But after installing the seasons EP and starting a new game i started to notice that the weather starts to stick after about 10 or 30 sim day's, in witch it would constantly rain or snow throughout that season, when the season changed. It would stop every now and then, but it would start right back up after a few sim hours. When checking the weather forecast i noticed that it would show a 5-7 day forecast of nothing but rain or snow with maybe one day of sunny weather. But when that day comes for that sunny day it would rain. This happens alot in the game. There is not a dry day or snowless day in the game and the weather system seems to change and fluctuate way to often, to the point That i can't even have my sims enjoy the outdoors.

I did test this on a few levels with and without CC or mods in my game and i seem to get the same problem. Though i am playing in a custom world. I'm not sure if this issue is do to the custom world as it has a few custom weather patterns that just changes the way the sky looks. But i do think this could be a bug. But i will do farther testing to see if this could be a possibility. But if anyone ells is having this problem then your input would be welcomed.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Tj08-2-1.jpg
  • Options
    ScottSkye9500ScottSkye9500 Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    I think there is a bug with The Sims 3 Launcher. Everytime I try to uninstall custom content through it, it always says that there is and error and that the file cannot be found. I'm not sure whether it's Patch 42 or Seasons. :?: :(
  • Options
    YzzyBellYzzyBell Posts: 39 Member
    edited December 2012
    Here are some problems (sorry its long)
    -sims walk backwards through doors (different sims on different lots in different games)
    -game becomes unresponsive when i move a sim into or out of the active household
    -when changing speed, game will freeze and everything on screen will twitch
    -faerie sims get unuseable objects in their inventories after getting the mail, these objects are usually bills, also whe this happens the action buttom goes away and the sim transports about 3 spaces away from the mailbox
    - bee-keeper hat stays on after using the bee houses (even after changing outfits and showering)
    - sims get stuck in the shower for sim hours (even when activity bar on left is full)
    -sim cannot write poetry or any new types of books on the computer, they transport somewhere else on the lot and the action bar goes away like in the mail issue
    -TSW3 APPCRASH even after trying DEP

No

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    No

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    Never used them

NA

my patches are up to date and I do have seasons installed

version says 16.0.136.019017, i have all patches for the game and Origin

it is a new game on a already existing (empty) lot

new sim

EA - Moonlit Falls

windows 7

seasons was a digital download

* I wanted to add that for some of these problems i can use a simple "resetsim", but for others I have to ctrl+shift+delete for my task manager to kill the game.
  • Options
    YzzyBellYzzyBell Posts: 39 Member
    edited December 2012
    Oh and now I got this lovely little message:

Description:
    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
    Application Name: TS3W.exe
    Application Version: 0.2.0.190
    Application Timestamp: 50653464
    Hang Signature: 27e6
    Hang Type: 2049
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Hang Signature 1: 27e6a9f3a224bc8f9021672cac0ad02a
    Additional Hang Signature 2: 2f6f
    Additional Hang Signature 3: 2f6f40a83bf4bc864bd573c69e04cebd
    Additional Hang Signature 4: de78
    Additional Hang Signature 5: de7848cf3e4264c00f06d6fc71735f7d
    Additional Hang Signature 6: 68dc
    Additional Hang Signature 7: 68dc1a5e90fbe0aae7e2235092f39748
  • Options
    Raye898Raye898 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Raye898 wrote:
    Hello Crinrict,

I changed the work outfit as you had suggested and it worked; my sim can now go to work.

As for the Alchemy station which wont let my sim make elixers: I'm not sure which seeds you're referring to. I only have a few seeds (special seeds), should I just get rid of them?

And for the cheating bug: I checked the relationship panel for my female sim (the one who cheated), the sim she cheated with has no heart and they're not even friends anymore. I'm not quite sure why the husband of my female sim still sees her as a cheater even after using the clean slate lifetime reward. :(

I'm happy to say that all my problems (as stated above) have been resolved. Taking the seeds out of my male sims' inventory did fix the problem with the Alchemy station.

The relationship problem has resolved itself somehow.

I do however have a new problem. :(

I just tried --for the first time since installing seasons-- to send my sims to Champs Les Sims. Champs Les Sims loads up (faster than usual actually), but my sims are not there. I can see all the buildings, and sims are walking around like usual, but my sims are not there, there is no family funds, and I can't interact with anything. I quit my game without saving and tried sending them again, but I had the same problem.
  • Options
    reiayuyreiayuy Posts: 206 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Yes
    Using Twallen's, it's the latest version
    N/A
    Yes
    Seasons
    The latest as of 9th December
    Exisiting
    N/A
    Starlight Shores
    Win7
    Download

My problems:

1,) No one shows up to parties, even though relationship level is high and sim has 'legendary host' lifetime reward.
    2.) Random strays are gathered on the road outside my sim's house. They never leave, never starve or anything.
    3.) 'Return home' is always cancelled out of the queue. Have to manually direct sims to go to somewhere on their home lot. They never come home on their own after school/work etc, either.
    4.) Sim gets random sloppy jaloppies in her inventory and one of them appears in her relationships bar, even though she's not a car enthusiast.

I didn't have any of these problems before seasons. Patch only was fine. Game is the same with or without the mods.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited December 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @ldmarko: I need you to take out the mods and try on vanilla. Especially for issues 2 + 3. Could you also try on a new game to see if you have the same issues.

Turns out it was a mod issue. Fortunately Twallan already made an update, so that problem's fixed. (referring to seasonal items missing issue)
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited December 2012
    Game just freezes and then crashes to desktop when trying to place new residential lots. Also the move option is very buggy..seems that the game freezes when family tries to move to a different household.

I took out my mods to test and same issue in a fresh game. All my other problems were fixed by moving the game back to Windows Vista.
  • Options
    EnelarEnelar Posts: 75 New Member
    edited December 2012

Yes to both

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods?

My only mods are Awesomemod and nointro.

N/A

Yes.

Seasons.

Most recent as of 12/10/2012

Existing.

Existing sims in game.

Sunlit Tides

Windows XP

DVD version, all official versions here.

I'm currently experimenting to find the source of this glitch but it seems when kids age up to teens in my hood, they lose their eyebrows and their faces become "chewed up" and distorted. This didn't start happening until after Seasons was installed and I'm experimenting with removing various CC to see if ANYTHING I have is causing it. I'm suspecting slider hacks so I've removed them but the teens with chewed up faces/no brows still have them. Using Testingcheats and pulling them into CAS doesn't fix it.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q541/daringrose/Screenshot-1330.jpg

The one thing I can report for certain is that when they age into adults, all the distortion is gone and they get their eyebrows back. One townie got theirs back as a teen but I don't know how since it continued to affect every other teen in town.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Is there going to be a patch for this soon? For the entire summer and fall for my sims it rained constantly and during the winter it was constant snow..now it's 2 days left of spring and rain or snow. My sims have not had one single sunny day. I do not feel like I should have to be forced to turn off any weather options as I would like to experience all forms of weather. I know that it's been posted about constant rain, but this is ridiculous.

Also the alien abductions get old. My sim has been abducted every single night for 5 sim weeks. He's in his 4th impregnation, and he and his wife already have 2 of their own. They also have a horse, 2 cats and a kitten so this is over the 10 per household limit. No mods to cause this and I'm playing vanilla game.

Please fix these issues. And please get rid of the IFs.....they're annoying. I don't feel like I should have to depend upon a mod to control all of thse things. Thank you. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Is there going to be a patch for this soon? For the entire summer and fall for my sims it rained constantly and during the winter it was constant snow..now it's 2 days left of spring and rain or snow. My sims have not had one single sunny day. I do not feel like I should have to be forced to turn off any weather options as I would like to experience all forms of weather. I know that it's been posted about constant rain, but this is ridiculous.

Also the alien abductions get old. My sim has been abducted every single night for 5 sim weeks. He's in his 4th impregnation, and he and his wife already have 2 of their own. They also have a horse, 2 cats and a kitten so this is over the 10 per household limit. No mods to cause this and I'm playing vanilla game.

Please fix these issues. And please get rid of the IFs.....they're annoying. I don't feel like I should have to depend upon a mod to control all of thse things. Thank you. :)

They'll likely patch the most pressing of issues first - like the game breaking ones. I'm guessing the rain and frequency of abductions will be worked on for certain, it's just a matter of waiting.

And if you hate IFs so much, just delete the doll or uninstall Generations - easy as that. I really like IFs and I can't see EA eliminating a whole Life State just because you dislike it.
  • Options
    sugarplumkittehsugarplumkitteh Posts: 7 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I enrolled my alien child into boarding school but she won't go there and I can't opt her out because she has the "enrolled in boarding school" status. She's aged into a teenager now and doesn't attend school, ever.
  • Options
    aliceforeveraliceforever Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    Last night my game was working fine, but today when I loaded it only 3/4 of the screen was loading, the other 1/4 was black and the game prevented my cursor from moving into the black region. My desktop and everything else is still fine. I play in full screen mode and I even tried changing it to windowed mode and then back to full screen hoping that would reset it but it didn't work. Then I changed the graphics thing (originally 1024x768) to the highest option and it's back to full screen but the controls are wrong: The sim tab used to run all along the bottom of the screen when opened out but now it is squeezed into the 3/4. And in the top right hand corner where the notifications come from they have been shrunk and the whole game as a result looks out of proportion.
    Help! Has anyone else encountered this?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    There's supposed to be a slight chance of Imaginary Friends, not every single house in the world. That causes major lag. If every house and child is given an imaginary friend there is some kind of glitch. How is EA going to know about it if it isn't posted? I wouldn't mind the imaginary friends if it was a rare case but really, every single baby is a bit much especially since the IF keeps the child from doing homework etc. So I post about it. Maybe EA will do something, maybe not but at least they know that there is a problem, like those who had the zombie problem and now the alien problem. Too much of one thing can wreck it. Sorry to sound mean but I wanted to let them know.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited December 2012
    Since I installed Seasons, there's been quite a few glitches. During saving it crashes. Have to save by house and quit via the house. 'Save and quit' causes a crash. Again, removing a certain Sim out of a house caused a crash, one of my Sims invited another Sim over and they were invisible apart from the blue outing ring. The game lags. :roll:

More issues detected; garden ruined by hail, date information from previous played house appearing in current, Sims walking through doors, Edit Town to move families or place new lots causes crashes - can only modify biographies. :evil:

Sorry if any of this repeated but I wanted to post my bugs. Hopefully they'll be a fix! :D
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    It sounds like what you need is for EA to tweak the chance a sim gets an IF doll, not to get rid of them all together. I was sure you wanted them nixed out of all games from your original response but I do agree, it'd be nice if the chance to get one wasn't so horribly high. I had all five kids in one generation get one and while I love IFs, five was a bit much. I ended up turning them all real.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Yea I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in the first post and sounded rude in the second. It would be neat to have the IFs for certain traits. I never pick my sims traits whether in CAS or born in game. I roll and stay with what I have. It makes the game more fun that way. But I think the IFs would work well with those who are insane, loners or shy...and a couple of others. I noticed this bug with the IFs when Supernatural came out. Before I think one out of 20 kids would get the IF and it was cuter that way. Too bad we aren't given the option to control them like we can some of the others that came with Supernatural.

I had to break down and get the less abduction less male pregnancy mod. I love the aliens, but an abduction every night for 8 sim weeks along with 4 male pregnancies is a bit much..especially since he already has 2 kids with his wife and then the household limit is above the 10 with their pets. I can ignore the calls for dates and all, the expression on their faces is funny when turning the people down, even if it does get annoying.
  • Options
    Raye898Raye898 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Raye898 wrote:

I'm happy to say that all my problems (as stated above) have been resolved. Taking the seeds out of my male sims' inventory did fix the problem with the Alchemy station.

The relationship problem has resolved itself somehow.

I do however have a new problem. :(

I just tried --for the first time since installing seasons-- to send my sims to Champs Les Sims. Champs Les Sims loads up (faster than usual actually), but my sims are not there. I can see all the buildings, and sims are walking around like usual, but my sims are not there, there is no family funds, and I can't interact with anything. I quit my game without saving and tried sending them again, but I had the same problem.

Well, I know Crin is not responding to this thread anymore, but figured I'd post this anyway; maybe EA will suggest this to other people having this problem.

I figured out the problem with traveling and sims disappearing.

I thought of when it happened (after I installed Season). I remembered that I did experience another glitch around the same time which was the Omni plant glitch. I think I got the unusable Omni plant when my sim come home with mail that she didn't pick up when she was in Shang Simla, so I figured that maybe it was the Omni plant gift box in her inventory that was causing the problem.

I downloaded the NRaas Master Controller Mod (which has --so far-- been the only way to get rid of the Omni plant), loaded it into my game, and deleted the Omni plant. After that I told my sims to Travel to Champs Les Sims (where I had tried to go before only to have them not be there) and low and behold my sims appeared!

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but it's worth a try.

Oh, on an other note. My male sim hates my female sim again. :(
  • Options
    BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited December 2012
    Every time Snowflake Day came around, I could never have a gift giving party due to "there is not enough space for a gift pile" error. So the last time this happened, I sent everyone home and tried again. Please note that the first time on that day I had the security gate set as the front door. The second time I set the actual front door as said object. This time, it worked! The gift pile appeared in front of said door. Dunno if it was changing the front door setting or trying the party a second time, but something did the trick. Anyone else have the problem if they also had the LN security gate set as front door or otherwise?
  • Options
    Ozzie1985Ozzie1985 Posts: 418 Member
    edited December 2012
    I am having an aging issue in my game. Some of the sims, not all, will not age up. For example, Mortimer and Bella Goth's daughter, Cecilia is now an adult and married with 2 kids. Lenny, the husband,is aging up and so is their daughter Sophia. But when I went back to play, I noticed Cecilia, the mother, is still a YA and now Sophia is not aging up at all and neither will their infant son, Noah. Idk what is going on in my game. I have no mods, minor CC (mostly EA stuff from the store).
  • Options
    creativegal16creativegal16 Posts: 503 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I do not use mods/hacks. I do not own seasons EP as of now and my game is not patched to the latest 1.42

My question is that if i install Seasons and patch it to the latest will it affect gardening adversely.

I have a level 10 gardener with a perfect garden

edited to correct spelling
  • Options
    Simst3rSimst3r Posts: 107 Member
    edited December 2012
    The only issues I've found in Seasons so far are:

1. It rains almost every single day in Summer, Spring and Fall. All day long. I love the rain, but dang, too much of it. Once I turn it off, I start to really miss it. Then once I turn it on, seems like it stays on.

2. Trick or Treaters. They were suppose to come to my house at 4pm on Spooky Day. Nope. I see them in Spring and Winter, A LOT. Not in Fall :(

I have not had any alien abductions, since aliens are my least favorite life state, I don't bother with them. I usually get 1-3 zombies on a full moon. It's annoying but my Sim is asleep so I just fast forward til morning, and they're gone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top