Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    WeasieLouWeasieLou Posts: 111 Member
    edited November 2012
    NO current mods, and uninstalled when update and Seasons were installed. All EPs but Showtime and SuperNatural.

Several Sims have no cell phone use. It's still in the backpack but it does nothing! Had to install land line (glad they still have one available) to be able to have phone chat and all the options.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2012
    @Mpain_13: I've added.

As for the other issue: Do they wake up at 4 am ? http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/bug-sim-wakes-up-every-morning-at-4-am.html

@alcomly55: How did you get rid of the plants ? Don't think there's a solution for the bills without using mods.

@janvel831: How Big is your travelDB.package file ? Try moving that to the desktop. It will be recreated. If the usage is that high, you can tell yourself why you get Error 12. If the suggestions doesn't work, I need you to post in technical like everyone else.

@WeasieLou: Just in one game or in all of them ? Have you tried the factory reset on the first page ?

----

The rest has been added or I have nothing to say. Checking back tomorrow.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited November 2012
    I have an update on the ice sculpture issue. While my graphics drivers were up to date, I found there is a new beta driver available and I installed that. Now my ice sculptures are appearing properly. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't be comfortable with a beta driver, but if they're having this issue, they should keep their eyes out for the newest drivers coming soon!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    EngramEngram Posts: 79 Member
    edited November 2012
    After being updated to a festival venue Verde Park in Starlight Shores no longer functions as a Park venue for the purposes of Simport. Works properly for Simfests. I have not yet tried getting a gig there but it probably works OK. Not really a biggie because I can place another park venue in town but it would have been nice if the existing park venue didn't get "broken" because of the update.
    All aboard the hype train!

Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    #EAGameChangers
  • Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2012
    Don't know if it's the right place to post? :mrgreen: This is not a big problem:
    I still have my Seasons registered game which does not appear yet in My Games on My Page? Anyone else :?:
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • Options
    WeasieLouWeasieLou Posts: 111 Member
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the quick response.

In all games, but not all sims. Currently using an EA made Sim in Barnacle Bay.

Will try the factory reset (have not done that yet).
  • Options
    ArinmericArinmeric Posts: 16
    edited November 2012
    I cant (ice)skate and snowboard. Can somebody help me :?: :(
  • Options
    pisces4peacepisces4peace Posts: 6
    edited November 2012
    I'm having a similar issue as some other simmers with the wrapped omni plant/bills bug.

My sim just got back from vacation when I noticed 6 bills and one packaged omni plant. There were no interactions with the mailbox when suddenly within 6 hours of being home one more omni plant and three more bills showed up in the inventory.

I've Never used any mods, have Seasons, all the latest patches (store/game), the game was one I started fresh with the download of Seasons, I'm playing in Hidden Springs with Win 7 and a download of the game from Origin. I do have store content downloaded but nothing from the exchange or anything for that matter that did not come from EA.

I guess I'm hoping that if enough people report this bug it will be brought to EA's attention because I'm really not interested in modifying my game when the issue stems from the manufacturer itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
  • Options
    Sontine84Sontine84 Posts: 37 Member
    edited November 2012
    I just wanted to post some issues I had noticed in my game so I hope this is the right place. I read through the first page and I'm pretty sure I didn't see any of these on there. These all seemed to appear after I had installed Seasons.

1 --> I had a family of my mother, myself and my son that I had created before I installed Seasons. When my son aged up from a toddler to a child, I noticed that when I would scroll over myself in the relationship panel that it listed him as my significant other but had the best friend symbol next to it....
    As well as on the load family screen he was clearly wearing childrens clothes but had the height and build of a teenager and they were standing as a couple would.

2-->During Spooky day I was planning my costumes and noticed, at least for young adults and elders, that you can use the alien mask, but I can't find the outfit that is supposed to go with it in CAS.

3-->I noticed someone mentioned this in a separate post, but I wanted to re-iterate that I was also having the issue with hot chocolate and hot cider at the Winter Festival not warming my sims back up. Actually they just stood their after buying it, wouldn't even drink it, and when I queued another action it just disappeared. They were in the children stage if that makes any difference.

4-->And a few smaller things I noticed were every time a sim walks through a door they do a complete 360 before continuing through it, and service sims, (ie: paperboy/girl and mailman/woman) never wearing outerwear, even in a blizzard. Also I read on Carl's Sims 3 guide that snowflake day takes place the last Thursday of the season and on the career panel of my current family it is circled as a Monday, but keeps failing to trigger the special day.

And one last thing, the only custom content I have is from the Sims 3 store. No where else.

I hope my information helps with the creation of any future patches. Been simming for years, my favorite game ever. Hope to see these issues fixed! Thanks so much!
  • Options
    janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited November 2012
    @janvel831: How Big is your travelDB.package file ? Try moving that to the desktop. It will be recreated. If the usage is that high, you can tell yourself why you get Error 12. If the suggestions doesn't work, I need you to post in technical like everyone else.

Hi Crinrict,
    I just wanted to give up an update. I moved the travelDB.package to my desk top as you suggested, but I also deleted all the memories of all my Sims including the horse and disabled the memories. I then also deleted everything from the family inventory.
    My husband also pointed out to me that I was looking at the wrong thing when I gave you the numbers for the amount of memory the game was using (the numbers were much lower). Either way, doing all of the above seemed to have worked and I was able to travel without getting the error 12 message.

I still do not understand why I am having the problem now when I never had it before, but if it does persist I will post in technical.

I just wanted to thank you again for all of your help. You are amazing and I truly feel that EA should be paying you. Thank you so much :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm having an occaional bug were I see the mailman put a gift in my mailbox but when I have my sim click on it they can't get the mail. There is no get mail or pay bills option. The only thing available is send love letters to but I specifically see the mailman put the gift in.

No cc or mods and latest patch. Happens in new games and saved ones.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited November 2012
    Not sure if its a bug or just an oversight by EA but the hot drinks from the food stalls on festival lots do NOT warm up your sims .
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2012
    Crin it would seem that since seasons I can no longer delete part of the chimney. Before I could. If you place a fireplace in the living room on the first floor for example the chimey may show up on the second floor or in another room and trying to delete the chimeney also now delets the fireplace.

This didn't happen before installing seasons and the latest patch. You use to be able to delete the chimeney.
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited December 2012
    I just installed Seasons, had Patch 1.42 installed already. I am playing fresh game, no mods at all, no cc no previously saved game. My game freezes and crashes when I invite another sim to move in. Family has not traveled. Father was abducted by aliens though. No seeds in inventory. I'm playing on Windows 7.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    @enkeli63: Thanks for the update. I'll add that as a solution

@EngramAu: Can you explain how it's not working for SimPort ?

@yoda65: Yes, we all have that problem. Russkii is working on it

@Arinmeric: Please answer the questions in the second post

@Sontine84: I'll be adding. Don't have answers for you

@janvel831: Cause the game gets bigger over time and the more content you add, the bigger they get. Seasons probably makes the savegames bigger again cause of all the weather info but I have no insight in the code, so I can't tell what it is.

@julienrob2004: I don't know if they are supposed to do that or not. I'll be adding to the not sure if bugs list

@catloverplayer: That just maybe a bug fix rather than a bug. Not sure if you're supposed to to that.

----

The rest is either on the list or belongs in technical.

I'll be doing the adding on Monday before I wrap up here.

Thank you all for participating. Have all fun playing. I know I have.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited December 2012
    As soon as a Sim enters the igloo he/she gets reset.
    Anyone else?
    Here is the error log:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <NRaas.ErrorTrap>
    <ModVersion value="71"/>
    <BuildVersion value="0.2.0.190"/>
    <Installed value="BaseGame, EP1, SP1, EP2, SP2, EP3, SP3, EP4, SP4, EP5, SP5, EP6, EP7, EP8"/>
    <Enumerator value="4"/>
    <Content>

-- Script Errors --

Object:

Name: Luisa Libros
     Type: Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim
     Object id: 0x793e00514b546f30
     Position: (880.4838, 20.2547, 1429.0080)
     Room id: 0
     Level: 0
     Flags: InWorld, IsUsed
     Lot: Sims3.Gameplay.Core.Lot
     Lot Name: Landratten-Bude
     Lot Address: Korallen-Ebene 25
     IsValid: True
     World: NonShipping
     OnVacation: False
     Household: Caliente
     LotHome: Landratten-Bude
     Active Actor
    SimDescription:

Name: Luisa Libros
     SimDescriptionId: 3476779211561651696
     LotHomeId: 0
     HomeWorld: NonShipping
     Proper Genealogy
     Species: Human
     Household: Caliente
     Occult: None
     Alien: 0
     Career: Wissenschaft (1)
     Lot: Landratten-Bude
     Address: Korallen-Ebene 25
     Skill Logik: 3
     Skill Charisma: 5
     Skill Kochen: 0
     Skill Schach: 2
     Skill Wasserbomben-/Schneeballschlacht: 0
     Skill Gartenarbeit: 0
     Skill Geschicklichkeit: 3
     Trait Sinn für Humor
     Trait Bücherwurm
     Trait Loser
     Trait Begeistert
     Trait Chosen
     Trait Freundlich

Interactions:
    1: Entspannen
    Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Beds.EnterRelaxing+Definition
    Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Beds.EnterRelaxing+Definition

Counter: 3
     Sim-Time: So. um 11:40
     Start-Time: 11/30/2012 18:22:23
     PreLoadup-Time: 11/30/2012 18:24:08
     Loadup-Time: 11/30/2012 18:25:19
     Log-Time: 11/30/2012 21:06:59

System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
    #0: 0x00014 callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Beds.BedRelax+Definition:Test (Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim,Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Beds.Bed,bool,Sims3.SimIFace.GreyedOutTooltipCallback&amp;) (2ACEBBE8 [92803CC0] [906821C8] [1] [7DE7D374] )
    #1: 0x0014b callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionDefinition`3:Test (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstanceParameters&amp;,Sims3.SimIFace.GreyedOutTooltipCallback&amp;) (2ACEBBE8 [vt:7DE7D33C] [7DE7D374] )
    #2: 0x00017 callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance:Test () ()
    #3: 0x0008d callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.InteractionQueue:InsertInteraction (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance,int) (91C502D0 [38BDC540] [1] )
    #4: 0x0001b call       in Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.InteractionQueue:AddInteraction (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance,bool) (91C502D0 [38BDC540] [0] )
    #5: 0x00006 call       in Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.InteractionQueue:Add (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance) (91C502D0 [38BDC540] )
    #6: 0x00035 callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Beds.Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Beds.EnterRelaxing:MaybePushRelax () ()
    #7: 0x0009a call       in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Beds.Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Beds.EnterRelaxing:Run () ()
    #8: 0x000c1 stloc.u1   in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance:RunInteractionWithoutCleanup () ()
    #9: 0x00348 stloc.u1   in Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.InteractionQueue:ProcessOneInteraction () ()
    #10: 0x0011c stfld.u1   in Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim:DoInteraction () ()
    #11: 0x00015 br.s       in Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim:Simulate () ()
    #12: 0x00027 leave.s    in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:Simulate () ()

Loaded Assemblies:
     AweCore
     Buzz_MoarInteractions
     ClassCleanBot
     ClassHarvestRobot
     Debugging
     NRaasConsigner: Version 17
     NRaasDebugEnabler: Version 50
     NRaasErrorTrap: Version 71
     NRaasMasterController: Version 107
     NRaasMasterControllerCheats: Version 94
     NRaasMasterControllerProgression: Version 95
     NRaasOverwatch: Version 89
     NRaasRegister: Version 68
     NRaasRetuner: Version 1
     NRaasSecondImage: Version 4
     NRaasStoryProgression: Version 229
     NRaasStoryProgressionExpanded: Version 231
     NRaasStoryProgressionExtra: Version 228
     NRaasTraffic: Version 18
     NRaasTraveler: Version 53
     ScriptCore
     SimIFace
     Sims3GameplayObjects
     Sims3GameplaySystems
     Sims3Metadata
     Sims3StoreObjects
     StoreObjectsGardenStation
     StoreObjectsPeaShooter
     StoreObjectsPvZSunFlower
     StoreObjectsTeppanyakiGrill
     StoreObjectsZoe
     System
     System.Xml
     TreasureBox
     UI
     mscorlib
     velocitygrass_AddAnyLotSize
    </Content>
    </NRaas.ErrorTrap>

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    KrazyAngelKat81KrazyAngelKat81 Posts: 492 Member
    edited December 2012
    janvel831 wrote:
    Hi Crin,
    I have found a new gardening glitch that seems to be triggered by Seasons.

Just dropping in to say I too have had this issue and that was in a new game I started after Seasons was installed. Plants that were in harvest state when frozen are stuck saying harvest but with nothing to gather from them.
    KrazyAngelKat81's Links:
    My Simblr (Tumblr): Love and Scenery Sims 4
    My Official Sims 4 Downloads:
    LandSS4%20Banner.jpg
  • Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hey Crin, don't know of this has been mentioned before but I'm pretty sure there's a glitch with sims who had Painting skill maxed before Seasons patch, just like gardening. Only in this case, it's connected to snowman building. No matter how many snowmen I build, I NEVER discover any new styles apart from the classic snowman. I must have built around 300 so far (not exaggerating, I play my collector sim with needs on static).

The reason I'm saying Painting skill is because when you build a snowman, there's a paintbrush icon on the action, kind of like when you're painting on an easel if you have Extra creative trait.

P.S. Found a solution to that though: as long as somebody I know can craft the other snowmen, I can tell them to start a specific snowman, then cancel their action and have my main sim continue. He never gets a notification about discovering a new snowman style but he does learn it and can craft it afterwards. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    @Cyron43: Post the log at Twallans. He can tell you what's wrong

@KrazyAngelKat81: If you're not opposed to mods, use Overwatch. It has a fix now

@Joolster: Thanks for that info.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Nemigurl1979Nemigurl1979 Posts: 62 New Member
    edited December 2012
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    -no, I have no custom content

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    -I am not using any mods at all

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    -I never had any

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?

5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ?
    -I have seasons and the patch

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    -I'm not sure. My "version" is 16.0.136.019001

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    -This is a new game

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    - They are new

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    -sunset valley

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    -win 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.
    -dvd version

additional info:
    -I have all EP

When it started
    - It started with Seasons

-Reinstalling the games did not help, restarting did now help, resetting the town did not have an affect,

The problem is with the Ghost hunter carreer. When getting a job, where you have to scan rooms of a house to find the ghosts, and then evict them, does not work anymore. Thegame tells me I find the ghosts, but they never show up. So I am unable to evict the ghosts to finnish the job. This happens to all my sims.

• Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited December 2012
    I have winter now in my game. The sims leave no footprints behind them when they walk in snow. The snow looks untouched.

I have all game settings on the highest, except Antialiasing.

I have a new gaming computer with 16 GB RAM and Windows 7. My game is patched to 1.42. I have all EP's except Supernatural, all DVD's. I do have CC, and they work fine (I've also used the "Dashboard" program to check them, and they are fine).

Mods I use are the latest versions of:

DebugEnabler
    ErrorTrap
    Overwatch
    MasterController
    Register
    Woohooer
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    2owls1lark2owls1lark Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    1)I have most of the EA store content, but only a handful of non-EA content (mostly just a few clothes and patterns). I also use some mods.

2)I have most of Twallan's mods, including Story Progression, Error Trap, Master Controller, and Overwatch.

3)I took them all out. I also reinstalled all of Sims 3 at the time.

4)I always update my mods as soon as Twallan puts up a new version.

5)Seasons

6)Patch 1.42

7)I am playing a new game I started after installing Seasons.

8)The Sims I am playing are Sims I created in an earlier game and saved. When I reinstalled, I put them back in my SavedSims folder and recreated my family.

9)the EA world Riverview

10) Win 7, 64-bit version

11) DVD version

Since playing Seasons, I have had a number of strange problems.

1) Every day, when I start the game up for the first time, some of my Sims have cancelled their queue. For example, just before saving and then quitting the night before, I told one of my Sims to eat a bowl of leftovers, then shower, then go to bed. The next day, when I start playing again, the bowl of food is in their inventory, and they are just standing there, doing nothing.

2)I have also had a problem where some moodlets get "stuck". For example, the "Well Rested" moodlet does not disappear once my Sim starts getting tired. Instead of having a time remaining underneath, it just has a dash. And when I mouse over the moodlet, it just has the icon. The rest of the pop up is blank.
    I have a hunch that this might be related to the problem with Sims dying during the eating contests. I came to this conclusion because one of my Sims was stuck with the "Hungry" moodlet. Every time they ate, they would get more and more hungry. The only way to resolve the problem was to do a hard reset of the Sim, using Master Controller.

I also thought you might be interested to know that it is possible to save a Sim who dies during the eating contest. If you reset them as soon as they collapse, they do not die.

Also, the AMB digital photo frame does not work if you have already placed greeting card photos and prom pictures up on the wall or stood them on a desk or dresser. Only when I took a picture straight from the inventory and dragged it into the frame did it work.

• Options
    lvnmylife25flvnmylife25f Posts: 45 New Member
    edited December 2012
    This thread is not only informative, but very easy to understand, so I am posting my issue/question here.:)

Has anyone else had a problem with unraked leaves causing...err...roaches? I have this, and need to know how to get rid of them. I really, really don't want to have to use the collect them option. That is sooo gross. Thanks for any and all help!
    P.S. I do not have any custom content or mods, unless store bought content counts.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Cyron43: Post the log at Twallans. He can tell you what's wrong.
    I don't know whether it's my browser or what else but I cannot post there even though I have a valid account and being logged in.
    The site always claims submitting posts is deactivated.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Cyron43: Post the log at Twallans. He can tell you what's wrong.
    I don't know whether it's my browser or what else but I cannot post there even though I have a valid account.
    Either the login fails or the site claims "this page is locked".
    This space is for rent.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top