Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited December 2012
    Sims get stuck on toilet after alien abduction. I'm not saying that's what's causing it but that's when it started. I"ve moved sims in and out, bulldozed house, reset lot, reset sim, reset town, and nothing. I moved to different house and same thing. I have no mods or cc or even store items in my game.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hey crinrict, there isn't going to be a fix for this (I don't think) outside of buying new hardware, but I thought I'd let you know that some graphic cards are no longer being supported by Seasons.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/618704.page#9867269

I can still play and build, but I have to turn off certain weather effects or else there is a lot of texture issues, specifically with water and snow.

Other than that, I've been really busy with RL, so I can't report any new bugs that others haven't done already. I just thought I'd pass this along.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited December 2012
    @Nemigurl1979: Yes, it's a bug. Happening since SN. No solution

@Cororon: Graphical issue, please post in technical. Are your drivers updated.

@2owls1lark: I did that do my drowning girl the other day. Was glad I was able to save her. I'll add your issues

@lvnmylife25f: It also seems to spawn squirrels and chipmunks. Not sure if the the leaves cause spawners like the alchemy station does.

To find out

1. Use the cheats testingcheatsenabled true and buydebug on to turn on buydebug
    2. Open the lot in build mode
    3. Check if there are any spawners, if so, delete them

@Cyron43: According to twallan, it's a Awesome mod error.

@SpiderCrowWolf: I'll add

@ZeekSlider: Thanks

---

Be adding in the morning after that I'm done here. I need a break for a while.

Thanks all.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited December 2012
    Thank you crin. :-)
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    lvnmylife25flvnmylife25f Posts: 45 New Member
    edited December 2012
    [quote=crinrict
    @lvnmylife25f: It also seems to spawn squirrels and chipmunks. Not sure if the the leaves cause spawners like the alchemy station does.

To find out

1. Use the cheats testingcheatsenabled true and buydebug on to turn on buydebug
    2. Open the lot in build mode
    3. Check if there are any spawners, if so, delete the

Be adding in the morning after that I'm done here. I need a break for a while.

Thanks all.[/quote]

Thank you so much,crinrict ! I never thought of buydebug. Thankfully,when I went back into my game after closing for awhile they were gone.I'll have to remember your advice for next time :)
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited December 2012
    I've updated the thread for the last time. This concludes my work here.

You're all still welcome to post your issues. EA is monitoring this thread.

Thank you all for participating and maybe next time. I have not made a decision yet.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited December 2012
    Eggs aren't spawning in Central park during Spring all Spring everyday I have looked over central park early in the morning and there is no eggs

I have no Mods or CC just a few bits n pieces of store content installed atm

Edit - I fixed the issue I set the season back to Spring and edited town and deleted the festival grounds and placed a new one from the lots bin and it now works, My Sims now have eggs to hunt :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited December 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    I've updated the thread for the last time. This concludes my work here.

You're all still welcome to post your issues. EA is monitoring this thread.

Thank you all for participating and maybe next time. I have not made a decision yet.

Thank you for all of your painstaking determination and your selfless help, crinrict.

There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • Options
    janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited December 2012
    Thank you Crinrict for the terrific job and your dedication to helping all of us. Really hope to see you next time.
  • Options
    SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited December 2012
    Just wanted to update you that the counters are now connecting properly in my game again. I do not know what happened as I didn't change anything. But it's working now. Also, as far as the laggy diving board, it only happend to one of my sims. it is the one i have been playing with from the start of this current save in sunlit tides. im not sure what that means, but i thought it might be important to the gurus. Thanks for your time.

Ok so I was just able to recreate the counter issue. It happened while using the seasonal lot marker in the common mode after switching from summer. Maybe this is something that will be fixed when seasons comes out?

I have been having this issue, but I have found a workaround. If you place the counters before placing the seasonal lot marker, the corners stay in place. Any counters I placed after the season lot marker wouldn't retain the corner pieces. Hope this helps.

And thank you so much for this thread Crinrict
  • Options
    KrazyAngelKat81KrazyAngelKat81 Posts: 492 Member
    edited December 2012
    crinrict wrote:

@KrazyAngelKat81: If you're not opposed to mods, use Overwatch. It has a fix now

Nope not opposed at all - didn't realise Twallan had updated again... thank you. :)
    KrazyAngelKat81's Links:
    My Simblr (Tumblr): Love and Scenery Sims 4
    My Official Sims 4 Downloads:
    LandSS4%20Banner.jpg
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited December 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Cororon: Graphical issue, please post in technical. Are your drivers updated.

I completely forgot that I had the "No Mosaic" mod! An old version. :oops: That was the cause! And also probably why there's no water or apples in the festival tub. :oops:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Here's another issue. Ever since Patch 1.42 my female sims have been pregnant anywhere from 4 sim days to 2 sim weeks.It's no longer 3 sim days. I'm wondering if the coding messed up because of the male pregnancy. Still no mods in my game and no travelling.
  • Options
    JennyRo12JennyRo12 Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    For quite a while every time my kids go to school they have the "unfriendly vampire" moodlet. Even when they get home or graduate, the moodlet stays. It's just always on there. :?

My married sims would not move in after a ceremony. However, I have not tried to marry since I installed seasons.

My kid was "germy" and missed school, so grandmas scolded him. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or if it happened because he wasn't actually sick.

My game has had trouble saving twice during heavy snow. The game crashes after attempting to save for around 40 minutes.

Seasons is still pretty sweet though!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2012
    Crin

A lot of people are having freezing issues with Bridgeport especially around the festival lot. Please add this.

I believe this to be a stabibility issue and fixable with a patch.

See this thread
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/620178.page
  • Options
    SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Crin

A lot of people are having freezing issues with Bridgeport especially around the festival lot. Please add this.

See this thread

I posted in the thread Catlover mentioned about the constant freezes in Bridgeport and the city's unplayability. (Thanks again Cat)! Even though I explained the issue in depth in that thread, I'd like to add a little more here since I've been told that this is the thread that EA checks. Anyways, some of the roads seem broken/bugged in Bridgeport, (especially in the celebrity hills area), meaning that at multiple points in the roads, Sims riding in cars or taxis constantly get out of the vehicles and stand around for a while before getting back in their cars instead of just remaining in their cars the whole time till their destination. I never had this problem before patch 1.42, (or any freezing in Bridgeport for that matter) and have seen that since patching their game a lot of players have experienced freezes/lag in Bridgeport making in unplayable. I do think that this road routing issue is causing the freezing problems in addition to the area around the festival lot, since players have mentioned that as a trouble spot as well.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited December 2012
    What catloverplayer and SadieStar said.

I play Bridgeport and it freezes a lot since Seasons/patch 1.42, and sims get out of their cars to just stand there and then continue with the car, or they get out to run for a bit and then take the car again, or some other means of transportation.

I get many reports every sim day about unroutable sims.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I read on the first page that some have problems throwing the costume party. I can't throw any of the new party types. I go through all the motions of throwing a party of inviting guests, what time, what type etc click the ok at the bottom and then nothing. No popup telling me my party will be at such and such time. I have no mods, no cc and no store content. I tried moving sims out and back in, moved to a different house, cleared cache, rebooted pc, reset sim, reset lot, reset town, played another family, played a different game and even started a new fresh clean folder and still nothing.
  • Options
    BlyssciaBlysscia Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hello there.

I'm having a problem with the "harvest" interaction on community lots and in WA countries/worlds (e.g. nectary).

Before, I could click "harvest" and my sim would harvest every harvestable plant on the lot. Meaning they would go from grapevine to grapevine and then tree to tree.
    I could also queue up the next direction like "jog inside" and "shower" and "sleep."

Now my sims only harvest one plant at a time and all other directions are gone after they finish the action.

"Tend garden" still works on my home lot and the sims will move from plant to plant.

Thanks for any help!
    I do not have mods or custom content.
  • Options
    Adventure4U1Adventure4U1 Posts: 239 Member
    edited December 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    Mod Issues

- Issues with Lifetime Wishes --> Outdated memory mods. After loosing a LTW because of a Mod, you need to reapply in CAS
    - Issues with Lifetime Rewards
    - Issues with Jumping out of Actions
    - Issues with missing skills
    - Issues with missing Interactions
    - Missing effects (namely fairy wings) --> NoMosaic, NoEffects
    - Zoom going crazy --> Scan for spirits increased
    - Elixir store is never open --> NoPaparazzi
    - Missing books --> Any book mods as well as new custom books such as the Harry Potter book (that's a mod too)
    - Alchemy table and beehive jumping --> Mods that deal with ingredients.
    - Sims reset when using the ice/roller skating rink (CherelleMason, Druscylla, fennellmr) --> Any skilling mod
    - Empty food lists (Zagreus74, mandababy2003. MElSG0D and others)
    --> Caused by KT's Store Fix and probably buy all food mods
    --> Might have other reasons

Errors caused by Twallan's Mods

Twallan updates frequently. Make sure you have the newest version

- Sims get stuck while skating (EatChees)
    --> Related to GoHere
    - Sims can't swim in the ocean. Interaction gets canceled
    --> Related to OW, ET and MC. Affected games probably can't be saved
    - Sims can't throw parties
    --> Related to MasterController
    - Festival never comes to town
    --> Related to ErrorTrap. Replace the festival lot from the bin.

I just wanted to say that sometimes when I try to lock my pets up, Over watch rests them! Annoying. I basically have to make them tired all the time so they won't bother my family.
    Life is an Adventure
    Not a movie
  • Options
    Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited December 2012
    SadieStar wrote:
    Crin

See this thread

I posted in the thread Catlover mentioned about the constant freezes in Bridgeport and the city's unplayability. (Thanks again Cat)! Even though I explained the issue in depth in that thread, I'd like to add a little more here since I've been told that this is the thread that EA checks. Anyways, some of the roads seem broken/bugged in Bridgeport, (especially in the celebrity hills area), meaning that at multiple points in the roads, Sims riding in cars or taxis constantly get out of the vehicles and stand around for a while before getting back in their cars instead of just remaining in their cars the whole time till their destination. I never had this problem before patch 1.42, (or any freezing in Bridgeport for that matter) and have seen that since patching their game a lot of players have experienced freezes/lag in Bridgeport making in unplayable. I do think that this road routing issue is causing the freezing problems in addition to the area around the festival lot, since players have mentioned that as a trouble spot as well.

Bridgeport was notorious for routing issues that caused lag. Overwatch was helpful as a temporary daily fix, but the only real solution was for someone to remove all of the problems with incorrect intersections, unroutable terrain, and stuck Sims in the mountains.

Ellacharmed did an amazing job correcting the coding in Bridgeport and I've been using her world fixes religiously ever since.

Check out ellacharmed's Bridgeport.world with Routing Fixes Applied.
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • Options
    Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Hmm... Just got Seasons and it seems to have fixed a few bugs like telescopes and rock analysis. However... I wound up with a persistant processing screen when Miss Rogers of Moonlight Falls invited me to move in with her at her party. She was living in the expensive Modern Mansion. It was a bit odd really her offering me to move in (since I was an Evil sim and her Good.) Anyway... After I clicked the check button the game just seemed to freeze. The processing logo showed up, but nothing was happening for a VERY long time and I gave up waiting and Control+Alt+Deleted and killed the game. Not sure what really happened there. I know I never saved up to that point though. I've got to start all the way over. Bleh! I think I had about 3 or more skills mastered. It was early Spring (Valentine's Day sort of holiday going on) when the party was taking place. I chose to pack everything I owned to take with me. I had a small collection of things compared to most games I've played in Moonlight Falls. Just seemed like a random glitch. Might not happen again. It sure set me back though. Oh, well. I'll just chalk it up to learning about Seasons stuff and go on with a new game. Hopefully it won't repeat itself.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Here's my update and this may be just with my game, but once I took the game off the computer running Windows 7 and put back onto my computer with Windows Vista all these problems fixed themselves. I knew it was something to do with 7 although I put off doing it as it is a major pain moving files from one computer to another and I can't afford an EHD right now.

So just a sugestion: I know the graphics won't look as good but I'd rather have an enjoyable playable game than a game with outstanding graphics that I can't play.
  • Options
    SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited December 2012
    SadieStar wrote:
    Crin

See this thread

Bridgeport was notorious for routing issues that caused lag. Overwatch was helpful as a temporary daily fix, but the only real solution was for someone to remove all of the problems with incorrect intersections, unroutable terrain, and stuck Sims in the mountains.

Ellacharmed did an amazing job correcting the coding in Bridgeport and I've been using her world fixes religiously ever since.

Check out ellacharmed's Bridgeport.world with Routing Fixes Applied.

Thank you so much Wreck_Driver for posting the code-corrected world. I will check it out--how helpful! I only hope that EA will fix these new patch-caused Bridgeport routing/freezing issues as I was one of the lucky players who never had a problem before.
  • Options
    LoxlyLoxly Posts: 152 New Member
    edited December 2012
    After some more experimentation, it looks like "Freaking Out" stops Fun from ever dropping below the mid-point. Even using testingcheatsenabled.

A new neurotic Sim, that has never Freaked Out before can have his Fun Meter adjusted to any point. Once they Freak Out, they can't be.

Testing was done in a new game without any CC or Mods.

Non-Neurotic Sims in the same household function normally.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?

Not in the current game.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods

Not in the current game.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)

Pull them all out before starting a new game in a 'hood I've tried before.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?

Yes, prior to removing them to see if any Mod was causing the bug.

5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ?

Seasons.

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

Fully patched.

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?

Seen both in New and Existing.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?

The Neurotic Sim was new, non-Neurotic was Pre-Made.

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?

Custom Worlds: Jericho and Buttercup Meadows
    EA World: Sunset Valley

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)

XP

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.

DVD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top