Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Bug Thread

Comments

• seebrooklynseebrooklyn Posts: 34
    edited December 2012
    I have two issues:

1. I can't save and quit my game. I can only save the game, then I have to open the launcher and try to quit the game manually or reset my entire computer.

2. My sims won't work, at least professionally. She only works from home, but if she gets a job online or in the newspaper, when the car arrives to pick her up, she won't get in. She's self-employed as a writer from home. But my other Sims can work outside.

I haven't downloaded any mods or anything, just from the store.
  • nasonexdropnasonexdrop Posts: 74 Member
    edited December 2012
    Since installing seasons and patch my internet explorer keeps closing.
    Also when using buydebug cheats to add I think it is the wildflowers - big white boxes everywhere telling me missing objects . Very long codes given with different numbers. I hope others haven't mentioned this but I haven't been able to find a thread thanks
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited December 2012
    My sims go to work on a holiday. They get no holidays at all, just the pre seasons weekends. Same with unpaid time off....if they schedule unpaid time off they still get in a carpool and go to work. If they don't their job performance drops.

Sims get stuck constantly. Every 5 minutes they have to be reset.
  • Wilhyral1Wilhyral1 Posts: 97 Member
    edited December 2012
    Since I installed Seasons, there's been quite a few glitches. During saving it crashes. Have to save by house and quit via the house. 'Save and quit' causes a crash.
    Same here, since I installed Seasons it's been crash-on-save about every other time or so. I'm probably just gonna leave the game to gather dust until they can roll out a fix. TS3 used to be so steady for me too.

It seems more prone to crash-on-save if there's been any inclement weather (not just rain puddles), and if someone's outside the house, or after using build mode.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited December 2012
    mine crashes as soon as it loads. I uninstalled Seasons, but the problem remains.
  • NameGaniNameGani Posts: 57 Member
    edited December 2012
    I understand that this forum is no longer being looked into by the OP but it should still be at least psuedo-monitored by EA. I don't have the patience to look through all 60 pages of bug reports, replies and possible fixes so if I missed something I apologize in advance. From what I was able to tell, this issue has not been reported; at least not what has been happening to me.

My issue: I have no vendors showing up at the festival grounds so festival tickets cannot be redeemed nor can food be purchased. I had vendors show up for the first two seasons then never again. Kissing booth attendants do show up but spend half the time away from the booth being idle. Kissing booth attendants also don't seem to perform their job when a client comes up they just stand there until the client spazes out with the routing issue bubble. That is, if anyone ever shows up to the festival grounds which is rare.

I tried to reset the lot, reset the vendor carts and even bulldoze and replace the lot (with the same festival grounds) in edit town and it is like I didn't do a thing.

I have noticed that the festival tickets in the inventory of my sims with the festival frequenter LTR keep multiplying in large amounts. One even has just shy of 500,000 tickets that can't be redeemed.

I do have SN installed and have noticed that on full moons approximately 90% of the non-occult population gets turned into zombies and the homeless then disappear until the next full moon when they go zombie again. I don't know if this is related to my missing food vendors or not.

As for what I'm running:

No CC, several Twallan mods (all up to date), all EPs are digital download and patched to latest version before installing SN and Seasons. This is a new game in Moonlight Falls and a newly created family though I did add a couple families created before SN and Seasons as townies.

~edited for spelling
  • MsalexbbyMsalexbby Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    I am getting seriously frustrated with this, because I have looked everywhere from an answer and I would appreciate feed back if possible. I am no longer able to ask a sim to move in, ask to marry, or get married. I get every other romance interaction except to marry or move in. This is starting to get on my nerves because like I said I have looked everywhere. And I have disabled cc and deleted the mod from my game. I have also deleted catches. So if there is another way to fix this can anyone please help.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes. Both.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods.. Nrass whooohooer.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)... I dont get this but when I noticed the problem I deleted the mod from my game and then I disabled the cc.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Yes.
    5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ? Just the patch.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.42
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New/premade.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD.
  • toxutatoxuta Posts: 23
    edited December 2012
    When I have my sims use the multitab to listen to tabcasts it doesn't work and my sims reset when trying to wash an animal in the tub.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited December 2012
    Wilhyral1 wrote:
    Since I installed Seasons, there's been quite a few glitches. During saving it crashes. Have to save by house and quit via the house. 'Save and quit' causes a crash.
    Same here, since I installed Seasons it's been crash-on-save about every other time or so. I'm probably just gonna leave the game to gather dust until they can roll out a fix. TS3 used to be so steady for me too.

It seems more prone to crash-on-save if there's been any inclement weather (not just rain puddles), and if someone's outside the house, or after using build mode.

I love the Sims so much, I could never walk away from it.

When it works, its the best game in the world. :mrgreen:

I have found disabling memories has helped. I can at least play my current house as long as I save by house, then quit. Loading times and saves are much quicker now. 8)

Too afraid to do anything else! :shock:
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    edited December 2012
    Not sure if this bug(?) is listed here because I haven't gone through every page, but I wanted to know if Alien babies, toddlers and children really have no voice? My alien baby (brought back by an abducted male Sim) never cried aloud (although he still woke up his parents when he was distressed) and made no sounds or vocalizations all through his infancy, toddlerhood and now childhood. Is this working as intended, or is it a bug?

Also, I am getting the same bills/Omniplant issue that others have mentioned.

And I had three deaths by drowning at my pool party on Leisure Day. This seems a bit high/extreme - is this a bug or something else entirely?
    edited December 2012
    EA employees don't monitor these boards. I was told by several when I had to wind up calling that they are not allowed to come to these boards while they are working. I don't understand that as this is part of their job...which to me means they don't care....they took our money for the EPs and game and now we have to deal with it or rely on mods to correct our problems. The only way to actually get them to do something would be to either call them or tweet the gurus, as I"m beginning to learn.
  • pattid914pattid914 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I RESENTLY REDOWNLOADED THE 'SUPER-PATCHER' FROM THE SIMS 3 WEBSITE AND THAT HELP WITH A COUPLE OF ISSUES I WAS HAVING. they had me go to:

sims3.com
    click 'community' in top row
    click 'techical discussions' under general discussions
    click 'Official EA Download Link for The Sims 3 *Cumulative* Manual Update'
    under Cumulative Base Game 1.42.130 Super Patcher for The Sims 3,
    click http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims...TS3_1.42.130.0190xx_update.exe

HOPE THAT WORKS FOR YOUS. :D
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited December 2012
    My problem w/Greeting Cards solved!

There is a bug with the Greeting Card Booth listed on page one of this thread, but no resolution was posted. Some people complained about having blank pictures from the booth at the festivals. Here is what I did that solved the problem for me. Try this-- (you must have World Adventures installed):

I figured this glitch was related to photography, so I went into buydebug, and bought a camera. My Sim took a couple of pictures, I checked the camera, and was able to view the pics. Went back to the festival, took a Greeting Card photo, and this time it worked! The picture came out perfectly fine and viewable, and I was able to hang it in my Sim's house, and upload it to my wall.

Hope this helps someone.
  • daria_is_odddaria_is_odd Posts: 810 New Member
    edited December 2012
    when hosting gift giving party I receive gifts that are lage white boxes called "error object"
    and you can't delete or put it back in your inventory
    so I you just have to place it somewhere random :/
    edited December 2012
    You can get rid of those large white boxes if you click on sell all in the family inventory. Make sure you have what you want out of there though first.
  • Butterfly_KikaButterfly_Kika Posts: 50
    edited December 2012
    Okay, just got seasons today and I was playing and everything was fine until my witch sim was abducted.

after she was returned it was like she wasn't a witch anymore. However, looking at her in create-a-sim told me she was still a witch.

Not a fun bug I must say.
  • CombatJoeyCombatJoey Posts: 13
    edited December 2012
    EA employees don't monitor these boards. I was told by several when I had to wind up calling that they are not allowed to come to these boards while they are working. I don't understand that as this is part of their job...which to me means they don't care....they took our money for the EPs and game and now we have to deal with it or rely on mods to correct our problems. The only way to actually get them to do something would be to either call them or tweet the gurus, as I"m beginning to learn.

I feel like they should have someone whose job is to monitor these boards. That seems like good customer service, ya know?
  • Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Generations Chemistry Lab causing multiple career outfits to be created.

So I just got the last two expansions I needed (Generations and Pets) and have all EPs now but no SPs. I was tinkering with learning the chemistery lab potions and it changed me into a science labcoat style career outfit. My Sim prefers to wear red. When I decided to modify the color scheme a bit on the original work uniform I found that now whenever I try to work at the chem lab it redresses me in the original blue version and adds a new career outfit. In fact EVERY time I use the chem lab I get a new outfit in the career menu. I've had as many as 5 of them. I keep deleting them right now. I'd hate to wind up with a corupted save because of them if such can happen. Anyway just a bug I noticed.
  • JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited December 2012
    Generations Chemistry Lab causing multiple career outfits to be created.

So I just got the last two expansions I needed (Generations and Pets) and have all EPs now but no SPs. I was tinkering with learning the chemistery lab potions and it changed me into a science labcoat style career outfit. My Sim prefers to wear red. When I decided to modify the color scheme a bit on the original work uniform I found that now whenever I try to work at the chem lab it redresses me in the original blue version and adds a new career outfit. In fact EVERY time I use the chem lab I get a new outfit in the career menu. I've had as many as 5 of them. I keep deleting them right now. I'd hate to wind up with a corupted save because of them if such can happen. Anyway just a bug I noticed.

Yep...have to send my sim to the dresser daily and delete them all and this is a bug thats been around awhile :(
  • maley500maley500 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I have got some bugs too :/
    1-Sims don't get sun burnt or freeze to death

2-Dry Leaves come with Fall but don't disappear after Fall.
    İn Summer in Winter i have got dry leaves

3-- Sims don't change into outerwear automatically
  • cassius25cassius25 Posts: 91 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Well I downloaded Season's as a direct download on Friday and everything was working fine until yesterday when after having a gift giving party and doing some minor remodeling in the house then after saving and quitting my game has crashed. :(

Not understanding this because this hasn't happened before. I noticed it's always winter and on a full moon so does that have anything to do with it? I won't do a gift giving party or any upgrades to the house until Spring?
  • BalorC23BalorC23 Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    I don't know if this one has been posted but, every time the season changes the toilets and other bathroom appliances disappear in the parks.
    edited December 2012
    I'm having problems with the holidays. Either I get no observed holidays at all or I get 2. LIke it's winter and there were 2 designated Snowflake Days in that season. Sims still went to work or school though and did not observe. Anyone else having this problem?
  • SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited December 2012
    My sims can't use the skating thingy at the summer festival? They go on it, and then like reset.
  • ArtyArty Posts: 161 Member
    edited December 2012
    I've noticed a couple of annoyances which could possibly be looked at.

1. Create a Household lags. This started around the time of Supernatural. Basically in Everyday Outfits (this applies to all categories though) it seems to take a very very long time to load in all of the outfits. Then if you go to style the outfit using Create a Style, and then go back to the outfits, accessories, etc., it will load all of the outfits again making creating a Sim or entire family very time consuming! When this happens Sims animations and the camera movement is very sluggish, similar to the issue I will describe below.

2. Build and Buy Mode lags. This has been ongoing for awhile and seems to be getting worse. During certain tasks using Build or Buy Mode or even Create a Style it seems that the game engine seems to lag and freeze/stutter and is not able to keep up with building, Create a Styling, or even placing objects. This is important because it makes moving the camera almost impossible too, as the camera slows way down.

3. Loading times are very long. This is expected as the engine is added onto with Stuff Packs and core functionality that Expansion Packs bring, but what's very strange is that when creating a New Saved Game (or even loading one) it takes a very long time, around 5-10 minutes and then some. Loading worlds from The Sims 3 Store (new game) don't appear to take as long as creating a new game with Sunset Valley or Moonlight Falls for example.

I think some fine tuning and optimizing is needed to keep the game nice and playable.

I have all expansion packs and stuff packs. No custom content, no mods. I do own Store Content, mainly Store Worlds and premium content.

System Information
    Windows 8 Pro (64-bit).
    AMD A8 3550MX Quad-Core processor.
    6 GB System Memory.
    1 GB AMD Radeon 6600/6700M dedicated graphics card.
    Visit my website: www.simified.com
    I also make YouTube videos: www.youtube.com/user/simifiedvideos/

<3 The Sims <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top