Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Bug Thread

Comments

• BostonJamesBostonJames Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    In regards to the crashing...

Hey Guys! Having had issues with Seasons CONSTANTLY crashing since Purchase(usually about 3 minutes into actually playing!) I've finally managed a solid 5 hours playing it (at which time I chose to close, it didn't crash) I'd tried literally everything, defragging, clearing my cache, the DEP tweaks, uninstalling, messing around with my system, Virus checks, updates, patches, mods. you name it, with absolutely no success. Today I decided to install Seasons again and use a program called Razer Game Booster alongside it, for those who havnt heard of it it shuts down essentially everything whilst the game is running, ensuring higher performance, it also opens the game itself so nothing goes through the launcher. Thankfully this seemed to work and as noted above I managed 5 hours! Iv yet to experience the winter so it may crash then but I shall let you know how that goes. It also worth noting that I am only using CC suitable for the expansions I own, I deleted everything with an exclamation mark next to it on the Sims Launcher page (though this still didnt help before I started using Razer Game Booster) and I'm also using SpeedFan to regulate my fans, since Seasons seems to slaughter my laptop in comparison to Pets.

Hopefully this method works for some of you!
  • CarisodCarisod Posts: 33 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm beginning to think that we're on our own and EA isn't going to do anything about these problems. The Sim Gurus came back last week per a tweet from Sim Guru Graham and still not one of them in here to say something. Of course today now is New Year's so I'm sure they're off again today but I'm thinking that they only answer questions long enough to sell the EPs and then forget us when we have problems because they already have our money.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • AlchemyAlchemy Posts: 159 Member
    edited January 2013
    Not sure if this has been posted before, but here's my issue:

As soon as a season changes, items disappear. Everything on my ground floor in my house has gone, including the kitchen sink :(

I've uninstalled The Sims 3 completely, including mods, custom content etc, and reinstalled it with just EPs and SPs and still having issues
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited January 2013
    I have these glitches as well:

-Random outfit changes (And I know for a fact it's not trait related)

I sent my sims to eat out and while there I also had them use the karaoke machine. The male sim changed into his athletic wear and the female sim changed into her sleepwear.

Another time I sent my sim to use ST's photobooth and she changed into her swimwear.

Default Career clothes are all messed up and are random clothing/hairstyles and not what's supposed to be the career's level outfit.

Clothes and hair are random. Sometimes the sims will change into their outerwear while indoors.

Using some objects appears to make sims randomly change clothes/hairstyles and other times they seem to just change for no reason at all while just standing around.

Could be a computer issue but yesterday my game would not go to speed 2 or 3. Even though it was, it still progressed as in speed 1. Too much lagging and freezing. I tried resetsim * that helped at first but then didn't really help at all afterwards.

I think Story Progression is broken or something because I play with aging/story progression off and when I switch households and then come back, sometimes the sim has a new job and learned a new skill or sims pets having offspring when I didn't initiate anything before I left the family.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • jaywhittjaywhitt Posts: 662 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Also, random graphic glitches, happens a lot when it snows. Couldn't get a piccie because it flickers all of the time.
  • pokchicpokchic Posts: 144 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I have had sims 3 seasons for less then a week when lines came across the screen. Here' is a link below of a video i took of it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cx8U3gI-yEU
  • AlchemyAlchemy Posts: 159 Member
    edited January 2013
    Alchemy wrote:
    Not sure if this has been posted before, but here's my issue:

As soon as a season changes, items disappear. Everything on my ground floor in my house has gone, including the kitchen sink :(

I've uninstalled The Sims 3 completely, including mods, custom content etc, and reinstalled it with just EPs and SPs and still having issues

Before and After pics:
    Screenshot-11_zps2ab9303d.jpg
    Screenshot-12_zps5e29b071.jpg

Edit: *bangs head* 2013 is clearly off to a fantastic start... will try and fix the images. They show up in message preview but not after submitted
  • pokchicpokchic Posts: 144 New Member
    edited January 2013
    pokchic wrote:
    I have had sims 3 seasons for less then a week when lines came across the screen. Here' is a link below of a video i took of it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cx8U3gI-yEU
    Found out it was just a corrupted file.
  • TtnFn04TtnFn04 Posts: 1,727 New Member
    edited January 2013
    KC8FHS wrote:
    I just installed Seasons this weekend and had a weird bug. The only bug that I've found so far.

One of my households had bunches of babies.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ZippyZX2/Sims3/Babies.jpg

Hope this doesn't continue.

v1.42.130.019001

Tim

That is the funniest screenshot I've ever seen in S3. There's even babies sinking into the ground... and they all seem to be girls? :lol::lol:

Maybe it was one too many fertility treatments? :P
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited January 2013
    Not sure whether this is a bug or not.

My sim set a tall pile of leaves on fire. Then, the entire household panicked as they would have done during a kitchen fire. Come on, the sim setting the leaves on fire should actually expect some flames...

It's summer in my game, do they react like this regardless of what season it is? I'm not sure how the pile of leaves got there, never played the house, so I assume they raked it by free will when I played another house.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited January 2013
    I noticed an issue with trick or treating. I did get one visitor on Spooky Day but I also get people showing up in winter and summer as well. I noticed that this problem was listed on the first few pages of this thread but I wanted to add that I am also experiencing this issue. I do not have any mods and I do have some CC. My game is up to date with all patches.
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hmmm Patch 1.47 released but none of it pertains to any of the issues we listed here. Like I said before, I doubt this game will get fixed now or at time of the new EP or SP. They had every opportunity to fix these issues and won't.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hmmm Patch 1.47 released but none of it pertains to any of the issues we listed here. Like I said before, I doubt this game will get fixed now or at time of the new EP or SP. They had every opportunity to fix these issues and won't.

that makes me so mad :( you are right, they should have fixed it by now. How can we install the upcoming University Life EP with our computers messed up from Seasons?
  • Wilhyral1Wilhyral1 Posts: 97 Member
    edited January 2013

Yep, I just tested it and there's still no fix, for the crash-on-save after build mode. It's a shame, this game used to be stable and supported.
  • WickedLambWickedLamb Posts: 45 Member
    edited January 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? Yes, overwatch
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Yes
    5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ? Seasons
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.42
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? existing
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Appoolosa Plains
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD

I am not sure if this is a seasons problem. Every time my sims reach Level 9 in a career, no matter what they do their level decreases until they get demoted. This has happened twice with the Level 9 Business career. Not sure what the problem is.
    Look deeply into my eyes...what do you see?
  • apluperapluper Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    My game crashes ALL the time now! Usually before a save! Saves take so long for me there is no point in even PLAYING the game. So frustrating.
  • Crizzy2468Crizzy2468 Posts: 628 Member
    edited January 2013
    I just patched my game to version 1.47, and now the two hairstyles that came with Monte Vista (Tuscan Sunhat and La Dolce Vita Updo) are missing. The sims that were wearing those styles now have base game hair. The Monte Vista world, clothing and other objects all seem to be in game.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?

No CC, but I'm using Overwatch, ErrorTrap and MasterController.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods.

I'm only using the ones mentioned above.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?

Yes.

5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ?

I have Seasons.

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

Version 1.47

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?

An existing one.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?

Pre-mades in Monte Vista.

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?

Monte Vista

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)

Windows 7 64 bit.

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.

DVD version.

Edited to include names of hairstyles.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited January 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:

Could be a computer issue but yesterday my game would not go to speed 2 or 3. Even though it was, it still progressed as in speed 1. Too much lagging and freezing. I tried resetsim * that helped at first but then didn't really help at all afterwards.

This issue I believe is related to either stuck sims/pets/using Move Objects cheat/etc. After starting a new save, I don't have that time issue. Still lags and freezes but not nearly as much as the old save.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited January 2013
    WickedLamb wrote:
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? NO
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? None at all

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never had them

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? never had them

5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ? Seasons
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.42
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? existing
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? existing
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA
    Hidden Springs

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD

Usually crashes during CAS if it allows me to get that far. it crashes only a few seconds into the game.
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited January 2013
    Well I just kind of made up my mind that I won't download another EP unless it's extremely spectacular like the traveling to the future one sounds to me. I didn't like University in Sims 2 although this one sounds very good. HOwever I'm tired of going through this hassle of spending 2 months trying to fix my game to only have another EP come out 4 days after I get it playable again.

I can't begin to tell you how many families that I spend a long time with become unplayable with each new expansion pack.

So EA is going to have to step up there game (pun intended) and fix these glitches for all of us.

Do they even read this board? Or do they just say they do to shut us up?
  • AustinG01AustinG01 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited January 2013
    AustinG01 wrote:
    AustinG01 wrote:
    I am having this problem, I recently got seasons EP and when there is a snow level the world like turns white. Not sure if that is to clear what I mean is the ground of the world like turns white like a missing mesh or something. Lots with houses and venues seem fine but the land that isnt a lot or a street is like....missing... I am running a complete vanilla game with a few (very few) store bought items. I do have one mod and its the Twallan's Overwatch. I use that mod to help me fix bugs like stuck sims or broken rabbitholes. However not sure if it can fix this as seasons is realitivly new. Ill post a screenshot next time I load up my game. Oh also I know its the snow levels cause I used testingcheatsenabled to change the snow levels and when I choose the none option the world is fixed and all is well. However when I set a snow level or the game sets one on its own it whites everything not on a lot out. I cleaned my cache and that didint seem to help so im guessing its just a Seasons EP bug as the overwatch mod cant seem to fix it either. Also I recently tried a reinstall and that also did not work. I keep 30 min increment saves incase of bugs for experiences. It sucks being forced to restart a legacy. I load up a game from before the bug and again once I have a snow level it again gets whited out.

34oqbsi.jpg
    Showing my home lot and the ground near it (not a lot)
    vnjyhu.jpg
    Some of the lots and roads in town
    33z4i7m.jpg
    An overview of the whole town showing the problem in full.

This only happens when I have a snow level. low, medium, high/deep.

Also I was told by a friend that I should say what map it is. It is the supernatural EP map Moonlight Falls. I have not tried the snow in any other map as this is my first time with the Winter season. I'll test to make sure its not map related and repost again.

Its in all my maps. :cry: guess I wont have snow days

Hmm ok playing with this as this was my first time with the winter season I think it might just be a disappointment to me cause of lack of creativity with the snow. This is my favorite season so maybe I expected more. I was playing with the shader settings and it just made it look slightly more shiney. I dont know if this is an actual bug or if it was intended and just a dissappointment since I expected more at least a little bit. I have not found this issue anywhere else and have put in more mods to try to fix it all updated and such. I have every EP my comp runs sims so well cant see a problem with system specs. I guess this can be a possible bug unless I can see winter season from someone else. I did watch some vids and it looks the same so that is my conclusion. I have gotten used to it now so it no longer bothers me.
    edited January 2013
    Mandylcd wrote:
    I noticed an issue with trick or treating. I did get one visitor on Spooky Day but I also get people showing up in winter and summer as well. I noticed that this problem was listed on the first few pages of this thread but I wanted to add that I am also experiencing this issue. I do not have any mods and I do have some CC. My game is up to date with all patches.

Yes I have seen this bug reported on other sims community sites when looking for an answer to my possible problems. I don't believe that bug is mod related as you are not the only mod free player that has that issue. Id say wait for a patch and hope they read this forum to fix the problem.
    edited January 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Deshong04 wrote:

This issue I believe is related to either stuck sims/pets/using Move Objects cheat/etc. After starting a new save, I don't have that time issue. Still lags and freezes but not nearly as much as the old save.

Do you have overwatch installed its a mod that cleans up alot of that. You can also try resetsim * . However that seems to only be a temporary fix to stuck sims it seems, lately. I have overwatch from Twallan since I had a problem with stuck sims also and since then it has taken care of my game as well as fixed other bugs.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited January 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?

Mods. Master Control, Overwatch, and Traveler. I also have Master Control cheats, but that's mostly so I don't have to deal with testingcheatsenabled as much.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods

Yes.

I took them out before updating.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?

I made it a point to wait for an update notice from Twallan before updating my game.

5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ?

I have Seasons.

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?

I started a new game.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?

All sims are new.

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?

Moonlight Falls.

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)

Windows 7.

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.

Seasons is download; all others are DVD.

Here's my issue: Since the patch, any time I use the bulldozer in edit town, it doesn't just clear the lot and leave it empty... it erases the lot entirely. This used to take two uses of the bulldozer.

More info: This is working, for me, only on small parks when I bulldoze them; it completely erases every other one. I'm only testing in Moonlight Falls, though.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2013
    1. No, I'm not using any mods or custom content.

2. N/A

3. Yes, I used the mod that allowed buy debug mailbox for apartments.
    No longer installed for several months.

4. N/A

5. Both Seasons and Patch 1.46

6. Patch 1.46

7. Existing world Twin Brooke

8. Existing Sims I was playing in TB before Seasons.

9. Twinbrooke

10. Windows 64bit

11. DVD version

My issues are many. I can't use a fireplace from the Store because it catches on fire repeatedly. They put it out but the fire dept. arrives and gets stuck on lot for some reason. She tells them to be more careful then runs back up the stairs where the fireplace is and can't interact with her. Have to reset her, then she leaves and comes back again. Rinse and repeat.

The Attraction System, sending a love letter problem. My Sim couldn't send a love letter because the game said there was no available writing space though the kitchen table was clear. I cleared off the desk, but instead of going to the clean desk, the Sim went to the kitchen table that was clean to start with.

My Sim can't ask a good friend out on a date. Not by the cell phone nor a Store phone. The game tells me the Sim doesn't know anyone well enough to ask them on a date...they are Good Friends. I invited the other Sim over and asked but she said she was too tired. They have been somewhat romantic and and have a very good relationship but the game won't let me ask out any 'friends' good or otherwise by phone.

Collection Folders new features : Sometimes, it glitches and all my Store stuff doesn't show up at all, no matter what I click on in build or buy mode. I can't find a lot of things I got several months ago in the collection folders that are now available with the 'gold' button. It shows only the Generations stuff most of the time. I have to do a lot of clicking and hunting to find the other comp pack stuff or other things I paid to download. Yes, all my stuff says it is installed.

BTW, all the problems I am having were Store items, fireplace, phone, kitchen table, and desk.

My game crashed while giving a second make over in a row while working as a stylist. Locked up my PC, CAS wouldn't load and it froze the PC..I have dual core AMD processors..3.2 GHZ.

I don't have that much store stuff at all. However, task manager says TS3 Seasons is using more than one million KBs. Is that unusual? I only have Amb., LN, ST, and Seasons installed and very few pieces of Store items installed.

Was using 65% of my memory. 4gbs of RAM and a 1GB HD video card installed.

*It also keeps using the CPU when minimized.

Other gameplay glitches, the map doesn't show the right stuff when choosing options like show just community lots etc. Or just home and work etc.

One Sim that lives in the house that kept catching fire could not use the manaul he was given to read to improve job performance (doctor) until he mailed a fish to be mounted. Somehow that jump started what's in his inventory again. Once it was mailed off, he could then read the journal.

However, I had to move them out and back in, now it says to return home to fulfill whatever he was supposed to have done and won't go away in his panel.

I can live with all that, but I can't with the the collections folders appearing sometimes with my stuff, and then not, and making it difficult to find everything. Yes, I am sure I don't have them deslected in the Filters.

Or not being able to use my fireplace and a Sim returning over and over just to stand there and do nothing. BTW, while this went on the phone would not allow me to cancel paperboy or maid. Several maids(two at one time or more) showed up several days in a row. (fire or not) Kept firing them because the phones, and cells were gltiched. No option to Cancel Service.

Until my Sim went to the mail box to mail a fish. Seriously.

This was after I installed the last Store patch the game told me I needed. I had played with 1.46 and Seasons when I got Seasons in early Dec. but in late Dec. or this month the game told me to update the Store patch, so I did and then my lot started having all these problems.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top