Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Adam And Eve Challenge

Comments

• Options
    JMJphotostudioJMJphotostudio Posts: 162 Member
    edited October 2012
    cwaddell wrote:

NO age defying effects...
    NO LIFE FRUITS
    NO AMBROSIA
    NO DEATH FLOWERS
    NO BRINGING BACK FROM THE DEAD.
    If one of the family members is turned to a Vampire that sim is concidered DEAD.
    If one of the family members is a ghost that sim is concidered DEAD.
    You can Import Sim Families into the game but they are not playable unless married into the family.
    If by chance that one of the family members Spouse Leave they are concidered Dead. And have no Cliams to the family of the fortune.

I have been having a vampire and celebrity epidemic in my game. At one point I had 16 resident humans and 6 of them were vampires. I cheated and used Mastercontroller to make 4 of them human again, but EA's story progression has now turned more people into vampires. If this keeps happening then by the time my second generation starts looking for mates half the town will be vampires.

Here's my problem: if one of them ends up with a vamp and they have children then those children will turn into vamps when they become young adults. I can have those newly turned vamps go to the science lab and get the cure but according to the rules they can not be brought back from the dead (vampires being considered dead).

I noticed ghosts and vampires were mentioned but not the other occults. Is the main problem with vampires because they live so long? If so I think fairies, genies and werewolves also live a long time. I have no problem with any of the occults.

I guess my question is: what is the issue with vampires? Is it because they have long life spans or is it something else?

As far as fixing my vampire infestation I can continually use Mastercontroller to convert them to human or I could install Twallan's StoryPregression so I can dictate what percentage of the population can be vampires. I think one of the latest patches allows vampires to be turned off but I'm running my game at patch level 1.29 and not updating.

So I'm not sure which way to go to fix this problem.

I have no issue with the life span. Its Just that those two are considered DEAD. So if you marry a vamp and you have a child, if the child turns out to be a vamp, that child is considered deceased and are not entitled to the family legacy.

It adds a added twist to the fun of the game. I know there are alot of fang lovers im sorry but i had to take that into deep consideration after supernatural was released.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    <<<<<PLEASE POST A PICTURE OF YOUR CURRENT FAMILY TREE.>>>>>

I would like to see how far youll are in your challenge.
    Please tell which one is the heir of the legacy and a brief description.

• Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2012

Thanks for the responses.

EA story progression is creating NPCs first, then residents. Some of the NPCs become residents. I think because my sims have regular jobs that require bosses and co-workers story progression is creating residents to fill these positions. That was the reason I had both Adam and Eve change jobs, to create more residents.

I guess I can solve the lack of non-vampire suitors when I get a second generation to young adulthood by creating households with eligible candidates then. I was thinking this was like a legacy and that we couldn't create any additional sims.

• Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited October 2012
    I have no idea how to get a picture of the fam tree to post it. I am not the most tech savvy :oops:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Well Adam and Eve just couldn't wait any longer and wanted to expand their family. Adam really put the moves on.
    Screenshot-36.jpg

After day dreaming about that old wardrobe all day, Adam had an idea!
    Screenshot-37.jpg

Poor E spent the next day close to the bathroom and didn't get many plants harvested or elixors made but she knew it would be worth it in the end. Without a local hospital she was forced to deliver at home and was in labor for 12 hours! (really, I think the game kept waiting for a hospital to appear. Adam even wandered off to make a sandwich)
    Screenshot-43.jpg

Twins! That was definitely a surprise since they had done nothing to increase the odds. A boy, Micha, human, and a girl, Malta, witch. I am hoping she grows up well so I can make her the heir.
    Screenshot-45.jpg

In between changing diapers, E has increased her witching abilities and cast a charm on the old wardrobe. I wonder where that new "portal" goes.....
    Screenshot-46.jpg

Then the town had it's first death. A random zombie turned human long enough to become dead once more :/
    Screenshot-47.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2012
    We had an unusual turn of events so I wanted to update:

First here are the twins as children
    Screenshot-53.jpg
    Screenshot-5-1.jpg
    Screenshot-6-1.jpg

I had to unlock my fence to allow a maid because Eve just couldn't do it all even with the magical upgrades. This of course led to a zombie sneaking in. Time to try out some spells!
    Firebolt (?) didn't seem to faze the walking dead at all
    Screenshot-51.jpg
    But freezing her sure did!
    Screenshot-52.jpg

At Eve's birthday party they lit the stove on fire. Good thing she had practice with that freezing spell!
    Screenshot-3-1.jpg
    Then she announced she was pregnant again! Adam seemed excited!
    Screenshot-59.jpg
    (I guess you can't age while you're pregnant so her party was a flop :(

While eve tended the house and practiced the Smustle, Adam wanted to visit the past in his new time machine......
    Screenshot-57.jpg

Meet Jay, the most unexpected surprise! Who knew visiting the past could have such an interesting result?
    Screenshot-7-1.jpg
  • Options
    BekahSueBekahSue Posts: 623 Member
    edited October 2012
    Lots of craziness going on in my game right now. Adam and Evie are now elders, so we are now officially on Generation 2.

Adam and Evie, still in love after 5 children and many years:
    Screenshot-157_zps9ad6bcdb.jpg
    Screenshot-158_zps7e55bbce.jpg

As predicted, Ellen has been causing all sorts of trouble. She got into a fight with Roy Pagan, who is probably the oldest man in town. He's already been approached by the Grim Reaper, but was given a pass because his girlfriend was due with their third child. Anyway, Ellen slapped him on the face, causing him to shake his cane at her.
    Screenshot-155_zpse497960e.jpg
    Screenshot-156_zps590364db.jpg

Evie is keeping busy in her old age. She finally completed enough ice sculptures to create non-melting ones. I had her sculpt one of Emma. The first new building this generation will be a Towner family museum, where I can display various works by the different generations.
    Screenshot-154_zpsdad86e9d.jpg

Emma and Ellen both graduated.
    Screenshot-159_zps7854cb1c.jpg

Ellen was voted Most Likely to Get Arrested (lol!). However, since Oakwood does not have a police station, Ellen and her klepto ways might get away without being arrested. Speaking of Ellen, she rolled kleptomaniac at her young adult birthday. Her traits are now grumpy, evil, unlucky, kleptomaniac, and no sense of humor. All in all, she's an interesting character.
    Screenshot-160_zps709abf6d.jpg

Emma was voted Most Likely to Write a Bestseller. Her traits are slob, genius, bookworm, artistic, and virtuoso. As stated before, she is the heir for the family. She now has a job in the education career, and will paint and write for extra income in her spare time. Her boyfriend, Keith Churchill, has also aged up, so there will be wedding bells in the very near future.
    Screenshot-164_zpsd34cb32b.jpg

Aaron and Ellen moved out into their new home. So far, SP has placed Ellen in the education career :shock: I can't wait to see what kind of trouble she gets into in the future.
    Screenshot-165_zps3ef9233f.jpg

So, at the end of Generation 1, my sims have just under 300,000 dollars. The community lots in the town are: Courthouse, School, Grocery Store, and Consignment Store. On to the next generation we go!
    t99zif.jpg
  • Options
    FiveLeafClover7FiveLeafClover7 Posts: 309 Member
    edited October 2012
    This looks awesome I may do one but already I have a legacy and a 100 baby challenge so I doubt I have time :P
  • Options
    mnevin25mnevin25 Posts: 466 Member
    edited October 2012
    Actually this sounds like fun going to bulldoze Barnacle Bay
  • Options
    edited October 2012

As of Sunday the beginning of the 3rd week my town human demographics are:

households: 12
    residents: 29
    service: 33
    homeless: 4

tourists: 0

males 16, females 13
    preg 0,0,0
    babies 0,0
    toddlers 2,0
    child: 1,1
    teens: 2,3
    y adults: 8,4
    adults: 2,3
    elders 1,2

Currently in my game it's Thurs of the 3rd week and Adam and Eve are going to have a baby.

Eve decided to walk to the spa to get her massage.

Screenshot-251.jpg

The family had about $51,000 so I was going to wait to move them in to their new house the next Monday, but about $20,000 mysteriously got added to their funds. I've had this happen before and I'm not sure what causes it. It's always been when my sim has grown plasma fruit so I wondered if the local vampires were taking the plasma fruit and giving money. Or it could just be an EA glitch since I've heard about this happening to other players.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    BekahSue - I can't wait to hear more about Ellen. Is she in your active family?

cwaddell-I have had the glitch with the money! thousands of simolians will just appear for no reason!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Vuneca - No, Ellen is no longer in my active family, although through Twallan's Story Progression mod, I'm able to keep tabs on her. And boy is she getting into trouble!

t99zif.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Just a mini update:

As stated before, Ellen and Aaron moved out into their own home.

Since then, Ellen has basically started a feud with everyone in town. I'm pretty sure that she isn't going to find a man anytime soon! She's even enemies with Aaron now, which probably makes their home life very interesting.

Aaron got a girlfriend named Rachel. They now have a baby son named Judah.

Emma's boyfriend, Keith, has moved into the main house. Keith is a self-employed angler, and Emma works at the school. She proposed to him by moonlight and they are planning their wedding at the newly built Oakwood Community Chapel.
    Screenshot-166_zps673f421f.jpg
    Screenshot-167_zps4ca94029.jpg

Alex and Austin are closing in on their young adult birthdays. Their imaginary friends, Pat and Bailey are also approaching their birthdays. Pat is a boy and Bailey is a girl. Despite the fact that Bailey is Austin's IM, she and Alex are in a relationship.

Adam spends his time puttering around in the garden, while Evie continues her sculptures.

Here's a shot of their family tree:
    Top: Adam and Evie Towner
    Middle (Left to Right): Austin, Alex, Ellen, Emma (heir), Adam and his girlfriend, Rachel Seaman
    Bottom: Judah Seaman, son of Adam and Rachel
    Generation2_zpse8a96d72.jpg
    t99zif.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Seeing as how my game has decided to be irritable and crash, I figured I may as well post another update. I've had quite a bit of time to play today, so this one will be much longer :)

Ellen is still stirring up all kinds of trouble. She's continuing to make enemies wherever she goes, and apparently takes great pleasure in kicking over their trashcans.
    Screenshot-168_zpsb5275868.jpg

Alex, Austin, Pat, and Bailey all had their young adult birthdays and graduated. Here you can see the whole family celebrating:
    Screenshot-169_zps0f43775e.jpg

Aaron's on-again, off-again girlfriend, Rachel showed up for the party:
    Screenshot-170_zps113d8aa8.jpg

Austin:
    Screenshot-171_zps11338d9b.jpg

Bailey:
    Screenshot-172_zps3854f3e0.jpg

Pat:
    Screenshot-173_zpsc44a4725.jpg

Alex:
    Screenshot-174_zps206b6857.jpg

Graduation Day:
    Screenshot-176_zpsa5e47716.jpg

Alex and Bailey's house:
    Screenshot-177_zps3a4f24e0.jpg

Austin and Pat's Bachelor Pad:
    Screenshot-178_zps47fe78f9.jpg

Alex and Bailey got engaged immediately after moving out. Pat got into a relationship with Ellen :shock: and Austin got into a relationship with Lucia Pagan, a widow with four children who is several years older than him. I guess that's what happens when there aren't very many eligible young women in town.

Emma and Keith celebrated their wedding with their family. Ellen showed up and slapped her brother Aaron. She's apparently offended her entire family because they all booed her, and she went home. After that, the ceremony went beautifully.
    Screenshot-179_zps5addcb3f.jpg
    Screenshot-180_zps7595b06a.jpg
    Screenshot-181_zpsb9fea27a.jpg
    Screenshot-182_zps4c55f316.jpg
    Screenshot-183_zps3a43bb54.jpg

Aaron and Rachel's son, Judah Seaman:
    Screenshot-186_zpsc19940dd.jpg

The Adam Towner Memorial Garden. Adam is still alive and well, but I wanted to plant the garden before he passed on.
    Screenshot-187_zpsdafd108a.jpg

There are currently three babies on the way for Generation 3.
    Austin's girlfriend, Lucia. Incidentally, this will be her fifth child.
    Screenshot-189_zps231e24f1.jpg

Bailey, pregnant with Alex's child:
    Screenshot-190_zpsf4bb8d4f.jpg

And Emma:
    Screenshot-185_zps610700dc.jpg

As soon as my game decides to stop crashing, I'll have more to update :)
    t99zif.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Vuneca wrote:
    I have a question about the gifts you get from online friends. Are we not supposed to accept them while we're in this game? It goes against the outside income rule from the original Legacy Challenge if I recall. For example, today I got 3 stereos and some bubble bath. Normally I sell whatever I don't need/want but that effects the family funds outside of the theme here. Just wondering :)

Its ok the get them. I think we should start friending others that are in the challenge and send stuff to them to help them out.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Here We grow again

OK i noticed how big we are growing. Im amazed to be truly honest. For that i say thank you to everyone out there that are enjoying the challenge. I am going to be adding a Player Directory under the rules post so that way we can send stuff to eachother and keep in touch with other players that are enjoying the challenge so if you would like your name posted so people can add you to their friendslist please let me know.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

I added several houses to the town when I added the Gardner's new house. Here are a couple ranches in the farming section.

Screenshot-259.jpg

Friday, the day after they moved, Adam went to his new job in the military while Eve weeded the newly planted garden.

Screenshot-264.jpg

While Adam harvested the plants from their old house, Eve went into labor.

Screenshot-266.jpg

David was born.

Screenshot-267.jpg

Eve got to hold him right away. Adam got his chance right after he got home.

Screenshot-268.jpg

• Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited October 2012
    Wow! So much has happened since I left for work on Friday! I can't keep up! Wish I didn't work such long hours and all weekend long! :roll:

JMJ- I would luv to be added to the list for the gift sharing and networking! That's an awesome idea! :D I don't really have much of a family tree yet! It's just Bentley and Eden and the twins. Maybe I'll figure out how to do it when it gets a bit further. :D

Vuneca- So glad to see you have been participating and posting your pics! Your Adam and Eve are some nice looking sims! It seems there is always something interesting going on in your household! hehe Also I had a giggle at him in his undies with the handprint on his heiney! hehehe It's also good to see I'm not the only one with crazy zombie issues! :P

Mnervin25- Hope you join in the fun!

BekahSue- How do you keep track of them all? hehe Your family is growing in leaps and bounds! I can't wait to see all the new babies born into the next generation! Ellen is cracking me up! Too bad she won't be able to find a guy, as she could spread her evil genes on to the next generation and create an interesting legacy.

CWaddell- Yeah!!! Finally a baby!!! Can't wait to see David when he grows up! Very good choice in his name. I also luv the ranches in your farming community! Your town is turning out awesome! As for limiting the number of vamps, either the storyprogression thing or the percentage thing would be best, I think. I certainly hope this doesn't happen to my town. I don't have the story progression download. :( Vampires are a plague, worse than zombies!

As for the money thing, where the money suddenly appears,that has happened to me as well in my legacy family. One thing I noticed about that, someone my sim was friends with in the community died right before it happened. I'm not sure if I recieved a notice or not, as I had gotten rid of my notices rather quickly and didn't pay attention. If it's a glitch, it's one of the few welcome glitches I've seen! :D

Can't wait to get some playing time in this week! I'm on sims withdrawal! =O)
  • Options
    invertedsiminvertedsim Posts: 151 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I love this challenge! I want to try it, I want to empty Riverview. If I empty a world when I go to play it will it still be empty in a new game? Or should I download an empty world. I have never done a challenge before, but this has caught my attention I love the pics.
  • Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited October 2012
    All you have to do is delete the lots. (You may want to save a copy to your library if you plan on replacing them) And then just create a lot for your Adam and Eve family. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Just a quick reply since I'm meeting my sister in Guild Wars 2 to go trick or treating in a few minutes.

To make a blank lot bulldoze it if there is a building on it. If you bulldoze the blank lot it will remove it completely. In some towns it's not possible to then place a blank lot on top, some towns no problem.

Once you have your town down to blank lots save it as say RV-blank. Then when you want to start a game make a copy of the saved game/town and rename it something like RV-AdamNEve. That way you can go back and start another game using the same blank map of Riverview.

In my game Adam and Eve have a little girl too. Named Amanda. Adam has reached level 5 of 3 careers and just started work in the political career. Will try to update with a few pictures later today or tomorrow.

• Options
    Dark_Tig3rDark_Tig3r Posts: 549 Member
    edited October 2012
    Okay so I've read through your thread and decided to give this a try...here's what I have so far. And I have a few questions at the end but anyways.

Screenshot-135_zps0e5b28dc.jpg
    Here's my couple Samuel Woods and Illana Beckers, I didn't realize giving them the proper trait would have them run around in their formal outfits all the time. Kinda annoying but oh wells.

Screenshot-179_zps7614bee9.jpg
    Here they are playing chess in the small park I had made for them so they could get to know each other a little more.

Screenshot-139_zpsbe360944.jpg
    Samuel reading up on the Handy skill being as their the only two people in town and he will be the one fixing everything around home.

Screenshot-140_zps3d9976f6.jpg
    Illana started a small garden to make it cheaper on groceries and to bring some money coming in

Screenshot-141_zps343db304.jpg
    Samuel and Illana went to the beach and he told her about the plans he had for the land and his dreams of it becoming a great city.

Screenshot-138_zpse8482df8.jpg
    Illana and Samuel watching the stars as they grow closer.
    Screenshot-151_zps93a2dc8d.jpg

Screenshot-159_zps8a114e52.jpg
    Eventually he proposed

Screenshot-167_zpsdeb1c276.jpg
    and they married right there

Screenshot-169_zpsb21ae966.jpg
    Illana was estatic

Screenshot-171_zpsf389d2d8.jpg
    Screenshot-172_zpsa74d966f.jpg
    you can guess what they did for their honeymoon night

Screenshot-180_zps52fddfc6.jpg
    So far Samuel and Illana own the Grocery store, Trading post, and Small restuarant.

That was one sim week in my game.
    And question how do you get sims to move into your town. Cause I've gone and added a few houses and I have those three careers but still nothing. Do they auto populate or do I have to go and add them in myself?

I'm only living the life to which I've grown accustomed.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Dark_Tig3r wrote:
    And question how do you get sims to move into your town. Cause I've gone and added a few houses and I have those three careers but still nothing. Do they auto populate or do I have to go and add them in myself?
    Great start to your game.

EA story progression will being sims in. At first they will be NPC service people. Then residents. I wanted as many residents as possible so I had both Adam and Eve get regular rabbit-hole jobs so the game would need to produce bosses and co-workers. At first they were NPCs but then residents. That is also why I had both of them change jobs - to brings in more bosses and coworkers.

Of course you can create your own households and move them in. I plan to do that if the game does not produce any eligible partners for my second generation when they age up.

In my game In addition to taking care of the garden and David Eve has taken up painting.

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/Studio9/Sims 3/Adam and Eve/Screenshot-281.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]

When Adam gets home from work he helps Eve with David and finally reached level 10 of athletic skill. With all the rewards points he had enough to get 2 inheritances of $30,000+, as did Eve. With the money they converted their old log home into a consignment store and bought it. They also built and bought a horse training ranch behind their house.

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/Studio9/Sims 3/Adam and Eve/Screenshot-282.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]

After Eve taught him the basics David stared reading the toddler books. David is clumsy and a genius.

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/Studio9/Sims 3/Adam and Eve/Screenshot-299.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]

Amanda is a light sleeper and neurotic.

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/Studio9/Sims 3/Adam and Eve/Screenshot-300.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]

Eve took David for a stroll ...
    [IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/Studio9/Sims 3/Adam and Eve/Screenshot-302.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]

but by the time they got to the park it was dark.

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/Studio9/Sims 3/Adam and Eve/Screenshot-312.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    LisaDiamondLisaDiamond Posts: 70
    edited October 2012
    This seems very interesting =] I think I will start working on this after dinner is done cooking! How fun ^-^
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    oh dear. I was trying to rearrange my Photo bucket album and accidentally deleted it >_< Sorry for all the empty picture slots now :(

*I tried to reload the pictures and only a handful worked out. Sorry :/
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top