Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Adam And Eve Challenge

Comments

• Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited October 2012
    Well since I accidentally messed up all of my previous posts by deleting the photos....I should do an update :)

As soon as Jay turned into a teenager he went off to military school. Having unexpectedly appeared in the family he was having a hard time adjusting.

Malta(heir)as a teen
    Screenshot-14-1.jpg
    Micha as a teen
    Screenshot-15-1.jpg
    Being twins it wasn't hard to become bffs and they spend a lot of time goofing off together
    Screenshot-16-1.jpg

I can't seem to remember the new baby's name but he is a witch and just had a birthday!
    Screenshot-13-1.jpg

The family decided it was time to build a school. Having teenagers in school means prom...which means dates...
    Micha made his imaginary friend Hesper real (I also let the randomly created names stay) She is a very lovely red head who's picture was lost but here is what I do have
    Screenshot-19-1.jpg
    Here is Malta with Boinky! (lol)
    Screenshot-17-1.jpg
    Screenshot-18-1.jpg

He's a bit of a jerk and since malta is a witch she will be working on some personality potions for him ;)
  • Options
    LisaDiamondLisaDiamond Posts: 70
    edited October 2012
    Cute! I just made my couple but have to head off to work in about half an hour so I can't play but maybe I'll sneak into the game and snap some pictures of the couple =]

Here is my couple Able and Cindy Kin
    kin1.jpg

Able is half Human half Alien who fell in love in Cindy a witch, they moved to an island in hopes to welcome those who don't mind their type of love. [I can't wait for season I loved the aliens in Sims2]

I wanted to see how their skin color spread in their world =]

must be off to work!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    LisaDiamond- I love your colorful sims. My legacy family are green aliens. I wanted to see how far the color spread throughout the neighbor with each generation!
  • Options
    Dark_Tig3rDark_Tig3r Posts: 549 Member
    edited October 2012
    cwaddell wrote:
    Dark_Tig3r wrote:
    And question how do you get sims to move into your town. Cause I've gone and added a few houses and I have those three careers but still nothing. Do they auto populate or do I have to go and add them in myself?
    Great start to your game.

EA story progression will being sims in. At first they will be NPC service people. Then residents. I wanted as many residents as possible so I had both Adam and Eve get regular rabbit-hole jobs so the game would need to produce bosses and co-workers. At first they were NPCs but then residents. That is also why I had both of them change jobs - to brings in more bosses and coworkers.

Of course you can create your own households and move them in. I plan to do that if the game does not produce any eligible partners for my second generation when they age up.

Thank you...I was beginning to lose hope in having anybody but Paparazzi to talk to.
    I'm only living the life to which I've grown accustomed.
  • Options
    MICAHLMICAHL Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Eve gave up her fairy powers to fall for a novice-Wizard named Adam. They took quite the liking to each other from the moment they saw each other. With Fairly Land far behind her and Adam just learning that he isn't as human as he thought, what will happen next?

And So begins the Legacy of Adam and Eve Simula.
    Screenshot-224.jpg

Only time will tell if their family can with stand both the good and bad times.
    Screenshot-218.jpg

This is only the beginning...
    Screenshot-219.jpg
  • Options
    invertedsiminvertedsim Posts: 151 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I like this challenge, not good at taking pics so bear with me. I started my game in Riverview, I bulldozed the town I gave my family a 2br house. The first day Anita learned the Painting and cooking skill while Eric learned the Sculpting and Inventing. The next day Eric went fishing and bought the first property Consignment Store. While Anita Read some books, Then I took them to France so Eric could continue to fish and Anita could buy the recipes and since her LTW is for the Nectar thing I had her buy nectar and explore. Right now I'm currently on week 1, day 3 and they just rolled the have baby wish.So I think that's next for the Barr family.

This is Eric aka Adam Learning to paint he did this by himself
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=640"

Eric learning to fish in France

Horrible picture of Anita aka Eve after exploring the catacombs in France couldn't find any other ones

Eric & Anita having fun

• Options
    I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited October 2012
    Sorry for not posting, my pc died! So sad, but I have my games backed up and my laptop comes in tomorrow! *does a happy dance*

I was so bummed when my pc died, and right before seasons, wouldn't ya' know!
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2012

I love all the new updates. :)

I_am_bean: Sorry about your computer. Good luck with the new laptop.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited October 2012
    Just popped in to say "Hi!" to everyone! So good to see some new faces and sims in t his challenge! Great job everyone! I actually got to play last-night and will be posting some more soon! :D

Sorry to hear about your pc hun! Good to hear your laptop is coming in and you had your games backed up. I've lost several pcs over time and it really stinks if you don't have your sims saved! :cry:

Looking forward to more updates from everyone! Huggs! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Have to wait till tomorrow after work to play =( sad days. I worked 3pm to 11pm this evening then work 7am to 3pm tomorrow. So excited to play tomorrow I haven't really been able to get into my game yet!
  • Options
    MICAHLMICAHL Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Quick update: It didnt take them long to get used to their new surroundings
    Screenshot-233.jpg

Not long at all...
    Screenshot-237.jpg

First night dinner :)
    Screenshot-230.jpg

Mommy and Daddy loved each other so much.
    Screenshot-255.jpg
    Screenshot-267.jpg

And there was fire!
    Screenshot-257.jpg

And they are not alone ;)
    Screenshot-268.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    @Micahl I love the last picture w/the Raccoon haha
  • Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited October 2012
    Micah, someone seems to have a hot heiney in your household! hehehe The raccoon is cute! At least they are not completely alone! =O)
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Micahl: Enjoyed your whole update but really liked the "And there was fire!".

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Hahaha! I love the raccoon! I'm glad there are more people playing this challenge and posting pics!

My second gen is about to become adults. I plan to get most of them married and into their own home right away.

In the meantime I got a better picture of Hesper
    Screenshot-20.jpg

Eve decided it was time to adopt some pets to help collect items for her potion making and to give Malta a head start as she begins learning magic herself.

Here's Adam teaching the dog to hunt while Boinky is being his cranky self
    Screenshot-2-2.jpg
    And the kitty:
    Screenshot-6-2.jpg

Adam made this in hopes it would scare off the paparazzi.
    Screenshot-7-2.jpg

Alas, it didn't work. They seem to like it and now they come in twos and threes....
  • Options
    invertedsiminvertedsim Posts: 151 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I have a question on this challenge,I started to rebuild my town but I can't figure out where I deleted my rabbit holes and the city hall to put them back. It just has the community lots and the expansion pack stuff. I am going to redo the challenge but how do I keep them in my game? I know I may have rambled but I wanted to explain.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I have a question on this challenge,I started to rebuild my town but I can't figure out where I deleted my rabbit holes and the city hall to put them back. It just has the community lots and the expansion pack stuff. I am going to redo the challenge but how do I keep them in my game? I know I may have rambled but I wanted to explain.

There are two ways to do it.

1. Go to a town, or several towns, and save copies of the community lots to your bin. Then start your game and place them on community lots in your town. By using the lots created by EA all the landscaping, pavements and outdoors furniture and stuff are already there. The problem is that they are more expensive.

Or use method number 2.

2. In your town select the lot in town edit. Go into build mode and look through community objects in the building objects section until you find the version of the building you want. Place it and add landscaping, etc.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited October 2012
    I love this idea and am definately going to try it!.... just gotta pick one world to use .... hmmm I have so many favs! ... bookmarking and will be back when I decide which world to start this in! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I chose Dark Harbor by Rflong7 for this challenge and began today. I will upload some pics tomorrow to share (I may even write a story with it)... anyway .. I have one question for you ... I know you can not buy a lot with the City Hall on it, but what other rabbit holes render a lot unbuyable? .... I would think probably police station and military base as they are also community services that should not be privately owned... but what about the schools? I am sending the children from my founders to boarding school but I would like to eventually own a school so future generations can go to public school... and are there any others I need to be aware of before I spend hours building only to have to bulldoze when I can not purchase it??

Other than this 1 question, I am enjoying the challenge and already have my strategy ... although I am not sure I can go 50 gens ... I am pretty sure I will have the town completely built way before I get to 50th generation ... so I will probably play until the last lot is built :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hey there I'm doing this challange too and haven't purchased the city hall yet, just the grocery store. I put it on a lot [which didn't cost anything] then I had my sim go and become partner then become full owner I figure that's good enough!

and for those lots you can't actually purchase people have been using cheats to deduct the amount the city hall is worth from their family funds.
  • Options
    BekahSueBekahSue Posts: 623 Member
    edited October 2012
    Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Real Life has been pretty busy. I've had some time to play this weekend, though. If this post had a title, it would be "Babies, Babies and More Babies" :)

If you remember at the end of the last update, three of the family's females were pregnant.

Despite being a large as a house, Emma decided to visit the newly built Towner Family Museum, otherwise known as the town art museum. I've decided that each generation will have their own room, and I'll decorate it with paintings and sculptures that define that generation.
    Screenshot.jpg

Meet Elise, the daughter of Alex and Bailey. I can't wait to see what she looks like, since her mother is an Imaginary Friend.
    Screenshot-2.jpg

All too soon, it was Emma's turn to give birth. Clearly, Keith has no idea what to do with a child-birthing wife. We'll forgive him since it's his first. Emma had a boy, Ian.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    Screenshot-6.jpg

Everyone loves Ian, but Grandma and Grandpa definitely enjoy spending time with him.
    Screenshot-8.jpg
    Screenshot-15.jpg

Austin and Lucia also had a girl named Kayla. This is Lucia's fifth child and Austin's first.
    Screenshot-7.jpg

Grandma Evie went over to visit her oldest grandchild, Judah (Aaron's son). She is so cute, even as an old lady.
    Screenshot-19.jpg

In other news, Ellen was briefly engaged to Pat (one of the IF's), but they broke it off when she declared him her nemesis. I'm thinking it might have had something to do with Pat sneaking off to see his other lady friend. She continues to fight with anyone who she happens to meet. And she apparently no longer cares for her brother:
    Screenshot-10.jpg

Apparently, the ladies' of the town have nothing else to do but have children. There are now 4 pregnant ladies in the family.

Rachel:
    Screenshot-17.jpg

Bailey:
    Screenshot-22.jpg

Lucia:
    Screenshot-21.jpg

And Emma:
    Screenshot-16.jpg

I'm hoping to go around and take pictures of each of the families, so you can have a better idea of who goes with who. Both Adam and Evie's life bars are full, so they probably don't have many more days with us. I'm going to upload them to the exchange soon, and I'll put Ellen up too, in case any of you want to put her in your town to cause havoc :)

Just a couple of projects I love:

By Evie:
    Screenshot-12.jpg

By Emma:
    Screenshot-20.jpg

t99zif.jpg
  • Options
    BekahSueBekahSue Posts: 623 Member
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Well I started yesterday playing Adam and Eve Harborsim and moved them into Dark Harbor built by Rflong7. It has a really nice town layout and is almost empty, I only had 2 lots to demo, before starting this challenge.
    Above you see the town with my condo apartment and General/Grocery Store and below is the condo/apartment.

Adam and Eve both have the family oriented trait and surrounded by family LTW. I plan on starting the town right away ... they will have 5 children and each will marry and moveout as soon as they age up. I will build/buy them each their own apartment building providinging even more housing for the npc's and townies who move in. I checked before saving to post this and my one apartment next door according to the call box says their are like 20 npc's living there LOL (no wonder I see sims just standing alone out front of their home.

AFter moving them in and furnishing the home, Eve wanted to learn painting right away and Adam wanted to learn mechanical skill, so I wasted no time getting them to start those skills. After earning his first skill I sent Adam over to the general grocery store and had apply part time at his own store (lol)

Yes that's right ... they're very first night and the criminals have moved in already... soo glad I thought to spend the money on that alarm!

Adam soon also wanted to own 3 venue's ... They still had plenty of money so I plunked down the bookstore/spa from Appleloosa Plains on a lot and the buisness/resturant from Showtime town. So we now owne 3 venue's, a home and this leaves the Harborsims with about $210,000 left. I did not decorate any of the community lots yet ... they only have the venue, as I will need to save money with 5 children to raise and build/buy homes for.

Both Adam and Eve kept wishing for a baby ... so I gave in and let them go ahead and start their family. Her first baby bump and it's not been a week in their new home yet.

Their first full moon and already a zombie shows up in their front yard! Now I have been playing all my other games with one moon phase, so this is my first zombie experience. I decided I would play with all the game options with one exception... I still have celeberities turned off! It just creeps me out how the hang around and peek in your windows all the time! So I will play challenge with celebs turned off :D
    Their first born little Abagail has her mother's purple hair and purple wings (yep we got a little fairy baby!)

Abagail's birthday fell on the same day the twin's aged to toddlers.

The twins, Belinda and Cherrise are both fairies also with mom's purple wings. Belinda has her dad's dark hair and round ears and Cherrise has her mom's purple hair and pointy ears!

Soon Abagail left for Prep school and a good thing too as Eve was already pregnant again!... This time she had tripplets!!! Yepper's this will be her last birth! LOL I only wanted them to have 5, but half a dozen it is!

Deliah leaving for boarding school

Eloise also leaving for boarding school

Yes, finally a boy Flynigan! They all left for boarding school leaving Adam and Eve exhausted but with time on their hands now to finish skilling up on painting and gardening for Eve and Adam is still working on his mechanical skills.
    With all six kids aging up to teens and still in school ... Adam and Eve have both met their LTW's and have purchased some nice rewards ... I have not used the inheritence reward yet but with Abagail coming home in a few days, I think that will be their only reward from there on.

screenshot_original.jpg"width'640"
    ...and here she is walkng in the door coming home from boarding school all grown up! ... and I exit and save game til tomarrow :mrgreen:

They have done very well with the 3 venue's Adam now earns $600/day 5 days a week working part time and Eve makes about $600-$1000 a day selling her paintings now and every Monday the collect $31,000 in profits from the venus. I had Eve purchase the "no Bills ever" reward early to save money and they have built their savings back upto $375,000, so I hope to buy all 5 of the girls a nice apartment building while poor Flynigan will remain here unless I can move him out with the properties in his ownership ... not sure how that works yet ... if not then mom and dad will get a new retirement home as I want the last born (Flynigan) to inherit the venues and of course he will be responsible for building new ones for the next generation.

• Options
    BloodNBiteMarksBloodNBiteMarks Posts: 233 Member
    edited October 2012
    Wait, do we have to turn population OFF?

Do we leave the empty world with empty plots already planted or should we only put out plots for moving children out?

If there are no other sims created by the game...the 2nd gen wouldn't be able to reproduce.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top