Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Adam And Eve Challenge

Comments

• Options
    RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    @cybergrrl Good, I'm so glad that it can be helpful. Hopefully you'll be able to find stories you enjoy there. Yeah, I still have no idea what I'm doing on tumblr. haha Aw, I'm glad that you like it so far! Yes, I really wanted to make it more than just a list of events that happened in game. I struggled with that in the first few chapters, I think, but it's finally gotten the way I want it. lol I think this first gen is very happy go lucky, soo not what I intended, it just happened! But I think future gens will have a bit more conflict and challenges they will need to overcome. I'm already working on the story line for gen2. So we'll seeee! Thanks for giving it a read! ^_^
  • Options
    cybergrrlcybergrrl Posts: 54 Member
    edited March 2015
    aaaarrrgh, just need to rant for a moment. know how i just wrote about keeping backups now all the time so a corrupted game save won't prevent me from continuing with the challenge? well this time even my backups don't seem to work. Riverview disappeared. Not even available to make a new game. Even after I deleted my full Sims 3 folder, Riverview is still gone. I am on it. But not sure I will be able to recover this time. I won't start over with my family. Probably not even this challenge. Sigh

EDIT: i somewhat "fixed" the issue. but my game corruption was already present in my last backup. so i had to go and chase an older one. fortunately i didn't empty my recycle bin in the last few months! lol
    i have lost a lot of exciting game development. and i am somewhat wary that this may happen again. because it happened before and i already had to go back to this safepoint once. wish me luck! :blush:
    Post edited by cybergrrl on
    2j340ae.jpg
  • Options
    happysimmer2happysimmer2 Posts: 16 New Member
    this. sounds. amazing. i cant wait to try this out when i am done with my current Lp challenge
  • Options
    @cybergrrl oh no! That is the worst, I'm so sorry! I hope you are able to get it back on track and it doesn't happen again. So upsetting. Especially when you lose so much progress. I'm glad you were able to find that older save in your trash. Haha

@happysimmer2 hi! It is a lot of fun! I hope you do get a chance to try it. And maybe let us know how it goes. ^_^
  • Options
    cybergrrlcybergrrl Posts: 54 Member
    i have been playing again. and made up a completely different and new story that did not depend upon one of my sims dying ;) which is of course also nice and most importantly less sad lol
    working on a lovely polyamourus storyline now, involving 2 heirs instead of just one. stay tuned, it is a little while before the blog will catch up! *g*
    @RaeNic i have read more of your story. i was wrong, the storyline did totally not go where i thought it would! nice surprise...
    2j340ae.jpg
  • Options
    haha Glad that it was a surprise. And a good one at that. Thanks for reading it! :)
  • Options
    JMJphotostudioJMJphotostudio Posts: 162 Member
    Well be updating soon.
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    Oh, are the rules getting an overhaul again?

I mentioned a while ago about starting my Community Lots Compendium and now it's finished! I have all the community lots listed on pages by type with the world they come from, thier size, and how much they cost. I hope this will prove helpful to anyone starting this challenge in the future! I still hope to finish it myself someday. I even mentioned this challenge in my forum post so we may see some new traffic.
  • Options
    ACB44ACB44 Posts: 140 Member
    Not sure if people are still following this post, but I'm excited to start this challenge once I get my new computer for Christmas! I'm going to look throughout this thread to see if anyone has any tips or tricks, but I know I plan on starting off as if it really is a new world and there is no electricity, no written languages, and my sims don't have any skills, so they must literally hone their skills before they can have anything. They will live off the land until they learn to cultivate it themselves, they will have to learn sculpting before they can build much of anything. I'm excited to watch my town grow from a caveman Era to stone age to iron age to the Renaissance Era and so on.

One question I have is about the general store that the town starts with. What exactly is it? It's not the consignment store, is it?

Thanks in advance!! And if anyone is still working on this challenge and has a blog or story somewhere please share with me!
  • Options
    ACB44 wrote: »
    Not sure if people are still following this post, but I'm excited to start this challenge once I get my new computer for Christmas! I'm going to look throughout this thread to see if anyone has any tips or tricks, but I know I plan on starting off as if it really is a new world and there is no electricity, no written languages, and my sims don't have any skills, so they must literally hone their skills before they can have anything. They will live off the land until they learn to cultivate it themselves, they will have to learn sculpting before they can build much of anything. I'm excited to watch my town grow from a caveman Era to stone age to iron age to the Renaissance Era and so on.

One question I have is about the general store that the town starts with. What exactly is it? It's not the consignment store, is it?

Thanks in advance!! And if anyone is still working on this challenge and has a blog or story somewhere please share with me!

Wow it's been a while since you've posted this so you've probably figured it out by now, but I think the general store is something that came with World Adventures. I didn't think you started with a general store anymore though.
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    @frozenorangejuic
    Wow, it's great to see you again! Wow, I didn't think anyone commented this thread anymore. :P
  • Options
    @KatNip I was actually refreshing myself on the rules of this challenge, as I think I'm going to start a Let's Play of it soon on my YouTube channel! Well a hybrid Adam and Eve 100 Baby Polygamy Challenge haha. I'm going to do a test run starting today to get my bearings and then the first two videos should be up either this Sunday or next (depending on how I'm feeling tomorrow which is the day I'd record for a Sunday release).
  • Options
    AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Whoa, this challenge sounds so awesome! When I am done with my current challenge I might seriously start this one! I'm going to scout this topic for any screenshots or videos to check if I understood all of the starting rules correctly! And make a google sheet with all the requirements to check of what I've done yet and what not! If anyone has tips for a starter like please let me know!
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Just strated this challenge. Im having a lot of fun :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top