Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Adam And Eve Challenge

Comments

• Options
    JMJphotostudioJMJphotostudio Posts: 162 Member
    edited October 2012
    To answer some questions.

Your Sim Family MUST FULLY OWN THE COMMUNITY Lot. Meaning that once it is built the family must have full ownership to the lot.

The Goal is Family Heritage Management. your town is being built around you
    r family. Much like the game have been built around certain Sim families. Ei Landgrabs and Goths. Except your town is about your family.

This challenge is for the people who want a challenge. If you find yourself getting bored try something different. I doubt that you can build a whole town on the Starting cash limit. I thought about lowering the starting cash but I figured that lowering it would change it too much. Hence the reason i started it is a 50 gen challenge. Like i said im willing to
    make changes to the rules as long as it doesn't break the challenge itself.
  • Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited October 2012
    CWaddell you are quite welcome! BlindDate has some nice sims. :D

After Connor pitched a hissy-fit, Bentley showed him to the toybox where he found... a tank??? That's the first time I've seen one of those come out of the toybox! :roll:

Screenshot-1351_zps038577ce.jpg

Jazzy picked something cuter, Sean the Sheep! How cute! :D

Screenshot-1352_zps413068be.jpg

And then she did something weird...
    She went for a moonlight crawl. :?

Screenshot-1354_zpsb404d5b3.jpg

She made a direct line for the front gate! I quickly locked it as right outside lurked the zombie-paparazzi!

Screenshot-1355_zps1247ffb8.jpg

Not being able to get outside she planted her lil bum right there and started to play with Sean the Sheep.

Screenshot-1356_zps08caed51.jpg

When she grew hungry she made her way back to the house, leaving poor Sean outside alone with the zombies only paces away. Poor Sean!

Screenshot-1359_zps4d40e222.jpg

That's all I have for now, I'm not sure if Bentley and Eden are expecting yet or not. I know they were wanting another bundle of... energy! :lol:
  • Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited October 2012
    I love this idea! I just spent an hour reading everyone's stories! Thank you so much for posting pics and advice.
  • Options
    GigidawnGigidawn Posts: 898 Member
    edited October 2012
    Sorry I haven't been on for awhile, real life... My son had a fall break this year and we spent some mommy/son time together, decorating for halloween and just doing daily household stuff.

I love all your families! I was happy to see so much going on!

@JMJPhotstudio: Thanks for coming up with a creative, fun and different way to play sims. My suggestion is not to get to caught up in rules. For me, I see them as more guidlines then hardfast rules. And people will tweak things here and there to fit their play style. So I think posting the rules are great, just don't be surprised that folks will have their on creative spin on the challenge. It's neat to see how everyone is building their town! Lovin' it!! =D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Vuneca- Are you thinking of trying it? Would luv to see your family and what you come up with! :D

GiGiDawn- Good to see you! Sounds like you had fun! Fall is my favorite time of year! :D
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2012
    Screenshot-1359_zps4d40e222.jpg

Cute update and your toddlers are adorable.

I'm looking forward to when my Adam and Eve can afford to move and start a family. I'm at the end of the second week and they just bought their 5th business - the movie theater, leaving them with about $3000. They will collect over $35,000 from the businesses on Monday but I may have to wait another week after that before they can afford to start their house. I left my age set at 90 days but changed the amount of time in each cycle, so they will have 4 weeks as young adults and almost the same amount as adults, which will be enough time to have a family.

I'm looking forward to see your children grow up.

BekahSue looks like your family is progressing along great. Looks like Ellen will be making your family's life "interesting".

• Options
    edited October 2012

I decided to add some trees in the town in spaces between lots to break up the sight line some.

Here are some pictures of my town:

Eve's garden

Screenshot-150.jpg

Garden Valley Commerce and Bistro, where Adam works in business and Eve works in journalism

Screenshot-151.jpg

Central Park with the Adam's Grocery and Cafe and Eve's Books and Spa in the background

Screenshot-153.jpg

Garden Valley's Public Services Building with the cemetery and a mobile home in the back. Off to the side is Adam and Eve's log home, which will become the consignment store when they move.

Screenshot-154.jpg

The school (Will put in playground, parking and landscaping when the family can afford it.)

Screenshot-155.jpg

The fishing spot

Screenshot-156.jpg

View of the town from the fishing spot

Screenshot-161.jpg

Housing near the farming section with the criminal headquarters and the fishing spot

Screenshot-160.jpg

View of the farming section from the fishing spot

Screenshot-163.jpg

Housing near the beach and some more in the background

Screenshot-164.jpg

My up-scale housing so far

Screenshot-169.jpg

There are currently 11 or 12 households so may need to build some more housing soon.

The new Movie Theater. Adam's police car is in the parking lot. When he reached level 5 of law enforcement he got a police car. He still has it even though he quit the police force to work in business.

Screenshot-213.jpg

This is the last that this generation will be building in town. They will concentrate on their own home and family now.

Screenshot-188.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2012

AngelzzzDaydream0- I am giving it a try. I decided to settle in Moonlit Falls. It took forever to clear everything out! I am not nearly as creative as you guys so I am going to stick with pre created lots and houses as I add them back in.

Can someone tell me how to post pictures here?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    random though- I find it odd that i wrote my post at 10 am est but it says I posted it at 1410. Who decides the time on these things??
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I just placed a junk yard to help my inventor Adam out but it's not a purchasable property. How do I take the funds out of my household monies?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Sounds like you are off to a great start! It took me forever to clear out the world I am using as well! Do you use a photo hosting site? I use Photobucket, here is the link:
    http://s235.beta.photobucket.com/

It's free. You upload your photos and then in your album there will be a drop down on the photo. Choose the img sharing one and then paste the link here. At least that is the way I have done it. Someone might have an easier way? Can't wait to see your sims, and don't worry I'm not creating my own town lots, unless it would be a park or something. :D

I think there is a cheat to subtract funds but I'm not sure what it is. This is the only other cheat to subtract the funds that I have found...

■familyfunds [HOUSEHOLD] [AMOUNT]
    Sets the amount of Simoleons of the family to [AMOUNT]. For example, 'familyfunds Landgraab 10000' gives the Landgraab family 10,000 Simoleons, even if they first had 50,000 simoleons. Note:If a space is used in a household's name (such as De Luca), the name must be surrounded by quotation marks. The cheat for the De Luca family would look like this: familyfunds "De Luca" 50000
  • Options
    edited October 2012

I use a mod (Mastercontroller) to easily subtract funds from my household but I think there is an EA cheat.

After entering cheat mode try typing in familyfunds and a negative amount. I think that will subtract the amount.

To post pictures there a 2 ways.

1. Use the launcher to upload screen shots to your studio media section. Once they are there select the picture and use right click to copy the picture location (it will be called different things on different browsers). Start a post and then paste the location. Highlight that and choose Img from the buttons at the top of the post composition window. Select preview button at the bottom to see if it worked.

2. Get an account say on photobucket or other media storage site. Upload from your screen shots folder. Then copy the img data and paste into a post. Use preview to check it out.

EDIT: Angel has the right info for the familyfunds cheat and I think using photobucket is probably easier that uploading here. I use photobucket now cause I am out of space here.

I have been using residential lots from EA worlds and residential and some community lots from 2 worlds I downloaded - Great Bear and Meadow Glen Updated. I have been creating some of my own community lots to keep the initial cost down. Later generations will embellish them when there is more money. But then I do enjoy building.

• Options
    edited October 2012

I have built my family's house on a 50X50 lot that I converted from community to residential. It costs just over $55,000 without furnishings, landscaping or fencing so my family won't be able to move in for a couple more weeks.

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/Studio9/Sims 3/Adam and Eve/Screenshot-227.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/Studio9/Sims 3/Adam and Eve/Screenshot-218.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/Studio9/Sims 3/Adam and Eve/Screenshot-223.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/Studio9/Sims 3/Adam and Eve/Screenshot-228.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm42/Studio9/Sims 3/Adam and Eve/Screenshot-229.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]

• Options
    edited October 2012
    CWaddell, Thanks so much for the nice comments! =o)

Your town is looking awesome! I luv the look of the businesses you chose! Can't wait to see their children! :D
    The house is amazing! Luv the nice big front porch! Perfect for rocking chairs. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Your town is looking awesome! I luv the look of the businesses you chose! Can't wait to see their children! :D
    The house is amazing! Luv the nice big front porch! Perfect for rocking chairs. :D

I have really been enjoying building the town but I'm ready to start the family. I'm a little frustrated because there is no room in their current log cabin for kids. I probably should have managed my money better so they wouldn't have to wait 2 more weeks. Oh well, there will still be time for a family just need to concentrate on their LTWs in the meantime.

Hope everyone is having fun with their games.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Maybe you could squeeze a crib in there somewhere? Or build a basement? Til you get in the new house they will be a toddler or child. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Nice house cwaddell!

I made Adam and Eve Moore. I was going to go with Smith but changed my mind. I LOVED the idea of having one be human and one be a witch so eve is a family oriented witch and Adam is a inventor/sculptor/artist.

Adam working on his skills

Eve in the Garden
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I had them stat on skill right away and belated thought they should have more than the beginning relationship lvl so after "work" they got to know each other:

by dancing

And cuddling

Which of course led to other things but they are not ready for babies yet!

Poor Adam as a long way to go before he's a master at inventing :(

This is about when I added the junk yard so I sent him over to collect scrap and found a very odd collection of sims!
    Could this be considered a Tourist Apocalypse?

While Adam was greeting all the confused tourists Eve was gathering seeds and gems and such only to be stalked by a fairy paparazzi! You can see her way in the background as Eve escapes. (she is not a celeb nor is Adam and they are the only sims so far!)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Oh, and thanks for the help/advice! I have never been one for blogging or telling stories with my sims but after seeing all the stories posted here I couldn't resist. You guys are inspiring :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Adam and Eve are building skills and trying to keep up with chores. They are def in their honeymoon phase though. Eve can't ever seem to get dressed!

"How do you expect me to get anything done if you walk around like that all day?!"

I'm not sure how this happened but E found an uncommon seed on her coffee table. Anyone else had that?

Then is was the first full moon. They thought everything was fine until 2 in the morning when this guy appeared

followed by the fairy paparazzi that was stalking E earlier in the week. I guess that's what she gets!

But thankfully the fences kept them out. I know in my other games the fences didn't stop the zombies from coming in and destroying the garden (?) So the young couple decided not to waste the effects of the full moon

A was so pleased he decided not to get dressed the next day either and even helped with the chores!

The Moores are still the only permanent sims in the game but E is getting phone calls anyway. There was no message or person on the line. Perhaps it was one of those pre recorded political calls? ;)

• Options
    edited October 2012

Great updates Vuneca and I wouldn't mind your Adam not getting fully dressed either :wink: .

• Options
    edited October 2012
    I have a question about the gifts you get from online friends. Are we not supposed to accept them while we're in this game? It goes against the outside income rule from the original Legacy Challenge if I recall. For example, today I got 3 stereos and some bubble bath. Normally I sell whatever I don't need/want but that effects the family funds outside of the theme here. Just wondering :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I know I'm filling up the forum but I had a chill day and got to play a lot!

Even revived her first plant! She definitely overextended herself with such a huge garden.
    Screenshot-32.jpg

And poor Adam lit himself on fire while inventing!
    Screenshot-31.jpg

They finally gave in and had city hall built. It also contains the military and police HQs. They decided to register Adam as an inventor and Eve as an alchemist.
    Screenshot-34.jpg

While out surveying the town Eve ran into this preformer in the middle of a community lot. Eve tried for hours to meet this woman but she refused to stop her show. Perhaps if Eve had left a tip...?
    Screenshot-27.jpg

The second Eve got home this zombie performer appeared. In the middle of the day on a new moon. It was the performer from before! She REALLY wanted that tip!
    Screenshot-29.jpg

I was planning to wait until full adulthood to start a family but both Adam and Eve REALLY want a baby! Perhaps they work on that tonight when I get to play more :)

• Options
    edited October 2012

NO age defying effects...
    NO LIFE FRUITS
    NO AMBROSIA
    NO DEATH FLOWERS
    NO BRINGING BACK FROM THE DEAD.
    If one of the family members is turned to a Vampire that sim is concidered DEAD.
    If one of the family members is a ghost that sim is concidered DEAD.
    You can Import Sim Families into the game but they are not playable unless married into the family.
    If by chance that one of the family members Spouse Leave they are concidered Dead. And have no Cliams to the family of the fortune.

I have been having a vampire and celebrity epidemic in my game. At one point I had 16 resident humans and 6 of them were vampires. I cheated and used Mastercontroller to make 4 of them human again, but EA's story progression has now turned more people into vampires. If this keeps happening then by the time my second generation starts looking for mates half the town will be vampires.

Here's my problem: if one of them ends up with a vamp and they have children then those children will turn into vamps when they become young adults. I can have those newly turned vamps go to the science lab and get the cure but according to the rules they can not be brought back from the dead (vampires being considered dead).

I noticed ghosts and vampires were mentioned but not the other occults. Is the main problem with vampires because they live so long? If so I think fairies, genies and werewolves also live a long time. I have no problem with any of the occults.

I guess my question is: what is the issue with vampires? Is it because they have long life spans or is it something else?

As far as fixing my vampire infestation I can continually use Mastercontroller to convert them to human or I could install Twallan's StoryPregression so I can dictate what percentage of the population can be vampires. I think one of the latest patches allows vampires to be turned off but I'm running my game at patch level 1.29 and not updating.

So I'm not sure which way to go to fix this problem.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Good point cwaddell. I was wondering the same thing. I had assumed it was because of the life span. Do Were's really life extra long too?

On another note,are you importing families as your city grows or do they spawn on their own? As I have added businesses and things I have added a few empty houses of dif value. They are ALL still empty and tourists and paparazzi are the only other sims in the game :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top