Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Adam And Eve Challenge

Comments

• Options
    GigidawnGigidawn Posts: 898 Member
    edited October 2012
    HAHAH Bucknakie!!! Your town is coming along nicely! I never considered building on the rabbithole lots. I'll have to try that.

*The 3rd generation have been born and I still don't have a school! I should really think about putting one in! I didn't want to build up too fast and been limiting to one venue per generation, but that really really could take a very long time! So far I have the consignment shop, City hall(that have the military and police rabbitholes) and three houses (founder house, Bramble's house and Buttercup's house).

I have my main family visit Bramble and Buttercup often. So far there is only one child for Bramble and no pregnancy in sight for Buttercup.

Cannon will be aging up to child in 3 sim days. And my founders Adam and Ana are nearing their expiration date. It could be any time now. I will miss them!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Beanie!! Thank you so much for my Marvelous Mirror! What an unexpected surprise! :):)
  • Options
    savethecatssavethecats Posts: 345 Member
    edited October 2012
    The cat trap picture is adorable!!!
  • Options
    I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited October 2012
    yw :wink:
    I know what you mean about not wanting to build up to fast. I'm going to go to just buying one to two lots per each new generation. I still have parks, venues, the beach, community garden, the rest of the job lots...so much to do!!! lol

Update:

screenshot_original.jpg

Travis started picking up on the housework now that Eva was due any day now. He doesn't particularly enjoy, can you tell? lol

screenshot_original.jpg

Eva is busy as usual in the garden. I gave her the gardener career as soon as I build the City Hall (Travis is now a police officer).

screenshot_original.jpg

Apparently, Eva is determined to have all her children in the garden...lol. I know its the "Adam and Eve" challenge, but really Eva...do you need to take it so literally?! Haha!

screenshot_original.jpg

Introducing little Harrison. He has Loves Outside and Friendly Trait. Not sure where the darker completion came from, but I love surprises! Speaking of surprises, Eva had twins! Harrison and his twin sister Laylee. I don't have a newborn shot of her but her traits are Virtuoso and Easily Impressed.

screenshot_original.jpg

Johnny aged up into childhood the same day the twins were born. He is just the cutest little boy ever <3 He has his father's pointy ears and brown eyes, and his mothers hair and complexion. *holds off every urge to sneak a peek at what they look like aged up in CAS* :mrgreen:

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

With the birth of the twins, Travis and Eva decided it was time to add on an addition to the home. There is now a large nursery on the first floor off of the living room and another large room upstairs that will be a skill room.

• Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited October 2012
    This challenge sounds amazing! I can't wait to give it a go!

Your families are gorgeous! Luv hearing how everyone's challenge is going. Going to start working on mine after saving a few community lots!

:D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    @beanie.. Eva's pregnant belly is so cute, and I have a feeling Johnny is going to be a looker! Will he be you heir? Oh, btw... Looks like you sims computer needs repairing! ;)

@angelzzzz... Can't wait to see your stories!!!

I checked back at the rules, and the OP states we can switch families as long as they were born in the main family. I just might do that to force a pregnancy with Buttercup. Her husband is now elderly and I want to see that family grow.

What I really am enjoying with this challenge, is getting to know each townie. Of course, it will be harder and harder to maintain high relationships an keep track of everyone the bigger the town gets.

**edit.. sorry for all the typos.. I write these on my ipad at on my lunch break at work and it's not easy!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    @ Gigidawn
    I hate when story progression has certain couples remain childless. Especially when its one of my favorites. Sometimes our simmies just need a helpful "shove" to do the right thing :wink: lol

I was wondering though, how did you build your simmies homes? Did you do it in edit town or switch households and buy it that way? Also, are we suppose to have any empty homes for townies (coworkers, schoolmates...ect). I want to check before I mess up the challenge! :D

@ Angelzzz
    Join in on the fun! It totally makes the game a lot more interesting and less repetitive. :P
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I_am_bean wrote:

I was wondering though, how did you build your simmies homes? Did you do it in edit town or switch households and buy it that way? Also, are we suppose to have any empty homes for townies (coworkers, schoolmates...ect). I want to check before I mess up the challenge! :D

I had to add a home so that a townie would move in to work the consignment shop. Otherwise, the consignment shop stayed closed without an employee. That home did not come out of the family funds. I couldn't find away for it to do that.

The home I placed for Bramble and her IF husband - I placed from Edit Town mode, and then had bramble use her cell phone to move and selected that home to move into (as well as B*o*b*o her husband). When they moved, it reduced the household funds by the price of the house. (I also made sure that this family was not check marked for Active Family.)

I imagine that I will need to continue to add homes for townies to move into to run the registers in venues; but those will not come out of the household funds, only the homes that my simmies chilren eventually move into will be out of the funds.

I don't know if this is how the OP intended it to work. But it's what I have been doing.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Working on my couple right now. Hopefully will start on saving the buildings and finding out which neighborhood I want to use. Then I'll be posting some pics when I get started! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Here is the world I'm using and I highly recommend it. I'm using the version in the post, at the bottom, that has all the lots but is just an empty world:

Forum Post:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/427474.page

DL link (has all lots emptied)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?na9tcfy5yeat4gx
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    @beanie... hmmm.. I wonder if I should make a copy of my family and switch over to SV2? I thinking about seasons and Hidden Springs doesn't have a beach...

**edit.. well there goes that idea... I can't download from mediafire (for some reason my computer won't let it, and don't know how to work around it) and the creator doesn't have it on the exchange.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Lots of updates for my Heritage Family:

The gnomes are procreating:
    Screenshot-248.jpg

Adopted a new baby kitten, Fluffy has taken a liking to Heidi the new kitty:
    Screenshot-249.jpg

During a visit from Buttercup, she suddenly turned into a zombie! That's okay, momma Heritage quickly cured her.
    Screenshot-251.jpg
    Screenshot-252.jpg

Cannon ages to child:
    Screenshot-258.jpg
    Screenshot-261.jpg

During his birthday party, him and his cousin Mendy become the best of friends.
    Screenshot-262.jpg

Training wheels!
    Screenshot-273.jpg

Buttercup is finally pregnant (took some intervention on my part)
    Screenshot-271.jpg

A school was added to the town. Cannon's first day of school! He looks very apprehensive!
    Screenshot-268.jpg
    Screenshot-269.jpg

After school, Cannon likes to go to Mendy's house where they do homework together.
    Screenshot-274.jpg

First Death is Fluffy, the family cat. The whole family mourns and walks around crying all day. Adam and Ana try to comfort each other, but it's no use. They are all very sad at this time.
    Screenshot-278.jpg
    Screenshot-279.jpg
    Screenshot-280.jpg
    Screenshot-281.jpg

Ana and Adam are grandparents for the 3rd time. They visit Buttercup to meet the new grandbaby. It's a boy! (can't remember his name) He's a werewolf like his father.
    Screenshot-283.jpg

Cannon's sleepover!
    Screenshot-286.jpg
    Screenshot-289.jpg

The ghost of Fluffy. I'm hoping the ghost shows up again before Ana passes away; Ana will try and resurrect Fluffy now that she is lvl 10 witch (took all her life to get there!)
    Screenshot-292.jpg

More Gnomes!
    Screenshot-293.jpg

Heritage Family adopts two foals.
    Screenshot-298.jpg
    Screenshot-299.jpg

Ana and Adam Heritage.. won't be long now before the grim makes a visit. I've grown quite fond of these two and will miss them!
    Screenshot-297.jpg

The is the best family photo I can get. Not in the pic is the new baby from Buttercup and Bramble's daughter, Mendy, and Buttercup is not there too.
    Screenshot-295.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2012
    great update! I'll be working on mine soon :mrgreen:
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2012
    I_am_bean wrote:
    Here is the world I'm using and I highly recommend it. I'm using the version in the post, at the bottom, that has all the lots but is just an empty world:

Forum Post:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/427474.page

DL link (has all lots emptied)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?na9tcfy5yeat4gx

I decided to try this challenge and downloaded Sunset Valley 2. Thanks for the suggestion it looks like it will be perfect. I've created Adam and Eve Gardener and named the town Garden Valley.

I plan to follow most of the rules but not all. I don't plan to use cheats after the initial setup but I do plan to keep my mods. Relativity allows more things to be done in a day and if this was a competition that would be a cheat but since I'm using this as a play guide I'm keeping Relativity and my other mods. I will roll random traits for the first 2 when the babies are born but then the next 3 (when they age up to child, teen and young adult)I will pick according to their zodiac sign. If I pick up special seeds and they turn out to be money trees I will keep the plants as an added source of income (not sure if that is according to strict legacy rules are not).

The only other change is how I'm spending the initial $500,000 and how many generations I will play. I can not see me lasting for 50 generations and it won't take me that long to build the town since I'm not limiting to one community building per generation. Instead of building a big house for the family in the beginning I built a small one-room cabin, with bath, that costs about $36,000. They will move out of it when they have children and it will become the consignment store. I put most of the rest of the money into community buildings.

I put the combined city hall/ military / police station (from the Pets EP) on a piece of land and used terrain paint for walkway - cost $0. A later generation will beautify the lot and/or add the grander looking combined building from LN.

I put in a combined business center / bistro with some landscaping , etc - cost a little less than $5000.

I put a combined grocery / cafe and a combined book store / spa on a piece of land. I used terrain paint and community planters then added about $5000 of park benches, trees, and outdoor tables and chairs outside the cafe.

I put in an altered version of the central park from Great Bear and replaced flooring for sidewalks with terrain paint and removed most of the landscaping, buildings and fencing / edging cutting the cost in half to a little over $65,000. A late generation will fix up the central park.

I removed the remote water falls fishing spot and put in a fishing spot from Great Bear much closer to town - cost a little less than $23,000. I also put in a small park - $2500.

The cemetery on a lot behind the city hall cost a little less than $15,000. I added some special seed spawners since this town had very few.

I noticed that a family with children moved in so put in a school building and added terrain paint sidewalks - cost of $0. A later generation will add a playground, parking, paving and landscaping.

After buying partnerships in the 3 combined businesses and then buying them outright, Adam and Eve had between $40,000 and $45,000 left. By putting most of the money into community buildings my first tax bill was very small. By the time the bills get really big one of them will get "no bills ever" upgrade.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Awww poor Fluffy. It seems to take the sims forever to get over a pet's death. Interesting to see their grandchildren! Really enjoyed seeing Ana and Adam throughout their sim-years. Will miss them too! But maybe they will come back n visit sometimes. :D
    Just moved my couple onto a lot, fixed up the house a bit and darn if it didn't freeze! Arggg! Pictures to come...
  • Options
    BekahSueBekahSue Posts: 623 Member
    edited October 2012
    This challenge sounds really fun! I've already gotten started, and my couple is expecting their first child.

I do have a question though: how do I purchase City Hall? I have built it, but it isn't showing up under purchasable property. Any suggestions?

Edit:

Here's a picture of my founding couple, Adam and Evie Towner.
    Screenshot-97edit_zps4d896eb0.jpg
    t99zif.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    You have to buy an empty lot, then build on it. For some reason after you but a rabbit hole on a lot, the lot is immediately sold back to you once you return to game.

Here's my update:

Eva loves being a mother. She is a little more than halfway to achieving her LW of having a large family. But, can Eva handle the demanding job of raising so many little ones so close in age?
    screenshot_original.jpg

Laylee is got to be one of the cutest little girl simmies I've ever had born in game. An boy is this little girl spoiled. She's the only girl with two older brothers, and definitely the princess of the house.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Travis just loves snuggling his little ones. And Harrison seems to love it too!
    screenshot_original.jpg

Harrison is the spitting image of Travis. With his great personality, will he be the chosen heir?
    screenshot_original.jpg

Johnny is officially a big kid! He started school and is loving meeting new friends. Quite odd seeing there is no one else living in town :lol:
    screenshot_original.jpg

With all the new fuss over the twins, Johnny is feeling a little left out. Sometimes being a big brother is not all that its cracked up to be
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Bekah, luv your couple, specially Evie! She has the cutest freckles and just looks so innocent.

Bean, your kids are all so gorgeous how are you ever going to choose which one will be the heir? Such a cute family!

I've uploaded some pics and will post my family this evening, hopefully! =O)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    jessyxdavidsonjessyxdavidson Posts: 896 Member
    edited October 2012
    This sounds really interesting, I might give it a try.

I don't know if this was mentioned (I quit reading at page 3 :oops: ) but another way for your families to use the money for each lot would be Shift-Click -> Buy/Build on this lot. I think you have to have the testingcheatsenabled true on, but it would work. I dunno if it would considered cheating or not though. But it's just a thought :XD:
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Yay! Updates! Can't wait to see more!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Okay, so here is my Adam and Eve couple...

Bentley and Eden Adams

Screenshot-1344_zps73f7721a.jpg

Bentley is actually from my legacy family, second generation. I'm really happy that I found a place for him and his lady love to live out their lives.

Bentley's traits are Brave, Daredevil, Family Oriented, Green Thumb, and Athletic. Eden's traits are Family Oriented, Animal Lover, Artistic, Frugal, and Nurturing.

Eden and Bentley have a long history together as she was his imaginary friend. Here are a few pics of them as they leave their home and family in Sunlit Tides...

Popping the Question..

Screenshot-1213_zps1b2882a5.jpg

Screenshot-1214_zps6157f778.jpg

Screenshot-1215_zps96fff073.jpg

On the way to Bentley's graduation...

Screenshot-1216_zps04c0edd9.jpg

Screenshot-1217_zps2d4e9126.jpg

The Wedding...

Screenshot-1244_zpscbf91d41.jpg

Screenshot-1264_zpsd0522466.jpg

Screenshot-1265_zpsd7bfc9e5.jpg

The wedding night...

Screenshot-1272_zps08cdc7af.jpg

Screenshot-1277_zps6393a169.jpg

Yep those two better get some rest, they are going to be working their lil sim heinies off tomorrow! :lol:
  • Options
    Spiderg1rlSpiderg1rl Posts: 7,343 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm seriously contemplating having my Aim for the Stars story as this. Thankfully the rules aren't too strict as I'm more of a story teller and a rule breaker for the good of the story :lol:
  • Options
    GAO62GAO62 Posts: 36 Member
    edited October 2012
    I really like this challenge. I have emptied all lots and purchased one for my founders. I just can't seem to figure out how to buy the lots for community buildings with my sims funds. I have read all the posts and the option to buy the lots doesn.t seem to be and option. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I haven't tried to buy a lot yet, I'm still working on setting things up and getting them to start the family. If I get to that point I'll share whatever I come up with. From what I understand they somehow are buying the lots and then the money gets returned to them. Which isn't a bad deal as 500,000 isn't much once you start to buy lots.

Can't wait to see your sims you have created! =O)
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2012

This is how I did it.

For lots that a sim can't buy in game like parks, fishing spots, the cemetery, the city hall - public service building I built the lots. Then in town edit I selected the buildings to see how much they are worth and deleted that amount of funds from my sims' household. The way I built some of these lots like public service building they didn't cost a thing. Others did.

For lots that have the rabbit-hole buildings that can be bought in game I deleted the amount of the lot, as above. Then I had my sims buy the partnership, then the ownership of the building. I did this for the combined grocery - cafe, the combined book store - spa and the combined business - bistro. Then every Monday they will collect their income.

There are other buildings that can be bought in game such as the library, the art gallery, bars, etc. I will just have my sims buy them in game and every Monday collect their income.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top