June 21 - Ready for a launch day livestream? SimGurus will be answering Island Living related questions today! Details here.
June 18 - Patch day for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac! Take a look at what changed on PC/Mac here

Is the sims 2 better than sims 3? what's your opinion?

12345679...Next

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,490 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Nooo... that's not what I want. I LOVE that TS2 townies don't age and that I can know them all and later generations can marry them in. It's a feature I want enjoy.

I don't mind SP in TS3 because it was there but I never really liked it- an it was broken without mods. :(
    In TS3 I play 1 family, in TS2 I play many. Sometimes not in rotation but jumping around... so no, don't age them for me. :cry:
    @ShySimz wrote: »
    Some people love the Sims 2 so much........

.....I am not one of those people.

Of course, the first thing i did was accidentally make my sim go crazy and then I think she died because I didn’t know how to travel properly. (She got stuck in a toy store.) Is it different with expansion packs?

Are you playing TS2 now? Do you need help to travel- click on the phone booth to go home. Toy store... that isn't until later expansions. Open for Business... :(

:D Your right there should be a option (that actually works) to turn it on or off. That way everyone can play the game the way they want.

@ShySimz Sounds like your sim went into aspiration failure. :D
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 187 Member
    For me it has to be sims 2, mainly because it runs really well on my lower end laptop. The sims themselves seem to have more personality and I liked the attraction system and the fact they had star signs. The other things that are awesome are the hidden lots and I love bigfoot. Sims 3 is also an amazing game and I love the open world and the stunning landscapes but I think you need mods for it. Unfortunately I have not been able to explore sims 3 fully because of my low specks, maybe one day :). As so many have said before a combination of sims 2 and 3 world be the ultimate.
  • morganlydiamorganlydia Posts: 57 Member
    In my personal opinion, I would rather play the Sims 2 than the Sims 3. I did the same exact thing as you... uninstalled the Sims 3 to play the Sims 2.
  • ShaeShae Posts: 139 Member
    edited March 2018
    I used to really enjoy playing Sims 3, but the lag was killer. I tried playing it the other day, but the game itself was so dark (even with the lighting mods and settings at the highest levels) that I couldn't make it through 30 mins. That's more of an an issue with my declining vision than the game itself I think. Because years ago when I played it, I didn't have that problem.

With Sims 2 - it runs fast, the lighting is good, plus the sims are lively and fun to play. A few years ago I probably would have given Sims 3 a higher rating, but nowadays I think Sims 2 trumps it.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.
    h17B2BE31
  • CreampuffcatCreampuffcat Posts: 162 Member
    @JULES1111 Yep. Some psychiatrist type of guy just came into the house and she had a breakdown. I was a bit freaked out myself.

• CreampuffcatCreampuffcat Posts: 162 Member
    It looked weird. I couldn’t tell if it was a toy store or some type of comic book place but I do only have the Sims 2. It was in Pleasant View but I can’t find the words to describe it...

• EthropturEthroptur Posts: 9 New Member
    I love both TS2 and TS3, as each one has provided me with hundreds of hours of entertainment.

TS3 has some of the best customisation in any of The Sims games bar none, and the sheer amount of game-play options (when all EPs are installed) is unparalleled in any game I've played. However, the sims themselves sometimes seem rather stale in comparison to TS2's sims - they lack the same level of personality and charm that TS2's sims had.

TS2 had a variety of game-play options that I sorely miss from TS3. Namely, businesses, talent badges and bigfoot. The sims themselves are also far more lively. However, the lack of an open world and the lack of customisation options relative to TS3 render the game difficult to play for extended periods of time. The continuous loading screens are jarring and immersion-breaking. *cough*TS4*cough*.

Overall, TS3 is my preferred game to play.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 11,748 Member
    edited April 2018
    Some parts of the sims 2 are better others not.
    Both gave some great expansions.

The sims 2 sims were better for me

The sims 3 expended its game so much with packs and the store content with a lot of minor gameplay
    Had better tools.
    Create a world
    Create a pattern
    Story progression.
    Larger worlds

But honestly without its 4 largest tools its no better than 2.

Both as base games are dull. Both with all packs and store are awesome. :D

Both were great for me.

50/50
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID
    MichaelUKingdon
  • bunny-gypsybunny-gypsy Posts: 3,704 Member
    edited April 2018
    Years later, while I love the many things Sims 3 brings to the table, Sims 2 still runs better for me, has plenty of challenge and little details, has time-frozen lots (helpful with easing some gameplay), has the charming (for me) toddlers and babies, and has cool business content. I’m still a big Sims 2 fan.
    ~*~Long live all the family play!~*~
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 30,268 Member
    Asking someone like me which I like better TS2 or TS3, is like asking me if I like ice cream or ice milk. Real cheese or imitation cheese food product. Meat or soy filled meat product. Chocolate milk or chocolate drink product. Sugar or sweetner. Orange juice or orange drink. Koolaid or flavored, bottled water. And if you ask me about TS2 and TS4 it's like asking me oranges or apples. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 11,748 Member
    Years later, while I love the many things Sims 3 brings to the table, Sims 2 still runs better for me, has plenty of challenge and little details, has time-frozen lots (helpful with easing some gameplay), has the charming (for me) toddlers and babies, and has cool business content. I’m still a big Sims 2 fan.

So far the sims 2 complete including store, mods and cc runs well. 10seconds to load :)
    Origin ID
    MichaelUKingdon
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,880 Member
    I love (and still actively play) both TS2 and 3, but I find that TS2 feels more alive.

As much as I loved TS3's open world and advanced options, I'm not a fan of the empty lots. Like, if I go to a club or festival, I want other people to be there too. And I was disappointed that we never got a proper Open For Business EP for 3, since that was one of my favourite EPs in 2.

I think that, if 3 had been developed by a company who actually cared enough about it to maximize its potential and fix all the game-breaking glitches, it would have been awesome. I'd be interested to see what would happen if a non-EA company recreated TS3 using modern technology and fixed all the bugs~ it'd be a different experience for sure.

By comparison, 4 feels incomplete, like a sloppy mobile port. It's a huge step back from both 2 and 3~ if I knew nothing about The Sims franchise at all, I'd probably think that 4 was actually TS2, 2 was 3, and 3 was 4 (since the next game in a series is supposed to be an improvement on the last iteration, not a downgrade).

Someone who's not EA needs to create a new life simulator. If EA actually had competition, maybe they'd actually take the time to do things properly, instead of releasing these glitch-ridden messes we players have come to expect from them.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 4,882 Member
    If I ever strike it rich, the first thing on my list to do is make a new Sims game. :smiley:
    logo_489628_web_zps00dd166f.png
  • MeLoveDaSimsMeLoveDaSims Posts: 1 New Member
    Honestly I've been playing the sims and sims 2 since it came out on playstation 2 when i was 9-10 years old. And im 22 lol and not too long after like around 12 I was playing the pc version. I fell on love with sims 2 it will always have a special place in my heart. I just recently purchased sims 3 and i love the game its been growing on me. But i think ts2 is better.
  • mrcnlbyrkmrcnlbyrk Posts: 32 Member
    Sims in TS2 are more realistic at acting compared to Sims in TS3. But TS3 gives more freedom. I think both are perfect games and I play both.
    giphy.gif