December 6 - It's Friday. What does it mean in The Sims forums? Time to highlight some awesim discussions!
December 5 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.

Is the sims 2 better than sims 3? what's your opinion?

14567810...Next

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited November 2
    I love TS2, the personalities and the love they gave to it. I love TS3 there's so much to do. Both are amazing games.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 4,549 Member
    I started with the 3 series after briefly playing 2 years before at a friends house and I have to say I adore 3 for the open world however when I managed to get my hands on the ultimate S2 collection it seemed so different I really struggled to get used to it but then ended up loving it due to the emotion system and the way sims behave naturally depending depending on what is going on around them so that really hooked me in and I started to play regularly and so as i have recently had a long stint doing everything 3 I am now back to 2 for a while and with the right mods and CC it can look as modern as a player might like :)

One of Rflong7's custom neighborhoods (neither of us can remember the name of it-) at the time I desperately wanted a beach area for my sims to live on and could not achieve it myself so she was kind enough to provide both the hood and the houses that fit on that beach area perfectly lol

Vtlfmbf.jpg

and a modern day version of Dustin & Brandi Broke

ObpfEh7.png
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,204 Member
    Is 2 better than 3? Well......it's complicated for me. When ts3 was new, I hated it. I still played and got all the content for it and all the while, I complained bitterly because it wasn't ts2 made better, as far as I could see. But after ts4 came out, I suddenly loved ts3 and still loved ts2. So, depending upon what aspect you are talking about, some of ts3 IS better than ts2, but overall, ts2 is still the game for me.

I like the open world of ts3, and which I could use that in my ts2 game. I love the style thing in 3, can't remember what it's called now, oh brother I'm getting old! But nothing has yet replaced the behavior or look of ts2 for me as the best of the lot. I play ts2 mostly today, and probably will continue to do so, as I find ts4 really bland compared to 2 and 3. Hope that helped your understanding of the two games.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8