September 24 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!

Is the sims 2 better than sims 3? what's your opinion?

15678911...Next

Comments

• alwaysraeealwaysraee Posts: 21 Member
    Sims 2 has great gameplay and the smallest details like the slices of pizza and the kids walking on their loved ones feet are some of the greatest things I've seen. Sims 3 has the open world and no loading screens. I really hate comparing things lol but sims 2 and sims 3 have so many different things that each of them do to satisfy us players. I love them both so much. I wish the gameplay from sims 2, the open world from sims 3, and the graphics from sims 4 could be combined but thats just wishful thinking huh? lol They're all great to me though!
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,089 Member
    I've now played TS4 extensively and can say that I prefer TS2 because it's just more interesting to play. When I play TS4 it feels like I spend days just trying to accomplish X goal, e.g., completing a collection or finishing a college major. It's very linear and I'm not inspired to create back stories for my sims or build relationships outside of whatever they need to keep their social motives up while they accomplish their goals. I really like a lot of the gameplay in sims 4, like Get Famous and the Jungle game pack. I just don't remember any of my characters names once my game is closed for a while. With Sims 2, I have legacies and all of my sims have their own stories, there isn't as much to do as in TS4, but I enjoy watching the interactions and getting surprised by my sims and their wants. I hope with Sims 5, the sims will be a little more quirky and interesting and the gameplay options will be as rich as they are for sims 4.

I also prefer Sims 2 neighbourhoods. I gave up trying to build a unique neighbourhood in my TS4 game. Too limited.

I would definitely rank my games as Sims 2, Sims 4, Sims 1 now. I think I used to rank it as Sims 2, Sims 1, and then Sims 4.

I own Sims 3 and all of the packs but I don't play it so I can't rank it. I use it for converting stuff to TS2.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited September 5
    Lol, reading earlier comments, in 2014 people were complaining about this thread being necroed! Anyway, I personally prefer TS2 because I love the sweet look of the Sims’ faces.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    I'm only playing sims 3 now as I can't get sims 2 to work on my laptop. A couple of years ago I would have said 2 but now I find it really hard to choose, I suppose I will always have a soft spot for sims 2.