The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hi, My Name Is...The Landing Pad

Comments

• Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited May 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    this
    still wants to ask if you would ad the contest idea thread to the landing pad... http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/684216.page

I already did.
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    edited May 2014
    KaytayRoall, Oh that will be great, I can't wait to see the pics. I've recently finished making a little cottage, with grey stone and I really like how that turns out..I wasn't sure when I first saw it amongst the others but once I have it cover the walls, it was love at first paste, Oh i'm such a dork.

Hello Blythelyre, it's nice to meet the one who started the landing pad.

Tiggerkitty, Oh I hope that you didn't feel that I was being defensive or anything, I do appreciate what you said in your previous posts and I have started to look at my own builds a little more positively.
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited May 2014
    Blythelyre wrote:
    HI!!! :mrgreen:

Hello to all the pretty avatars! Hope everyone is doing well. Just dropping in, making sure nothing crazy is going on.

Any questions, concerns, requests for link placements?
    Hi Blythe! Rita and I are setting up a new contest directory under permission of DangerDanger. I was hoping to have it up by this week for everyone, but Rita has disappeared for the past few days and hasn't gotten back to me. We are also waiting on the last of our banners for the thread to be made by the amazing and talented Illusie!
    Just letting you know ahead of time. :mrgreen:

And yes, I've been lurking here. :oops:
    So a hello and welcome to everyone! Now I can stop being creepy. :lol:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2014
    Blythelyre wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    this
    still wants to ask if you would ad the contest idea thread to the landing pad... http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/684216.page

I already did.

ok did check... just did remember you saying you did... might have asked others at some point
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited May 2014
    Woo, finals are complete, I've successfully made it through my first year of college. It feels like just yesterday that I was graduating high school. :?

@Trip: Hello and welcome. It's nice to meet you. CAS is always fun. You get to make unique sims and somehow I always end up spending way too much time in it. :XD: Contests are fun to enter. I like seeing all the competition because then you can ogle of their skills and get inspiration/ideas for other builds. Have fun and good luck on any other contests you enter.

@KaytayRoall: I can't wait to see pictures of it. :)

@Anette: I meant to say in my last reply that the days off, at least in New England, due to weather (snow) is very sporadic. We never know when exactly we are going to get a snow day or if it'll be okay to go to school. Either way, they can't make us stay in school longer than June 30th (without any snow days, normally they would get out around June 15th but the likelihood of that happening is next to none). I think that's because of the teacher contracts (at least that's what I was told). If we have more snow days than that, they would either make it an emergency cancellation (don't remember the exact name) in which you don't need to make up or they would possibly make us take up some of our Spring break. That hasn't happened in all the time I was in kindergarten to high school so it's rare to have more snow days than you have days to make it up and end up going past June 30th. I hope that makes sense. When planning for vacations, you just have to make sure it's in July and not June.

College, however, is totally different. They get out in early May (hence why I had finals) and when they have a snow day, it's not made up. The professors are the ones that need to adapt to the less days to teach. So, overall, in college (again I don't know about anywhere else so it could be the same where you are too) you go the same amount no matter how many days you had off due to weather.
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @Lopi yes we get vaction starting on the same day no matter if there was snow days...

but the day can change from school to school, as the rules jsut state how many school days we need to have... (not the day summer start as that state in the general rule)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    TiggerkittyTiggerkitty Posts: 390 Member
    edited May 2014
    @ Shannen
    Don't worry, I didn't think you were being defensive. Was just wanting to make you a bit more confident and proud of your creations :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Tiggerkitty, I know and I really do appreciate all that you have said. I do feel more proud of my creations, thanks to you and everyone else that as complimented my creations.
  • Options
    LizzyBalletLizzyBallet Posts: 3,085 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi everyone! I won't be here a lot today (I'm not normally anyway noowadays :P ), I'm at my grandparents' house and I have to study :roll:

Take care! And tell all the newbies Lizzy says hi and welcome :wink:
  • Options
    TiggerkittyTiggerkitty Posts: 390 Member
    edited May 2014
    @ Lopi
    Congratulations on getting through your first year of college!

@ Lizzy
    Enjoy your time at your grandparents.

@ Shannen
    I'm glad to hear that you do!
  • Options
    PinkLoveJonasPinkLoveJonas Posts: 442 Member
    edited May 2014
    I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

I never share pictures from my game, but lately I've been trying to take a fair amount. I considered sharing some but I haven't decided.

Also, I'm doing a lottery for my birthday! :)
    OriginID: prettypinkpixels

• Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited May 2014
    ::waves at Shannen::

Hello!

New contest & lottery directory
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hello, just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    word of advice

I seen a few people post their emails latly.
    DO NOT DO THAT

why?

well first it is against the tos ad can get you in truble...
    and well thats all the reason

if you need email contact do the following.
    1) creat an email just for that, could be your username and then a gmail, DON'T use the same ase you registred with and log in with, and DON'T use your privat email.

2) post it in your about me on your my page, make sure to state it is a simming contact email or something similare in wording, that way you can awoid gettign in truble with moderators.

If you look at threads like the flashmob thats how they do it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @Anette: The reason why we have make up days in the summer is because here, the kids are supposed to go to school for no less than 180 days. That can't happen if you have days off because of weather unless they make it up somehow.

@Tiggerkitty: Thank you. :)
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Lopi we have a minimum and maximum rule to.... but plan around it... so say the minimum was 180 days like yours... and the normal closed do to weather would be 5 days... the school year would just be 185 days....

in some ways it is nice you just get that extra day... becouse as both teacher and child I had the expereins that somethigns had to go faster becouse of a closed day (but more often do to teacher being sick and subs not doing anything produktive with the kids)

in other ways both as a kid and teacher (and if I had kids) I would hate not knowing when school was of....
    also how does that work with examinations? here they allways on set days (the written ones) so all kids of same age have them at the same time... the spoken are over a perioede...

any way interesting how it is difrent around the world
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Shannen wrote:
    Hello, just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone.

Hi! Hope you're having a nice week!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Thankyou, I hope you are as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @Anette: Normally, the individual teachers set the dates of when test and quizzes are held but for midterms and finals where I live (this is for high school since I can't remember how junior high goes about doing this, plus - for at least where I am - there aren't any spoken tests) there are set weeks when they are held and in that week the classes have an assigned day. So for example, the first period class and the third period class everyday or every other odd day, you will have a midterm/final on Monday, Tuesday would be for the second and fourth period class, and then Wednesday would be for every other even days classes.

Example::

Schedule:

Period 1 - Math (Monday midterm/final)
    Period 2 - English (Tuesday midterm/final)
    Period 3 Day 1 - Gym (Monday midterm/final)
    Period 3 Day 2 - Health (Wednesday midterm/final)
    Period 4 - Social Studies (Tuesday midterm/final)
    *Hope that helps make it better to understand.

Not everyone has an every other day class though so some people only have two days for midterms/finals and not every class has a midterm (the teachers get to decide whether to give one or not)

Those dates, as far as I know, are set in stone unless there's a cancellation on one of the days. So say if Monday was cancelled due to excessive snow fall or dangerous icing of the roads, then everything gets pushed. Monday's midterms/finals would be Tuesday, Tuesday's for Wednesday, and so on.

I hope that makes sense. It can be quite confusing if you aren't/haven't going/gone through it yourself.

Personally, I like the way yours sounds. Feels like a lot less guessing on when things are being held and taking place.
    k55mmxl
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @Lopi

I see

yea we have a lot less guessing

national test is on set day and time

the written danish will be from 9 am to 1 pm on a goverment set day... then all 9th graders do it at that time... with the same test paper.
    same for math... (an other day)

in between the tests the students have the days of (some teachers/schools makes study days where you can/have to go) it is called study break.... so you are ment to study...

then the school stets the date for the spoken .... but not alone... they do it with the national team... as there have to be a teacher there that is not fromt he school.... the spoken for 1 class often take 2-3 days (for each subject)..... in may/april the students gets told when they have the tests.... and then the teacher decide who have it when during the days for the test....

it is nice and structured......

this is how it was for me in grade 9 and 10 (lower grades do have some national tests but not on this level and they more random... and planed by the teacher using normal school days)
    and in highschool (well what would be similare.... even was basically the same for me at teacher college..... I think it is also similare at uni

nice that it is almost the same all the way.... you know how it work then....

as the test in grade 9 and 10 don't count much we usally say they are to learn to go to a test... thats the important part of them.

• Options
    hyegalhyegal Posts: 238 Member
    edited May 2014
    I've been hanging around for a few weeks, and it just occurred to me that maybe I should say hi. I'm hyegal, and I don't remember how I came up with that name. I pronounce it hYAY-gəl (speaking from standard American English), but you can pronounce it however you like.

I came here indirectly. I started a thread in the Store forum, and some extremely kind people gifted me several items. I was overwhelmed by their generosity, which was such an amazing feeling that I want to help spread it around. I subsist mostly on sponsored ads, but I don't do too badly for myself.

When I'm not simming, I'm a student. I've been focusing on networking, but I'm fascinated by most things having to do with computers and logic. I built a database to help me clean my wishlist because I like building databases. (4th and incidentally 5th normalized form, of course.)

I also like languages. I'm currently working on basic Brazilian Portuguese. I'm afraid my pronunciation is atrocious.

As far as The Sims goes, I love to decorate. I'm unfortunately not a likely contest participant because I rely so much on user-created CC and mods that I get really flummoxed without them. It's probably funny to watch. I know a lot of other people don't want that stuff in their games, so I probably won't be uploading much.

I would like to be more involved in the community here in other ways, though. I've had such a good time so far, and everyone has been so incredibly nice to me.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited May 2014
    :D

Hi everybody. I'm just coming back to see how everybody is doing? I'm doing well and I want to say hi again. :)
    :) Smile!

• Options
    LizzyBalletLizzyBallet Posts: 3,085 Member
    edited May 2014
    @ hyegal

Hi, it's nice to meet you! I'm glad you're liking GG so far! :D If you need any help feel free to ask here :wink:

@ Puddinroy

Hi! Have we met? I feel like I recognise your name, but now I'm doubting myself.. :lol: :oops:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @hyegal Welcome to the forums! :)

@Puddinroy Hello, welcome back! I don't think we've ever met!
    Shannen wrote:
    Thankyou, I hope you are as well.

I am, thank you!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Hi all, just checking in with you all. I hope you are all well. Nice to meet all new new members and any returning members :)