May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hi, My Name Is...The Landing Pad

Comments

• Options
    lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited May 2014
    @anettesb: Is the spoken exams one on one or in front of a group? I don't think I would like it very much if it was in front of a group because I get nervous and then stumble over my words and you can hear my voice shaking sometimes. :?

@hyegal: Welcome, it's nice to meet you. I used to rely on CC until it started messing with my game then I stopped. It's almost like you get addicted to it and then it's hard to stop and when you do, it's hard not to give in and get a few things. It was definitely hard the first few months of playing and I would go onto CC websites just to torture myself. Now I just stir clear of them.

CCA (Custom Content Anonymous)

Hi, I'm Lopithecus, and I was addicted to CC. I've been clean now for about a year. It was hard at first and I used to go onto a lot of sites to look at what they had to offer but I kept reminding myself I, personally, was better off without any CC. Now it's not so hard and I try not to go onto sites like that anymore.

^Note: My humor is weird. :XD:

@Puddinroy: Hi, I'm sorry but I don't remember meeting you. It's the same as Lizzy. I feel like I know your name but I'm not quite sure. :?

@Shannen: I'm doing well, thank you. How are you? :)
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi all

@Lopi
    it depends... well it is never infront of a group but it is either
    you + your teacher and the outside teacher (then you draw a question gets some time to prepare alen and go in to the teacher... it is often 20 minut prepare 20 minuts in)
    or
    you and your groupe + teacher and out side teacher (then you made a asignemtn before hand and is telling the teachers about it as a group, this can some times be done alone to)

I like the spoken exsaminations (ok have disliked 2 becouse I had bad teachers... and 2 others becouse I stink at german, was just happ to get it over and done)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited May 2014
    lopithecus wrote:
    @anettesb: Is the spoken exams one on one or in front of a group? I don't think I would like it very much if it was in front of a group because I get nervous and then stumble over my words and you can hear my voice shaking sometimes. :?

@hyegal: Welcome, it's nice to meet you. I used to rely on CC until it started messing with my game then I stopped. It's almost like you get addicted to it and then it's hard to stop and when you do, it's hard not to give in and get a few things. It was definitely hard the first few months of playing and I would go onto CC websites just to torture myself. Now I just stir clear of them.

CCA (Custom Content Anonymous)

Hi, I'm Lopithecus, and I was addicted to CC. I've been clean now for about a year. It was hard at first and I used to go onto a lot of sites to look at what they had to offer but I kept reminding myself I, personally, was better off without any CC. Now it's not so hard and I try not to go onto sites like that anymore.

^Note: My humor is weird. :XD:

@Puddinroy: Hi, I'm sorry but I don't remember meeting you. It's the same as Lizzy. I feel like I know your name but I'm not quite sure. :?

@Shannen: I'm doing well, thank you. How are you? :)

Hello Lopithecus and all. I hope everybody is doing well.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    @Anette: I see. I still don't think I would like it since I hate presentations all together. :| We normally just have projects throughout the semester/year that we present to the class and that's bad enough (especially in a foreign language that you're not very good at, like Spanish for me). Maybe if it was just in front of the teacher, it would be better, but I just hate presentations in general. :?

@Puddinroy: I'm doing well, thank you. How are you?
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @Lopi we have them durign school year to....
    some are jsut best at spoken some written.... so I like that many subjects have both..... it is difrent elemetn sof the subject...
    in reality all subjects schould let you be evaluated/tested on the following:
    - work etics and every day work effort
    - a pop quize kind of area (basic knowleged)
    - written (putting it in perspectiv)
    - spoken (same as written but you speak)
    and both every day and examination schould count....

THEN you get a more fair picture of the students ability in that subject....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @Anette: Okay, I see. I still don't know how I would feel about it but that's only because I get extremely nervous in front of people. So even if I knew I had everything right, I would be nauseous with nervousness. :?

The rest sounds pretty much the same from where I am.
    k55mmxl
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Lopi it is no fun getting that nervouse

we do have year grades... then test rades... the thing I wrot abouw is how I wanted it to be... equeal it isn't here.
  • Options
    PinkLoveJonasPinkLoveJonas Posts: 442 Member
    edited May 2014
    @Puddinroy Thank you, I'm well.

@anettesb & @lopithecus I briefly read some of your conversation about school. I'm obviously out of school Tests would stress me out. And I strongly disliked the mandatory speech class we had to take. I talk a lot but I'm not good at public speaking.

I hope those that have exams approaching do well.
    OriginID: prettypinkpixels

• Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi everyone! I'm still fairly new here and just happened to come across this introduction thread. I've looked for one in other areas of the forums before but with no luck, unless I've missed something.

Anyways, my name is Danielle, you can call me by my name or username, whichever you prefer. You all seem like a nice group of people here and I'm looking forward to meeting you and posting with you all.
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @PinkLoveJonas
    yea the tests is 1 thing I don't miss about school (among others but I was in a bad school... with bad class mates)
    I was a teacher until I got sick... and I didn't do much testing (I belive they stressfull) sure some was needed... sure I needed to look and figure out the kids level in difrent areas... and yes they needed to learn to be tested and speak in public to some extend... and writt... but some schools/countries/subjects/teacher drive it to far
    I likede my "testing" to be looking at how they worked and their results in everyday asignments.... trying to make them look at tests as nothing much difrent from that - considering my oldes students left with a C or better.... some staning to an F before I got them... and C in Denmark being considered the good ok and solid grade (to get a grade abow C you have to do abow expected)...... I say I did fine

@KittyKat8103
    welcome... I don't think other areas have a welcoming pad.... we fought long and hard to get this stickyed to the top.... the fight included chatting this up to the top 5 posts all the time... that was actually fun... allways haveing to find new subjectst, a reall cumunity work.

What do you like to do in game?
    have you played for a long time?

I hope to see you around takeing part in games.

if you got any questions this is allways a great thread to ask in... there will almost allways be an ansvere (or guide to where you can get 1) in less than 24 hours.
    Remember to check out the guide and advice onge page 1 of this thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @anettesb Thank you! Yeah it seems a bit odd that there isn't one at least in the general forum area. That's crazy, but sounds like it was fun though! I bet you guys got to know each other real quick huh lol.

I've been a Sims fan since Sims 1, I played it all the time, but when I got Sims 2 I didn't get much gameplay in cause my computer I had at the time... well, sucked lol. So I kind of just gave up on it for quite a long time, plus got busy with other things. I finally decided to get Sims 3 this last December. I haven't actually got much gameplay in just yet. I've made a bunch of sims and have started working on some of the worlds. I'm excited to get some playing in though, I already got a bunch of the EPs and SPs, I have SO many ideas, it's almost overwhelming lol.

Thanks for the tips! :)

EDIT: I do love to make sims and build houses.
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @KittyKat8103
    we did get to know wach other better... but many of us was use to chatting togetter already

oh I never played sims 1 or 2 ... but I love my sims 3.

I know it is owerwelming... so much I havn't done yet
  • Options
    LizzyBalletLizzyBallet Posts: 3,085 Member
    edited May 2014
    @ KittyKat8103

Hi and welcome to the forums! You might like to take part in a contest, you get to meet nice people, you can win something and feedback can help you improve for next time :D Don't be too shy or scared, GG is a very friendly place! :wink:
  • Options
    TiggerkittyTiggerkitty Posts: 390 Member
    edited May 2014
    Just wanted to say welcome to the new people I have missed out on the past days! Hope you all have a good time on the forums, join in on some challenges/lotteries and make some friends :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the welcome guys! :)

I've already entered one lottery, and I've seen some challenges I'd love to take part in, but at the moment I can't play. I had ordered a new computer and the wrong one was sent to me. So now I have to wait for the correct one. I had already uninstalled my games on this computer and I don't want to reinstall them all, just to have to do it all over again lol. The games play fine on this one, I've just been overdue for another new updated one.
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    KittyKat8103

ah beign with out sims is not fun, I hope your pc gets there soon.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @ KittyKat
    That's no fun at all, hope you got your new computer by now or at least will do really soon!
  • Options
    AmaltheaCylusAmaltheaCylus Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    -waves- I've been a long time simmer and lurker, but have finally decided to join the crowd. :3 I've been simming since the original The Sims, and distinctly remember refusing to play both the Sims 2, and then the Sims 3 at first because they were so different. Now I just wish I had a computer that could handle having all three installed at once, haha!
  • Options
    LizzyBalletLizzyBallet Posts: 3,085 Member
    edited June 2014
    -waves- I've been a long time simmer and lurker, but have finally decided to join the crowd. :3 I've been simming since the original The Sims, and distinctly remember refusing to play both the Sims 2, and then the Sims 3 at first because they were so different. Now I just wish I had a computer that could handle having all three installed at once, haha!

Hi! It's nice to meet you :D I was a lurker for such a long time :lol: I hope you feel right at home in the forums :wink: If you need any help, this thread is a great place to ask :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Welcome to the forums Amalthea! Hope you enjoy yourself on here. There's plenty of contests and lotteries around to keep you occupied, challenged and meet some friends!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @ KittyKat
    That's no fun at all, hope you got your new computer by now or at least will do really soon!

Thank you Tiggerkitty, I did just get it yesterday! :)

Now I've got the task of installing all my stuff on here lol
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hello all, its been a little while since I last posted but I just wanted to say hello and say that I have not forgot any of you or the thread that got me out into the community. I hope you all are well :)

lopithecus, Yeah I am good, thankyou. I hope you are good, also. :)

Kittykat8130, I'm not sure if I have say hello to you before so if not, hello and welcome. :)

AmaltheaCylus, Hello, welcome. I too was a lurker for a while on the forums but I am so glad to be apart of such a brilliant community and I hope that soon, you will be able to say the same.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    @ KittyKat
    I'm glad you finally got it! It's no fun having to install everything again, but at least when it's done you get to enjoy your sims again!

@ Shannen
    Welcome back! I'm doing well thanks, how about you?
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    edited June 2014
    Tiggerkitty, Thanks. I am great :) I hope that you week as been good so far.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hey guys, I'm not dead. Gosh it's been like, at least two to three weeks since I've been on here. :shock:

I've had quite a bad relapse in my depression and I've been trying to distract myself the best I can (even though all I want to do is lie in bed all day). Forcing yourself to get up is key. Problem is, I really don't have any motivation to do anything so it's hard to find something to distract me... :?

Eh, enough about me, hello to everyone new that I have not met since the last I talked. I hope everyone is doing well and having a great day. Summer is almost here though it feels like it's already come if the heat is any indication.

Oh, and my oldest cousin is graduating from high school this Friday. Where has the time gone? Kind of wish I was a little kid again, back before certain things happened to make me feel this way. But, I do feel proud of my cousin nonetheless. After him there's only one more cousin to graduate (which he'll graduate high school the same year I graduate college).

How'd it come back to me? .... I'm rambling, that's how. :XD:

Anyways, seriously, I really hope everyone is doing well. I'm in a thankful mood (because I just got done writing a thank you message to a certain someone whom someone else is going to compile a bunch of messages to this person of why we, as fans, think he's awesome, and then give it to him in September when she sees him... getting back on track now) so I want to thank all of you so very much for being my friends. With my only real life friend no longer living close by, it can get quite lonely and though I might not be on all the time, I like to think you're still my friends. So thank you so very much. :mrgreen:

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IpZu20Tt1Jk/UeUPtdBtiaI/AAAAAAAAG2E/XaJhJ4b_2Sk/s1600/Just+another+day.jpg "width=600"[/img]

friends-thankyou-2.jpg
    k55mmxl