May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hi, My Name Is...The Landing Pad

Comments

• Options
    TiggerkittyTiggerkitty Posts: 390 Member
    edited June 2014
    Lopi I am sorry to hear you've been going through a bad relapse again. Hope you will start feeling better soon!
    Do you still have some books laying around to keep yourself distracted with?

I'm happy to see you post on here again, as at least that means you got out of your relapse far enough again to get up and show us you're still breathing, no matter how hard it may have been to do so. Wish I could make you feel better!!

hugs_046.jpg
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    edited June 2014
    Shannen wrote:

Kittykat8130, I'm not sure if I have say hello to you before so if not, hello and welcome. :)

Thank you Shannen! :)

@ KittyKat
    I'm glad you finally got it! It's no fun having to install everything again, but at least when it's done you get to enjoy your sims again!

Yes! But now there's that downloading problem on Origin. Most of my EP/SP's I have on disc, only three are digital, so at least I can play a new game in the meantime while that gets sorted out. If it's not one thing it's another right? lol
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi everyone!

I started playing Sims 1 many years ago on console. I stayed up until 2am that first night, playing ... I was instantly hooked! Eventually I got Sims 2, and I was impressed by all the improvements. Now in 2014 (a couple months ago) I started playing Sims 3. I love, love, love it!

I am pretty shy, so it's a big deal for me to "come out of the shadows" and introduce myself. I am a quiet person who loves the game and wants to share my love of the game with other people. I have been reading through the FAQ and rules for this forum today. Everyone seems very nice.

So that's it! Nice to meet you all! :)
  • Options
    TiggerkittyTiggerkitty Posts: 390 Member
    edited June 2014
    @ KittyKat
    Good luck getting it all sorted out! Hope you have a fun game to keep you entertained while waiting!

@ Candysims
    Welcome out of lurking! Hope you enjoy yourself on the forums and make a lot of friends! A lot of people start out shy on here, but with the amazing community that we have on here, I am sure that won't last long! There's plenty of challenges and lotteries around to join in on and chat around if you like. There's always someone around if you have a question or just need a listening ear. Have fun!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you Tigerkitty! You made me smile. :-)
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hello, just catching up. :)

Hi lopithecus, I'm sorry that you have had a relapse with the depression, relapses are rather upsetting when they happen but I am glad that you tried to focus on something to distract you. I hope you feel better soon. *hugs*

KittyKat8103, your welcome. I hope you are enjoying the forum. :)

Candysims14, we spoke in a thread earlier but I wanted to comment and say hello and welcome. I'm rather shy as well although I may not see it, I am. I was a nervous wreck when I first started speaking on the forums but I find it much easier now and hopefully you will feel the same soon as well. Tiggerkitty probably remember how shy I was.. :oops:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Shannen wrote:
    Candysims14, we spoke in a thread earlier but I wanted to comment and say hello and welcome. I'm rather shy as well although I may not see it, I am. I was a nervous wreck when I first started speaking on the forums but I find it much easier now and hopefully you will feel the same soon as well. Tiggerkitty probably remember how shy I was.. :oops:

Yeah, I'm not on Facebook or Twitter or anything, so this is a first for me. I hope I don't embarrass myself. HaHa.
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't use them either so it's all good. Hmm as for embarrassing yourself, I do that daily and nobody picks me out over it. So I'm sure that if you do actually make a mistake, don't feel too bad..just know that you are not the only one. ;)
  • Options
    LizzyBalletLizzyBallet Posts: 3,085 Member
    edited June 2014
    @ KittyKat8103

I'm joining you in the task of reinstalling. I got my birthday present early, a laptop! Installing takes so long! :roll:

@ Shannen

Hi :D I'm doing good thanks! (Exams are finished, yay!) How are you?

@ Tigger

Hi! How are you? :D

@ lopi

Aww, you are welcome! Thank you for being my friend aswell! *hugs*

How about a good book for a distraction like Tigger suggested? :wink: I hope you feel better soon, stay strong!

@ CandySims14

Welcome to the forums and it's nice to meet you too!

A few of us here were quite shy when we first introduced ourselves so we know the feeling. :-)

I hope you enjoy the forums (especially GG as it is my favourite!), there are lots of nice people to meet and make friends with :D

• Options
    coreyjeannoahpatcoreyjeannoahpat Posts: 345 Member
    edited June 2014
    lopithecus wrote:
    Hey guys, I'm not dead. Gosh it's been like, at least two to three weeks since I've been on here. :shock:

I've had quite a bad relapse in my depression and I've been trying to distract myself the best I can (even though all I want to do is lie in bed all day). Forcing yourself to get up is key. Problem is, I really don't have any motivation to do anything so it's hard to find something to distract me... :?

Well, lopi, pretty much ditto all that ^^^^^ And now that I'm feeling better, I have other issues to contend with, namely my brother. It's too much to retype, but you can read my current status on my page if you feel so inclined. That goes for everybody else, too. :?

Edit: spelling, etc.
    “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart”
    --Eleanor Roosevelt

“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”
  • Options
    lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hey guys, thanks for the well wishes. I'm feeling a bit better now. Once and a while I'll still have that heavy feeling in my chest and the urge to cry for no reason at all but it's getting better again. I have no idea what brought it on since before the relapse I was doing pretty well. Maybe stress. I hope this feeling of not feeling depressed lasts longer than before but, alas, it's the story of my life.

I am currently reading a book but I haven't picked it up in weeks. I think I'll start reading it again (I like to read one or two chapters before going to bed).

@corey: I'm sorry you had a relapse too but am so glad you're feeling better now. It's really awful when you think you're feeling better when all of a sudden it just comes crashing back out of the blue. I've missed what you wrote on your status but whatever it was, I'm sorry you have to go through it. I hope it gets better for you soon.

h20ED4CB4
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • Options
    eatikeatik Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Hello, new to this forum. I'm eatik, I play Sims 3...

Right now I'm playing a Random Legacy Challenge. This is my third attempt, I think. This time I'm trying really hard not to lose interest before I get to the end. Generation 7 just aged up to teen. Even so, I caved a little and started working on a founder for another legacy. Actually I should work on a new avatar... should I go with a simself or a blue alien?

So greetings, gifters. I'll try to get involved here!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hi Eatik!

Welcome to the forums. :)

I'm a strong believer that you should make your own decision on your avatar. Only you know what best represents you! :mrgreen:

Hope to talk to you again soon.

Candy
  • Options
    AngryMikoAngryMiko Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    Hi...i'm new to the forums...not so new in sims world...just bought the sims 3 though...
    Just wanna looking for friend and experience the whole game...:)
  • Options
    suicidalcheetossuicidalcheetos Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2014
    Prepare ye self for the wall of text!

Hello everyone, decided to finally introduce myself.
    Don't really wanna say "I'm new to the forums", because I'm not I just haven't started posting until recently.
    ((I'm a has been stalker)) :lol:
    I've been playing The Sims series for, I guess, 14 years now.
    I was just a little kid when I started playing "The Sims" so I never interacted in the forums, if they even had them back then.
    Then in TS2 I participated more in "Modthesims" forums than EA's forums, because I was a heavy cc user/creator.
    TS3 didn't work for me when it first launched so I returned it, and bought it again a year or two later.
    Then I just proceeded to stalk the forums and not post.
    I decided to start posting recently, because I saw people having so much fun with contests and I wanted to participate in the joyousness. :shock:

I'm finally getting settled in and heading to the part of the forums I also use "Technical support".
    I don't know why, but I like helping people solve issues they're having with a site, a mod, CC, or a bug in the game.
    It's a weird habbit of mine.

Stuff you might want to know about me:
    I'm currently in college to become a pharmacy technician, just a placeholder job until I finish up my other classes so I can head into medical research.
    Fun tidbit- I have a bunch of useless knowledge when it comes to animals!
    ((I wanted to be a vet when I was younger))
    If you get to know me well you will see the insanely random side of me.
    I get distracted by the weirdest things like looking up diseases, veterinary videos, snakes fighting on youtube, and cuddly kittens playing with eachother.
    I'm a total mmorpg nerd, also I love horror and puzzle games! :wink:
    I am a natural blonde, and to answer your question, yes I do occasionally get "Blonde Moments", also known as "Derp Mode". :lol:

Erm...I think that's everything. :XD: See you all in the forums!
    These are probably the best resources/threads for beginners.
    Daily Deal Thread - D&D Spreadsheet - The Gifting Directory
    Reinstall Store Stuff: No Repeats or Disappearing - Nraas Mods to Fix Your Game
    ~Ctrl + F to open up search bar for D&D Spreadsheet~
  • Options
    LizzyBalletLizzyBallet Posts: 3,085 Member
    edited June 2014
    @ coreyjean

Do you have anything new about your brother? I really hope the situation becomes better!

@ eatik

Hi and it is nice to meet you!

I started a sort of legacy challenge long ago- I didn't even get past the first generation :lol: :oops: Yup! I have no patience!

Good luck for your legacy! You have come far, try to get to the 10th generation! :D

@ AngryMiko

Hi! It's nice to meet you! :D What is your favourite part of the game so far?

@ suicidalcheetos

Hi and welcome to posting in the forums! :D It's scary to post at the start, but the scariness won't last long :wink:

And yes, contests are fun! Good luck if you have entered in some!

I can already see the randomness in your facts :lol: Random people are fun to be friends with, always something unexpected! :P

I hope you feel right at home in the forums and you will make some friends soon! :D
  • Options
    eatikeatik Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Candy and Lizzy. How do you like my avatar? I made a brand-new simself.

Hi fellow new people!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hi Eatik! :)

I do like your avatar! I've been too lazy to make a custom one for myself. <sigh> Nice work!

I hope you have fun here. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    suicidalcheetossuicidalcheetos Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2014
    @Lizzy: Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Yes contests are very fun, I think I've participated in 3 so far.
    This forum has definitely given me something fun and productive to do while I'm waiting for sets to go on sale.
    So even if I don't win anything from contests, not being forever bored is a bonus. :lol:
    The build contests in here, omg, the photos have given me such wondrous build ideas as well. :shock:

@Eatik: Hello to you as well. ^^
    Just Noticed your previous post.
    I have difficulty with legacies as well, but not for the reason you would think.
    I find it difficult to follow the aging rule in legacy challenges, because I usually want my sim's young adult, and adult, life state to last around 30-40 days instead of 21 days.
    Otherwise I will definitely get bored of the legacy challenge, since I'll feel like I have no time to do anything with my adult sims except for finding a mate and having kids.
    These are probably the best resources/threads for beginners.
    Daily Deal Thread - D&D Spreadsheet - The Gifting Directory
    Reinstall Store Stuff: No Repeats or Disappearing - Nraas Mods to Fix Your Game
    ~Ctrl + F to open up search bar for D&D Spreadsheet~
  • Options
    SpiritwyndWahyaSpiritwyndWahya Posts: 14
    edited June 2014
    Ello All,

Guess I need to introduce myself. I'm Aloiene. I am very new to Sims. I bought Sims 3 recently, and finally got it downloaded. I also bought the Dragon Valley world as well. So far I'm liking it, but still learning everything. I look forward to meeting new people as well!
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    just dropping by to say welcome to all the new faces

I hope you will enjoy it here

edit:

I to find normal age a little to short.... so I took the math way

if 3 days = prenacy then it = 9 months
    then 1 day = 3 months
    then 4 days = 1 year

and then I used excel to calculate how long I wanted the difrent ages... bassed on what age I thoguht they cover.... and the normal life span in Denmark... setting my lifespan just over double the normale 90 days... and I don't care my legacy is for fun.. the game is for fun.. even if the challeng say play on normal, adjust it to fit your game play.
    I even use the reality mod.. so times go a little slower - now my kids can get up at 7am get dressed - go to the toilet and grab a quickemeal/left overs... and catch the bus at 8am ..... before they would have to get up at 6 just to do that... thats not realistic.... if they want to do more they still get up before 7....
    those 2 things (+ a few other mods and playing mainly wishary style) makes my game so much more fun for me... and after all thats what it is about... us haveign fun in each our game
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    KristinUTVolsKristinUTVols Posts: 55
    edited June 2014
    I'm Kristin.. I used to be on this fourm but life got in the way I haven't been able to play sims much but it going back on the computer and can't wait to start playing again tonight
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    edited June 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    just dropping by to say welcome to all the new faces

I hope you will enjoy it here

edit:

I to find normal age a little to short.... so I took the math way

if 3 days = prenacy then it = 9 months
    then 1 day = 3 months
    then 4 days = 1 year

and then I used excel to calculate how long I wanted the difrent ages... bassed on what age I thoguht they cover.... and the normal life span in Denmark... setting my lifespan just over double the normale 90 days... and I don't care my legacy is for fun.. the game is for fun.. even if the challeng say play on normal, adjust it to fit your game play.
    I even use the reality mod.. so times go a little slower - now my kids can get up at 7am get dressed - go to the toilet and grab a quickemeal/left overs... and catch the bus at 8am ..... before they would have to get up at 6 just to do that... thats not realistic.... if they want to do more they still get up before 7....
    those 2 things (+ a few other mods and playing mainly wishary style) makes my game so much more fun for me... and after all thats what it is about... us haveign fun in each our game

First of all, I want to say hi to everyone as I'm new to this forum! *Waves* Normally, you can find me over at the Store Forums, speculating about upcoming sets and such :) Those who want to be friends with me... let's chat! I generally don't friend right off the bat. I like to know a little bit about you first, and you are free to ask me a few things about myself. My profile and friends list is set to private, as I've had problems in the past with some people, and I find it best to just keep it on that setting. So please feel free to interact with me on here.

@ anettesb: That sounds like a REALLY cool version of the legacy challenge! Please explain the mod you use? I'm not really understanding that, but I DO like my game as realistic as possible :)
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    edited June 2014
    *deleted* Double post :roll:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    tinydancer80

hmm I user a lot of Nrass (sp and mc and relativity as base) then what ever I feel makes my game work.... + a no zombie mod from ?

I can't really call it a legacy challeng (the rules I follow are only my rules)

this is my basic consept for my playing...
    Playing with an idea

When I get back to my legacy, which I will still play even when not writing I will:
    Play in wishary style.
    Not completely wishary because, I will push bed times, push breakfast and dinner eating as a family + the ocational shower and toilet.
    I will also push activities related to their LTW even if they don’t have wishes for it.
    Sometimes push activities logical for that sim (or for their parent to tell them to do) depending on their traits and non locked wishes.

As an added bonus and challenge for me, I will set a badged goal for each sim and push them now and then towards it. I will try and find badgeds for kids and up, but they get 1 marked down atleast as YA (if I can) I will only set them a goal badged if there is any one fitting them and my almost no supernatural gameplay.

I will send the family to the festival 1 time every season and get a family picture and share it, maybe do it on big events at other building to, like graduation send the graduating sim and parents to city hall.

This way the badgedes and shared photos will still update the legacy a little.

The family will take on family traveles about 1 time a year… sometimes more often, I try to plan it around the holyday or a weekend. The detination will depend on the sims

I can share the age spreadset... but it is in danish... partly and lots of numbers...
    but doing the math isn't that hard

I saif baby 3 days (then they do a lot in real life when they 9 months and it is enough time for the doll to arive)
    toddler 15 days
    child 27 days
    teen 30 days

that for kids and teens makes it posible to enjoy the generation items...

YA 40 and adult 60 days
    elder 25

I did the same math for the animals

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳