Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hi, My Name Is...The Landing Pad

Comments

• Options
    AngryMikoAngryMiko Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    @ Lizzyballet

lol...i'm into all the gardening and fishing..and collectibles...just bought all expansion except for ITF and showtime...crazy steam sale!!!

Next i think i'm going to revive the landgraab family...now queenie landgraab is the enemy of her own daughter...:)

little bit about myself
    I'm still a student in a local university...*sigh*
    cant wait for holidays..

thanks all...for nice introduction...guess see u in forums..
    still..i think its not quite late for Sims 3 although Sims 4 is around the corner..:)
  • Options
    LizzyBalletLizzyBallet Posts: 3,085 Member
    edited June 2014
    @ eatik

Your avi is pretty! :D I have to make a new one for myself, I made 1 but it won't upload :?

@ suicidalcheetos

I know right?! Some people here are so creative! Then I want to try what they did, but I usually forget :lol:

I like looking at all the entries, it's interesting how people can enter the same thing and have such different entries. Especially when they have to use a given house and decorate it.

Another good place to get ideas from is in Creative Corner :wink:

@ Aloiene

Hi and it is nice to meet you! What is your favourite thing to do in the game so far? :)

@ Kristin

Welcome back to the forums! :) What do you like to do in game?

@ tinydancer08

Hi! :D

I don't send friend requests either unless I have chatted to the person :)

Don't worry about the double post, this thread doesn't show the 1st post on the new page until a 2nd post is posted. Some of us like to have some fun with it, like pretending we are using magic to make the post appear. :lol:

@ AngryMiko

Fishing and gardening is nice, sims can do it as a hobby or job, so it is quite useful :)
  • Options
    suicidalcheetossuicidalcheetos Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2014
    @TinyDancer: Welcome to this forum!
    Ugh, that's upsetting to hear you've had problems with people on your profile.
    You'd think your profile would be a safe zone.
    Well, I guess it kinda is now. xD
    I hope you have fun in this forum while you're here! :mrgreen:

@Anette: That's an interesting mod you have, reminds me of the slow down time song in Zelda Majora's mask.
    I tried to make the YA and up ages realistic to England's medieval period.
    I usually set my YA and adults to 30-35 days each.
    Then I make my elders 1-10 days.
    Can't have tons of elders running around, since a large amount of the world is peasant status.
    Peasants aren't supposed to live that long. D:

@Lizzy: Oh believe me I've been hitting up the creative corner for some building tutorials recently.
    Especially since, it is my goal to create this building in game.
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AaN4g_ck1qU/UBcKMnw5jZI/AAAAAAAAFd0/QhvUBwvbavA/s1600/teapot+gas+station.jpg "width=640" "height=480"[/img]
    Except I'm gonna try to make a slightly larger version and turn the inside into a 1950s diner.
    I'm thinking I'm probably gonna need to go learn how to make CC in the sims 3 though, since I doubt there's decorative objects available in game to create this structure.
    These are probably the best resources/threads for beginners.
    Daily Deal Thread - D&D Spreadsheet - The Gifting Directory
    Reinstall Store Stuff: No Repeats or Disappearing - Nraas Mods to Fix Your Game
    ~Ctrl + F to open up search bar for D&D Spreadsheet~
  • Options
    TiggerkittyTiggerkitty Posts: 390 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh wow! I go on a short holiday and I missed sooo much on this thread... Well, here goes an attempt to catch up with you guys.

@ Candysims
    Glad I could make you smile! Are you still enjoying yourself on the forums?
    And don't worry about not having had much experience on forums, you will figure things out soon enough! Besides, the first post in this threads has lots of tips on what to do and not to do.

@ Shannen
    Haha, yeah, I remember you being shy at the start. But you turned out quite alright since :P Like seeing you around in the different threads in this forum!
    Aaawww, you don't embarrass yourself that much!

@ Lizzy
    I'm doing good thanks! How about you? Did all your exams end well?
    I just had a short holiday to go and visit a friend of mine, so got to rest and explore a bit in Prague and have lots of fun together. Get to spend the weekend with my sims now though!

@ Corey
    I am sorry to hear you've been having a relapse! Hope you are doing much better now and all other problems are (being) solved! I missed the message on your page, but hopefully it's nothing too bad...

@ Lopi
    Good to hear you're feelings are lightening up a bit! Stress can definately make those depressive feelings worse... So I hope things are a bit less stressy for you now. Try and find some fun things to do for yourself (or preferably with a friend that can keep you cheered up a bit), even though it might still be hard to get started on something. You will have fun once you actually started it, whether it's reading that book or going out somewhere. And always remember there's people that love having you around!

@ Eatik
    Welcome to the forums! Hope you are enjoying yourself on here! Oh wow! I never managed to get past generation 3 or 4 (4th generation were kids..) myself... I always get distracted by something else....
    I like your avatar btw!

@ Angrymiko
    Welcome to the forums and sims 3! The forums are a fun place to be around, so finding friends shouldn't be hard at all if you check out the different threads, chat around and enter some lotteries or contests.
    Holidays will start soon though! So then you should have plenty of time to enjoy your new game.

@ Suicidalcheetos
    Welcome to the forums aswell! Judging from your introduction thread you can be quite random indeed, but that's a good thing on these forums, I'm sure you'll fit in just well and might even create some interesting situations here and there!
    I'll remember to find you when I have an issue with my game again!
    And as for the "blonde moments" even us brunettes have them sometimes....

@ Aloiene
    Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your new sims game and the dragon valley world! Meeting people and making friends shouldn't be a problem on these forums, especially if you explore the threads a bit and enter some contests or lotteries! You can always ask questions if you have them, there's so many friendly and helpful people around here!

@ Anette
    I also adapted my sims age stages a bit more to reality and to what I want to be able to let them do during their life stages. With the normal settings they just have to miss out on so much things!

@ Kristin
    I haven't met you before on the forums, but welcome back anyways and nice to meet you! I hope you will enjoy playing again and being on the forums aswell.

@ Tinydancer
    Welcome to this part of the forums! Hope you will enjoy yourself here aswell! This thread is a great place to chat and make friends, but there's lots of friendly and fun people on the other threads aswell, you'll meet plenty of them in the lottery and contest threads. Maybe you'll even find yourself a nice contest to enjoy and challenge yourself.
  • Options
    CelinurCelinur Posts: 8
    edited June 2014
    Hi, my name is Celina and I'm quite new on the Sims forums, but I have been playing Sims for a long time now (started off playing with FreePlay). Well, I'm a 15 year old girl who spends numerous hours playing Sims & decorates her house until it's perfect. Feel free to add me as well! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Welcome to the forums Celina! I hope you enjoy yourself on here as much as you do playing your game. The forums are a great place to find friends who love the game as much as you do, learn new things and enter some contests and lotteries.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Welcome Celinur

and any one I might have missed
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    want to be part of the squeacky clean wish list lottery team?

then come join now

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/750255.page
  • Options
    lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello every one who is new. Welcome to the forums. :)

I've been job hunting, even got two interviews at Wendy's... but after that he never called me back so I don't have the job. -sighs-

How is every one? Good I hope. Anything exciting going on? Nothing really exciting happening for me at this time... except that it's hot (but that's not really exciting).

Anyways, just decided to drop by and say hello. :mrgreen:
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @ suicidalcheetos

That will be so cool! I think you will have to make CC, good luck on learning how to! :D

@ Tigger

I'm doing good too, on holiday! :mrgreen: My exams went pretty well, I'm happy with my marks, finally got to do well in Physics, it really is not my subject :lol:

Your holiday sounds fun! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

@ Celina

Hi and welcome to the forums!

If you are a builder, you might want to enter some contests. They are fun and you can always get some new ideas from other people's builds :)

@ lopi

I am good thanks! How are you?

Enjoy summer! It gets so cold here now :lol:
  • Options
    CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    edited July 2014
    @LizzyBallet
    Sorry, I haven't checked this thread for a while. I'm feeling a little bit more comfortable on the forums, thank you for asking. I really haven't posted that much yet. Shannen shy? Surely you jest. :wink:

@Celinur
    @AngryMiko
    Welcome! I hope you both enjoy yourselves here. Just dive in head first, that's the only way to do it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Lopi

sorry you didn't get the jobs.. hope you get 1 soon

not much going on here in my life...

on the sims site I jsut started hunt 4... so if your board and want to surf studios for houses and housholds... or want to get creative... please join

also started building the new legacy home... it is quite big... going to make a creative thread about it to get feedback as I work on it.... hmm I hope they can afford it... won't be fully furnished with all the hobbies when they move in, but thats ok... they can wish for it and work for it.
  • Options
    asmith1886asmith1886 Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Hi,

My name is April. I have just recently started re-playing the SIms 3. I am currently running on the base game,Generations,Late Night, World Adventures, Island Paradise, and I'm planning on installing Seasons as well. I'm very intrigued by the concept of "gifting" items to your friends. I however, have none and don't really know how to go about getting some. I use to "gift" items when I used to play some various Facebook games, and would do so in this game as well. If anyone would be interested in sending me a friend request or letting me know how to go about getting some friends it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!~

April
  • Options
    suicidalcheetossuicidalcheetos Posts: 315 Member
    edited July 2014
    @asmith1886:
    Greetings April, welcome to the forums! Heehee the simplest way of getting friends is doing what you just did, posting in the forums either in general discussion, or here like you just did, saying you're new and you'd love to make some friends to chat with and gift in game items to (make it very clear you don't mean store items). I've sent you a friend request and you can add me if you want, if you have any questions about the site I wouldn't mind helping you out. ^^
    Again welcome to the forums, and I hope you have a pleasant time here~
    These are probably the best resources/threads for beginners.
    Daily Deal Thread - D&D Spreadsheet - The Gifting Directory
    Reinstall Store Stuff: No Repeats or Disappearing - Nraas Mods to Fix Your Game
    ~Ctrl + F to open up search bar for D&D Spreadsheet~
  • Options
    CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    edited July 2014
    @Cheetos - Hi! *waves* :-)

@April - Hello and nice to meet you! I agree with what Cheetos said. Just start posting and getting to know people. Enter a contest or a lottery. I am pretty new here myself. Feel free to send me a friend request if you want. See you around the forums! :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @ Lopi
    Sorry to hear you didn't get the job, but I'm sure you'll find something else!

@ Lizzy
    Enjoy your holiday! Going to do anything special?
    And grats on your exams! Especially physics!

@ Anette
    Will have a look at your hunt 4 when I finished the current contest I am working on, hunt 4 sounded fun when I read it before!

@ April
    Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a good time on here. Like mentioned before, the best way to get friends on here is to just participate on the forums and chat around, you'll be having plenty of friends soon enough!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @ CandySims14

I'm happy you feel comfortable :D and don't be scared of posting, we don't bite :P

@ April

Hi and it is nice to meet you! :D Like the others said, the best way to make friends is by participating :D Maybe enter a contest or two, it'll give you a chance to meet some new people :wink:

@ Tigger

Thank you!

And as far as I know, we're not doing anything special. It's my birthday in a week, but I don't think we're doing much for that, it's been a little crazy here with my gran in hospital and my grandfather staying here. But it's fine with me, I'm not crazy about parties :lol:

And I have to get a dress for my ball next term! I'm so excited! :D My mom and I are going shopping today to go see what there is :mrgreen:

What have you been up to? :D
  • Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi, my name is Jenny and I've been here a long time but I've been lurking mostly and only active recently. I avoided the forums before because I wasn't playing the Sims for a long time, but I'm here now and very actively simming again.

I have a huuuuge wishlist, and would love to do a gift exchange with some friends, or Secret Santa exchange in December? It wouldn't be a huuuge gift exchange, maybe small items, my wishlist is so big because my budget is so small, haha. ^___^

Anybody who wants me to friend them or be friended please do.
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    strangeseraph

welcome

try to read the first page of this thread

the secret santa (and the like) is not about store gifts, they about home made gifts, creations.
    Beside most here find it rude to ask for store gifts, for that you can post in the threads created for it (you find links on the first page)

Gifts are not a thing you ask for or expect, or something you are entitled to.
    Gifts are given from the heart; to someone you care for or want to show appreciation.
    A gift is given freely without any expectation of reward.
    Gift is an object in any form, that be homemade or bought at the store, gift can be as simple as a smile or a hug.
    This forum is for offering gifts, and thanking people for gifts. This forum was never intended to be a place to come where you would ask in any way, shape or form, others to gift you.

try takeing part in some games and contests, like my treasure hunt (link in siggy)
    here is a list of contests that ritaroxy12 and MizoreYukii keep updated to help us all http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/749413.page

also there is the ads in the store section where you can earn simpoints... if your lucky you can earn enough to a set in 2 weeks....

again welcome

edit:
    I took a look at your wish list it is not only big (thats there is nothing wrong with)
    it is only sets - it is rar to get gifted a set especially from stangers
    the worse part though is that it is full of doubles... same items in more than 1 set... makes it risky that people if they gift you give you items you already have... with CYS it might not affect if you buy it all yourself... but not all sets are on CYS..... and CYS don't work with gifting.
    try takeing a look at this old lottery and you might understand why some of us oldies find that a big issue Squeaky clean Lottery spring 2013: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/676368.page
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention at ALL to ask for gifts, I just thought this was an introduction to the gifts section. I only mentioned my wishlist because I thought thats what the gift exchanges meant, I didn't expect people just to give me things. :/ I like to do gift exchanges and secret santas, I just misunderstood.

Anyways I'm sorry. I wanted to participate but I'm not usually active in the forums or community and I don't tend to make a lot of real, good friends on forums, the kind of friends I'd say I love a lot. I have a lot to learn. :/
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention at ALL to ask for gifts, I just thought this was an introduction to the gifts section. I only mentioned my wishlist because I thought thats what the gift exchanges meant, I didn't expect people just to give me things. :/ I like to do gift exchanges and secret santas, I just misunderstood.

Anyways I'm sorry. I wanted to participate but I'm not usually active in the forums or community and I don't tend to make a lot of real, good friends on forums, the kind of friends I'd say I love a lot. I have a lot to learn. :/

it's alright misunderstanding happens.
    I just wanted to give you an advice before you ended up in the deepwater...

I hope you find it fun here, as I said your welcome and I hope you take part in some games.
  • Options
    leelujackleelujack Posts: 384 Member
    edited July 2014
    @ strangesseraph

Hi jenny my username is leelujack but you can call me leelu :) like you I have been around for a long time and I am a bit of a lurker :oops: I'm trying to shake away the shyness make new friends and participate. I haven't been much of a sharer and my page is pretty bare im sure all that will change when I have lovely people like you to share my stories with.

So I extend a friendly invitation to you and other simmers out there to add me as a friend :mrgreen:

going back to hide in the corner now lol :oops:

4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    hi leelujack

no hidding... come join the games... thats how you make friends...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    leelujack wrote:
    @ strangesseraph

Hi jenny my username is leelujack but you can call me leelu :) like you I have been around for a long time and I am a bit of a lurker :oops: I'm trying to shake away the shyness make new friends and participate. I haven't been much of a sharer and my page is pretty bare im sure all that will change when I have lovely people like you to share my stories with.

So I extend a friendly invitation to you and other simmers out there to add me as a friend :mrgreen:

going back to hide in the corner now lol :oops:

I'm still using one of the default sim avatars. :3 Well, I guess I like it so much I don't change it, but I want to get an avatar of my mermaid sim, if I can figure out how to do it.

And I just friended you. :D
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop