Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course: Building a Modern House--Teacher: WibbleLikeAJelly--Complete Course in Post 1

Comments

• Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited June 2012
    To Wibble:
    What a great class! I am feeling much better now and I read all the lessons. Excellent!

To My Classmates:
    Don't get frustrated! It is pretty standard to run into problems here and there on a build. Just try not to get upset when it won't work out because eventually it WILL! I'm such Professor Wibble will be around to help you get un-stuck! And I am going to nominate myself as his Teaching Assistant and I will try to help if Wib is busy.

Next Lesson Soon!
    oow785m
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited June 2012
    To Wibble:
    What a great class! I am feeling much better now and I read all the lessons. Excellent!

To My Classmates:
    Don't get frustrated! It is pretty standard to run into problems here and there on a build. Just try not to get upset when it won't work out because eventually it WILL! I'm such Professor Wibble will be around to help you get un-stuck! And I am going to nominate myself as his Teaching Assistant and I will try to help if Wib is busy.

Next Lesson Soon!

Don't panic, I'm back!

I love the resourcefulness of this class - just keep going and eventually something will get fixed ;)

If you have a problem that isn't solved, I'll get on it now!

--Wibble :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Fern12w3 wrote:
    my internet keeps dying!
    sorry, but i will not be able to continue the house.

Don't worry about it - you'll be able to continue the course as a self-paced tutorial at a later date.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    xenacullen wrote:
    Register me plzz,
    it doesnt cost anything
    or we have the course online.
    Doest hurt to ask cause thats
    the way I was raised...

Of course you can join Xena! I'd love to see what you've come up with so far :)

--Wibble
  • Options
    priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2012
    I seem to be having problems right here... try as I might, I can't seem to get the back wall lowered. I can only get up to the very back, I cannot manage to get the green to go all the way over. Any suggestions?

Screenshot-2-1.jpg"width=600""height=450"
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    priscapup wrote:
    I seem to be having problems right here... try as I might, I can't seem to get the back wall lowered. I can only get up to the very back, I cannot manage to get the green to go all the way over. Any suggestions?

Screenshot-2-1.jpg"width=600""height=450"

First of all, when using CFE make sure you are above the floor you wish to alter the height of - i.e. it has a grid showing on top. Have you tried that?

• Options
    CraigyBoy2CraigyBoy2 Posts: 992 Member
    edited June 2012
    HOMEWORK:

1) Complete the landscaping around the front of the house and the patio landscaping on the rear, but nothing else!

2) Upload a maximum of 3 pictures showing your progress.

Here’s the twist:

3) Showcase your work so far with the 3 pictures in this thread.

4) I will invite your “classmates” to judge your work so far out of 5 for how successful you think they’ve been. I will be awarding a mark as how well I think they’ve been, so don’t worry if you’re not sure.

5) Judging will finish on Friday, before my next lesson, where the winning entry will be showcased at the start of this thread for the following week.

Good Luck, and Well Done for getting this far!

I’ll be lurking for a few hours in case you have any questions.

When you say landscaping and decorating the patio do you mean the rooftop bit? Yeah? And landscaping as in, plants around the house? So btw, I am finished the first bit! I'm onto the homework! :D
    cropped-bane-of-my-existence-generation-1-header.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Well, that is the 3rd floor, and trying to lower the back wall... but the grid only extends out one square. not sure how to make it extend out the other 2 squares?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    CraigyBoy2 wrote:
    HOMEWORK:

1) Complete the landscaping around the front of the house and the patio landscaping on the rear, but nothing else!

2) Upload a maximum of 3 pictures showing your progress.

Here’s the twist:

3) Showcase your work so far with the 3 pictures in this thread.

4) I will invite your “classmates” to judge your work so far out of 5 for how successful you think they’ve been. I will be awarding a mark as how well I think they’ve been, so don’t worry if you’re not sure.

5) Judging will finish on Friday, before my next lesson, where the winning entry will be showcased at the start of this thread for the following week.

Good Luck, and Well Done for getting this far!

I’ll be lurking for a few hours in case you have any questions.

When you say landscaping and decorating the patio do you mean the rooftop bit? Yeah? And landscaping as in, plants around the house? So btw, I am finished the first bit! I'm onto the homework! :D

No, I mean the area behind the house, almost inside the L-shape. :)

I hope you decide to take part in the showcase!

• Options
    edited June 2012
    priscapup wrote:
    Well, that is the 3rd floor, and trying to lower the back wall... but the grid only extends out one square. not sure how to make it extend out the other 2 squares?

How about this:

Extend the side wall of the house opposite the "extension" so that it touches the end of the raised terrain, then build another storey and level this to the correct height, before dragging from above this lowered wall to the over side of the house, therefore covering the extension and (hopefully) lowering it.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Okay... So do you mean the bit at the bottom of the hill? Like, behind the house? Can I just go wild? With anything? A seating area? Plants? Do I have restrictions?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    CraigyBoy2 wrote:
    Okay... So do you mean the bit at the bottom of the hill? Like, behind the house? Can I just go wild? With anything? A seating area? Plants? Do I have restrictions?

No, I just mean the little patio area. I have plans for the rest of the house, so could you please only touch the patio area and the driveway? Please don't add in any furniture just yet.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Is the patio the roofing area? The top floor? Because thats what I would call a patio!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    CraigyBoy2 wrote:
    Is the patio the roofing area? The top floor? Because thats what I would call a patio!

Sorry, I should have made it clear - the patio is the small area inside the L-shape at the back of the house. I refer to the roof as the Roof Terrace.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    CraigyBoy2 wrote:

Sorry, I should have made it clear - the patio is the small area inside the L-shape at the back of the house. I refer to the roof as the Roof Terrace.

Oh! The bit at the side that is like 1 box along and then it turns the corner? It's kinda underneath the roof terrace railings? The viewing area? Just underneath!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Liam! Double!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    CraigyBoy2 wrote:
    CraigyBoy2 wrote:

Oh! The bit at the side that is like 1 box along and then it turns the corner? It's kinda underneath the roof terrace railings? The viewing area? Just underneath!

The area in the bottom-left of this picture:

Screenshot-264.jpg

It measures 7 across by 3 wide in my version.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Yeah! I thought so! :D But is it the small bit up the side? It's one square wide!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    CraigyBoy2 wrote:
    Yeah! I thought so! :D But is it the small bit up the side? It's one square wide!

You can ignore that if you wish. Learn to develop your judgement and see what looks right :)

--Wibble
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    priscapup wrote:

How about this:

Extend the side wall of the house opposite the "extension" so that it touches the end of the raised terrain, then build another storey and level this to the correct height, before dragging from above this lowered wall to the over side of the house, therefore covering the extension and (hopefully) lowering it.

Ok, I think you just lost me. Here is a pic of what is currently happening.

Screenshot-3-1.jpg"width=600""height=450"

Notice where my grid is stopping? I can only lower a 13 x 13 area, not a 13 x 14 area.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm going to use the bit up the side! If I'm allowed? As I have a little idea I could try out.... But I think I'm just going to put bushes in this entire bit! And flowers! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Perhaps this will help?

Screenshot-3-1.jpg

You can delete this guide wall when you're done - just remember to turn CFE off first!

• Options
    edited June 2012
    CraigyBoy2 wrote:
    I'm going to use the bit up the side! If I'm allowed? As I have a little idea I could try out.... But I think I'm just going to put bushes in this entire bit! And flowers! :D

Go ahead! Just remember, leave any other area completely alone ;)

--Wibble
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Preparing my pictures! Right now! Where shall I post them?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    CraigyBoy2 wrote:
    Preparing my pictures! Right now! Where shall I post them?

You can post up to three in this thread. By default I will be offering my thoughts on your work, but f you don't want me to them please say in your post.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top