Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course: Building a Modern House--Teacher: WibbleLikeAJelly--Complete Course in Post 1

Comments

• mvandemvande Posts: 8,587 Member
    edited July 2012
    This lesson looks really good Wibble. I fail at making modern homes so I will defiantly come here if I ever decided to make one. ;-)
  • originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited July 2012
    Good Lord! I have a lot of catching up to do...Ummmm, Mr. Wibbe? My child ate my Sims disc and so I need a slight extention please? I promise I can catch up and it will be lovely...I'll never let this happen again, I sware!

Seriously Wibble, The course is great and I do plan on doing the work when I have a free moment.
  • EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited July 2012
    That's a big lesson :shock:
    nicely done of course :wink:
    I can't wait to see everyone's homework :D
    oow785m
  • SarademoorSarademoor Posts: 2,851 Member
    edited July 2012
    Yes indeedy! It's interesting to see how approaches can vary from person to person! It's fun to see a glimpse of someone else's building style! :D
    Good work!
  • mwjessica723mwjessica723 Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited July 2012
    Wow, this looks great, Wibble! Very impressed. Sorry I made you late for your own class, btw! :oops: I just know your lesson will help many! :D
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,791 Member
    edited July 2012
    This is really helpful Wibble. Nice work for sure! :)
  • priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited July 2012
    *shakes fist at forums*

I get so frustrated!!! They are just now working for me! Well, I let the grand daughters talk to their daddy on skype, but that was for about 30 minutes... I checked just before that, and still wasn't working. I have tried for 6 hours to build my house... *grumble*

Ok, I'm better now, got that complaining out of the way. Time to build! :mrgreen:
  • WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited July 2012
    priscapup wrote:
    *shakes fist at forums*

I get so frustrated!!! They are just now working for me! Well, I let the grand daughters talk to their daddy on skype, but that was for about 30 minutes... I checked just before that, and still wasn't working. I have tried for 6 hours to build my house... *grumble*

Ok, I'm better now, got that complaining out of the way. Time to build! :mrgreen:

Did you manage to get something done?

--Wibble :)
    edited July 2012
    Did you manage to get something done?

All finished, waiting on the homework now!! Having a great time! :mrgreen:
    edited July 2012
    You will find the homework at this bottom of this post.

Please turn it in no later than next Friday.

--Wibble :D
    edited July 2012
    I've been working on a floor plan, and trying to work stair placement in... like you said, there is a middle story. I have no idea how you get stairs through that middle story. Is there some trick to this placement?
  • CraigyBoy2CraigyBoy2 Posts: 992 Member
    edited July 2012
    OH NO! I thought the next lesson was this Saturday, not last Saturday! Oh well... I'll just have to catch up. I'm going to start tonight :D
    cropped-bane-of-my-existence-generation-1-header.png
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited July 2012
    CraigyBoy2 wrote:
    OH NO! I thought the next lesson was this Saturday, not last Saturday! Oh well... I'll just have to catch up. I'm going to start tonight :D

Don't worry, there is another lesson this Saturday! I will add you to the roster if you wish.
    oow785m
    edited July 2012
    I'm running a bit late in the week for this, SORRY! I got busy with Real Life.

Wibble wants to be more interactive with this lesson. He would like for you to decorate and build with him there as a consultant (if I am understanding him correctly) and he would like you to post your questions (even after the class is over) and he will be willing to answer them.

Post "Register Me!" to register for lesson three.
    oow785m
    edited July 2012
    Oh, Register Me, for sure. Can't stop now! :-)
    edited July 2012
    priscapup wrote:
    Oh, Register Me, for sure. Can't stop now! :-)

DONE! So glad to have you with us, Priscapup!
    oow785m
    edited July 2012
    CraigyBoy2 wrote:

Don't worry, there is another lesson this Saturday! I will add you to the roster if you wish.

Yeah! Of course! Register me. I'll probably have the lesson completed by tomorrow, most likely day but might be night... Is that okay?
    edited July 2012
    priscapup wrote:
    I've been working on a floor plan, and trying to work stair placement in... like you said, there is a middle story. I have no idea how you get stairs through that middle story. Is there some trick to this placement?

You have to turn CFE on, then delete the flooring above where you want the stairs to be, leaving a square at the end for a landing space. Then, draw wall around this and level using CFE. :) Remember to delete the wall and undo to remove the triangles!

edited July 2012
    tumblr_m72kawGhVh1rznla9o1_1280.jpg

Heres my problem. It won't let me turn the top half wall wood, no matter what I do. I tried the shift thing, just CASing it seprately. Everything! What do you suggest? Am I doing it wrong? Please help me!
    edited July 2012
    CraigyBoy2 wrote:

Heres my problem. It won't let me turn the top half wall wood, no matter what I do. I tried the shift thing, just CASing it seprately. Everything! What do you suggest? Am I doing it wrong? Please help me!

Make sure the piece of half-wall that you are trying to CAS isn't on the border edge of the property and the try again. If it still won't work, try rotating the screen (sometimes to your eye it looks as if the curser is right on top of what you are trying to select, but the angle just makes it LOOK that way).

If that still won't work, it could be that your half-wall has gotten borked somehow. Remove and replace it. Try now.

If all else fails save your lot (and I always have at least two saves with slightly different names when I'm building) and exit your game.

Come back into the game and try to CAS your half-wall now.

Good Luck!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    oow785m
    edited July 2012
    CraigyBoy2 wrote:
    CraigyBoy2 wrote:

Yeah! Of course! Register me. I'll probably have the lesson completed by tomorrow, most likely day but might be night... Is that okay?

I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you have done the last lesson before Saturday's class. I will add you to the roster!
    oow785m
    edited July 2012
    You have to turn CFE on, then delete the flooring above where you want the stairs to be, leaving a square at the end for a landing space. Then, draw wall around this and level using CFE. :) Remember to delete the wall and undo to remove the triangles!

I understand... in theory. :-) My leveling does not want to go over the wall, though... it just wants to travel under. I can't build any supports, like before, because everything travels under. Any wise tips?

eta: well, I can level the walls, but I still can't get the stairs to reach through to the second story. Do I place the stairs with CFE on, or off. With it off, they don't reach all the way. With it on, I can't even make them reach up to the half floor! :roll: *grumble*
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LaughingJacksLaughingJacks Posts: 160 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Register Me for three please!!

Wibble: Is the stair placement up to us or is there a certain place they should go? Just want to know before I get too involved in the plan.
    edited July 2012
    Register Me for three please!!

Wibble: Is the stair placement up to us or is there a certain place they should go? Just want to know before I get too involved in the plan.

Done! Welcome back to Zoo U!
    oow785m
    edited July 2012
    Well, at least the outside will look nice. \
    Front view:
    Screenshot-9.jpg"width=640""height=450"

Orange Door (I like orange) :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-10.jpg"width=640""height=450"

Back windows and some sliding doors:
    Screenshot-11.jpg"width=640""height=450"

I have a tentative floorplan, but I just can't get my stairs to place, no matter what I do. I've been consoling myself with freezer bunny treats. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top