Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FIXING Exception Raised Error AND MAYBE OTHER PROBLEMS TOO (PHOTOS PROVIDED)

Comments

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited May 2014
    i have for like 2 hours then it quit unexpectedly and i clicked show details and it gave me a whole lot of writing i dont understand because its like

0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x9077c786 _kernelrpc_mach_port_insert_member_trap + 10
    1 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x9077dacb mach_port_insert_member + 31
    2 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x9449e8e1 __CFRunLoopRun + 1121

And that stuff but i did understand this

Model: iMac7,1, BootROM IM71.007A.B03, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 4 GB, SMC 1.20f4
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro, ATI,RadeonHD2600, PCIe, 256 MB

and

rocess: cider [Cant say]

Identifier: com.transgaming.thesims3ep11
    Version: 1.0. (1.0)
    Code Type: X86 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    User ID: 502

Date/Time: 2014-05-19 18:33:04.672 +1000
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)
    Report Version: 10

Interval Since Last Report: 75498 sec
    Crashes Since Last Report: 1
    Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 15024 sec
    Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 1
    Anonymous UUID:

Sounds like you didn't clear your memory while you played. Cider has a HUGE memory leak and if you don't clear your memory on a regular basis and save your game often (like maybe every half an hour or so) when you do quit the game will crash. I had this happen to me on a regular basis when I first got Sims 3 last year. But patching to at least 1.63, clearing my memory regularly and saving the game has saved me a huge amount of heartache and hair pulling.

So, to clear memory you can follow the steps in BlueBellFlora's thread. It really will help you play the game longer.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/658546.page
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sounds like you didn't clear your memory while you played. Cider has a HUGE memory leak and if you don't clear your memory on a regular basis and save your game often (like maybe every half an hour or so) when you do quit the game will crash. I had this happen to me on a regular basis when I first got Sims 3 last year. But patching to at least 1.63, clearing my memory regularly and saving the game has saved me a huge amount of heartache and hair pulling.

So, to clear memory you can follow the steps in BlueBellFlora's thread. It really will help you play the game longer.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/658546.page

I'm sorry, TheEmily, but we had to go through all of this again to determine that you're still not purging your RAM? You were told when you first posted that you had a RAM issue and needed to purge RAM while playing. You were even given instructions on how to do so. So your game still isn't working, but of course it isn't! If you have a RAM issue, you need to purge RAM to solve it. If you don't purge RAM to solve your RAM issue, you will continue to have a RAM issue. Does this make sense now? That if you don't solve problems, problems persist?
  • Options
    TheEmily12345TheEmily12345 Posts: 37
    edited May 2014
    Guys not being rude but i think you got it all wrong i opened activity monitor (on bellflowers guide)and let sims 3 load it was fine for the first 5 minutes ,it did not need me to write terminal on it , and then at exception raised error came up. i was like "What it was fine " i checked it before it crashed and as soon as i went back to the game it crashed.And sometimes it still crashes when i start to load the game ,Also i was playing sims 3 had and alien baby and then it froze ,it was like 11 and i had to go to bed so i left it on and my computer on sleep mode and i did not check it in the morning but after school and it was still frozen so?? .Guys don't say its because you need to to follow the resetting ram guide, I DID and ever time i log back on i remember to reset my ran and like every 20-30 minutes do it again and i did but it still had that error and again activity monitor was open and the ram was reset. So if anyone knows anything plz tell me , and dont say you need to reset your ram Ive done that. Thank-You
    Sign-Emily :( Bye
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    it did not need me to write terminal on it

You're going to hate this question, but where are you writing terminal? To reset RAM, you should be opening Terminal and typing "purge" without the quotes.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    i mean writing purge in terminal
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    and how to you know someones wrote a question
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    any any help plz give thank you
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Any Answers Plz I Need some help and wright now when i load the came it has the normal lauch error and exception raised so dont know whats going on and ,i think i blind because i cant find the forum that tells you how to fix the error witch is that so when the game launches it dosent crash.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Do a factory reset of your game. To do it, drag your The Sims 3 folder from Electronic Arts to your desktop. None of your store content or custom content will be in the game. Don't install anything. Launch the game and play for awhile, and see if you still have the problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Also, the Launcher is very glitchy and doesn't alway work correctly. I bypass the Launcher to start my game. If I want to load CC from the Store, I flip to Windows using Parallels and upload the CC to my game that way.

Instructions for by passing the Launcher are in BlueBellFlora's thread/guide.
  • Options
    paridisosims3paridisosims3 Posts: 10
    edited May 2014
    cutie9676 wrote:
    Has anybody been messing around with the game files and stuff? I have i've moved some patch files and the game stills runs fine but i still have this problem and random freezes and crashes. I've delete most cache files and the reload them selfs. I've been reading in to the error notes and the console messages and i'm not quite sure what they mean as far as helping out this problem and making this game run right. I wish there was some way to make the game work like it did when late night came out but still have all the stuff that we have now with Pets and so on. Please tell if you been working on this problem to maybe we can get some people working together and fix this problem since EA isn't. Also others post your Error messages in your Sims 3 folder and also post your console messages you can find that in your utilities folder on your mac so we can see what your mac was doing before the error popped up. SO LETS ALL WORK TOGETHER PEOPLE AND HAVE SOME FUN AND GET OUR GAMES WORKING!!! YEAH!

UPDATE*
    OK I'VE MADE SOME PROGRESS!!! AND I'M CLOSER TO FINDING THE PROBLEM.
    Ok so i started the game by pressing on the cider file in the The Sims 3.localized folder. so u could see all the process going on while i was playing the game and maybe see what was causing the error so i clicked on something i knew would cause the exception raised error. And so when the error came up this came up

(err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin dasmx86dll.dll: dlopen(/Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Frameworks/libdasmx86dll.dylib, 2): image not found
    wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...)

so then i looked for the file in the location and guess what? THERE IS NO FILE!!! so now i'm gonna try to do the same thing again and see if it's just this one file missing. You guys try this and post your results here so we can all help each other. I'm gonna try it again to make sure thats the only file missing. But then that leads to another problem how do i make the file thats not there and what do i put in it thats missing. I know nothing about coding and or coding or building games so made we gonna need some help

I am very into my computer stuff lol but that is what the problem is! I created that exact file and I ran into some bugs during gameplay so what to do:

1) Uninstall all your games (sorry!)
    2) Reinstall base game and check to see if file is there. If it IS then reinstall a lll your EPs and SPs in release order. If it isn't then create it in that EXACT LOCATION, then reinstall in release order
    £) play the game to check for bugs, if there is another exception raised error you should really try running the game without mods or CC and that might help If you don't want to lose your CC then try deleting cache files
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    My internet has been down for a week and when i came back on it didnet have the error (strange)
    :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Screenshot-4.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    how do u post pics
    ??????????????????
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    is it bad to have over 601 CC
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I usually use Photobucket as it is a free site to host my pictures as I can upload them directly from my computer. The site gives you several options for how to post your pictures. I use the IMG link, copy it and paste it into my post. For those of you wondering, this was my handy work in Sims 2 redecorating one of the base game houses. It was the Tudor one, if I remember correctly. :D

snapshot_00000028_fd184be5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    OMG you don't know how laggy this is , Create a sim ,it takes like 8 minutes to load tops ( for every day) , like if your creating 7 people it would take 6 hours normally it takes 2.05 hours , (facial features takes a long time) still it takes forever to load even when playing the game and also it dosent starting up , it says Unable to start
    Service initialization failed (0x065d0274)
    also im trying to install a house from the exchange and it wont download it has and error.
    PLz be quick to answer because im going to a party , well im hosting one. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I usually use Photobucket as it is a free site to host my pictures as I can upload them directly from my computer. The site gives you several options for how to post your pictures. I use the IMG link, copy it and paste it into my post. For those of you wondering, this was my handy work in Sims 2 redecorating one of the base game houses. It was the Tudor one, if I remember correctly. :D

snapshot_00000028_fd184be5.jpg

yea so dose this still work for TS3 , if it dose and its different plz say how to do it
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The Exchange is riddled with bad and broken CC, even when items say they're CC-free. Just so you know. Having 601 pieces of CC isn't bad, but if you want to know why your game is so laggy and crashes a lot, that's likely why. You've got more stuff installed than your computer can handle. And in this case, I don't care about your specs. CC tends to be much more intensive than EA-created items because EA creates content with simmers playing on lower end computers in mind. It doesn't matter--again--if your computer is higher end. CC is more intensive than EA-created stuff. I'm going to repeat that, since I'm not sure if you're going to understand it, and I'm confident that you're going to be back on this thread in a week still complaining that your game doesn't work: CC is more intensive than EA-created stuff. Have you ever looked at the poly count of any CC you've downloaded/installed? Most creators will tell you how many polys their creations are. The higher the number of polys, the more it's going to slow down your game.

Two more things:

1) Read the big post about how to get your game to work. If you would just take the time to read through it, you'd see that all of your issues have already been covered. Frankly, spoon-feeding you solutions that you could look up yourself is getting boring.

2) No one ever needs to give you an answer by any deadline, and it's really rude to ask people meet one for you. Playing sims isn't life or death, especially not in your case. If you're too lazy to look up your answer, which is already findable in this forum, then it's even more rude to request that people spoon feed you by a certain time.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited June 2014
    tamalinn wrote:

1) Read the big post about how to get your game to work. If you would just take the time to read through it, you'd see that all of your issues have already been covered. Frankly, spoon-feeding you solutions that you could look up yourself is getting boring.

2) No one ever needs to give you an answer by any deadline, and it's really rude to ask people meet one for you. Playing sims isn't life or death, especially not in your case. If you're too lazy to look up your answer, which is already findable in this forum, then it's even more rude to request that people spoon feed you by a certain time.

This.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014

*snip*

yea so dose this still work for TS3 , if it dose and its different plz say how to do it

Yes, it should work for any photos you wish to post here no matter the game.

NWN0001j.jpg

This is a picture from Neverwinter Nights as an example.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    tamalinn wrote:
    The Exchange is riddled with bad and broken CC, even when items say they're CC-free. Just so you know. Having 601 pieces of CC isn't bad, but if you want to know why your game is so laggy and crashes a lot, that's likely why. You've got more stuff installed than your computer can handle. And in this case, I don't care about your specs. CC tends to be much more intensive than EA-created items because EA creates content with simmers playing on lower end computers in mind. It doesn't matter--again--if your computer is higher end. CC is more intensive than EA-created stuff. I'm going to repeat that, since I'm not sure if you're going to understand it, and I'm confident that you're going to be back on this thread in a week still complaining that your game doesn't work: CC is more intensive than EA-created stuff. Have you ever looked at the poly count of any CC you've downloaded/installed? Most creators will tell you how many polys their creations are. The higher the number of polys, the more it's going to slow down your game.

Two more things:

Thank you and your right. I'll delete most of my CC and then it should be much less laggier .Your great Help
  • Options
    Tashy1234Tashy1234 Posts: 18
    edited June 2014
    This is driving me mad. Stopped for ages and now it's back. Crashes 3 times, and then works for hours. And then a save crash corrupts that one and I lose the entire day of saves and have to go back to the last backup. I've seen my sim get married 3 times now.

Wish EA would do something about this.

I'll have another whack at trying to locate the issue with the yes/no debug exception raised rubbish tomorrow. I don't think i can bare to attend my sims wedding again.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited June 2014
    Tashy1234 wrote:
    I'll have another whack at trying to locate the issue with the yes/no debug exception raised rubbish tomorrow. I don't think i can bare to attend my sims wedding again.

Your game is running out of memory, you need to purge the RAM frequently during gameplay and save frequently too.

http://bluebellflora.com/resetting-ram-during-gameplay/

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Tashy1234Tashy1234 Posts: 18
    edited June 2014
    I *do* do all that, all the time. I have been ever since you told me on another thread - it still does it. It goes through days! Some days it does that, others I can play 7/8 hours with no issue.

NB: Also, I saved frequently all day but when it exceptioned me while Saving it seemed to lose the day's progress. Like, everything from real life today went. The backup was from this morning's start.
    Post edited by Unknown User on