Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FIXING Exception Raised Error AND MAYBE OTHER PROBLEMS TOO (PHOTOS PROVIDED)

Comments

• Options
    SilverJewelSilverJewel Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    To MelanieSimlish
    I always play on windowed screen and it has always crashed since2 days ago. i got the game maybe 5 days before this started.
  • Options
    kimiaziafatkimiaziafat Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Hi every one,
    ok so I've only been playing the game for about 2 years so I don't know that much but I've had all sorts of problems with it and I've fixed all of them somehow. Ok so for the exception raise I know how it feels.
    #1: no content for free. Only the ones from the actual store work. The ones from the exchange are the main reason atleast for me.
    #2: delete as much stuff of of ur computer and empty the trash
    #3: make sure evey application besides the sims 3 is off and nothing is plugged into the computer.
    #4: make a copy of the town ur playing and play with the copied town
    #5: reinstall ur content to make sure they're installed properly.
    I know some of these may seem stupid but trust me I've been through ups and downs in this game. if u try all of these it will rarely happen. I haven't had one in 4 months. :)
  • Options
    TheEmily12345TheEmily12345 Posts: 37
    edited May 2014
    i have the same problem i think its the expansion packs because if i have more then 2 it crashes
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    so i play for like 3 hours wih only 2 EPs but i have about 10 EPs.I spent alot of money on the EPs and i cant even play them all of them at once. i fell like telling the creator of EA people are going to stop plyng sims 3 because of the error unless they stop it.I also think its the EPs because i can run 1 with no errors and 2 with errors sometimes
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited May 2014
    Emily, my MBP is pretty low-spec for the game, and I can run it fine with all 7 of my EPs and all 4 of my SPs installed, plus oodles of store content. Take half a second to look for the thread called A Mac User's Best Friend. I'd give you the link, but I give everyone the link and they never bother to click it. So go to that thread and read the three threads linked to from it. I bet you'll see you're able to get your game to run with all of your EPs installed.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    really thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    they said there were links for reseting ram but there isnt
    Im upset :cry:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    you dont need to do reset ram u just need to go o app store download memory+ and then open it and press cleanup o you could sequel it to 1 hour or half or 20 mins
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited May 2014
    @TheEmily12345 - Didn't you see the thread on the first page of this forum?? The clue is in the title:
    A Mac User's Best Friend!/PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ANY NEW PROBLEM THREADS!!!!!!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/748338.page
    you dont need to do reset ram u just need to go o app store download memory+ and then open it and press cleanup o you could sequel it to 1 hour or half or 20 mins

The app you're talking about IS resetting/purging the RAM so yes, you do need to reset it.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    they said there were links for reseting ram but there isnt
    Im upset :cry:

I don't know what to do with this. I told you to look for the thread that is called A Mac User's Best Friend. Did you? Did you then click any of the links like I recommended? Because if you click the first of the three links, it takes you to the thread that will solve all of your problems. It will take you to Bluebellflora's guides to resetting RAM and monitoring RAM usage during gameplay.
    My guides:

How to do a clean uninstall and reinstall on a Mac

Checking which patch version you're running

Finding your serial key using Terminal

Resetting RAM & How to monitor your RAM usage during gameplay

Saving Origin digital downloads

Did you really not see the fourth item in the list?

You do need to reset RAM. The app you installed resets your RAM.

Unrelated: I'm guessing that English isn't your first language. A sequel is a published work that continues the story an existing published work. For example, all of the Harry Potter books after the first one are sequels. I think you mean "schedule", which means to arrange or plan an event to happen at a particular time. So you can create a schedule for your app that it will reset your RAM every 20 or 30 or 60 minutes.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yea I know sorry anyway English is my first language I just typed fast and it made it sequel.i live in Australia so it is
    :D:D soz I found it
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thanks it really helps it may lag more but now I can play with all my EPs :D
  • Options
    spamishspamish Posts: 19 New Member
    edited May 2014
    [Unrelated: I'm guessing that English isn't your first language. A sequel is a published work that continues the story an existing published work. For example, all of the Harry Potter books after the first one are sequels. I think you mean "schedule", which means to arrange or plan an event to happen at a particular time. So you can create a schedule for your app that it will reset your RAM every 20 or 30 or 60 minutes.

way to be rude as hell, friend.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    spamish wrote:
    [Unrelated: I'm guessing that English isn't your first language. A sequel is a published work that continues the story an existing published work. For example, all of the Harry Potter books after the first one are sequels. I think you mean "schedule", which means to arrange or plan an event to happen at a particular time. So you can create a schedule for your app that it will reset your RAM every 20 or 30 or 60 minutes.

Oh, get off your high horse, missy. Clearly you're too good at the world for everything ever, but it's never rude to offer language help. :roll:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    spamish wrote:

It is kinda but i dont mind im the kinda happy person that dosent care, in life peolple are always gonna be rude but what do u ,its the World :D :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    soz fogot a word
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited May 2014
    spamish wrote:

Myself, BlueBellFlora, Caspinwall, itsaprilXD and tamlinn all DO try to help people on this forum, and have taken the time and effort to write up easy to follow guides with tips and tricks that should be read first before starting a new thread or even posting in an old one in which the question has been answered many, many times before. Forgive us for being "rude" as you put it when we check the forums here day in and out answering the same questions over and over again because some people never took the time to read and research the threads we've written to help people in the first place. So yes, we get short, snappy, "rude" as you put it because we have answered their questions and thousands like it before over and over again because people don't take the time to read what we try to put at the top of the forums.

We don't know where everyone is from nor if English is their primary language and don't assume that it is because of all the "leet" speak that passes for English these days and that many countries teach English as a second language. ESL folks might not know the difference between common definitions of words which are second nature to those who live in English speaking countries. If you even cared about helping people out, you wouldn't post some drivel about us being rude, when you don't know the full story and certainly haven't made an effort to help people with their original posts in the first place.

To TheEmily12345, were you able to get your game running smoothly again and did you read our threads? If so and you have any additional questions do feel free to ask, but let us know what you've tried so we can better help you out. If one thing doesn't work than something else might. :D
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Im not sure if this has been answered before but Instead of it doing that error some stuff in the game goes white like build mode and i try to save and it crashes while im saveing :x
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    spamish wrote:

Myself, BlueBellFlora, Caspinwall, itsaprilXD and tamlinn all DO try to help people on this forum, and have taken the time and effort to write up easy to follow guides with tips and tricks that should be read first before starting a new thread or even posting in an old one in which the question has been answered many, many times before. Forgive us for being "rude" as you put it when we check the forums here day in and out answering the same questions over and over again because some people never took the time to read and research the threads we've written to help people in the first place. So yes, we get short, snappy, "rude" as you put it because we have answered their questions and thousands like it before over and over again because people don't take the time to read what we try to put at the top of the forums.

We don't know where everyone is from nor if English is their primary language and don't assume that it is because of all the "leet" speak that passes for English these days and that many countries teach English as a second language. ESL folks might not know the difference between common definitions of words which are second nature to those who live in English speaking countries. If you even cared about helping people out, you wouldn't post some drivel about us being rude, when you don't know the full story and certainly haven't made an effort to help people with their original posts in the first place.

To TheEmily12345, were you able to get your game running smoothly again and did you read our threads? If so and you have any additional questions do feel free to ask, but let us know what you've tried so we can better help you out. If one thing doesn't work than something else might. :D

For the second paragrah u wrote i dident say it was rude spamish did
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    soz
    I dident write it was rude spamish did
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited May 2014
    I know it was not you. I quoted Spamish so it was directed at her. :mrgreen:

So, I'm guessing you still haven't got your game running yet.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    i have for like 2 hours then it quit unexpectedly and i clicked show details and it gave me a whole lot of writing i dont understand because its like

0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x9077c786 _kernelrpc_mach_port_insert_member_trap + 10
    1 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x9077dacb mach_port_insert_member + 31
    2 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x9449e8e1 __CFRunLoopRun + 1121

And that stuff but i did understand this

Model: iMac7,1, BootROM IM71.007A.B03, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 4 GB, SMC 1.20f4
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro, ATI,RadeonHD2600, PCIe, 256 MB

and

rocess: cider [Cant say]

Identifier: com.transgaming.thesims3ep11
    Version: 1.0. (1.0)
    Code Type: X86 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    User ID: 502

Date/Time: 2014-05-19 18:33:04.672 +1000
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)
    Report Version: 10

Interval Since Last Report: 75498 sec
    Crashes Since Last Report: 1
    Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 15024 sec
    Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 1
    Anonymous UUID: EFECE57E-248C-972C-AC21-8D9C42317962

• Options
    edited May 2014
    So sad because i created a sims and toddler and then used the wishing well and got a nother baby then i used the wishing well to get love and it worked and i have a family and now its all gone
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Unrelated:
    Do you know any sims 3 youtube channels i have xsimsuger,arabella,Fancysims,diamonnddx (anon, best sims 3 show ever) ,Lifesimmer And thats all. If you know some more plz tell me :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I Give a Shout out To Sims 3 Show Anon Created By Diamonnddx