Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FIXING Exception Raised Error AND MAYBE OTHER PROBLEMS TOO (PHOTOS PROVIDED)

cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
Has anybody been messing around with the game files and stuff? I have i've moved some patch files and the game stills runs fine but i still have this problem and random freezes and crashes. I've delete most cache files and the reload them selfs. I've been reading in to the error notes and the console messages and i'm not quite sure what they mean as far as helping out this problem and making this game run right. I wish there was some way to make the game work like it did when late night came out but still have all the stuff that we have now with Pets and so on. Please tell if you been working on this problem to maybe we can get some people working together and fix this problem since EA isn't. Also others post your Error messages in your Sims 3 folder and also post your console messages you can find that in your utilities folder on your mac so we can see what your mac was doing before the error popped up. SO LETS ALL WORK TOGETHER PEOPLE AND HAVE SOME FUN AND GET OUR GAMES WORKING!!! YEAH!

UPDATE*
OK I'VE MADE SOME PROGRESS!!! AND I'M CLOSER TO FINDING THE PROBLEM.
Ok so i started the game by pressing on the cider file in the The Sims 3.localized folder. so u could see all the process going on while i was playing the game and maybe see what was causing the error so i clicked on something i knew would cause the exception raised error. And so when the error came up this came up

(err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin dasmx86dll.dll: dlopen(/Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Frameworks/libdasmx86dll.dylib, 2): image not found
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...)

so then i looked for the file in the location and guess what? THERE IS NO FILE!!! so now i'm gonna try to do the same thing again and see if it's just this one file missing. You guys try this and post your results here so we can all help each other. I'm gonna try it again to make sure thats the only file missing. But then that leads to another problem how do i make the file thats not there and what do i put in it thats missing. I know nothing about coding and or coding or building games so made we gonna need some help

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited May 2012
    Fantastic! I haven't encountered the Exception Raised error much thankfully. I've often wondered if it's because I don't play much, just build, so my saves are very small.

And, apart from this one:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/379332.page

I hope this thread stops all the other threads on this issue. New ones seem to pop up every day because people seem incapable of looking at other threads.
    apple-signature.png
  • cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Yeah i see tons :shock: of them i don't know :?: why people don't just comment on the old threads so there won't be so many and then it's easier for people like me researching in one place instead of opening a bunch of pages. But this thread is dedicated to the effort and research into fixing the problem with the error and also the freezing problem and also the random crashes with no error messages.
  • gokukarengokukaren Posts: 1,247 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Hello! I agree with you. It is better to try to help each other. I have had the exception raised error on and off for a long time. It always pops up with the question "Would you like to de-bug?" and it doesn't matter if you say yes or no, the game crashes to desk top. I have found that if I keep my caches cleaned out and clean out my cookies every single time before I play that it reduces getting this error. I also keep my disc very clean and clear of dust. I just recently decided to get rid of ALL my CC in my game, including CAP and CC patterns because of game lag. SInce I did that I have not received the exception raised error and it has been about 2 months now. I always report when Cider crashes in the hopes that somebody will notice.. :? Before I did this I also noticed that if I left the disc in and was playing/building a long time, several hours--that I would then receive the message too. This is my equipment if that helps:

IMAC Mac OSX 10.6.7
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz
    1 processor 2 cores
    4 GB memory
    AT. Radeon HD2600 Pro
  • gokukarengokukaren Posts: 1,247 New Member
    edited February 2013
    :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • superstargoddesssuperstargoddess Posts: 16
    edited May 2012
    Seems like it would be the job of Maxis to fix this problem...
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited May 2012

After nearly 3 years of waiting for EA to fix this issue I think it's pretty clear that they don't know how to.
    apple-signature.png
    edited May 2012
    For right now the goal is to try to minimize this problem. Ok i have some things to try out along with all the other things you have to do like clearing out caches every new game and so one. I got this tip from tumblr every time your game crashes name your Electronic Arts to _lectronic Arts than run the game. Than quit and exit i usually just press comand+alt+esc then delete the newly generated Electronic Arts folder then rename your original Electronic Arts back to that. And that should help out. I tried it and i went through about 4 hours of good game play and no crash then i played again the next day and it lasted 3 hours then on the 3rd day it crashed in Buy mode. So it's not a fix. As far as keeping ur disc clean thats good to but i've been using the no cd mod and that help get rid of the worry your disc is causing a problem. For right now thats all i can suggest but i will be commenting on this thread a least once or two times a week about my efforts. And i agree EA isn't really doing anything so sometimes you have to do things for yourself instead wait for someone else thats not even say anything about the problem. so good luck and may your GAME WORK!! :D

*UPDATE
    I knew i forgot something ok another thing is to disable your firewall i notice it helps if you do it with other things too. But my suggestion is that you turn off airport. But thats just because i don't want to think what would happen if someone hacked my mac so thats just for safety but i get if you use the internet while you play because i do it sometimes too. But just make sure u turn it back on after you finish playing. To turn it off go to system preferences and go to security. Hope that helps. Results may vary depending on OS and model and year your make was made.
    edited May 2012
    My game crashed again today i'm gonna post my screenshots of it.
    *LOOK CLOSELY AT THE BOTTOM IN CAS WHERE THE SHOE THUMBNAIL APPEARS DISTORTED .
    This also shows you what to do when you have this problem

Screenshot2012-05-09at81239PM.png

Screenshot2012-05-09at81250PM.png

Screenshot2012-05-09at81303PM.png
  • itsaprilXDitsaprilXD Posts: 642 Member
    edited May 2012
    My game freezes pretty quickly once the CAS begins to glitch...
    I generally just save my sim so I can open it in CAS later once I see it and restart the game...
  • Jasmin1082Jasmin1082 Posts: 16
    edited May 2012
    Great new thread!! well i haven't been able to play the Sims in about 2 months. (very disturbing) So, I just emptyed my cache and Im going to try to load the game again. The farthest Ive been getting is to the home screen when I load up the game it gives me the exception raised de message and them shuts down the game before my family home can load up. Ill keep posted.

One quick question tho... My next step I think will be to "run without CC", If I do that will I loose that for good?
    edited May 2012
    Ok i'm back with new tips! Boy i still can't believe EA hasn't fixed this yet!! makes me so mad! I was just trying to create a sim in bridgeport which i rarely do because i use the builder island which i find helps me go through the CAS process without crashing or freezes.
    Ok #2 after every crash or freeze delete your regular caches(CASPartCache.package,compositorCache.package,scriptCache.package,simCompositorCache.package, and socialCache.package) and also delete any other files out including (DeviceConfig.log, Sims3LauncherLogFile.log, Sims3Logs.xml and any ScriptError). For the files i said i like to save mine and move them to another folder sometimes but most of the time i just get rid of them. So the only files remaining are (Options.ini and userPresets.package) and all of your folders, the rest will regenerate.
    Hope this helps and may your game be glitch free! :D
    EA THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING SO FIX THIS PROBLEM AND MAKE A PATCH SOON!!!!! :evil:
  • Simmer2009Simmer2009 Posts: 123 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Hi guys, I know this is an old thread but I'm getting really peeved off by the fact that this problem still hasn't been solved! Honestly EA, your customer support is atrocious!

Has anyone came up with anymore solutions?
  • BubblyBubbz85BubblyBubbz85 Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    :( omg i keep getting the same thing and have asked for help but apparently no one knows how to fix it. This is so annoying that I cannot play!! I've spent so much money on the sims 3 and I am frustrated!!! HELP!!!
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited August 2012
    This happens to me if I play in fullscreen mode. Though, it has happened once in windowed mode, but it happened quite often in fullscreen mode. Also I don't have any third-party CC installed so that probably helps too.
    44444.gif
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited August 2012
    You say that like they'd actually do it. If only.
    44444.gif
    edited September 2012
    Ok i'm back but with a sad update unfortunately all the old tricks on here no longer work to help the problem the new patch just borked everything when i installed there was no way possible to play the game so it looks like we are on our own. I really wish there was a way to get EA attention about this problem so it would get fixed! i mean this keep a lot of people from playing and the morally right thing for is EA to do is fix it! not come out with more patches that dont fix it. I mean come on they have billions of dollars but they can't buy some macs to test the game on and see the mac side of the game is broken!
  • mattdude411mattdude411 Posts: 108 Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't think EA will bother fixing this glitch considering their primary target is Windows users and this game is almost 4 years old, and they're just about to start a whole new quarter where they're going to release new games. And do you have the problem where CC hair disappears sometimes and instead the hair comes out like a clean cut? I have this problem but only on Mountain Lion but I'm not sure if it's related to the OS at all.
    edited September 2012
    I use to have that before installed Showtime but i don't have problems with hair now. I know 4 years is too long. I really hope EA crashes and burnes because of this problem. 4 years! You can't fix a problem with a game you made in 4 years i'm try to think about something that can get the company attention as a whole so they while see it's a wide spread problem. I know they mostly help pc but they made the game mac compatible too so i'm not taking they don't know what to do with macs or it's the problem with the mac because it's not it's a cider problem and a problem with the game enterally! Anybody got any idea what we can do as a whole community to get their attention, we need something BIG!!! :evil: :twisted:
  • FSCJess19FSCJess19 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I have had this same problem. It only started happening when I installed the new add on The Seasons and downloaded the latest patch. It's happened twice now and I'm no longer playing the game bc what is the point if it doesn't save?

EA, this is complete bs. You have people like me that have played this game for years! FIX the problem!!
  • tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    edited December 2012
    cutie9676 wrote:
    My game crashed again today i'm gonna post my screenshots of it.
    *LOOK CLOSELY AT THE BOTTOM IN CAS WHERE THE SHOE THUMBNAIL APPEARS DISTORTED .
    This also shows you what to do when you have this problem

Screenshot2012-05-09at81239PM.png

Screenshot2012-05-09at81250PM.png

Screenshot2012-05-09at81303PM.png

Weird I've just started having the same issue on my MAC, and noticed you have the same dress that I JUST installed in the pictures you posted. Deleted that dress, and the issue seems to be gone! ... hmmm...
  • Simmin247Simmin247 Posts: 213 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm having this exact same problem... I can't even play my game and I really dont know what to do. :?
  • 256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    edited January 2013
    @taylormxx: It's not the dress because I don't have that dress but I do have that same issue with CAS. I only have store items
  • SaxgrrrlSaxgrrrl Posts: 4 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I don't think EA will bother fixing this glitch considering their primary target is Windows users and this game is almost 4 years old, and they're just about to start a whole new quarter where they're going to release new games. And do you have the problem where CC hair disappears sometimes and instead the hair comes out like a clean cut? I have this problem but only on Mountain Lion but I'm not sure if it's related to the OS at all.
    The only way to fix CC hair disappearing is to turn the sims quality to the highest it will go. That's the only way your cc will work right in game.
  • FROZYOFROZYO Posts: 13 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Any update to this? I'm playing on a brand new MacBook Pro and have all of the Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs installed. I'm getting pretty ticked off here...

EDIT:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Exception-Raised/td-p/1102/highlight/true EA proves to be completely unhelpful, as usual... seriously?! I pay loads of money on your products and you ignore me and tons of other users when they don't even work?! It's entirely not my fault...

Seriously EA ignores their users, especially their Mac users.
  • Phtby1109Phtby1109 Posts: 373 Member
    edited January 2013
    I am also having issues with distorted images. Today, the games' toolbar bugged out and the build/buy/live modes were MIA. Also I attempt to save when these issues happen and get the error 12 message which is a pain.

Other issues include black boxes over the saving icon and black boxes over Sims portraits, build/buy items, etc.

Any one else have this same issue bc I can't seem to find it anywhere….

Also no CC installed, just store content. Attempted deleting the cache file and stuff but it didn't seem to make a difference. Only seeming to get 1-2 hours tops out of my game before any of this starts to happen