Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆~ KLorelei's Works In Progress ~☆ Villa di Fiori ♦♦ Mysticdiva2 ♦♦ p.30

Comments

• Options
    CrescentMoonPyeCrescentMoonPye Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited July 2012
    What's that KL up to, I wonder...
  • Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited July 2012
    What's that KL up to, I wonder...
    I'm here, I'm here. Just been busy the past few days. Well that and my hubs decided to take apart my computer - good reason though, new motherboard and graphics card. Haven't had a chance to check them out in game just yet. Crossing fingers things are awesome.
    KLorelei wrote:
    ... And I can't take full credit, it was Cressie who had the idea for a waterfall shower, though I suppose it was up to me to make it work, lol...
    Ha! I knew that thing would get people's attention!! Yay!
    BUT, I cannot take full credit either, as it was originally the idea of the hippies at Woodstock 1969 who came up with the concept of using natural waterflows to beat the stink off of them! Wonderful bohemians that they were... :lol:

I love the pics if the park, KL! I can't wait to be able to get in there and actually play. Making me insane to be prevented... :?
    I want to host Rock Concerts there so I can take pics and share them with you!
    ABigbump for KL!
    So happy you like it! I wish you could see it in game right now, I can't imagine the withdrawls you must be having! Hope your computer get fixed, like, now. lol
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    YAY for KL! *clap clap clappity clap* ::hops up and down for you to waste energy cuz I have nothing better to do, not being able to play::

Ooooh, I can't wait to see what your pics will look like. Do you think they'll look different? I'm so excited for you (as if the hopping didn't tell you so already)!
    YAY :mrgreen: :-o :mrgreen:

[I forgot what Eliya's request was AGAIN - I have the memory of a gnat, I go look again... :P ]
    OOooh, sounds very 'Madeline' or 'Jane Eyre'! What a fun challenge with the color palette!
    I can't wait to see what Eliya's 'tattoo #2' DNA build will end up like... :shock: Second Empire rocks!
  • Options
    Eliya14Eliya14 Posts: 430 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Hello again! I'm sorry i was gone for like five weeks..
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Eliya14 wrote:
    Hello again! I'm sorry i was gone for like five weeks..

No worries, I figured you've been on vacation. ^_^

Here's a preview pic of what I've got so far...

SecondEmpire1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I don't know how this happened, but that is exactly what I imagined it to be.
    except for some reason I thought it would be a dark orangish colour.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well that's quite lucky that it's what you were picturing in your head.

As far as the exterior goes, I chose those colors purposefully for the contrast. With the inside being various shades of brown, red and orange, it looks a bit much with the outside being the same too.

I've made decent progress on the interiors, should have a pic or two to show you by tomorrow.

eta: I forgot to mention that I made a basement, one with windows (as is the usual style for Second Empire houses).

BHbasementwindow.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Here are a few interior shots:

BHoffice.jpg

BHkitchen.jpg

BHdiningroom.jpg

BHdorm1.jpg

And the outside with landscaping (though it's kind of hard to see since I took the pic at night):

BHnight2.jpg

I won't be around much this weekend, but I should be able to put the finishing touches on it on Monday as well as finish playtesting Tuesday. I'm hoping to have it uploaded for you by Wednesday. ^_^

Have a great weekend hon.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    How charming it is, KL! I am disappointed that there is a grate over the basement windows, as I was planning to break in and steal potatoes from the cellar.
    But other than that, this is a great house for moderately rich victorians!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    No cressie, the girls need their potatoes! But if you need any, you can just ask!

BTW, I really love the house so far.!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    How charming it is, KL! I am disappointed that there is a grate over the basement windows, as I was planning to break in and steal potatoes from the cellar.
    But other than that, this is a great house for moderately rich victorians!

I never pegged you for a potato theif Cressie! Just hit the garden when the owners aren't home. lol

Eliya14 wrote:
    No cressie, the girls need their potatoes! But if you need any, you can just ask!

BTW, I really love the house so far.!

Glad you like it hon. It's all finished and uploaded just click the pic below. ^_^

BlackwellHouse.png

• Options
    HomeworkerHomeworker Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited September 2012
    KLorelei

I am intending on getting supernatural and as for store content, could you ask as you're building because we'll end up with an essay? x'D
    sig-advert.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Great - being able to use the stuff in Supernatural will help immensely.

About the store content, some of the things that might work in the build would be any items from the various Gothique sets, as well as anything from the Regal Living and Storybook sets. So if you could just me know if/what items you have from those sets, that'd be great. Thanks Homeworker. ^_^

eta: Are you picturing the house as a brooding Gothic Victorian (think Goth family homes throughout the series) or are you imagining a brighter/prettier Victorian house, but with the Gothic details and styling included?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I dont have any of those sets, I have 3 chairs from the technophobe goth set.

Hmm... More brooding i think
    sig-advert.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Homeworker wrote:
    I dont have any of those sets, I have 3 chairs from the technophobe goth set.

Hmm... More brooding i think

Ok, that makes it simple then. ^_~ SN has plenty of Victorian style stuff so it shouldn't be any issue.

And more brooding it is!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Awesome! Thanks for taking on my request, I hope you have fun building it :D
    sig-advert.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I am having fun. I've got the shell done as well as the room layout inside. Thought I'd show you a progress pic of what it looks like so far.

GothicVic1.jpg

I have a question for you - in your request form,you listed wanting a hot tub in the garden. I imagine you mean in the English style of gardens (aka a fully landscaped backyard) rather than a vegtable garden. Am I correct or did you want some planting space outside as well? There is a small conservatory/green space in the back of the house for indoor planting but you want outdoor plants as well that can be arranged too.

Um, thought I had another question for you but I'm totally drawing a blank atm. lol So I may be back to pester you again later, heh. ^_~
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Aha! I dont mind being pestered :')

And yeah, English style of gardens definitely works! I dont really mind about outdoor planting, the conservatory should be enough :)
    sig-advert.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Ok, sounds good. ^_^
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Because I'm a nutter and couldn't leave well enough alone, I started tinkering with my original CAS job. I think I'm still leaning towards the first iteration (the grey) over the brown, but I thought I'd ask you what you think.

GothicVic3.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Brown looks better :D
    sig-advert.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Ha, of course because I'm now in the grey camp. lol But it's your request, so brown it is. ^_^
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    lol, Gray just looks a bit depressing :D

sig-advert.jpg
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited September 2012
    Wow! Very Nice KLorelei! I'm really liking it! I will rec when you upload! :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2012
    WOW! :shock: Looks AMAZING! :D