Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆~ KLorelei's Works In Progress ~☆ Villa di Fiori ♦♦ Mysticdiva2 ♦♦ p.30

Comments

• Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited July 2012
    *smacks forehead* I can't believe I blanked on that statue - it's one of my favorites! I suppose it's because I hardly ever use it, no one seems to own that set, lol.

And I know just where to put them. *grin*
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Haha! youre too fast for me!!!
    I tried to beat you though!

Yeah that's what I was aiming at. Are there any plaque thingies we can stick on the pedestal, do you think? :mrgreen: :P

Lol, I'm on the same page, I'd already added that (right after I posted the pic).

So here's what I'm thinking (keep in mind I'm still CASing and such):

DiamondDogFountain2.jpg

• Options
    CrescentMoonPyeCrescentMoonPye Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited July 2012
    Woot! I always thought that the Regency looked like a dog track because of that statue.

Yay! You'll get to use it at least once then! Heehee
    Use Diamond dog somehwere in the park too though, cuz then I dont have to put him together later, :lol: 8) :!: :-o Yay!

Pic looks coolio, daddyio! Youre still too fast for me...

Oh, and the stage looks great, btw. Marty and Steven will have fun there someday.

Heehee, the hippies are going to get all wet in their birthday suits when they try to read the plaque - serves them right for streaking.

Oh! Not that I'm following you around and nagging, but did you get the hedgehog generator in the park somewhere? ::cringes in case I'm annoying you, but I'm excited::
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Awesome, I'm so glad you like it all! I just did a second simport test today (my simport actually worked for once) and it does seem like a good performance space. Best news of all, no sims have been harmed during either of the tests. ^_^

I still have some finessing to do, but that'll have to wait. It's dinner time (8pm and I'm starving, lol).
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Go eat! heehee! Take your time.

It's not true no one got harmed! You told me you were drowning people during Iggy's lifeguard training!

My simporting hasn't worked right for the last month or two. I never see anyone's requests in my simport book. Kinda sad because I can't get any of the hosting stamps or rewards. Makes me somewhat mad at EA for releasing it before it was really tested.
    Oh well.

Oh. Annoying you again. There's a doghouse for mating, isnt' there... Shutup me! Wait for her pictures and take it as it comes!!
    (There. You don't have to yell at me now, cuz I did it for you while you eat.)

Yay, I can finally beat you at posting cuz youre gone eating. :P
    I'm going to have fun setting all those stage lights to rainbow colors. Then Steven T can yowl with the dog audience. In the future. Someday.

If you could plant a few daisies and sunflowers about the place, I'm sure the hippie girls will appreciate it so they can stick them in their hair. And then yell at the dogs "Please don't eat the daisies" a lot

K. I'm done till you come back. lol
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hehe, that's true, some sims drowned. But I meant no sims simporting were harmed, wasn't including the others. lol

And yes, there is a doghouse (behind the bandshell along with the horse trough).
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hey youre supposed to be eating!!! I was making amendments to the previous post.
    Go eat! heehee!

I'll bury the drowned-sim evidence with Iggy's help, of course, while youre gone.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    It's just too bad that we can't instill a Boho Dress Code for the lot, ain't it?! :P Like parties get to have - not fair.
    ... stupid normal dressed sims showin' up dressed so weird and sensible, no daisies in their hair - like The Man dressed them or somethin', and ruining our cool vibe that you're working so hard to create...

Right on, puppy park-maker! *strummy strum*
    Feel the freedom flowin' through your hammer-swinging self, sharin' your colors with the world!
    We're all going for a collective swim after you're finished - clothes optional - cuz we were all born bare, man! Nothin' wrong with gettin' back to Mother Earth the way She intended, you dig?!
    Bring your DNA friends along if you want - constructive diversity, my friend, makes the world spin and teaches us to love everybody!

Imagine - KL puppy-park '70s style song
    song

Imagine all the hippies,
    it's easy if you try
    No clothes among 'em
    Above 'em only sky [cuz it's always 74 degrees and sunny]
    Imagine all the simmies swimming for their lives
    Eihyyyye, eyye

Imagine there's no countries [only Towns]
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothin' Grimmy shows up for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the puppies playing in the Park

Youhoo-eeooo, you may say
    I'm a simmer, but I'm not the only one
    I hope some day you'll join us
    And Iggy's Park will be as one

Imagine no Store items
    I wonder if you can
    No need for Points or contests
    A simmerhood of man
    Imagine D.N.A.ahay, sharing all their builds

Youhoo-eeooo, you may say
    I'm a simmer, but I'm not the only one
    I hope some day you'll join us i]non-simmers, we're singing at you[/i
    And the world will play as one
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited July 2012
    Cant wait to see that cool park you are working on! The bandstand area alone is amazing and I know once you get all the details worked out it will be a fantastic lot. :D
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited July 2012
    Cressie, that song is too funny ^____^

The park is lookin' real gas ;)

(Is that right... "gas"?) :lol:

--Wibble :D
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited July 2012
    Beautiful creation, K! :thumbup:
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    YAY, KL! They heard me and Iggy howling your song and we got visitors to the worksite! Woot!
    [KL's not here today but that won't stop me from talking at her!]

Yeah Wib, I think so?! :shock:
    As in Rolling Stone's:
    "Jumpin' Jack Flash, It's a gas, gas, gas..."

Hey, do you older simmers born in the '60s remember these: cardboard records
    Heehee :P 8) :mrgreen: they did turn into taco shells, but I played them anyway cuz I was a dumb little kid who didn't know better and got her first music off of the back of a cereal box.
    I think I like cd's better...
    (Hey, if I'm going off topic, it's because KL isn't here to slap me on the nose with her newspaper - so it serves her right for having a life)
  • Options
    PEACHES327PEACHES327 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited July 2012
    Just popping in to look at your recent stuff. :D Will have to be sure to visit your studio to make sure I didn't miss anything on Rec'ing.

Lovely work, as always. ♥♥
    Please Visit My Sims 3 & 4 Blog! studiopeaches.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for stopping by Peaches, it's good to see you and thank you for the wonderful compliment. ^_^

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Cressie - I'm just about finished with the park. All that's left now is to do one last simport test, take pictures and upload it. I'm going to try to get to it tonight, but I may not have it up until tomorrow.

Some pics to amp you up even more:

GemIggyPark3.jpg

GemIggyPark10.jpg

GemIggyPark9.jpg

The only minor issue (and it's actually pretty funny imho) is that the "banner" at the back tends to attract lookie-loos.

GemIggyPark17.jpg

But it doesn't make the performers very happy at all:

GemIggyPark18.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Lovin' that song Cressie. I feel so special that the park has inspired one of your famous (infamous? heh) songs.
    Cant wait to see that cool park you are working on! The bandstand area alone is amazing and I know once you get all the details worked out it will be a fantastic lot. :D

Thank you Ruth. ^_^

Lol, I've no idea. I've never heard that expression before. But then, I'm not a teenager so I've no doubt I'm behind on all the current lingo.
    itguyinsc wrote:
    Beautiful creation, K! :thumbup:

Thank you so much Itsy.
    (Hey, if I'm going off topic, it's because KL isn't here to slap me on the nose with her newspaper - so it serves her right for having a life)

Lol
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    :shock: Owwwwoooooooh *strummy strum*

woof!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Looks so cool!! Love the puppy pics on the wall and I think looky-loos are hysterical!! Leave 'em in!
    :lol:
    Oop, you beat me again, that last post was just me wasting time wondering where you were and then it loaded - and there you were!!!
    Anette on DNAthr just gave us/me a way too add tie-dye patterns to the lot later!! Woot!
    Too bad she didnt mention the technique a long time ago, I couldve made you one and uploaded it before my computer died!!
    Oh well :lol:
    Lol, I've no idea. I've never heard that expression before. But then, I'm not a teenager so I've no doubt I'm behind on all the current lingo.
    KL!! That waas an expression before our time! Ask Mick Jagger what it means though...

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    If it's too late, I get it cuz youre tired of looking at it and I am very cool with it as is :mrgreen:, but I was wondering one last thing - is it weird to suggest 'rainbowing' it just a titch more to add green orange and some other tie-dye colors mixed here and there on the parts that are turquoise-blue?? Does blue seem to be overpowering/monotoning the presentation?

I ask that not as a criticism but as a design/decorating learning question - What do you think?
    Am I being loopy or would that help the "curb-appeal" to hippies to shake up the color Just Slightly, not much, just a little?

::scared I'm annoying/offending you, but had to ask because I want to learn from everyone anything I can::

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I keep going back to the pics you posted!!! Heehee, can't stop looking at the place! Love it love it love it... this lot is going to be so fun to play on
    [when i get to, that it. So mad my puter is dead grrrrr :evil: Other simmers get to play my lot before me - not fair not fair not fair!!]
    Heehee!

That acrobat looks mad, but she's not a hippie so she can't possibly understand that that guy thought she was just wasting time amusing Woofstockers until Hendrix came on!
    *twaaang, bass fart, strum, harmonics whine, strummy strum*
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Lol, you're in no danger of offending me. I based the color scheme on Iggy Pup's coat colors. Earlier I had some salmon/pink thrown in but it seemed a bit garish to me. However, that's probably how the hippies like it, lol. So I threw some of that color back in - do you like this better?

IPpark.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hey! A dog showed up! Woot!
    GemIggyPark3.jpg"width=150"
    ^ (hey, is that an another iggy?)

Boy, that is one skimpy outfit your tester acrobat is wearing! Doesn't she get cold - oh wait, she can jump through the flaming loop to get toasty?! Never mind! :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hey! A dog showed up! Woot!
    GemIggyPark3.jpg"width=150"
    ^ (hey, is that an another iggy?)

Boy, that is one skimpy outfit your tester acrobat is wearing! Doesn't she get cold - oh wait, she can jump through the flaming loop to get toasty?! Never mind! :lol:

It is another Iggy - the original dog in my tester family, but of course I had to add in Iggy Pup so now they have 2.

And don't you be picking on my acrobat's outfit! It's what all the level 10's are wearing. Harumpf. heh
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Oh I get ya and why it's colored that way!:thumbup: Love those dog pics all over! Woot! Puppies!
    Iggy is pretty muted compared to a tie-dye t-shirt :lol: He got kinda chalky cuz of the layers blending.
    Compared to hippies, anyway. I keep thinking bright and obnoxious because that's what I have burned into my childhood's little brain image. *snort* heehee

Tie-Dyed-202a.jpg

Well, what do you want to upload it as?
    8) :lol::mrgreen:
    I can always mess around adding colors and removing them later.
    It still seems mainly blue overall, but that's kool, daddio! Upload it the way you think will sell it's hippie-ishness best!

I think the hippies can tolerate a lot more intense color than we can nowadays, but that's because they blow bubbles all day long.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'm not picking on your acrobat! She's sexy and she shaves her legs (unlike the hippies)!

I'm just saying that she must get cold running around like that. :P
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'll confess that that shirt you've posted gives me spasms, but admitedly my design sense is no where near hippie.

Thanks to you (heh), now I'm not sure what I want to upload it as, but you're right in that the colors can always be tweaked later. I'll play around with it a bit longer, but it's totally your fault that it won't get uploaded tonight! lol ^_~

In my defense, Iggy Pup looks mostly blue and blue green, so I guess it just figures his park leans that direction too. There are more spots of color here and there that don't show in that front shot, but I was trying to find the balance between outdoorsy/natural and hippie colors/design.

eta:
    I'm not picking on your acrobat! She's sexy and she shaves her legs (unlike the hippies)!

I'm just saying that she must get cold running around like that. :P

Ha, probably true.