Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everything Island: ready for download!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited January 2012
    To everyone who posted looking for Everything Island and got the "unavailable" page instead:

That was a glitch with the exchange that happened over the holidays. As soon as the gurus came back, they were able to fix it and the world is back where it should be in my studio. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I AM working on a Pets version of the world, but I do not intend to take down the original so that people without pets can use it. The Pets version should be done this week end with any luck :D
  • Options
    sunshinejenn03sunshinejenn03 Posts: 157 Member
    edited July 2012
    I just want to say thankyouthankyouthankyou for making this world. I've been scouring the Exchange for something that has everything and no one had created one the last time I looked. It plays beautifully, even for me, even though I don't have Gens (though I plan to pick it up tonight). I rec'd it as well. Best world on the Exchange, hands down.
    ccdedef9-211b-4e2c-bb1f-e55a0b05f020.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I just want to say thankyouthankyouthankyou for making this world. I've been scouring the Exchange for something that has everything and no one had created one the last time I looked. It plays beautifully, even for me, even though I don't have Gens (though I plan to pick it up tonight). I rec'd it as well. Best world on the Exchange, hands down.

Oh wow! You just made my whole week and then some! Thank you for taking the time to find this old thread and let me know. You are too kind. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    No problem! I also forgot to mention: I LOVE the Big Bang Theory references :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    No problem! I also forgot to mention: I LOVE the Big Bang Theory references :mrgreen:

Oddly enough...of the thousands of people who have downloaded the world, you are only the second person who has mentioned that! I was wondering if anyone would notice. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    That makes me sad! It's such a great show LOL!
    I noticed earlier in the thread you said you would be creating this same world for Pets; did you end up revamping it? I picked up Pets last night and added a few pet venues in some of the vacant lots, but I'd love to see what you do with it.
  • Options
    ShepherdgothShepherdgoth Posts: 270
    edited September 2012
    My game keeps crasing as I tray to use it.
  • Options
    SulkySim66SulkySim66 Posts: 361 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I just had to say that this is hands down, the BEST world I've ever played. I'm using the Pets version and it is just perfection. Great work! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I think we need a new version now that we got superstar, supernatural, seasons.
  • Options
    n_marcelo123n_marcelo123 Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I just downloaded this city very excited to play.. It begins loading then freezes and windows says it cannot recover. Then I have to close my Sims. I tried to reinstall it but it still does the same thing! I really want to play.. any help? Do I need to download any patches or something, i'm not too tech savy with sims. HELP!!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    am I the only one having trouble getting new community a lot to add to this world?
  • Options
    c123dalc123dal Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    :HOW CLEVER ARE YOU! PPL LIKE YOU SHOULD BE MAKING MEGA $'S DESIGNING SOFTWARE. GOOD LUCK, THANKS FOR THE COOL GAME.
  • Options
    GoatkibbleGoatkibble Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    I am pretty late to the party here but I have to say: I love, love, LOVE this world. I almost had a heart attack at first because I had fallen in love with both the world and Bellefleur Estate (which I had planned as my active family home around which all other families hinged) but it didn't fit! I had to bulldoze the 60x60 coastal lot & its neighbour but it was totally worth it to have my own way, hehe.

I have been playing in it for a couple of (human) weeks and it works beautifully. I haven't had any crashes. Routing seems fine. There were some lags but that turned out to be broken EA store content. It does take a little while to load but that is because it is full of awesome lots and stuff, none of which I care to do without.

None of the (attractive) pre-made festival lots fit very well (no 64x64 lots), I had to end up using Lunar Lakes festival grounds and landscaping around it to make it fit into the world. Turned out well though.

The world is exceptionally sunny and bright which I found hard on my eyes but I installed a lighting mod and it is now absolutely perfect - everything I was looking for in a world.

Definitely a recommend from me.
  • Options
    mtiwtkmtiwtk Posts: 4
    edited September 2013
    Sorry for the somewhat newbish question... I am in fact somewhat of a newb to Custom Content and Playing with Mods. I'm just wary of those things messing up my game :D

SO, in this town are there any already moved in households?
    I've installed it and everything is AWE-inspiring (huge fan of Ruth's work) but I'm noticing that when playing the only Townies I've come across are all mixologists, paparazzi, venue proprietors, etc...

Also, all the houses are empty. My sims like to drop in on homes and make new friends but if nobody lives there it's pretty hard! :P

Do I need to stock the town with sims made in CAS by myself and/or with downloaded households from the Exchange and other sources?

Please and thank you for any help!
    And again, I apologize!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hello mtiwtk and welcome to posting on the forums. :) This world does not have any sims already in the world. You will need to create families in cas or sims that you already downloaded from the exchange , and move them into the world. The game generates sims to fill certain job positions when certain items and buildings are in the world. When there is a late night bar, the games generates a mixologist to serve at he bar. When there is a showtime venue, it generates a proprietor there because it is needed for the venue. If your sim starts a career, the game will generate work mates.
    I hope that helps you. There are also 2 more versions of this world that ruthless kk has created too.
    Happy simming to you! Continue to enjoy playing in this world! :)