Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everything Island: ready for download!

Comments

• Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited November 2011
    Ruth,

You know I'm a huge fan of everything you build and I can tell by the gorgeous pictures that this world is going to be another amazing creation!

Expect a rec from me and thank you for sharing your beautiful work.

Zoo

Hi Zoo! Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look. I hope you enjoy using the island...I tried to pay attention to every little detail. :D
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited November 2011
    Ruthless I love your work
    Its always works perfectly on my game and its fun to play
    the world
    EA could take some lessons from you and a few others in here
    on how to make beautiful worlds
  • Options
    mafo1988mafo1988 Posts: 813 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Wow! I have just started my own thread thanking you for this world lol,

I have to say, you are incredibly talented and this world really is the world of my dreams, I have been waiting for an 'everything' world, for soooo long, and yours is not only very detailed and well thought out, it is beautiful and runs well!

Thankyou sooo much.

Also while I am here, I am far too lazy to populate worlds (although, if I have to I WILL populate this one lol, I have started but it is such a slow process) I was wondering if any of you wonderful players out there have a save file i could possibly pinch? pretty please? I would be eternally greatful!!

Thank you again for this world Ruthless.

Haley x

Edit: Spelling :oops:
  • Options
    RavernaRaverna Posts: 192 Member
    edited November 2011
    Rec, downloaded and played it a bit.

There is a possible minor problem with the world. Twice a teenage student got stuck after getting off the school bus at the front of the school. Need resetsim to free the student. My workaround for now is just to edit the school and move the school bell and clear the entrance area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Coming up for air from playing Skyrim ( loving it, btw!) and realizing I have fallen behind on my "housekeeping". Sorry about that.

Sapphire- thank you so much!

Manssom- I figured if I wanted something like this, then probably some other people might want it too...glad it helps. Thanks :D

Sierra- you hit the nail on the head. I wanted a blend of sunset valley and bridgeport in feeling...those are my two favorite towns. I am thrilled that you are enjoying using it.

Folly- thank you so much!

Allium- you are so sweet! Thanks :D

Marcel- glad to hear it..thanks for taking the time to let me know. :D

Judi- I know what you mean about cc...it is so easy to forget about a stray pattern here and there( the only kind of cc I have in my game) but I spent quite a bit of time replacing patterns in a few of the houses I used just to be sure there was not a bit of cc in the world.

GAO- this world was made with base game, ambitions, world adventures and nightlife. No stuff packs and no pets are needed. Hope that helps.

Suzy Q- I made sure to place several "legacy" sized lots around town for just that purpose. :-) I hope you like playing there.

Pegasas- You are so kind! Thanks a bunch :D

Cae- Thank you so much!

Oil- Thanks! As you are no doubt discovering yourself as you work on your world, it can be incredibly frustrating but also very fun. I cant wait to see your world when it is all done.

LuvtehGeeks- no stuff packs were used at all. Hope that helps and sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

**got some stuff to do but then I will make sure and get everything else answered. I really do appreciate you all takinig the time to give me some feedback on this :D
  • Options
    schmezzleschmezzle Posts: 1,616 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I love this world you've made! It's the only thing I've ever downloaded from the exchange- so glad I did.

It's better than all the EA worlds- especially when you've got all the E.P.s. I love all the buildings in it too. Gorgeous- thank you for all your hard work. I think EA should hire you! :)
  • Options
    schmezzleschmezzle Posts: 1,616 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Edit: Got Liamed :roll:
  • Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely stunning!!! I LOVE this world :) You did such a wonderful job on it hun!! :thumbup:

Rec'd & downloaded!

*added to my Favorites* :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Empresspamela: No..crater lake is not a reference to oregon. I have never been there. :-) I just thought the lake looked like it had been made my a meteor strike..lol.

Chemical: I am so happy to hear that you have been enjoying Victorian Bay. If you have any sims that start wanting to move to a highrise, now they have a place to go. :D

Spartan: thank you so much! Sim photography is not my strong suit so I had to take tons of pix to get some decent ones. those night shots were such a happy coincidence. :-)

Yanti: you are incredibly kind...thank you. I worried a lot about the trees. I like lots of them and I thought I might be putting in too many to keep the world running smoothly, but it doesnt seem to be an issue so far ( crossing finges)

Sylvn: I am glad you like the island. I started out trying to think of a good "theme" which I think is what EA does....and then I realized that was going to be limiting and steer me away from what I really wanted: a good all purpose world that had everything in it.

aanderson: thank you!! :-)

blewis: Glad to hear you are enjoying it! Thank you for letting me know. :-)

strawberry: I hope your computer can run this world. I did several things to try to make it easy on some computers...I did not use very many animated effects ( no waves in the ocean..not too many fountains) no cc at all, limited the kinds of trees and spread out the neighborhoods to reduce the amount of distance rendering. My goal was to make it work for a wide variety of machines.

45: you have always been so supportive and kind to me..I appreciate it so much. And I also thank yu for letting me know about that glitch you had with your library. If I hear of anyone else having the same issue, I can now tell them how to corect it. :-)

mafo: Thank you for the wonderful comments! Sorry about the unpopulated part..I just do not mess with hacks and mods in my game. Well that and I kind of like populating a world. It means, at the very least that my legacy founder will have some decent prospects to pick from, right? :D:D

Raverna: thanks for the heads up on the school. That was not something that came up in playtesting and I have since populated a family with several kids and teens to see if I can duplicate that issue...but it hasnt happened. Must be how the game drew the routing? :cry: Luckily it is an easy fix, so I am glad you mentioned it.
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited December 2011
    There was one other small glitch and its a routing one Ruthie
    At the school There is the bell and those flower bushes in front
    I always got someone stuck in the flower bush and they cant get out
    so I would have to move them.

I fixed it by moving the bell deleteing the flower bushes and the fence so there is loads of room for everyone to move into the building as Im inclinef to fill the whole town up with my made families and there is always a load of kids wandering in.
  • Options
    RavernaRaverna Posts: 192 Member
    edited December 2011
    Raverna: thanks for the heads up on the school. That was not something that came up in playtesting and I have since populated a family with several kids and teens to see if I can duplicate that issue...but it hasnt happened. Must be how the game drew the routing? :cry: Luckily it is an easy fix, so I am glad you mentioned it.

My guess is that the kids only stuck if the school bus come from one direction but not the opposite one. I haven't tested this again so it is just a guess, did you test family on two different lots that are on opposite sides in related to the school location.
  • Options
    IchiRukiiIchiRukii Posts: 163 Member
    edited December 2011
    I have got to say, this is truly AMAZING!

And I wish I could build a good house, but oh boy, I could never imagine being able to build something as wonderful as this!

Rec'd, Downloaded, Fave'd LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing :)
    2zznd61.jpg
    Read it at ichirukiisims.wordpress.com
  • Options
    DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I love it! Already rec'd and downloaded :) :thumbup:
  • Options
    rchristisonrchristison Posts: 129 Member
    edited December 2011
    Downloaded and Rec' it looks perfect! Thankyou :)
    Origin ID - OrtwinOmaar
  • Options
    rchristisonrchristison Posts: 129 Member
    edited December 2011
    been playing with it for a wee while now...2 words LOVE IT, and I love the hidden smilie faces under the houses :)
    Thanks again :)
    Origin ID - OrtwinOmaar
  • Options
    ShepherdgothShepherdgoth Posts: 270
    edited December 2011
    will not downlode
  • Options
    MARISSAM1980MARISSAM1980 Posts: 316
    edited December 2011
    Looking forward to downloading this some time this week when I get some simtime in. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this island is everything I ever dreamed of and a custom neighborhood. Except for the big ominous evil Mountain to have my sins based on the four Horsemen live on.
  • Options
    crimrosecrimrose Posts: 401 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Hey there! I spotted this awhile back, but didn't have time to get it. I came back today to download, but it's been removed for some reason. Anyone else getting this page from the link?

Bummer, as it looked like a great World! Beautiful pictures. Hopefully it can be worked out soon enough.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited December 2011
    I got the removed this item page also. Bummer.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Jana63Jana63 Posts: 100 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Oh, No! :cry: I finally got a chance to download Ruth's world and now it says it's been removed! :?: Help, Ruth! I need your ROCKING world!!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    maybe shes adding the mouton of evil
  • Options
    RedEclairRedEclair Posts: 732
    edited December 2011
    It's been taken down :( hope it gets put back up soon!
  • Options
    AdriadeAdriade Posts: 32 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I'd also like to download it too! Here's to hoping you are simply updating... :(
  • Options
    shipofsimsshipofsims Posts: 905 Member
    edited December 2011
    I found this link by mysims.blogspot.com

http://www.mediafire.com/?r5ho3yk4s4fzp35