Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About graphics cards-EVERYONE please read!

Comments

• Options
    StarrTigerStarrTiger Posts: 153 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I have the no fluff issue with

Mobile Intel(R) 4 series express chipset family

Fully updated.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited November 2011
    I thought I posted this, but I guess the OP hasn't updated the list.

Anyway, I have a NVIDIA GeForce 210 1GB graphics card.

It's not supported by the game, but I don't have any graphical issues with Pets.
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited November 2011
    Nvidia GeForce GT220 1GB - Fully Updated - ZERO issues...game works PERFECTLY! :thumbup: :XD: :mrgreen:

Edited to add driver is fully updated :)
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    Maryjane2995Maryjane2995 Posts: 129 New Member
    edited November 2011
    sorry but I have a ATI Radeon HD 5670 and there are issues with there being no fluff..soo please take it off the list of ok graphics cards
  • Options
    AithneCroiAithneCroi Posts: 530 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Everything works fine EXCEPT i have the no fluff issue yet it is listed under not having it on another post.

This can't be upgraded to anything I'm stuck with it and do not have the money to buy anew computer nor should I have to just to play the darn game.
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited November 2011
    AithneCroi wrote:
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Everything works fine EXCEPT i have the no fluff issue yet it is listed under not having it on another post.

This can't be upgraded to anything I'm stuck with it and do not have the money to buy anew computer nor should I have to just to play the darn game.

sorry that card is NOT supported and shouldnt have been all along
  • Options
    AithneCroiAithneCroi Posts: 530 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Then explain why I'm having zero issues what so ever other then the no fluff?

And there's no need to put "not" into all caps as I am not stupid and can read rather well, nor do I need you to yell the fact. I have 4 expansions and thats the only problem I run into graphics wise.
  • Options
    junkies_promisejunkies_promise Posts: 32 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I have the same as the OP, Intel HD Graphics. No fluff, but other than than that, I haven't noticed any other graphic bugs.
  • Options
    cloverleafecloverleafe Posts: 12
    edited November 2011
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, doesn't work, but since it is unsupported I'm not surprised. I didn't do my research before buying the game, and knew this could come up. Can anyone recommend me a card to upgrade to? I'm clueless about this stuff. :?
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited November 2011
    Just an observation....it appears that 99% of the people having problems have ATI Radeon cards.

I got a new computer is July that had an ATI Radeon graphics card. The ATI Radeon card crashed and died in September....2 months after I got the computer. This happened BEFORE pets was even released...so it's not Pets related. Since my computer was only 2 months old and still under warranty, they replaced the ATI Radeon graphics card with a new Nvidia GeForce card. Thankfully they did because I'm having zero problems with my game. But if my ATI Radeon hadn't died before pets came out, I'm sure I'd be having the same problems everyone else is having.

Is anyone with Nvidia cards having any problems?

Edited to correct grammar :oops:
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    Whisperer96Whisperer96 Posts: 14
    edited November 2011
    I have the ATI Radeon HD 3200 and it works perfectly!

Now for a better processor...
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    edited November 2011

Hi. I have the same card. What computer do you have? I dont have pets yet but I got the demo and all looks good on there. Are you having any problems at all as I don't want to waste my money. I cant afford a new laptop at the moment. Thanks
  • Options
    Whisperer96Whisperer96 Posts: 14
    edited November 2011
    Lilia1971 wrote:

Hi. I have the same card. What computer do you have? I dont have pets yet but I got the demo and all looks good on there. Are you having any problems at all as I don't want to waste my money. I cant afford a new laptop at the moment. Thanks

I wouldn't suggest my computer, it has a bad processor and CPU speed, and the sims 3 runs really slow so it has to be on the lowest graphics settings. The only good thing about it is the graphics card :lol: . Mine is the Toshiba satellite pro L450D with windows 7 and AMD processor. If the demo works well on yours, the game probably will to :). Hope I helped!
  • Options
    Emily485Emily485 Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited November 2011
    How do you know what graphic card you have?
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    edited November 2011
    Lilia1971 wrote:

I wouldn't suggest my computer, it has a bad processor and CPU speed, and the sims 3 runs really slow so it has to be on the lowest graphics settings. The only good thing about it is the graphics card :lol: . Mine is the Toshiba satellite pro L450D with windows 7 and AMD processor. If the demo works well on yours, the game probably will to :). Hope I helped!

Thanks for that. I have an Acer. It's not old but not brilliant either. I think I might risk getting it then. At least I know the card works anyway.
  • Options
    simfreak103simfreak103 Posts: 4,735 New Member
    edited November 2011
    How can you tell what your graphics card is? :oops:
  • Options
    lovellie16lovellie16 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I have Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family and I also have chip type: Intel GMA 3000 installed..

I am having the Distorted/Deformed Animal glitch as well. A response or solution would be greatly appreciated.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ren3784ren3784 Posts: 8
    edited November 2011
    so i have that NVIDIA GeForce 9400M where the horses crash the game whenever they enter the screen :( ...

is there a fix for this yet? i had to add that gnome on the lot that disallows horses, but that doesnt always work if the horse runs on the land outside of the lot and u see it...
  • Options
    NezuMuffyNezuMuffy Posts: 28
    edited November 2011
    I have an NVIDIA GeForce 9400M too, and the game freezes whenever I try adopting an animal (and there's also the "deformed" glitch that pops up from time to time).

I tried to reduce the graphic settings but it didn't help. :(
  • Options
    jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited November 2011
    reserved for graphics cards without pets related issues
      Intel HD Graphics Core i5
      ATI Radeon HD5570
      Nvidia Geforce GTX460
      ATI Radeon 3000
      ATI Radeon HD 5670
      ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5740
      AMD Radeon HD 6850
      NVIDIA GeForce 9600M
      ATI Radeon HD 4870
      ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330
      NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 1GB
      ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
      NVIDIA® GeForce® 9700M GTS
      Nvidia GTX GeForce 580
      Nvidia GTX GeForce 570
      Nvidia GTX550 ti tcp
      ATI Radeon HD 4200
      ATI radeon HD 6770
      Nvidia GeForce GT 420 1GB
      Intel (R) HD Graphics (Core 13)
      ATI Radeon 3670

My computer is nearly 3 years old. It's a Dell Inspiration 530 on an Intel Core 2 processes. Can I simply increase the wattage and ditch the intel for a Nvida?
  • Options
    pop_electricpop_electric Posts: 126 Member
    edited November 2011
    I have the Nvidia GeForce 9400M and I'm having no major glitches, my game is still playable the only real problem I have is the 'no fur issue' which is really bugging but I'm sure it's not my graphics card..
  • Options
    Pcd1love2uPcd1love2u Posts: 913 Member
    edited November 2011
    I have the Nvidia GeForce 9400M and I'm having no major glitches, my game is still playable the only real problem I have is the 'no fur issue' which is really bugging but I'm sure it's not my graphics card..
    WAAAAAH thats the same as my old mac mini that i sold to move :( now i got the new one with intel graphics.. EWW
  • Options
    aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited November 2011
    I got a NVIDIA GeForce 500 video card and i have a freezing issue thats really the only issue i have with pets.my game worked fine before pets and the latest patch so cc and mods are not the issue.
  • Options
    NezuMuffyNezuMuffy Posts: 28
    edited December 2011
    bump
  • Options
    Lschram55Lschram55 Posts: 24 Member
    edited December 2011
    I have the Nvidia Geforce 7900 GS with latest update. Had no problems until Pets. Now crashes to desktop without warning. For the 3 weeks it worked with Pets everything looked great except intermittent short lags.