Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About graphics cards-EVERYONE please read!

Comments

• Options
    Pcd1love2uPcd1love2u Posts: 913 Member
    edited October 2011
    I know this is listed but Intel HD I5 i have no problem :mrgreen:
  • Options
    EmileezyEmileezy Posts: 66 New Member
    edited October 2011
    So, my pet's fluff isnt missing, but it looks like its floating. It shows the pet's body, and the fluff sort of transparent. Can anyone tell me if this is a graphic issue or do I just need to adjust my ingame settings?
  • Options
    Dinahdoll22Dinahdoll22 Posts: 696 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have 2 laptops atm.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M 2GB graphics- No issues

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M graphics with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM - No issues

Edit: I spoke too soon. My pets seem to look fine in game, but in CAP when changing breeds I noticed some are distorted.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    AndieAstroCitrusAndieAstroCitrus Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    I have ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 and so far so good :)I didn't see it on the list but I may have just overlooked it :p
  • Options
    juliejulezzzzzjuliejulezzzzz Posts: 42
    edited October 2011
    I have the Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family. No issues!

I have this one too, but I'm having problems with the game crashing. I was able to play last night for about 90 minutes, but tonight I can't play more than 10 minutes. I ran the crash log analyzer from MTS and it says it's a problem with my graphics. I removed most of my cc (didn't have a lot and none of it was bad according to delphy's dashboard) and I updated my graphics driver, but still no luck :( Everything looks really good when it does run though.

I'm pretty bummed actually because my laptop is only 2 years old and runs really great with everything else, and ran the game beautifully before pets. Might try to build my own desktop with the bare minimum programs to hook up to my 42" tv to play the game, but I've never built my own before. I'm in school full time right now and work full time at a "grown-up" job (I'm almost 30 hehe) so maybe that will be a project during winter break.
  • Options
    ditzyeriditzyeri Posts: 8 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Hey all,

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, and having the exact problems described at the beginning of the forum. Anything to do with horses causes the game to freeze, and I have to manually restart.

However, I have noticed a couple of other people with the same card have said the game runs fine.

Now, as I understand it,
    my graphics card DOES meet requirements, so I shouldn't have problems.

My questions is: will they fix this for those graphics cards that DO meet requirements, but are struggling with the game? It's not our fault surely! Will they create a patch, or are we just expected to buy a new graphics card?!

• Options
    fallenangel19910fallenangel19910 Posts: 4,432 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Emileezy wrote:
    So, my pet's fluff isnt missing, but it looks like its floating. It shows the pet's body, and the fluff sort of transparent. Can anyone tell me if this is a graphic issue or do I just need to adjust my ingame settings?

it's a graphics issue... a few people are having it... it is along the lines with the NO fluff Fur thing, could be a glitch but could also be your card...
  • Options
    albaniealbanie Posts: 584 Member
    edited October 2011
    I want to get an NVIDIA 8400GS but will it work with my PC? It's got 2GB of Ram, 500GB HD, 19" screen, currently integrated graphics and a 255W supply to the processor. The NVIDIA site quoted that the maximum power draw of this card is 71 watts, so I really want it to work. Can anyone help me? :)

Post edited by Unknown User on
    You never forget the face of the person who was your last hope - The Hunger Games.
    Banana! - Minions
  • Options
    Leah_of_FarAwayLeah_of_FarAway Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that some people have no issues with the game while others have distorted pets even though they are using the same graphic card :S
  • Options
    ditzyeriditzyeri Posts: 8 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that some people have no issues with the game while others have distorted pets even though they are using the same graphic card :S

Same here. When I went through and saw other people with my card had the same problem, I was relieved it wasn't a problem with my computer or anything. But I've seen a couple of posts where people have said that their game was running perfectly. I'm so confused! I really hope they come out with a patch.. soon
  • Options
    FilmScoredFilmScored Posts: 17 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have the Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset, which is compatible in the requirements but not on the list of graphics cards (1.7 GB & 4.0 Pixel Shading), but I didn't have problems for the first week or so except for no fluff. Then it randomly crashed yesterday and I had to do the DEP work around for it to work without crashing.
  • Options
    VelyndraVelyndra Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Its a little laggy, but since making the game large address aware I have had no crashing problems. I'm using the NVIDIA Geforce GT440 with ALL expansion packs and ALL stuff packs plus I have about 2GB of CC. Side note though... if I didnt have the 3GB memory it would still be crashing with Pets added.
  • Options
    lindsaylikeomglindsaylikeomg Posts: 167 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I don't have the game yet as i've been way too busy with midterms and assignments, but i'm getting it this weekend and my graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 6520G) isn't on either list so i'll let you know if it works...if it doesn't I will be extremely ****** because this is a brand new computer that I was told was perfect for the sims 3 games!
  • Options
    iamxrayiamxray Posts: 243 New Member
    edited November 2011
    My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE.
    The problems I'm having are:

1. The see-through fur issue and bulging eyes on cats and dogs. Horses are fine.
    2. Weird issues where Sims get stuck and act like there is something in the way when there isn't. I solve this manually by resetting the Sim.
  • Options
    cheburashka111cheburashka111 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I have NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 512 MB and the game crashes after a few minutes of playing. Crash log analyzer says the problem is the video card, it worked fine before I installed Generations and Pets (I installed both of the EP at the same time).
  • Options
    corvusdeicorvusdei Posts: 345 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I have NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 512 MB and the game crashes after a few minutes of playing. Crash log analyzer says the problem is the video card, it worked fine before I installed Generations and Pets (I installed both of the EP at the same time).

You might try limiting the FPS on the card, it may be overheating. Sims 3 does not include a FPS limit, one of its many sloppy programming practices. (Most people can't even see past 60 FPS, there is NO REASON Sims3 should ever render at 300 :/)
  • Options
    stikystuffstikystuff Posts: 2,939 Member
    edited November 2011
    I have an amd HD 6770 graphics card and I seem to have the no fluff issue, has anyone else got this card and have you been having issues. Also was this card on the supported list, i'm getting a little confused.
  • Options
    MochaKat21MochaKat21 Posts: 691 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I have the ATI Radeon HD 5700...but my graphics have definitely gone downhill. I even resulted in uninstalling and reinstalling all my sims games ((in hopes of being a glitchy sim/CC)

My graphics used to be beautiful! Now it's like a 5 year colored everything in...especially the clothes that have straps. This is without CC too :/
  • Options
    zanesaaomgfanzanesaaomgfan Posts: 1,469 Member
    edited November 2011
    If I'm reading correctly, it's
    GeForce GT 440

and it's great. (It's new.)
  • Options
    plumchumplumchum Posts: 376
    edited November 2011
    the ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB isnt on either does it have problems?
  • Options
    PETE16PETE16 Posts: 25
    edited November 2011
    reserved for graphics cards without pets related issues
      Intel HD Graphics Core i5
      ATI Radeon HD5570
      Nvidia Geforce GTX460
      ATI Radeon 3000
      ATI Radeon HD 5670
      ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5740
      AMD Radeon HD 6850
      NVIDIA GeForce 9600M
      ATI Radeon HD 4870
      ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330
      NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 1GB
      ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
      NVIDIA® GeForce® 9700M GTS
      Nvidia GTX GeForce 580
      Nvidia GTX GeForce 570
      Nvidia GTX550 ti tcp
      ATI Radeon HD 4200
      ATI radeon HD 6770
      Nvidia GeForce GT 420 1GB
      Intel (R) HD Graphics (Core 13)
      ATI Radeon 3670

I need a new graphics card. I was hoping you can help me choose one of the following that you provided. I have a Dell Inspiron 530. I have GMA G31/G33 Integrated Graphics card and i need an update.
  • Options
    jossygjossyg Posts: 9 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I have a Mac, I have NO IDEA what kind of graphics card I have, but i know that anytime there is any HINT of a horse, even if my sim thinks about a horse, the game immediately freezes, and this last time, it closed on its own, i usually have to shut down because i cant do anything when it freezes. is this a maxis thing, or can i just not use pets on a mac???????
  • Options
    shaymin11shaymin11 Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    I have Intel HD Graphics Core i5 and Sims 3 pets crashes
    :(
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited November 2011
    I don't have a graphics card. I have an integrated chip; ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics. No problems and my animals are fuzzy when they are supposed to be.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    nar1819nar1819 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited November 2011
    have an nvida geforce GTX 260M works great...all my settings at max