Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About graphics cards-EVERYONE please read!

Comments

• Options
    moritz081490moritz081490 Posts: 251
    edited October 2011
    @ blunote00, Thank you very much! Not only VERY interesting but very informative an impressive! lol guess I should count myself as one of the lucky few. I wasn't sure If my card or system could handle 3 let alone ANY eps. I felt like I was taking a risk with 3 as it was but I have LN, AMB and GEN all running fine. Some lagging but no glitches. Thanks again!!
  • Options
    IceReaver75IceReaver75 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have a Geforce 6200 A-LE and its running well. I had the transparent fur on dogs and cats but turning on advanced rendering fixed that. I'm running all settings on medium except sim detail on high. I have had no crashes or freezing i do have a little lag though but that's due to the advanced rendering being on.
  • Options
    DBurrakiDBurraki Posts: 70
    edited October 2011
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    Pets have blocky fur/no fluffiness and animal eyes have 'black' reflections and horse eyes are dark empty holes of suffering.

Pets look perfectly fine in Create-A-Pet demo.
  • Options
    DruliDruli Posts: 63 New Member
    edited October 2011
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5740 - no issues

I have this one too and my pets aren't fluffy. What can I do?
  • Options
    katyshewankatyshewan Posts: 2,717 New Member
    edited October 2011
    katyshewan wrote:
    Bluezepher wrote:
    I have the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family on Windows Vista and my pets are extremely distorted.
    I tried going to Intel's website to look for an update to the card, and it determined that I have "Intel® GM965(version 7.14.10.1253)" and said "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer." So I tried to update the card through device manager, and it said "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."
    Can anyone help me? s: Is there a manual update I can do? Or is there anything I can do, short of buying a new graphics card?

I have thee exact same problem, my card is Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family. They told me to contact my computer manufacturer, which is Toshiba.. but i cant get much further then that. another dead end, i cant work out my full modle number for my laptop so i cant update the drivers therfore im screwed :lol:
    The people on the Tec forums say that my card isn't supported, and i dont think pets will run on it.. i can play the sims at the moment on high settings, but pets seems like a biiig graphics problem game :lol:

@katyshewan I have the same chipset as you but your saying that Pets is not playable? :cry: See I REALLY want to get it because like you said, my laptop has been able to handle the base game and the expansions very well so far. I've also had some people tell me on the forums that they are playing the game with our chipset with only some additional lag and load times. Do you know how much RAM your laptop has, as I believe that is where the chipset draws help from when we play the game? My laptop has 4GB.

Ahh another person with this chip! thought i was the only one :lol: I have a toshiba, which is pretty robust and has 4GB of RAM as well. Im currently looking into getting a new chip (if thats even possible) i havnt got pets, but i want it :lol: im getting pets at Christams, im just wanting to make sure the game wont disapoint me when i get it.
    So other people have additional lag and load time, hmm... i could probably live with that, do you know if others are having the "no fur" issue or pets looking disformed?
  • Options
    DarthBantexDarthBantex Posts: 11
    edited October 2011
    My laptop has a GeForce 7900GS graphics card and has run sim 3 perfectly since it's release but since installing sims 3 pets i have been experiencin issues like, suddenly the screen will flick between the normal brightness to extreemly dark, or it will quit me out then refuse to do anything else. These problems do not occcur when i am navigating through the menues of sims 3 pets but after a minuet or 2 playing (or in create a sim/pet) i will experience the issues above.
  • Options
    bruuutbruuut Posts: 790 Member
    edited October 2011
    I running a AMD Redeon HD 6970
  • Options
    SpaceJetSpaceJet Posts: 79
    edited October 2011
    I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics card, and I have blocky/no fur. :cry:
  • Options
    TilleaTillea Posts: 5
    edited October 2011
    ATI Radeon HD 4570.
    Doesn't work...

This is the picture: Screenshot74-vi.jpg
  • Options
    ArtemisWolfArtemisWolf Posts: 50
    edited October 2011
    EDIT: Fixed problem
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Lucy1666Lucy1666 Posts: 107
    edited October 2011
    minds the intel(R)G33/31 Express chipset family
    and im carnt make a pet at all very glitchy i tried the advanced rendering turning it on no luck :cry::cry:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ashcrme wrote:
    Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset. Distorted animals are the only problem for me.

im the same have u found a fix at all :-o
  • Options
    Blacksnow11Blacksnow11 Posts: 26
    edited October 2011
  • Options
    TheFlyingBurritoTheFlyingBurrito Posts: 1,221 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family - Small issue, just the no-fluff glitch.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2011

GMA950 chipsets don't work with any iteration of The Sims 3.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SugarMagicSugarMagic Posts: 140 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I am experiencing the "no fluff" problem with my ATI Radeon HD 5670.

My drivers are up-to-date and I have advanced rendering turned on.
  • Options
    NESSAROURKENESSAROURKE Posts: 572 Member
    edited October 2011
    I am also experiencing the 'no fluff' issue.
    I have an AMD Radeon HD 6700.
    My drivers are too up to date and I play with advanced rendering on and all settings on the highest possible setting.
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have a laptop with ATI Radeon HD3200. According to the chart that Bluenote posted, I shouldn't be able to play Sims 3 but it does and I think the quality is good. Has anyone tried pets with this card please.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    oh **** that means i got to get a new graphics card :evil:

anyone know if there making a patch to fix the distorted/monsters pets :?:
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited October 2011
    Lilia1971 wrote:
    I have a laptop with ATI Radeon HD3200. According to the chart that Bluenote posted, I shouldn't be able to play Sims 3 but it does and I think the quality is good. Has anyone tried pets with this card please.
    That chart goes to Fast Lane and I wish they'd updated theirs too. But it still relevant because it's helps you see the card you have a bit better. If you're able to play with that card and it states a no, then that's great. However, there's no way to be sure it will play with Pets.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    Blacksnow11Blacksnow11 Posts: 26
    edited October 2011
    Thank you. Do you know if this one would work?
    ATI Radeon 7000 ?
  • Options
    ShiverdamShiverdam Posts: 42
    edited October 2011
    I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M and the only issue I'm having is that dogs and cats aren't fluffy. Horses aren't causing any issues.
  • Options
    Lschram55Lschram55 Posts: 24 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have a Nvidia Geforce 7900 GS and the only problem I am having so far is having the game pause occasionally. And sometimes I have a little trouble zooming in. Just since installing Pets, and nothing I can't live with.
  • Options
    NatePsychoticNatePsychotic Posts: 11
    edited October 2011
    AMD Radeon HD5770, no issues with distorted objects/pets or the likes. No graphical errors except for the "no fur" issue.
  • Options
    Simalishous300Simalishous300 Posts: 7
    edited October 2011
    I'm a little confused. So if you have the Intel(R)G33/G31 Express Chipset Family graphics card, You need a graphics card for no messed up animals.