Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About graphics cards-EVERYONE please read!

Comments

• BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    edited November 2011
    I have NVIDIA GTX460M I have had no issues.

• AmberKotoriAmberKotori Posts: 3,440 Member
    edited November 2011
    I have ATI Radeon HD 5570 and I have the no fur/fluffy issue, that's it.
    456932bd-d82f-41e3-ba07-e3cbab1b5ebc_zpsfu64k4v0.jpg
  • ocorreiaocorreia Posts: 59
    edited November 2011
    I have ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5650 and I have no major issues.

I only get deformed wild pets when they get stuck in the subway (they shouldn't be there in the first place!) and when I zoom out sometimes dogs and cats have funny colours.

My drivers are up to date.
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited November 2011
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5740

That would be my card that's on the list. It's integrated into a laptop and works fine, but my game lags a lot due to me having way too much cc :$ I'm making a point of deleting some of it so playing is easier.

My only issue is that I have no fluffy pets, with updated drivers installed.
  • mikee2009mikee2009 Posts: 87 New Member
    edited November 2011
    AMD RADEON HD 6570 and I have the no fluff issue.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited November 2011
    i have a NVIDIA GeForce 7100/NVIDIA nForce 630i and my only problem is freezing/crashing.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited November 2011
    To whomever is keeping the list of graphics cards updated, my card is listed as having NO problems but I AM having problems. I have an ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB card with updated drivers, and I have the "no fluff" issue.

I did not realize I had a problem when Pets was first released because, not having played the Pets demo, I didn't know how fluffy longhaired cats and dogs were supposed to look. Mine look terribly lumpy and blocky. Thanks.
  • skippenmydesignskippenmydesign Posts: 121 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 and have the no fluff issue. Everything else runs fine with it though. It is currently update. It was previously supported but no longer is with Pets EP and the information just released (information that wasn't out when I bought my game)
  • JellybeanJaydenJellybeanJayden Posts: 9
    edited November 2011
    I have NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 my pets don't work. When in play and when making them their faces look shadowed and if they have puffy fur (Like a collie) their fur is almost transparent.
  • Shadow2SoulShadow2Soul Posts: 1,628 Member
    edited November 2011
    blunote00 wrote:
    I'm not to savvy when it comes to things in the tech world, correct me if I am wrong (please!) but if its a higher number like NVIDIA GeForce 9400 compared to NVIDIA GeForce 7100 (which is what I have) then the latter with the higher number is better, right? (Bigger=better?) Just making an attempt to gain some insight so I can judge as to whether or not to even bother with pets... Thanks for any info
    I don't really use the ATI card and I still get confused on their naming convention, I did that the other night. I do like the Nvidia cards and have always been satisfied with them (even though they had a bad batch) a few years back. Maybe this chart on MTS will help you figure it out better. The older cards are for each mfg is at the top and the newer cards are at the bottom.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements

I do like that they color coded the chart and anything with all green should play the game well.

EDIT: If you look at that chart you will see the 9400 rates a maybe.

I think that chart is a little off. I have the ATI Radeon HD 4200 and have no issues. I have pets, the pets have fur, and I run the game on mostly high graphic settings.
  • Clay4512Clay4512 Posts: 933 Member
    edited November 2011
    NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G is not on the list.
    This graphics card has the no fluff issue.
  • vicky0137vicky0137 Posts: 41 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I have a ATI Radeon 4800 and pets do not have fluff,Card is over heating,Just had deformed pet yesterday,Freezing and crashing
  • LozziwozLozziwoz Posts: 38 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I have mobile intel(R) 965 express chipset family and my animals are distorted but the game doesn't crash or freeze.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited November 2011
    Nvidia GeForce GXT 460 with the latest drivers. It looks like my pets do have fur but there is a white outline around them in CAS.
  • CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited November 2011
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Nvidia GeForce GXT 460 with the latest drivers. It looks like my pets do have fur but there is a white outline around them in CAS.

I have the same card and the same line in CAP.
  • celtorepeaceceltorepeace Posts: 9 New Member
    edited November 2011
    NVIDIA GeForce 9200
    Game crashes to desktop with a popup box that says "Sims 3 has stopped working"
  • hollyserb1976hollyserb1976 Posts: 24
    edited November 2011
    my graphics card is not on either list, I have NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT and my pets game is freezing up every few seconds
  • gh0ulgh0ul Posts: 26
    edited November 2011
    Ati/HIS Radeon HD 6850 - no fluff.
  • xsweetpinky84xxsweetpinky84x Posts: 27 Member
    edited November 2011
    i just got Pets and was bummed to see my pets look UGLY.. I have Intel(R)82945G Express Chipset(DXDiaG check) but on the tower itself it reads Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 and Intel Pentium D Processor 820 dual-core which is all greek and confusing.. Some additional info my PC runs WinXP SP3,1GBram,2.8GHzx2,250GB SATA HDD and its all updated.. Game runs slow but nothing out of the normal and i have 1 mod which is just to get rid of the censor blur..
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited November 2011
    The 2 pcs in our house have:

Ati radeon hd 5770 1 gig - most current drivers... No fluff.

Ati Radeon hd 6770 1 gig- most current drivers... No Fluff.
  • AmyReddAmyRedd Posts: 5
    edited November 2011
    I have a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 with no issues and plenty of fluff :-)
  • MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited November 2011
    I have the Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

It doesn't have the deformed pet issue but it does have the "no fluff" issue

What is really weird is I don't have the "no fluff" issue in the Create a Pet Demo which leads me to believe it could be a bug/glitch with the Pets expansion itself.
  • ctx43801ctx43801 Posts: 126 Member
    edited November 2011
    Just got my brand new computer home today after a major upgrade. I have 14GB of memory. Plenty, one would say, to run Pets. I have a AMD Raedon HD 6850 graphics card - fully up-dated. Should have no problems, right? Heck, my whole computer is totally up-to-date.
    Well, I tried to play Pets today and 1 minute into live mode, it crashed to desktop. Tried again, and had the same outcome.
    Then someone over at the Sims Daily Forum suggested that I stay away from Appalosa whatever it's called, and play another city. So I played Sunset Valley and was actually able to play without it crashing for 10 whole minutes. A new record, I'm sure.
    And before you ask, this was on a virgin game. Completely patched with absolutely no CC - not even Store content - or mods. And yes, I did the DEP thing, and all the other "fixes."
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited November 2011
    The only issue i have is no fluff

and mine is Mobile Intel(R) 4 series express chipset family
  • vicky0137vicky0137 Posts: 41 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I have a ATI Radeon 4800 Have pets no fluff. Crashing due to heating graphics card.Freezing